Well, for some reason they have you registered in this class.
-那都是胡扯 -这是个垃圾班级
-Yeah, and that’s some bullshit. -It’s the dumb class, coz.
这就是说你是垃圾
It means you’re too dumb.
-伙计你当面再说一遍 -我说了
-Man, say it to my face, coz. -I just did.
看看这是什么意思 垃圾
See what I mean? Dumb.
-伙计 不该这样对我说话 -好了
-Man, I know you ain’t talking to me! -Okay…
听着我要打得你屁♥股♥开花
Look, homey, I’ll beat that ass, homeboy.
请坐回你的座位好吗
Can you please sit back down?
听着 我知道你在队里是什么角色
Look, I got your spot on the team.
那就是为什么你在那里搅你的烂舌头
That’s why you’re over there wagging your tongue.
请坐回你们各自的座位
Please sit back in your seats.
听着 你是一个废人 我不知道你为什么还要浪费时间
Look, your spot is good as gone. I don’t know why you keep wasting your time
穿着你穿了两年来的耐克鞋与他们练练
coming to practice with them two-year-old Nikes on your feet!
你知道个屁
You don’t know nothing about me, coz!
你破坏了我的心情
Broke down my whole situation.
贾马尔
Jamal?
那么你现在在我面前了 对不对
So, now you’re in my face now, right?
把你的蠢屁♥股♥坐下 把你的蠢屁♥股♥坐下
Sit your punk ass down! Sit your punk ass down, homeboy!
我要把你的屁♥股♥打得满大街跑
I will run that ass off the field.
闭上你的臭嘴 想怎么样
Shut your ass up. What’s up, homey?
想怎么样 把你的蠢屁♥股♥坐下
I mean, what’s up? Sit your ass down, homey!
对不起 可不可以来帮一下忙
Excuse me, may I please get some help in here?
来啊 退后
So do something! Back up!
你碰我了
You touching me now?
都给我坐下 退后 不要让我再重复
Sit down, homeboy. Back up, I’m not gonna tell you again.
你现在不是看到我的脸了吗
You gonna look at my face now, right?
在我面前你什么都不是
You ain’t taking nothing from me, homeboy!
我要把你的屁♥股♥打得满大街跑
I will run your ass off the field!
给我把你的蠢屁♥股♥坐下
Boy, sit your ass back down.
别担心 我会好好照看你
Don’t even worry about it, I’m gonna see you.
告诉他 把他的蠢屁♥股♥坐下
Tell him. Sit his ass down.
把你的蠢屁♥股♥坐下
Sit your ass down.
谢谢 让他滚开 真是垃圾
Thank you. Let him out of here, man. That’s some bullshit.
艾林
Erin?
艾林 这是布赖恩·格莱福特
Erin, this is Brian Gelford.
他教三年级卓越荣誉班的英语
He teaches Junior English and the Distinguished Honors Classes.
-嗨 艾林·格鲁威尔 你好 -嗨 你好
-Hi. Erin Gruwell. Nice to meet you. -Hi. Nice to meet you.
我听说你今天目睹了一场小冲突
You saw a little action today, I hear.
是的 发生的太突然了
Yeah. It happened so fast.
别灰心
Well, don’t be discouraged.
等你教了几年后就可以教三年级了
You put your time in, in a few years, you’ll be able to teach juniors.
教他们很舒服
They’re a pleasure.
到那时候 你现在的大部分学生都已经走了
By then, most of your kids will be gone anyway.
-你是什么意思 -最终他们就是不来了
-What do you mean? -Well, eventually, they just stop coming.
如果我做好自己的工作 他们可能会排着队进教室
Well, if I do my job, they might be lining up at the door.
-对不对 -是
-Right? -Yeah.
-珍珠很漂亮 -谢谢
-Nice pearls. -Thank you.
如果由我决定 我不会去上学
If it was up to me, I wouldn’t even be in school.
缓刑监督官威胁我
My probation officer threatened me,
要不上学 要不就去海军训练营
telling me it was either school or boot camp.
垃圾
Dumbass.
他以为长滩存在的问题
He thinks that the problems going on in Long Beach
不会让我在威尔逊高中接触到
aren’t going to touch me at Wilson.
我的缓刑监督官不明白学校就如这个城市
My PO doesn’t understand that schools are like the city,
而城市就如一所监狱
and the city is just like a prison,
所有人都分成由部落掌管的独♥立♥族群
all of them divided into separate sections, depending on tribes.
那是小柬埔寨
There’s Little Cambodia.
犹太部落
The Ghetto.
波霸大♥陆♥
Wonder Bread Land.
还有来自南部边界的提华纳的我们
And us, South of the Border or Little Tijuana.
这就是这里的规则 大家心知肚明
That’s just the way it is, and everyone knows it.
但很快你会发现这里没有人让你欣赏的人
But soon enough, you have little wannabes trying to hit you up at school,
他们不值得你去尊重
demanding respect they haven’t earned.
好比是一个族群悄悄地移向另一片领地
It looks like this, one tribe drifting quietly to another’s territory
毫无尊重 就像宣告拥有本不属于他们的东西
without respect, as if to claim what isn’t theirs.
在外人看来一切都风平浪静 但我们能感觉得到
An outsider looking in would never see it, but we could feel it.
有事情要发生
Something was coming.
静一静
Settle down.
我们看名单上的第一个名字 荷马
Let’s go over the first name on the list, Homer.
荷马的《奥德赛》
Homer’s The Odyssey.
我只知道荷马辛普森
I know Homer the Simpson.
不 这个荷马是古希腊人
No, this Homer was an ancient Greek,
但可能他和辛普森一样是秃驴
but maybe he was bald just like Homer Simpson.
好了
Okay.
那么慢
What’s up?
请静一静
Quietly, please.
格鲁威尔夫人 他拿了我的包
Mrs. Gruwell, he just took my damn bag!
闭嘴 谁碰你的垃圾包了
Shut up! Ain’t nobody touched your damn bag.
我看到你拿的
Yeah, I saw you.
贾马尔把她的包捡回来
Jamal. Jamal. Get her backpack.
我没有拿
I didn’t do nothing anyway!
-贾马尔 -好吧
-Jamal. Jamal. -Okay.
等等 请坐在你们的位置上 等等
Wait! Wait! Please, stay in your seats! Wait!
请坐在你们的位置上
Stay in your seats! Please!
斜眼婊♥子♥
Slanty-eyed bitch!
回到你们的教室
Return to your classrooms.
立即回到你们的教室
Return to the classrooms immediately.
你就这点能耐
That’s all you got?
马上离开草坪和操场
Clear the school lawn and the recreation field now!
快回到教室 否则你们将受到纪律惩罚
classrooms, or you will be subject to disciplinary action.
你们能帮助自己和同学还有学校的就是
You can best help yourself and your fellow students
回到你们的教室
and your school by returning to your classrooms now.
请回到你们的教室
Please return to your classrooms.
起来 婊♥子♥
Get up, bitch!
所有学生必须立即回到自己的教室
All students must return to their classrooms immediately.
艾林
Erin?
艾林
Erin.
嘿 宝贝
Hey, baby.
你没事吧
You okay?
过来
Come here.
你还想做下去吗
Are you sure about this?
这完全不是我所构想的那样
Well, it’s not exactly how I pictured it.
别告诉我爸
Don’t tell my dad.
希望他没看到这个新闻
Hopefully, he hasn’t seen the news.
-工作怎么样 -爸
-So, how’s work? -Dad.
-我是在问你的老公 -目前还不错
-I was asking your husband. -It’s good. I mean, for now.
是个好公♥司♥
It’s a good company.
我几乎是在部门里运行电脑数据
I pretty much run the computer data department.
-我以为你是建筑师 -他是 只是暂时休息一下
-I thought you were an architect. -He is. He’s just taking a break.
现在这份工作钱也不少
And the money’s good for now.
那你能赚多少 税前27000美元
How much are you making, $27,000 before taxes?
你既然知道了 为什么还问呢
If you know, why are you asking?
那么大家都想吃什么
So, what’s everybody gonna eat?
凭你的智商 你可以经营一家更大的公♥司♥
With your brains, you could run a major corporation.
不用我整晚担心因为你在阿提卡做教师
Instead, I worry all night because you’re a teacher at Attica.
你知道你在说什么吗
Can you hear what you’re saying?
你跟我说了多少次民权运动游♥行♥走上街头
How many times have I listened to you about walking civil rights marches?
这些帮派是犯罪分子不是积极参与者 你看报纸没
These gangs are criminals, not activists. You read the papers?
《黑豹》 一部关于黑人运动领袖的记录片
他们也这样说《黑豹》的
They said the same thing about the Black Panthers.
我敢打赌你学生们甚至不知道
I’ll lay odds your kids don’t even know
谁是说唱布朗 谁是艾尔德里奇·科里佛
who Rap Brown or Eldridge Cleaver were.
你在这些人身上浪费你的才能
You’re gonna waste your talents on people
对他们来说教育什么都不是
who don’t give a damn about education.
真伤我的心
It breaks my heart.
我告诉你的都是事实
I tell you the truth.
只是
Well…
对不起 我控制不住自己
I’m sorry. I can’t help that.
-你认为这样对她好吗 -是的
-You think this is good enough for her? -Yeah, I do.
听着 史蒂夫
Look, Steve,
只要艾林认为她能教得了这些孩子 她就可以
if Erin thinks she can teach these kids, she can.