I’m not allowed to teach junior and seniors.
不准
You’re not allowed?
格女士 我们可以为此斗争
Ms. G, we can fight this, you know,
就像自♥由♥乘坐公共汽车者们一样
like the Freedom Riders.
对 对 我们可以乘坐公交车
Yeah, yeah, we’ll all drive around on a bus.
自♥由♥乘坐公共汽车者们 反种族隔离的游♥行♥示♥威♥者
到那时候他们再拆散我们
Only this time, they try and bust us up,
我们就让那些董事会的人好看
We bust a few of them board members’ heads.
马库斯
Marcus.
要么我们可以找报社媒体 那样就可以引起他们的重视
Or we can go to the newspapers, media. That’ll get their attention.
要么我们可以把行政大楼涂上
Or we can paint the administration building
五颜六色的”混♥蛋♥”
With the word “assholes” in various colors.
嘿 我们能这么办
Hey, it’s something. We can do this.
怎么了
What?
这些是我的书 不是斯科特的 我装错了
These are my books, not Scott’s. I’m packing the wrong books.
宝贝 休息一下
Honey, take a break.
坐下
Sit down.
真不敢相信我要离婚了
I can’t believe I’m getting divorced.
我从没想过这会发生
I never thought this would happen.
现在我该怎么办
What do I do now?
下一年我又要和孩子们道别了
Next year, I won’t even have my kids.
你认为你应该和他们待在一起
You think you should stay with them?
或者放手让他们继续向前比较好
Or is it better they move on?
我不知道
I don’t know.
就像你说的 只是一份工作
It’s just a job, like you said.
是的 就是一份工作
Yeah, it is.
但工作完成了吗
But is the job finished?
现在听我说
Listen to me now.
你为这些孩子做的一切…
What you’ve done with those kids…
我都不知道该怎么说
I don’t even have words for it.
但唯一确定的是 你是个不可多得的好老师
But one thing’s for sure, you are an amazing teacher.
非常特别
Special.
你肩负了重大的责任 我的女儿
You have been blessed with a burden, my daughter.
我羡慕你
And I envy you that.
我也崇拜你
And I admire you.
有多少父亲会对他的女儿说这些话
And how many fathers ever get to say that to their daughters
而且还那么认真
And really mean it?
她所提议的是违反我们集团宪♥章♥
What she is suggesting is in violation of our union charter.
她不能与她的学生一起升到三年级并教他们
She may not move on with her students to teach them junior year.
她来这里才两年时间
She’s only been here two years.
这里有许多比她资格更老的教师
There are teachers here who have tenure,
他们这么多年辛苦的工作和奉献自己
Who have worked and committed themselves for far longer
来获得一个教龄的地位
To attain a position of seniority.
还没有提他们给更优秀学生的教学经验
Not to mention their experience in teaching students of a higher caliber.
卓越学者项目是属于我们的权限
The Distinguished Scholars Program is under our jurisdiction.
我不想取代卓越学者项目
I don’t want to replace the Distinguished Scholars Program.
只是想下一年和我的孩子们在一起
I just want to stay with my kids next year.
不行 三年级是我教的
She can’t. I have the juniors.
教♥育♥部♥董事不会答应这个请求
The Board of Education will not allow this.
不然教学轮盘会处于混乱
Teaching rotations will be disrupted,
退休时间将要重新评估
Retirement schedules will be re-evaluated,
也是对那些奋斗更久的教师的不尊重
Disrespecting teachers who have earned their way far longer
他们一心扑在教学上
And who focus on the classroom,
而不是公共关系和报刊杂♥志♥上面
Not on public relations and newspaper articles.
我没有要求他们发表这样的文章
I didn’t ask for those articles to be written.
她正处于离婚中
She’s in the middle of a divorce.
听着 他们经常迟到 上课吃东西 玩游戏
Note, they stay late in her class, they’re eating, they’re playing games!
好了 让我们现在休息一下 好吗
All right, let’s all just take a breath here. All right?
我希望我们能将这个问题处理掉
Now I had hoped that we could talk this out,
也许我们要安排个会议
Maybe come to some kind of arrangement.
-不需要什么安排…-玛格丽特
-There is no arrangement… -Margaret.
卡尔 听着
Carl, look.
现在把所有明显的争吵放在一边
Putting aside all obvious resentments for the moment,
即使另外安排一个会议
Even if an arrangement were made
她也可以教他们三年级 我们没有一个适合
And she could teach them as juniors, there isn’t an accredited course
她教的课程
In the curriculum for her to teach.
除非布赖恩把他的三年级与二年级的换一下
Unless Brian trades one of his junior classes for a sophomore.
不行
No.
那么我也不知道怎么办了
Then there’s nothing I can do.
那么就这样
So that’s it?
不管你信不信 格鲁威尔女士
Believe it or not, Ms. Gruwell,
在学校里有能力的教师多的是
There are other capable teachers in this school.
如果你说你的教学得到了进展
If you’ve made the progress you say you have,
那么你的学生们也应该准备好继续前进了
Your students should be ready to move on.
他们可能从我们那些更有经验的老师那里 学得更多
They might even gain something from more experienced teachers.
你教不了他们 你根本不喜欢他们
You can’t teach them. You don’t even like them.
那个与教学有什么关系吗
What does that have to do with teaching?
我有逾30年的教龄
I’ve been an educator for over 30 years.
很多我的学生还和我保持着联♥系♥
I have students that still remain in touch with me.
我知道该怎样让你的学生喜欢你
I know what it is to be loved by a classroom!
你根本不知道我经历了多少战场
You have no idea how many battles I’ve had
来成为一个更优秀的教师
Fighting to be a better teacher,
难道我突然会没能力教你的学生
And now, what, suddenly I’m incapable of educating your students?
你知道 如果他们升到我的班级 他们不及格的话
You know, if they move on to our classes and they fail,
只能说明他们没有准备好
It’ll be because they weren’t prepared!
只能说明你不及格 不是他们
It’ll be because you failed, not them!
安德烈 进去之前等一下
Andre? Wait a minute before you go in.
我听说你兄弟被定罪了 我很难过
I heard about your brother’s conviction. I’m sorry.
这就是为什么会你缺课那么多
Is that why you’ve missed class so much?
我有事情要做
I had things to do.
看看这个
About this.
作业评估
The evaluation assignment
将给你所做的一切打分
Was to grade yourself on the work you’re doing.
你只给自己争取到F 这意味着什么
You gave yourself an F. What’s that about?
-这都是我应得的 就这样 -哦 真的吗
-It’s what I feel I deserve. That’s all. -Oh, really?
你知道这意味着什么吗
You know what this is?
这就是对我和整个班级的其他学生 说了声”他妈的”
This is a “Fuck you” to me, and everyone in this class!
我不需要借口 我知道你在与什么做斗争
I don’t want excuses. I know what you’re up against.
我们每个人都在做斗争
We’re all of us up against something.
那么你最好马上下定决心 因为只有直到你有眼珠子
So you better make up your mind, because until you have the balls
直接看着我的眼睛 然后告诉我这是你应得的
To look me straight in the eye and tell me this is all you deserve,
我才会让你及格
I am not letting you fail,
即使那意味着每晚要去你家
Even if that means coming to your house every night
直到你完成作业
Until you finish the work.
我知道你是谁
I see who you are.
你听懂我所说的了没有
Do you understand me?
我知道你
I can see you.
你不是个失败者
And you are not failing.
好了 休息一下 坚强点 然后进来
So, take a minute. Pull yourself together and come inside.
我需要一份全新的评估
I want a new evaluation.
一个F 你都在干什么
And F. What, are you tripping?
我要你们都知道 柯恩博士和我都非常尽力了
I want you all to know that Dr. Cohn and I tried very hard.
但是最后还是决定 我不能继续教大家三年级
But it’s been decided we can’t continue with each other junior year.
-什么 -什么
-What? -What?
你…等等
You… Wait.
大家静一下
Wait. Guys. Everyone.
不 这不行 妈
No! That don’t fly, Ma!
听着 首先 这里我不是你们任何人的妈妈
Look, first of all, I’m not anyone’s mother in here,
知道吗
okay?
不 那不是指妈妈
No, it doesn’t mean mother.
是一种尊重你的暗语
It’s a sign of respect for you.
听我说
Listen to me.
所有人
All of you.
不要把我作为你们可以不努力的借口
Don’t use me as another excuse for why you can’t make it.
你们成功地升入了三年级
You made it to your junior year.
想想你们是怎么做到的
Think about how you did that.
这个教室里的每个人都有机会毕业
Everyone in this room has a chance to graduate.
对一些人来说 你可能是你家里唯一毕业的
For some, you’ll be the first in your family.
第一次有机会升入大学
The first with a choice to go to college.
一些人可能升得更快
Some may move faster than others.
但不管怎样 你们都有机会
But you’ll each have the chance.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!