Pretty.
美国人
American.
有意思
Interesting.
是个荡♥妇♥
Slut.
真的吗
Really?
她在《时尚》杂♥志♥工作过 现在住在美国
Used to work at Vogue, lives in America now.
只和有钱人来往
Only goes out with very glamorous people.
不是你能高攀得上的
Quite out of your league.
那我就放心了 谢谢
Well, that’s a relief, thanks.
再见
See you there.
去吧 去吧
Off you go, off you go!
好了 该参加婚宴了
Right, reception.
再见
Bye! Bye!
还有谁也踩到牛粪了吗
Anyone else tread in a cowpat?
没有吗 我想也是
No, I thought not.
一会儿见
See you in a mo.
如果他不是我哥哥 你觉得我还会这么讨厌他吗
Do you think I’d hate him as much if he wasn’t my brother?
要是身上都是牛粪味儿
Don’t want to blow my chances for romance
那我还怎么在婚宴上邂逅美女
by smelling of dung all the way through the reception.
在这种烦人的场合 我永远不知道该说些什么
Oh, God, I never know what to say in these wretched lineups.
很容易的 热情地拥抱对方就好
It’s a cinch, just give a big, warm hug
并说新娘看起来像是已经怀上了
and say the bride looks pregnant.
不如谨遵传统 跟对方说 你一定对此很骄傲吧
Or you could stick with tradition, and go for you must be very proud.
上帝保佑
Heaven preserve us.
你一定对此很骄傲吧
You must be very proud.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好
Hello.
-你好 -你好
– Hello. – Hello.
你好 我们在牧场那边碰过面
Hi, we’ve met at the ranch,
我叫理查德 理查德·梅普尔斯
it’s Richard, Richard Maples.
没错
Oh, yes.
混♥蛋♥
Bastard.
-你好 伯纳德 -你好 查克
– Hello, Bern. – Hello, Chuck.
两杯 谢谢
Two, please.
祝你玩得开心
You have fun, now.
小心点
Take care.
你好啊
Oh, hello.
你好
Hi.
要喝一杯吗
You want one of these?
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
你好 查尔斯
Hi, Charles.
亲爱的约翰 你好吗
Hello, dear John, how are you, how are you?
挺好
Good, good.
这位是…
This is, um–
-卡莉 -卡莉
– Carrie. – Carrie.
很高兴认识你 我是约翰
Delighted, I’m John.
你好 约翰
Hi, John.
约翰 你那位迷人的女朋友最近怎么样了
So John, how’s that gorgeous girlfriend of yours?
她不再是我的女朋友了
She’s no longer my girlfriend.
好吧 不过你也别太伤心
Dear, still I wouldn’t get too gloomy about it,
有传闻说她一直和老托比·德莱尔有染
rumor had it she never stopped bonking old Toby de Lisle,
我就说一声 免得你还没发现
just in case you didn’t work out.
她现在是我的妻子了
She is now my wife.
那太棒了 恭喜你
Excellent, excellent, congratulations.
抱歉失陪
Excuse me.
你们有孩子了吗 约翰
Any kids or anything, John?
有没有生小宝宝
Do we hear the patter of tiny feet?
没有
No.
这事也不着急 对吧
Well, there’s plenty of time for that, isn’t there?
不着急
No, no hurry.
嗨 你好吗
Hi, how are you?
我叫菲奥娜
My name’s Fiona.
我是杰拉德
I’m Gerald.
你是做什么的
What do you do?
我是牧师学徒
I’m training to be a priest.
天啊
Good lord!
你会主持婚礼吗
Do you do weddings?
现在还不行 不过以后肯定会
No, no, not yet, I will, though, of course.
对此我非常紧张
Jolly nerve-racking.
是啊 就跟初夜一样
Yes, rather like the first time one has sex.
我猜差不多吧
Well, well, I suppose so.
不过主持婚礼应该不会那么混乱
Though rather less messy, of course.
也不会用到那么多安全套
And far less call for condoms.
你还好吗
还记得那次你发动了爸爸的船
然后我的腿被螺旋桨削碎的事吗
这次比那次还糟糕
那边穿着灰色西装的男士是谁
Who’s that boy over there in the gray?
他叫大卫
His name’s David.
相当秀色可餐 对吧
Something of a dish, isn’t he?
我也一直这么觉得
Well, I’ve always thought so.
为什么他们在打手势
Why are they?
可餐但不可闻 他听不见
Oh, the dish can’t hear.
天啊
Gosh.
他的世界没有声音 却有致命的吸引力
Yeah, silent, but deadly attractive.
用力敲 这就对了
Bang, bang, bang, that’s right.
女士们先生们 请进入遮篷
Into the marquee, please, ladies and gentlemen.
晚餐已经准备好了
Dinner is served.
你好吗
How do you do?
你好 我是汤姆 很高兴能认识你
Hello, Tom, splendid to meet you, very exciting.
你好啊
Hi.
我叫斯嘉丽
My name’s Scarlett.
别让我喝太多 不然我会开始四处调情的
Don’t let me drink too much, ’cause I’ll get really flirty.
你好 我叫查尔斯
How do you do, my name is Charles.
别开玩笑了 查尔斯20年前就死了
Don’t be ridiculous, Charles died 20 years ago.
你说的应该是另外一个查尔斯吧
Must be a different Charles, I think.
你是说我连自己的亲兄弟都认不出了吗
Are you telling me I don’t know my own brother?
不 不是
No, no.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
很抱歉打扰你们品尝美味的甜品了
I’m sorry to drag you from your delicious desserts.
但我作为伴郎 还是应该说几句
There are just one or two little things I feel I should say as best man.
这只是我第二次当伴郎
This is only the second time I’ve ever been a best man.
我希望我上一次做得不错
I hope I did the job all right that time.
那对夫妻至少还愿意和我往来
The couple in question are at least still talking to me.
但很不幸 他们彼此之间老死不相往来了
Unfortunately, they’re not actually talking to each other.
就在几个月前 他们离婚了
The divorce came through a couple of months ago.
但我能确定 这和我肯定没关系
But I’m assured it had absolutely nothing to do with me.
很明显 在我发表致辞 提到那件事之前
Apparently, Paula knew that Pierce had slept
宝拉就已经知道皮尔斯和她妹妹睡过了
with her younger sister before I mentioned it in the speech.
但真正的爆♥炸♥性新闻是他和她妈妈也睡过了
The fact that he slept with her mother came as a surprise
但我觉得这都是小事 反而是两人间的相互指责
but I think was incidental to the nightmare of recrimination
以及拳脚相向 终结了这段短命婚姻
and violence that became their two-day marriage.
总之 先不谈那些了
Anyway, enough of that.
我今天的任务是谈谈安格斯
My job today is to talk about Angus.
他倒是没什么见不得人的秘密
And there are no skeletons in his cupboard
但谁知道呢
or so I thought.
这事一会儿再说
I’ll come onto that in a minute.
我只是想说
I would just like to say this,
我 一如既往地感到非常惊讶
I am, as ever, in bewildered awe of anyone
因为安格斯和劳拉在今天对彼此做出了那样的承诺
who makes this kind of commitment that Angus and Laura have made today.
我知道我自己做不到
I know I couldn’t do it,
所以我认为他们能做到 是很了不起的
and I think it’s wonderful they can.
话说回来 我们来聊聊安格斯和羊的事
So anyway, back to Angus and those sheep.
所以 女士们先生们 请举杯
So, ladies and gentlemen, if you’d raise your glasses,
敬这对璧人
the adorable couple.
敬这对璧人
Yes, the adorable couple!
来一个 安格斯
Get one for me, Angus!
♪我记得那时 摇滚仍新兴♪
♪I remember when rock was young♪
♪我和苏茜共度了许多欢乐时光♪
♪Me and Suzie had so much fun♪
♪手牵手 打水漂♪
♪Holding hands and skipping stones♪
♪我有辆老雪佛兰 还有个自己的小窝♪
♪Had an old gold Chevy and a place of my own♪
♪但是我最自豪的成就♪
♪But the biggest kick I ever got♪
♪是做出了鳄鱼摇滚♪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!