I don’t want you to see him.
为什么
Why?
我听说他总是惹麻烦
I’ve heard he’s a troublemaker.
他没有在这个小镇生活20年
Just ’cause he hasn’t lived in this town for 20 years…
并不意味着他是个专门惹麻烦的
doesn’t make him a troublemaker!
我不知道该拿你怎么办
I don’t know what I’m gonna do with you.
这与我无关 爸爸
There ain’t nothing to do with me, Daddy.
不管你喜不喜欢 就这样了
You like it or not, this is it.
不会变好了
It doesn’t get much better.
发生了什么事 为什么你被队伍开除了
What the hell happened? Why’d you get kicked off the team?
因为有人对我怀恨在心
Because somebody’s got it in for me.
教练不知怎地发现我昨晚送阿丽尔回家晚了
Somehow Coach found out I brought Ariel home late last night,
所以觉得我是个麻烦制♥造♥者
so I’m a troublemaker, right?
但那不是我离开队伍的原因 不是
That’s not why I’m off the team. No, no.
我离开是因为他们没有钱再请一位运动员
I’m off ’cause they don’t have funds for one more gymnast,
但还是谢谢你了
but thank you anyway.
我竭尽全力想融入这里
I’m busting my balls trying to fit in here
但每一扇大门都对我关闭了
and every door slams in my face.
嘿 麦克考马科 很遗憾听到你被抓住了
Hey, McCormack! Sorry to hear you got caught.
别和牧师的女儿鬼混
Don’t fool around with the preacher’s daughter!
大家都是怎么在这里生活的
How does anybody live in this town?
你知道为什么吗 你态度有问题
You know what it is, partner? You got an attitude problem.
-我态度有问题吗 -是的
– I got an attitude problem? – Yes.
不是只有我一个人注意到这点 兄弟
I’m not the only one who’s noticed it, man.
我们又不是活在黑暗的中世纪
We’re not living in the goddamn Middle Ages here.
我们有电视 我们可以看《家庭问答》节目
We got TV, we got Family Feud.
我们又不是只能看《天才小麻烦》
We’re not stuck in Leave It to Beaver land here.
我反正还没在这见过湿身大赛
Well, I haven’t noticed a wet T-shirt contest in town yet.
我也没见过 但我在等 耐心地等
I haven’t either, but I’m waiting patiently.
告诉你我想干什么吧 兄弟
I tell you what I’d like to do, man.
我想将《花♥花♥公♥子♥》的内页写♥真♥
I’d like glue a Playboy centerfold
贴到摩尔牧师的每一本圣歌♥集上
inside every one of Reverend Moore’s hymnals.
好吧 你知道我们还能干什么吗
Yeah, you know what else we could do?
我们可以在教堂里开一家夜店
We could start one of your nightclubs right in the church.
就这么做 就这么做 兄弟
That’s it. That’s it, man.
什么
What’s it?
舞会
A dance.
-什么 -舞会
– What? – A dance!
我们可以开一场舞会 舞会 知道吗
We could have a dance! You know, a dance?
舞会 懂我的意思吧 开舞会
You know dance? You know what I mean! Dance!
-舞会 -你要惹我生气了
– Dance! – You’re gonna get me angry!
我们要把这个小镇搞得鸡犬不宁
Gonna turn this town upside down!
别闹了
Stop it!
去年 我在丹佛…
I was down in Denver last year…
待了一周 参加了基♥督♥徒教育大会
for about a week at a Bible convention.
在那边的时候 总是有人来找我
And the whole time I was there, people would come up to me
问我 “牧师 你是如何安于住在一个
and ask me, “Reverend, how can you live in such a small town…
远离20世纪灯红酒绿的一个小镇上呢”
so far away from the hustle and bustle of the 20th century?”
我告诉他们 “你绝对不会问我这个问题…
I’d say to them, “You’d never ask me that…
如果你曾经 哪怕只有一分钟…
if you could just once, just for one minute…
体验过这种 每个人都紧紧地相连
experience the feeling of family that comes from knowing…
从而产生的家庭氛围中
that all of our lives are tied up with each others.
我们同甘
That we feel all the same joys…
我们共苦
the same sorrows,
我们关心彼此”
and that we care.”
“我们每个人都很关心彼此”
“Each and every one of us cares for the other.”
我告诉他们
I told them…
“在这里 我感觉离主更近了”
“I just feel closer to my Lord out there.”
和我的教众在一起 我感觉更亲近 更安全
And I feel closer… and safer with my people…
我觉得他们也会对我感到更亲近
and I think they feel closer to me.
主看到这种景象 会很欣慰
The Lord smiles on us out there.
这就是我要留在这的原因”
And that’s why I’m staying.”
大家开始吃蛋糕吧
Why don’t you have some cake?
罗杰 镇议会是不可能满足
Roger, the town council has no intention of bowing
一群学生的心愿的
to wishes of a small group of students.
埃莉诺和我非常确定
Eleanor and I are absolutely certain
那小子在组织一场舞会
we know for a fact that this boy is organizing a dance.
舞会是一定不会开的
We’re not gonna have any dance.
如果任由某个混小子胡闹
We let some punk push us around now
过不了多久 我们所有的规定就都形同虚设
it won’t be long before every standard in the community is violated.
-天啊 他们好担心这事 -阿丽尔 上车
– Boy, they are in a tizzy! – Ariel, get in the car!
整个议会都在讨论这事
Got the whole council going!
那我一定要去这场会议听听看
There’s a town meeting I ain’t gonna miss.
-伦 你要带我们去哪儿 -越过州界
– Ren, where are you taking us? – Going over the state line.
我让你们见识一下你们都错过了些什么
I want you guys to see what you’ve all been missing.
你会管住威拉德不让他打架的吧
I know you’re not gonna let Willard fight, right?
-我不打架 -真会说 我还不呼吸呢
– I don’t fight. – Right, and I don’t breathe.
-兄弟 你要跳舞吗 -还是喝酒比较适合我
– Are you gonna dance, man? – I drink better than I dance.
-跳吧 -上吧
– Come on! – Come on!
我看着你们跳 给我看看有没有新的舞步
I’ll watch you guys, see if you can show me something new.
我们大老远来这 不是为了坐着看的 兄弟
We didn’t come all this way just to sit it out, man.
我会上场的 我会上场的
I’ll be out there. I’ll be out there.
别担心 我去拿杯啤酒
Don’t worry about it. I’m just gonna grab a beer.
拜托 兄弟 别犯浑
Come on man, don’t be an asshole!
她们等着跟我们跳舞呢
They’re waiting to dance with us.
我不会跳舞
I can’t dance.
你什么
You what?
我不会跳舞
I can’t dance.
一点也不会
At all.
好吧 好吧
All right. All right.
给他买♥♥杯啤酒
Buy him a beer.
拉斯蒂 帮我拿一下外套
Rusty, take my jacket.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
我的脚从今早开始就很疼
My feet have been hurting all since this morning.
拜托 在车上还不疼呢
Come on, they weren’t hurting in the car.
-我今天就不跳舞了 -我想跳舞
– I’m gonna sit this one out here. – I want to dance!
-我要喝啤酒 -我想…
– I wanna get a beer. – I want…
服务员 再给我来一杯啤酒
Waitress, let me have another beer.
我忍♥不住了
I can’t help myself!
老兄 我和这个女孩一起来的
Hey, I came with that girl.
但看起来她不会跟你走了
Doesn’t look like you’re leaving with her.
嘿 看来你没听清我刚刚说的话
Hey, I guess you didn’t hear me the first time.
威拉德 不准打架 你都不认识他
Willard, no fights. You don’t even know this guy.
你赶紧滚吧
Why don’t you flake off?
不准打架
No fights.
你都很久没见过你的鸡♥巴♥了吧
When was the last time you seen your dick, partner?
拉斯蒂 他是为了你的名誉而战
You know, Rusty, he was fighting to save your honor.
-为时已晚 -我可不打架
– It’s too late. – I don’t fight.
伦 你的舞会也会跟这种差不多吗
Ren, is your dance gonna be like this one?
除了打架 其他都一样
Everything but the fight.
别说了
Forget it.
拜托
Come on!
改编自Joe Cuba的歌♥曲《Oh Yeah》
♪在房♥顶上 哦耶♪
♪Up on the roof, oh, yeah.♪
♪百种证据 哦耶♪
♪One hundred proof, oh, yeah.♪
♪那多好啊 哦耶♪
♪Ain’t that fine, oh, yeah.♪
♪甜甜的樱桃酱 哦耶♪
♪You cherry slime, oh, yeah.♪
怎么了
Oh, what?
哦耶
Oh, yeah.
我讨厌这座桥 让我害怕
I hate this bridge. Gives me the creeps.
为什么
How come?
你肯定也听说过吧
You’ve heard this one.
臭名昭著的克罗斯比大桥事故
The infamous Crosby Bridge accident.
-你肯定听说过 -没有
– You’ve heard it. – No.
那你真是孤陋寡闻了 大概五年前
You’re missing out! About five years ago…
几个孩子喝醉了 在玩高速公路版捉迷藏
these kids were playing highway tag and they were drunk.
一辆车撞到了另一辆
One car hits the other one,
他们都掉下桥了
and they both go over the edge of the bridge.
死了
Dead.
自从这件事以后 他们就开始立法禁酒…
That’s when they started passing laws against booze…
禁止跳舞和喝酒
against dancing and drinking.