因为人们听到这种音乐就会通奸
Because people fornicate to it.
我从没这么说过
I never said that.
你对教会理事会就是这么说的
That’s what you told the church board.
那种话不是你这种年纪该听的
That was not meant for your ears!
那我几时才到可以听这种话的年纪 爸爸
When do my ears get old enough, Daddy?
你什么时候才会停止保护我
When do you stop protecting me?
我又不是圣人
I’m no saint, you know!
我有责任守护你的心灵成长
It is my duty to look after the spiritual growth of you…
我甚至已经不是处♥女♥了
I’m not even a virgin.
-你不准在这里说这种话 -为什么不能
– Don’t you talk like that in here! – Why not?
这不就是我该向牧师忏悔罪过的地方吗
Isn’t this where I’m supposed to confess my sins to my preacher?
在教堂
In church!
我祈求上帝宽恕我 我获得宽恕了吗
I ask to be forgiven. Am I?
宽恕我 搭救我
Oh, forgive me, deliver me!
别在这里胡闹 你该知道分寸
Don’t do that in here. You know better where to draw the line!
谢天谢地你在这里 很多人打来
Thank heavens you’re here. People are calling.
他们都在图书馆那边
They’re over at the library.
罗杰 埃莉诺 你们在干什么
Roger! Eleanor! What are you doing?
我们决定这些书籍…
We decided these books…
“我们”是指谁 谁给你们权力这么做的
Who’s we? Whose authority are you acting on?
各位请等一等 听我说
Hold it everybody! Listen to me!
你们几时决定自己有权作出判决的
When did you all decide to sit in judgment?
是谁选出你们当救世主
Who elected you to be the saviors
拯救波蒙特所有人的灵魂
of everybody’s souls in Bomont?
牧师 我们完全有权利
Reverend, we have a perfect right
-决定我们的后代… -罗杰
– to determine what our children… – Roger.
你们把这些书全烧完后 下一步打算做什么
When you’ve burned all of these, what are you gonna do then?
克里斯 把这几本书拿走
Chris, take these out of here.
魔鬼不在这些书里
Satan is not in these books.
他在这里
He’s in here!
他在你们内心深处
He’s in your hearts.
你们都回家吧
Go on home, all of you.
回家 审判自己
Go and sit in judgment on yourselves.
罗杰 回家吧
And, Roger, go home.
埃莉诺 回去
Eleanor, come on.
你们都回家吧
Go home now, both of you.
有时事情就是说不通
Sometimes things don’t make any sense.
如果你能给我解释我父亲的行为
If you could explain to me my father
也许我就能给你解释你儿子的事
maybe I could explain to you about your son.
但这根本说不通
But it doesn’t make any sense.
好了 我得走了
Look, I gotta go.
听着 我知道你会做你必须做的事 但是
Listen, I know you’re gonna do what you gotta do… but
谢谢你愿意听我说
thanks for listening.
伦
Ren.
谢谢你帮忙…
Thank you for…
总之 谢谢你
Well, thank you.
刚才是你的朋友伦
That was your friend Ren.
他来问我 他能否邀你参加毕业舞会
He came here to ask me if he could take you to a senior prom.
我给不出答案了 阿丽尔
I’m running out of answers, Ariel.
我知道这对你来说有多难
I know how hard it is for you.
我也知道我让你很不好过
I know I’m not making it easier.
我只是不知道 我是否信奉你所信奉的一切
I just don’t know that I believe in everything you believe in…
但我信奉你
but I believe in you.
今天我站在台上 面对各位
I’m standing up here before you today…
我内心困惑不安
with a very troubled heart.
诸位朋友
You see, my friends…
我一向坚持…
I’ve always insisted on…
要对你们的生活负责
taking responsibility for your lives.
但其实
But, I’m really…
我就像一名新手父亲
like a first-time parent…
会犯错误
who makes mistakes…
也会努力吸取教训
and tries to learn from them.
就像那样的一位父亲
And like that parent…
我现在面临着必须做出抉择的那一刻
I find myself at that moment when I have to decide.
我该继续保护你们
Do I hold on…
还是该相信你们能照顾好自己
or do I trust you to yourselves?
放手
Let go
并希望你们至少已经学会了
and hope that you’ve understood… at least
我的某些教导
some of my lessons.
如果我们不开始信任自己的孩子
If we don’t start trusting our children…
他们又如何成长为值得信赖的人呢
how will they ever become trustworthy?
我听说高中毕业班的学生
I’m told that the senior class at the high school…
已经取得贝森那个仓库的使用权
has got use of the warehouse in Bayson…
用来举办毕业舞会
for the purpose of putting on a senior dance.
请各位
Please…
和我一起祈求主
join me to pray to the Lord…
指引他们的努力能有好结果
to guide them in their endeavors.
亮灯
Lights!
-你看起来真美 -哪有
– You look very nice. – Oh, no.
-是真的 你打扮得很美 -没有啦
– Yes, you do. Yes, you look very nice. – No.
真的 你看上去漂亮极了
Yes, you do. You look wonderful.
-真的吗 -真的
– You think? – Yeah.
你去参加舞会怎么能少了花饰
You can’t very well go to a prom without a corsage.
妈妈
Oh, Mom.
这太美了
This is gorgeous!
-你觉得我应该戴在哪儿 -应该戴手腕上 我来
– Where do you think I should… – Here’s a wrist thing. Here.
妈妈 你不必这么费心的
Oh, Mom, you really didn’t have to.
不是我准备的
I didn’t.
别去问他 因为他不会承认的
Don’t go on to him about it because he’ll only deny it.
我正打算进去…
I was gonna come up and get…
我…
I was…
正打算进去接你
gonna come up and get you.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
你好美
You’re beautiful.
什么
What?
我是真心的
I mean it.
你太美了
You are beautiful.
走吧
Come on.
谢谢
Thank you.
歌♥曲: Almost Paradise
歌♥手: Mike Reno
♪我曾以为美梦都是属于别人的♪
♪I thought that dreams belonged to other men♪
♪因为每次当我的美梦快要成真时♪
♪’Cuz each time I got close♪
♪就会破碎♪
♪They’d fall apart again♪
♪我曾担心我的心跳无人知晓♪
♪I feared my heart would beat in secrecy♪
♪我独自面对漫漫黑夜♪
♪I faced the nights alone♪
♪彼时的我又怎知♪
♪Oh, how could I have known♪
♪我这一辈子只需要你一人足矣♪
♪That all my life I only needed you♪
♪几乎是天堂♪
♪Almost Paradise♪
♪我们在敲响天堂的门♪
♪We’re knocking on heaven’s door♪
♪几乎是天堂♪
♪Almost Paradise♪
♪我们还怎能奢求更多♪
♪How could we ask for more?♪
♪我发誓我可以在你的眼中看到永恒♪
♪I swear that I can see forever in your eyes♪
♪天堂♪
♪Paradise♪
♪似乎真爱很难寻觅♪
♪It seems like perfect love’s so hard to find♪
我们走近一点看吧
Let’s take a closer look.
不了 她会以为我又查她岗
No. She’ll think I’m checking up.
不会的 她根本不会发现我们的 来嘛
No. She won’t even know we’re here. Come on.
你们是我今晚最没料到会在这里见到的人
You’re the last folks I expected to see around here tonight.
-晚上好 安迪 -你好 安迪
– Good evening, Andy. – Hi, Andy.
小维 牧师 你们做了一件好事
Vi, Reverend, you done a good thing here.
我仍然不确定这决定是否正确
I’m still not sure it was the right thing.
很接近了
Comes close.
肖
Shaw?
肖
Shaw?
肖
Shaw?
怎么了
What is it?
又只有我们两人了
It’s just the two of us again.
-肖 -怎么了
– Shaw? – What?
我们几乎是在跳舞了
We’re almost dancing.
-你好 拉斯蒂 -你好
– Hi, Rusty. – Hi.