Dr. Graham?
他的棒球生涯一直没多大发展 所以又回学校念书
His baseball career never amounted to much.
He went back to school.
他父亲是个医生 我们怎么才能找到他
His father was a doctor.
Do you know where we can find him?
放心,我们不是税务局的人
It’s nothing bad. We’re not from the IRS.
葛汉医生已经死了
Doc Graham is dead.
他死于1972年
He died in 1972.
“曾经有段时间人们无法负担”
“And there were times when children could not afford
“孩子们的眼镜、牛奶或衣服”
“eyeglasses or milk or clothing.
“然而他们却从不缺乏这些”
“Yet, no child was ever denied these essentials
“全是因为葛汉医生的原故”
“because, in the background, there was always Dr. Graham.
“他不为虚名”
“Without any fanfare or publicity,
“只是默默的把眼镜、牛奶 或是球赛的票”
“the glasses or the milk or the ticket to the ballgame
“悄悄的放到孩子们的衣袋里”
“found their way into the child’s pocket.”
You wrote that.
是你写的
The day he died.
就在他死的那一天 我能看吗?
Can I see that?
你是个好作家
You’re a good writer.
你也一样
So are you.
到底缺了什么?
Something’s missing.
听起来他是个大好人
Well, he sounds like he was a wonderful man.
在北部有一堆葛汉医生
Half the towns in North America have a Doc Graham.
为什么在死后十六年
What makes this one so special we travel across the country to find him
居然让我们 横越半个大♥陆♥来找他
16 years after he died?
他到底有什么特殊?
居然让我们 横越半个大♥陆♥来找他
16 years after he died?
他到底有什么特殊?
一定有别的原因
There’s got to be more.
还有什么?
What else?
他永远都穿着大衣
He always wore an overcoat,
一头白发,手里拿着雨伞
he had white hair,
and he always carried an umbrella.
为什么要拿雨伞? 我想是一种习惯
What was the umbrella for?
It got to be a habit, something to hang on to.
让手上握着点东西
He said he used it to beat away his lady admirers.
如果问他,他会说 是为了赶走那些女性♥爱♥慕者
让手上握着点东西
He said he used it to beat away his lady admirers.
如果问他,他会说 是为了赶走那些女性♥爱♥慕者
那他的太太呢?
Tell me about his wife.
如果问他,他会说 是为了赶走那些女性♥爱♥慕者
那他的太太呢?
Tell me about his wife.
爱丽莎
Alicia.
在葛汉医生过逝后
She moved to South Carolina after Doc passed.
她搬到南卡罗来纳州
在葛汉医生过逝后
She moved to South Carolina after Doc passed.
她搬到南卡罗来纳州
几年后也去逝了
She passed a couple years later.
她搬到南卡罗来纳州
几年后也去逝了
She passed a couple years later.
她喜欢戴蓝帽子
She always wore blue.
城里的店主们
The shopkeepers in town would stock blue hats
会买♥♥许多蓝帽子
because they knew if Doc walked by, he’d buy one.
因为他们知道如果医生看到了
会买♥♥许多蓝帽子
because they knew if Doc walked by, he’d buy one.
会买♥♥许多蓝帽子
because they knew if Doc walked by, he’d buy one.
一定会买♥♥
会买♥♥许多蓝帽子
because they knew if Doc walked by, he’d buy one.
一定会买♥♥
当他们打扫他诊所时
When they cleaned out his office,
找到一堆全新的蓝帽子
they found boxes of blue hats
还没来得及送给她前就死了
that he never got around to give her.
这事你一定不知道
I’ll bet you didn’t know that.
是不知道
No, I didn’t.
他不滥交、不酗酒
No screwing, no drinking, no opium, no midnight abortions,
不抽大♥麻♥、不替人堕胎
他不滥交、不酗酒
No screwing, no drinking, no opium, no midnight abortions,
不抽大♥麻♥、不替人堕胎
没有私生子
no illegitimate children,
不抽大♥麻♥、不替人堕胎
没有私生子
no illegitimate children,
也没有财务危机
no shady finances.
你好像很失望
You sound disappointed.
赤脚乔他有问题 所以才需要你
Shoeless Joe had a problem. That’s why he needed you.
可是他根本不需要我们
This guy doesn’t need us.
泰伦斯
Terence.
你知道你失踪了吗?
Do you know you’re missing?
啊!我的天
Oh, God.
“他那住在巴尔的摩的父亲”
“His father, who lives in Baltimore,
“在打了数通无人接的电♥话♥后 已向警方报案”
“notified police after receiving no answer to repeated telephone calls.”
糟糕,我最好打电♥话♥给他
Shoot.
I better call him.
要不要我…
You want me to…
谢谢你
Thanks.
我出去散步,等会儿回来
I’m taking a walk. Be back in a while.
我该怎么对他说?
What do I tell him?
“艾咪咖啡店”
“四年后重选总统”
“教父,今年排行前十名”
“今年”
“This year’s”?
葛汉医生?
Dr. Graham?
葛汉医生?
Dr. Graham?
我是从爱荷华来的瑞康斯拉
My name’s Ray Kinsella. I’m from Iowa.
你是月光葛汉吗?
Are you “Moonlight” Graham?
已经五十年没人这么叫我了
No one’s called me “Moonlight” Graham in 50 years.
我是从很远的地方来看你
Well, I’ve come a very long way to see you.
通常我睡得像小孩一样 可是今晚却睡不着
I couldn’t sleep tonight. Usually I sleep like a baby.
所以告诉爱丽莎我要出来散步
I told Alicia I was taking a walk.
我能和你一起散步吗? 我很想和你聊聊
Do you mind if I join you?
I’d like to talk to you.
那一起到我诊所去
Let’s walk over to my office.
你想和我聊什么?
What do you want to talk to me about?
当你参加巨人队时 只打了一局
When you got to the majors, you played only one inning of one game.
怎么会那样?
What happened that inning?
那是季赛的最后一天
It was the last day of the season,
第八局的后半局 我们远远超过对方
bottom of the eighth, we were way ahead.
我参加巨人队大约三个礼拜 但没什么刺♥激♥的比赛
In three weeks, I hadn’t seen any action.
突然约翰麦格罗指着我的方向
Suddenly old John McGraw points a bony finger in my direction
说“右野”
and he says, “Right field.”
我像从弹簧上弹起来一样
I jumped up like I was sitting on a spring,
抓起手套立刻跑向右野
grabbed my glove, and ran out on the field.
你有任何表现吗?
Did you get to make a play?
可惜球一直没打到外野来
They never hit the ball out of the infield.
比赛结束,季赛也完了
The game ended. The season was over.
我知道他们不会要我
I knew they’d send me back down.
而我不愿意再花一年的时间 做乙等球队的队员
I couldn’t bear the thought of another year in the minors.
所以决定放弃棒球
So I decided to hang them up.
请坐
Go on. Sit down.
谢谢你
Thank you.
那你有什么感觉?
So what was that like?
就差这么一点,梦想就能实现
It was like coming this close to your dreams,
但它却像陌生人般的 和你擦身而过
then watch them brush past you, like a stranger in a crowd.
当初并没有这种感觉
Then, you don’t think about it.
我们往往不能认清 一生中的关键时刻
We just don’t recognize life’s most significant moments
while they’re happening.
那时我常说“以后还有机会”
Back then I thought, “Well, there’ll be other days.”
却没料到那是唯一的机会
I didn’t realize that that was the only day.
And now, I want to ask you a question.
瑞,我现在想问你个问题
And now, I want to ask you a question.
瑞,我现在想问你个问题
是什么动机让你在五十年后
What’s so interesting about half an inning that you’d come from Iowa
瑞,我现在想问你个问题
是什么动机让你在五十年后
What’s so interesting about half an inning that you’d come from Iowa
大老远的从爱荷华到这里来
to talk to me about it 50 years after it happened?
和我谈那半局的比赛呢?
大老远的从爱荷华到这里来
to talk to me about it 50 years after it happened?
和我谈那半局的比赛呢?
老实说,到现在我才知道原因 我想该这么问你
I didn’t really know till just now,
but I think it’s to ask you if you could do anything you wanted,
如果你能做任何你想做的事
but I think it’s to ask you if you could do anything you wanted,
如果你能做任何你想做的事
如果你能让梦想成真
if you could have a wish…
如果你能做任何你想做的事
如果你能让梦想成真
if you could have a wish…
而你就是 能使我梦想成真的人?
And you’re the kind of a man who could grant me that wish?
只是问问,我不能确定
I don’t know. I’m just asking.
你是知道的…
Well, you know,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!