好的左外野手就能从…
He can tell from the bat’s angle which way the ball’s heading.
球棒和球接触的角度 而测知球的方向
耶!
又在耍酷了 甘德,你少在嘴上逞能
Show off!
耶!
又在耍酷了 甘德,你少在嘴上逞能
Show off!
Stick it in your ear, Gandil.
对,在和底特律比赛的时候 你若能跑得那么快
If you’d have run like that against Detroit, I’d have won 20 games!
那一年我们至少能赢二十场
对,在和底特律比赛的时候 你若能跑得那么快
If you’d have run like that against Detroit, I’d have won 20 games!
那一年我们至少能赢二十场
天呀,那是六十♥八♥年♥前的老帐 拜托别提了
For Pete’s sakes, Cicotte, that was 68 years ago.
那一年我们至少能赢二十场
天呀,那是六十♥八♥年♥前的老帐 拜托别提了
For Pete’s sakes, Cicotte, that was 68 years ago.
Give it up!
Hey! You guys want to play ball or what?
喂,你们到底要不要玩球
Hey! You guys want to play ball or what?
喂,你们到底要不要玩球
肌肉僵硬的混球
Muscle-bound jerk.
喂,你们到底要不要玩球
肌肉僵硬的混球
Muscle-bound jerk.
哼,至少我还有肌肉
At least I got muscles.
不,你是四肢发达
At most you got muscles.
你又在放屁,快投球
Come on, asshole! Pitch!
别说脏话呀
Weaver, be nice.
对不起
Sorry, kid!
没关系,我不介意
It’s okay. I don’t mind.
All right, Karin.
Hey, hey, hey!
Ray? Honey, Mom and everybody’s leaving now.
老公,妈妈他们要走了
Ray? Honey, Mom and everybody’s leaving now.
老公,妈妈他们要走了
Okay.
老公,妈妈他们要走了
Okay.
你们能来是…谢谢你们来
Well, it was… You know.
Thanks for coming.
瑞,考虑一下我的话 我只想帮忙而已
Ray, think about what I said. I’m just trying to help.
我知道
I know.
你们不是要看球赛吗?
Thought you two were watching some game.
恐怕他们只能练球了
It’s not really a game. It’s more like practice.
你看他们只有八个人 所以不能比赛
There’s only eight of them. They can’t play a real game.
八个什么?
Eight of what?
他们呀
Them.
谁呀? 就是他们嘛
Who them? Them them.
难道你看不到他们? 凯伦,你在看什么?
You don’t see them?
Karin, honey, what are you watching?
打棒球的人呀
The baseball men.
Baseball men?
你看得到打棒球的人?
Do you see the baseball men right now?
当然看得到
Of course I do.
你真的看不到他们?
What, you really don’t see them?
这种愚弄人的态度很不礼貌
It’s not very polite to try to make other people feel stupid.
妈,等等,等一下嘛!
Mom, wait a minute. Mom! Wait a minute.
狄,你真看不到那些人?
Dee. Dee, wait. You don’t see these people?
安妮,一点也不好玩
It’s not funny, Annie.
他们居然看不到他们
They couldn’t see it.
这实在很有趣
This is really interesting.
嘿,瑞,你看看
Hey, Ray, look at this.
我穿这件制♥服♥已经六十♥八♥年♥了 仍旧这么合身
Sixty-eight years since I wore this uniform, still fits me like a glove.
那你一定时常锻炼身体
You must keep in pretty good shape.
我在1970年代死的
Now let’s see, I died in ’70.
这表示我有十♥八♥年♥没碰过香烟
That means I haven’t had a cigarette in 18 years.
你不抽烟吧 不抽
You don’t smoke, do you?
No.
凯伦、瑞…
Karin! Ray! Dinner!
晚餐好了!
“Ray, dinner.” “Dinner, Ray.”
瑞,吃晚餐了 吃饭了,瑞
晚餐好了!
“Ray, dinner.” “Dinner, Ray.”
瑞,吃晚餐了 吃饭了,瑞
All right, all right.
瑞,吃晚餐了 吃饭了,瑞
All right, all right.
好啦,别闹了
Come on. Let’s hit the showers.
走吧,我们去洗澡 等会见
See you later.
再见
See you, guys.
我快融化了
I’m melting! I’m melting!
Come on, you knucklehead.
哇,真酷!
That is so cool.
抚平他的伤痛
Ease his pain.
什么?
What?
对不起,我没听懂
I’m sorry. What? I didn’t understand. What?
抚平他的伤痛
Ease his pain.
抚平他的伤痛? 天呀,这又是什么意思?
Ease his pain. What…
What the hell does that mean, ease his pain?
什么伤痛?是谁的伤痛?
What pain? All right. Whose pain?
多谢你啦
Thanks a lot.
Thanks a lot.
快去洗个澡 晚饭后得去参加家长会
Come on, honey, wash up. We got the PTA meeting after dinner.
他们又想禁书了
Talking about banning books again, really subversive books,
就是禁所谓有破坏性的书 像绿野仙踪、安妮的日记之类
like The Wizard of Oz, Diary of Anne Frank.
你怎么搞的? 声音又来了
What happened to you?
The voice is back.
这次总不会要你盖个足球场吧
You don’t have to build a football field, do you?
他说“抚平他的伤痛”
He said, “Ease his pain.”
谁的伤痛? 我问了,他不肯说
Ease whose pain?
I asked him. He wouldn’t say.
是赤脚乔的? 我想不是
Shoeless Joe’s?
I don’t think so.
其他球员的? 也不是
One of the other players?
I don’t think so.
你听到的那个声音 太莫测高深啦
This is a very nonspecific voice out there, and he’s starting to piss me off.
真快把我搞火了
你听到的那个声音 太莫测高深啦
This is a very nonspecific voice out there, and he’s starting to piss me off.
真快把我搞火了
今天本来很愉快的
I was having a fun day today, a good day.
要吃炸薯条吗?
Want a fry?
我认为这么淫秽的书
And I say, smut and filth like this has
绝不能出现在学校里
no place in our schools.
这个法♥西♥斯♥党徒 我真想去抚平她的伤痛
Fascist. I’d like to ease her pain.
Mrs. Kessinik, Mrs. Kessinik.
戚太太,你手里所挥的书 一点也不淫秽
That book you’re waving about is hardly smut.
实际上,许多评论家…
It’s considered by many critics to be the classic novel about the 1960s.
视它为六零年代的经典小说
It’s pornography!
它是色情书刊 不,最高法♥院♥说…
No, no. The Supreme Court says it’s not.
不是
And it’s author, Mr. Mann… Is sick!
而且作者泰伦斯孟…
不是
And it’s author, Mr. Mann… Is sick!
而且作者泰伦斯孟…
他有病!
Terence Mann is a Pulitzer Prize winner.
泰伦斯孟是普力兹奖的得主
He’s widely regarded as the finest satirist of his time.
而且大家视他为 他那年代里最好的讽刺作家
泰伦斯孟是普力兹奖的得主
He’s widely regarded as the finest satirist of his time.
而且大家视他为 他那年代里最好的讽刺作家
可是我觉得他很邪恶 恐怕是共♥产♥党徒
He’s a pervert!
而且大家视他为 他那年代里最好的讽刺作家
可是我觉得他很邪恶 恐怕是共♥产♥党徒
He’s a pervert!
Probably a Communist, too!
他们是来自哪个星球哟?
What planet are these people from?
哈先生,泰伦斯孟的那些小说
Mr. Harris, the so-called novels of Terence Mann
充满了乱♥交♥、无神论
endorse promiscuity, godlessness,
种族混杂
the mongrelization of the races,
而且轻蔑美国♥军♥队中的…
and disrespect to high-ranking officers of the United States Army.
“抚平他的伤痛” 高级军官
而且轻蔑美国♥军♥队中的…
and disrespect to high-ranking officers of the United States Army.
“抚平他的伤痛” 高级军官
所以全美国从1969年以来
And that’s why right-thinking school boards all across the country
“抚平他的伤痛” 高级军官
所以全美国从1969年以来
And that’s why right-thinking school boards all across the country
只要是思想健全的学校 早把他的书…
having been banning this man’s S-H-I-T
给禁了!
since 1969.
泰伦斯孟?
Terence Mann?
你们知道他为什么不再写书吗
You know why he stopped writing books. Because he masturbates.
因为他手♥淫♥
你们知道他为什么不再写书吗
You know why he stopped writing books. Because he masturbates.
因为他手♥淫♥
女士,打扰一下
Excuse me, madam.
我想插句话
Excuse me.
在那一段疯狂的年代里
Terence Mann was a warm, gentle voice of reason
泰伦斯孟是一道清流
during a time of great madness.
当大家嘴里念着 “烧吧,努力烧吧”的时候
He coined the phrase, “Make love, not war.”
他创造了 “做♥爱♥不作战”这句话
While other people were chanting, “Burn, baby, burn,”
他所谈的是爱、和平和了解
he was talking about love and peace and understanding.
我珍爱他每一本书
I cherished his books, and I dearly wish he had written more.