为你而哀伤 乔森
to grieve for you, Joseph,
只能遵从上帝的决定
can only bow to the divine judgement of our Lord,
谁选择了带你远离我们
who has chosen to take you away from us…
在一场残酷的意外
in this cruel accident.
喔 神圣伟大的主啊
Oh, how great the holiness of our God.
祂拥有一切智慧
For He knoweth all things.
祂无所不知
And there is not anything save He knows it.
祂来到了这个世界
And He cometh into the world…
祂可以拯救世人 如果他们能去倾听祂的声音
that He may save all men if they will harken unto His voice.
因为祂看到了世人遭受的痛苦
For behold, He suffered that the pains of all men.
是的 每一个活着的生命 都在遭受痛苦
Yea, the pains of every living creature,
男人 女人和孩童
both men, women and children…
你就不能让我独自一人吗
Can’t you leave me alone?
你杀了他还不够吗
Isn’t it enough that you killed him?
并非如此 马洛尼太太 事情正好相反
That’s not so, Mrs. Maloney. It was the other way.
是你 是你来这里之后 开始了一切
You. You started it all coming here…
并且在你那交易中 把事情搞得一团糟
and messing in things that were none of your business.
请走开 拜托
Now go away. Please!
-马洛尼太太 我要和你谈谈 -他已经死了 埋葬了
– Mrs. Maloney, I have to talk to you. – He’s dead and buried.
-没有什么可谈的 -他为什么不想要我
– There’s nothing to talk about. – Why didn’t he want me…
-寻找艾迪·休奎奇 -我不想听你说话
– Iooking for Eddie Shoebridge? – I am not listening to you.
-离开我 -马洛尼太太 你丈夫要杀我
– Get away from me! – Mrs. Maloney, your husband tried to kill me,
-你也有份 是吗 -不
– and you were in on it, werert you? – No.
-那为何总是逃避我 那就是原因 -不
– Then why are you always running away from me? Is that why? – No.
你知道你是企图谋杀的共犯吗
Do you realize that you are an accessory to an attempted murder?
-与我无关 -也许警方会认为你也有份
– I had nothing to do with that. – Perhaps the police would think that you did.
-你要我去跟警♥察♥说吗 -看在老天的份上
– You want me to go to the police about it? – For God’s sake.
-你不会那样 -告诉我艾迪·休奎奇在哪儿
– You wouldn’t do that… – Just tell me where is Eddie Shoebridge?
-我不能 -马洛尼太太 他在哪 请告诉我
– I can’t. – Mrs. Maloney, where is he? Please tell me.
没有艾迪·休奎奇
There is no Eddie Shoebridge.
他如烟雾般25年前来到这都市
He went up in smoke 25 years ago and came down in the city.
他自称亚瑟·亚当森
He calls himself Arthur Adamson.
亚瑟·亚当森
Arthur Adamson?
如果他发现我告诉了你 他会杀了我
If he finds out I told you, he’ll kill me.
走开吧 别再靠近我了
Now go away, and don’t ever come near me again.
骗子 骗子
Fake! Fake!
等等 你这是在夸大
Wait a second, now. You’re the one that’s exaggerating.
不 不 我是失踪了两三天 但不可能更多了
No, I’ll give you two or three days maybe I missed, but never more than that.
-告诉他这非常重要 -嘘
– Tell him it’s deeply important. – Shh!
-硬起来 -为何是我
– Stand up. – Why me?
是什么使你认为是我跑超过里程
What makes you think that it’s me that ran up all the extra mileage?
那些家伙如何 贺比或艾尔 值日班的人
What about that little asshole, Herbie, or, uh, Al, the one on the day shift?
我明白了 我会去的
I understand. I’ll be there.
是 我保证我会过去
Yes, I promise I’ll be there.
答案是不行
The answer’s no.
他说我必须轮班 并且我今晚就要上工
He says I must work the shift, and I must work it tonight.
帮我个忙 布兰琪
And do me a favor, Blanche.
拜托别再给我制♥造♥麻烦
Please don’t give me a hard time.
你没有全力去抗争
You didn’t put up much of a fight.
亲爱的 听着 我一直消磨时间在帮你
Honey, look. After all the goofir off I’ve been doir on your behalf,
我差点就要失去我的驾驶座
I’m within a gnat’s eyelash of losir my cab
被踢出公♥司♥了
and gettir kicked right out of the company.
鲁尼 你真傻 你不需要开计程车
Lumley, you’re thick! You won’t have to drive a cab…
如果你能把这件事办好 就能拿到钱啊
if you can get this thing over and done with and collect the money.
“如果”亲爱的 你总是对我说如果
“If,” darling. You’re always givir me ifs.
我不能靠如果吃饭 你也不能
I can’t eat ifs and neither can you,
朱莉亚·兰伯特和你之间的 华尔滋太过遥远了
while Julia Rainbird and you are waltzir around in the great beyond.
拜托 亲爱的 我该做的就是回去工作
Come on, sweetheart. The least I can do is show up for work every now and then.
至少 我不是已经给你 那家伙的名字了吗
After all, didn’t I give you the guy’s name?
但是电♥话♥簿里满满的都是 亚瑟·亚当森
But the phone book is full of Arthur Adamsons.
这很简单 你要做的 就是找出正确的那一个
It’s very simple. All you need to do is find out the right one.
那很容易 一个大约40岁
That’s a snap. The one that’s close to 40 years old…
听到艾迪·休奎奇这名字 就会颤抖的家伙
and trembles a little bit at the name Eddie Shoebridge.
-简单 我们明天来做 -现在做会更好
– Easy. We do that tomorrow. – Now would be much better.
食物就要到手了 鲁尼 拜托你 亲爱的
A bird in the hand, Lumley. Please. Oh, sweetheart.
唯一的食物是在我的手上
The only bird that’s gonna be in my hand…
我必须遗憾地说
and I’m very sorry to say this…
四点至午夜我必须开车
is a steering wheel from 4:00 to midnight.
好吧 我何时才能得到一个吻
Sure. Why should I get a kiss?
当我开始认为 你不再难以忍♥受的时候
Just when I was beginning to think you werert impossible.
也许没有你我也能做到
Maybe I’ll do it without you.
绝不可能
The hell you will!
来吧 布兰琪 拜托
Come on, now. Please.
这个休奎奇惹了许多麻烦 不想被发现
This Shoebridge fellow’s gone to a lot of trouble not to be found.
如今你不知道会被卷入 什么麻烦当中
Now you got no idea what kind of trouble you could get into.
不管是什么 他会忘了那些事的
Whatever it is, he’ll forget about it…
当他听到他将获得数百万时
when he hears about the millions he’s coming into.
噢 布兰琪 拜托
Oh, Blanche, come on.
坐下吧 你漂亮的小 屁♥股♥
Just sit down on your pretty little… behind.
我得说 这很
And I must say, it is quite an…
不 这是很吸引人的小屁♥股♥
No, it is. Very attractive little behind.
等我 好吗
Just wait for me, okay?
今晚我回到家 我们会
And tonight when I get home, we will, uh…
很好 好好地商量我们的策略
Right. Very nice. Plot our strategy.
明白我的意思吗 亲爱的
Know what I mean, darlir?
谁需要他
Who needs him.
你不会是亚瑟·亚当森 对吧
You wouldn’t be Arthur Adamson, would you?
抱歉
Excuse me.
抱歉
Excuse me!
哈罗 你是亚瑟·亚当森
Hello. Are you Arthur Adamson?
嘿 亚瑟
Hey, Art!
什么事
Yeah?
对不起 我们打烊了
I’m sorry. We’re just closing.
我知道 我不是要购物 请问亚当森先生在吗
I understand. I’m not shopping. Is Mr. Adamson around?
-不 他不在 但你可以明天再来 -好的
– I’m afraid not. But if you come back tomorrow… – All right.
但是为了确认是我要找的 亚当森先生
But just to be sure I have the right Mr. Adamson,
-我猜他是一位年约40岁的绅士 -是的 没错
– he is a gentleman of about 40, I trust? – Yes, that’s about right.
噢 整个下午以来 这是第一个令人鼓舞的消息
Oh, that’s the first encouraging news I’ve had all afternoon.
为了不耽误时间 我到哪里能找到他
Isn’t there someplace I might reach him without delay?
-你是说今晚 -是的
– You mean tonight? – Yes.
他平常都会直接从这里回家
Well, he usually goes directly home from here.
但今晚很不幸 因为我想他今天要开个派对
But tonight would be very bad because I believe he’s giving a party.
我知道他今天提早离开 是为了这个原因
I know he left unusually early for some such reason.
是不是有什么我可以帮你转达的 在明天早上
Isn’t there something I can tell him for you in the morning?
-这是私人事情 相当私人 -喔 我明白了
– This is personal. Rather personal. – Oh, I see.
或是你想留个字条给他
Perhaps you’d like to leave him a note.
-字条 是的 -好的 请这边走
– A note? Very good. – Yes. Come this way.
抱歉
Excuse me.
谢谢
Thank you.
有什么问题吗
Is anything the matter?
嗯 我只是在想
Uh, I was, uh, just thinking.
与其留字条在这里
Instead of leaving this note here,
不如这样会更好 我今晚 就发个电报给亚当森先生
it might be better if I sent Mr. Adamson a telegram tonight.
-能告诉我他的地址吗 -呃 我不能
– What’s his address, please? – Well, I don’t…
没关系的 我们是朋友
It’s all right. We’re friends.
-富兰克林街1001号♥ -富兰克林街1001号♥
– 1001 Franklin Street. – 1001 Franklin.
非常感谢你 你真是亲切
Thank you very much. You’ve been very kind.
你是摩羯座的吗
You’re a Capricorn, aren’t you?
不 我是狮子座
No, I’m a Leo.
我想也是
That’s what I thought.
-皮特 嗨 -哈罗 布兰琪宝贝
– Pete, hi. – Hello, there, Blanche, baby.
-你有看到乔治吗 -他几分钟前刚离开 很快会回来
– Have you seen George? – He just left a few minutes ago, but he’ll be back.
送四个人到河谷参加派对
Took a party of four out to River Valley.
喔 亲爱的 那可能要通宵
Oh, dear. That could take all night.
放轻松 有什么事吗
Easily. What’s up?
-你能帮我传个话给他吗 -当然可以
– Would you give him a message for me? – Sure thing.
-告诉他说我找到他了 -你找到他
– Just tell him I found him. – You found him?
没错 他住在富兰克林1001号♥
That’s right. He lives at 1001 Franklin.
富兰克林1001号♥
1001 Franklin.
那就是他的住所 而我现在就要过去
That’s where he lives, and that’s where I’m going now.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!