你知道打断我的思绪 会造成什么损害吗
Do you realize what damage you can do my psyche, breaking in this way?
只要给我你的钥匙 我赶时间
Just give me your keys. I need ’em.
是的 亨利 要干嘛
Yes, Henry! What for?
我找到兰伯特司机的女儿了
I’ve located the daughter of the Rainbird chauffeur.
-我这计程车司机却去不了 -喔
– And I’m not going as a cab driver. – Oh!
-你说我应该做的 我却没有车 -我才不在乎你做什么
– What am I supposed to do without my car? – I don’t care what you do.
-我开计程车 只要给我钥匙 -树在摇动
– Take a taxi. Just give me the keys. – The trees are swaying!
枝叶分开了
And the branches part!
但那儿一个人也没有 在这里
But there’s no one there! Here.
我看到影子消失了 空气越来越冷
I see shadows falling! The air is getting cold!
光线变暗了 再见 亨利
The brightness… dims. Good-bye, Henry!

Oh!
你找到沃尔特了
Did you find Walter?
-在哪里 -在厨房♥里啊
– Where? – In the kitchen.
没错
I did.
我不知道能不能和你谈几分钟 海妮根女士
I wonder if I could speak to you for a couple minutes, Mrs. Hannagan.
当然 我们认识吗
Why, sure. Do we know each other?
不 我叫法兰克·麦克布莱
No, I’m Frank McBride,
弗格森和麦克布莱律师事务所的
of the law firm of Ferguson, Ferguson & McBride,
我只是想知道 如果你不介意
and I just wondered if you would mind…
回答一些关于你背景的问题
answering a couple questions about your background.
-我的背景 -嗯
– My background? – Mm-hmm.
就像洗碗水一样无趣
Dull as dishwater.
我的意思是 你为什么会想知道这个
I mean, what in the world would you be wanting with that?
呃 这样说吧 嗯
Well, let’s just say that the, uh,
我对那些讯息感兴趣 是因为值不少钱
information that I’m interested in could be won’th a great deal of money.
哦 是吗 给谁
Oh, yeah? To who?
嗯 我们只要花一点点时间 问几个愉快的小问题
Well, we’ll get around to that pleasant little subject in a minute,
如果你不介意
if you don’t mind.
-好吧 -太好了
– Okay. – Oh, swell.
现在 我们从头开始吧
Now, why don’t we just start at the beginning?
-你的父母呢 -喔 他们都过世了 蒙主宠召
– Your parents. – Oh, they’re both dead. God rest ’em.
-你的父亲是一名司机 对吧 -你怎么知道
– Your father was a chauffeur, though, right? – How did you know that?
他是兰伯特家族的司机
He was a chauffeur for the Rainbird family.
又说对了 你像是个冥界的侦探 麦克布莱先生
Right again! You’d be a hell of a detective, Mr. McBride.
这我可就不知道了 亲爱的
I don’t know about that, my dear.
这段时间 你还记不记得有谁
Now, during this period of time, though, can you remember anybody, uh,
是你父亲的亲密朋友
being a close friend of your father’s?
嗯 是有一个人 很久以前了 当时我还在读书
Uh, there was a man. It was away back when I was in school.
那人经常和我父亲一起喝啤酒
Uh, there was this guy that my father used to drink beer with…
并一起到村里打撞球
and shoot pool with down in the village.
这哈利·休奎奇 和他太太莎蒂开了一间家禽店
This Harry Shoebridge had a poultry shop with his wife, Sadie.
休奎奇
Shoebridge.
是啊 他的生意一直很差
Yeah. His business was always lousy,
即使在景气好的时候
even when times were good.
她曾经流产过
And she used to have miscarriages…
就像其他女人一样不再过生日
like other women have birthdays.
后来 他们放弃并搬走了
Well, they stopped trying, and they moved away…
搬到巴洛溪去 并收养了一个小孩 我想
to Barlow Creek, and, uh, adopted a kid, I think.
-男孩吗 -是啊 一个婴儿
– A boy? – Yeah. An infant.
但是 你知道的 我不太确定
But, you know, I’m not so sure.
我 记忆有些模糊 嗯
I… It’s all kind of hazy, an-and, uh,
我试着回想
I keep connecting it with…
嗯 我记得有一晚
Well, I remember this night…
我父亲从休奎奇那里 一个人开车回家
with my Dad driving over there… to the Shoebridge’s all alone, and then getting in…
然后和我妈妈大吵了一架 因为他回到家时已经凌晨四点了
a big fight with Ma because he’d come home at 4:00 A.M.,
且他不告诉她 他到底去做了些什么
and he wouldn’t tell her what he was doing or something.
现在 我父亲过世了 愿上帝保佑他的灵魂安息
Now, after my dad passed away… God rest his soul…
我妈妈非常痛恨休奎奇
my ma was damn mad at the Shoebridge’s,
因为他们一直没有来参加葬礼
because they never showed up at the funeral.
-后来 她发现了原因 -为什么
– Then she found out why. – Why?
就在一年前 他们参加了自己的葬礼
A year earlier, they’d gone to their own funeral.
-死了 -嗯
– Dead? – Mm-hmm.
-他们和房♥子一起烧死了 -那么 小孩怎么了
– Their house burned down with them in it. – Well, what about the son?
海妮根女士 你没看到有顾客吗
Mrs. Hannagan! Can’t you see that there are customers?
-噢 好的 我马上过去 -她马上过去 夫人
– Oh, yes. Yes. I’ll be right there. – She’ll be right there, ma’am.
嗯 听着 麦克布莱先生
Uh-Uh, look, um, Mr. McBride,
-事情差不多就这样了 -海妮根女士
– about all this being won’th something… – Mrs. Hannagan!
-好的 -等一下
– Yeah. – Wait a second.
我到哪里才能找到 休奎奇的儿子
This Shoebridge son… where do I look for him?
嗯 到巴洛溪公墓试试吧
Well, try the Barlow Creek Cemetery.
什么意思 到公墓
What do you mean, the cemetery?
嗯 我不确定 但我认为他死了
Well, I’m not sure, but I think he’s dead, too.
抱歉
Sorry!
死胡同 布兰琪
Dead end, Blanche.
早就埋葬了
Dead and buried.
-我是管理人 能为你做什么吗 -我是这家庭的朋友
– Caretaker. Do somethir for you? – I’m a friend of the family.
什么都没留下 这差事糟透了
None left. Bad business, that.
你是指大火吗
You mean the fire?
我不喜欢他们同时被埋葬
Never liked them multiple funerals.
太多工作都挤在同一时间
Too much work involved, all at one time.
他们是一起死的 但他们没有埋在一起
They died together, yet they’re not… buried together in the same hole.
为什么
How come?
我怎么知道
Search me.
瞧这里
Here. Look.
1950年过世
Died in 1950. Died 1950.
1950年过世
Died 1950.
这两个死亡日期相同
Both died the same date.
旧石碑
Old stone.
而这个是新的石碑
This is practically new stone.
-真是聪明人 -怎么 被我发现什么了
– Smart fellow, ain’t ya? – Why? Have I stumbled on to something?
哦 很高兴认识你
Well, nice meetir ya.
我该回去干活了 明天在这儿还有份工作
Better get back to my work. I got a job comir in here tomorrow.
把那该死的东西关小 玛西洛
Turn that damn thing down, Marcella.
我甚至听不到自己的说话声
Can’t even hear myself think.
你想我怎么可能 记得那么久以前的事情
How do you expect me to remember anything that far back?
我必须要翻阅我的旧档案 来找资料才行
I’d have to go through my old files for that kind of information.
嗯 威勒先生 我不喜欢坚持
Well, Mr. Wheeler, I hate to insist…
你知道吗 麦克布莱先生
You know something, Mr. McBride?
你们律师全都一样
You lawyers are all alike.
麻烦 麻烦 麻烦
Trouble, trouble, trouble.
来吧 我可没有整天的时间
Well, come on. I don’t have all day.
你说的那一家是哪一年死的
What year did you say the family died?
嗯 1950年
Uh, 1950.
几月
What month?
这我可帮不了你
Ah, I can’t help you there.
-我能坐下吗 -好 请便
– Shoebridge. Shoebri… – Can I sit down? – Yeah, go ahead.
休奎奇 休奎奇
Shoebridge. Shoebridge.
喔 在这儿”休奎奇 哈利和莎蒂”
Oh, here it is. “Shoebridge: Harry and Sadie.
“大型大理石 28号♥”
“Large marble. Model 28.
“全额支付 检索编号♥93”
“Paid in full. Check number 93.
“第一教堂末世圣徒 巴洛溪”
First Church of Latter Day Saints, Barlow Creek.”
那儿子呢
What about the son?
-艾迪·休奎奇 他们的儿子 -艾迪
– Edward Shoebridge. He’s their son. – Edward?
-是的 -好 不
– Yeah. – Okay. Nope.
-没有 -什么意思 没有
– Nothing. – What do you mean, nothing?
肯定有 或许他比较晚来
There’s gotta be something. Maybe it came later.
等等 你是说艾迪·休奎奇 他的墓碑
Wait a minute. You’re talking about Eddie Shoebridge. His headstone?
是的 他比较晚来
Yeah, that did come later.
我想是 嗯 65号♥
I think in, uh, ’65.
是的 我记得那孩子
Sure, I remember that kid.
他在这里太受欢迎 有人说是他自己放的火
He wasrt too popular around here. Some say he set that fire himself…
为了摆脱他的家人然后消失
to get rid of his family, and then disappeared…
使他看起来 像是也在大火中丧生
to make it look like he died in the fire too.
他们从来没发现他的尸体
They never did find his body.
你是说没有尸体在他的坟墓中
You mean, there’s no body in that grave?
嗯 我记得 这就是为什么当地的牧师
Well, as I recollect, that’s why the local parson…
没有为艾迪做任何事的原因
wouldn’t say any services for Eddie.
没有死亡证明吗
Well, Wasrt there a death certificate?
我不知道 我也不需要知道
I wouldn’t know about that. And I don’t need to know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!