大巧局
Family Plot
有人在这里
Someone is here.
不太靠近
Not closely.
不太情愿
Not willingly.
我感到了阻碍
I feel a holding back.
有什么麻烦 亨利
What’s the trouble, Henry?
太多回忆 太多痛苦
Too many memories, too much pain.
太多悲伤
Too… much… sorrow.
无论和你在一起的是谁
Whoever is there with you,
让他们说话 亨利
tell them to speak up, Henry.
让他们靠近一点
Tell them to come closer.
我想我知道那是谁 布兰琪夫人
I think I know who it is, Madame Blanche.
我想我知道是什么困扰着她
I think I know what’s bothering her.
“她”是吗 别担心 兰伯特女士
Her, is it? Never you mind, Miss Rainbird.
没有你的指示 亨利不会做任何事的
I won’t have you doing Henry’s work for him.
现在 让我们一起来吧 亲爱的
Now, let’s have it, my love.
这就是为什么今晚我们在这里
That’s why we’re here tonight.
为了帮助我的朋友 摆脱她的痛苦
To help my friend be rid of her torment.
她有休息的权力 让她疲惫的头脑
She has a right to rest her weary head
能在枕头上歇息 于每个晚上
on a pillow each night…
平静地安睡 有如天使
and sleep the peaceful sleep of the angels.
你怎么知道我有睡眠的困扰
How did you know about my troubled sleep?
谁告诉你的
Who told you?
她夜晚无法长睡
Her nights cannot go on like this much longer.
我从来没有告诉别人我的噩梦
I never told a soul about my nightmares.
-你怎么会 -是谁来到这里
– How could you… – Who is this person who arrives…
今晚我们的存在 所以才不敢靠近吗
in our presence tonight, but does not dare to come close to us?
是她 是我的妹妹哈丽叶
It’s her. It’s my sister Harriet.
-绝对是 -她保持距离
– It must be. – She stays her distance,
朱莉亚·兰伯特 因为她没有感受到
Julia Rainbird, for she does not feel…
你的爱或是你的善意
your love or your kindness yet.
你太自私了
There is selfishness where you are.
我已经什么都为她做了
I’ve had all I can take from her.
她每晚都来到我的梦中
Night after night, coming into my dreams.
发牢骚 抱怨 努力使我感到内疚
Whining, complaining, trying to make me feel guilty,
就好像我需要她来告诉我是非
as though I need her to tell me right from wrong.
告诉她 我知道该怎么做
Tell her I know what has to be done.
我一直想这么做已经一年了
I’ve been wanting to do it for a year.
但是我 朱莉亚·兰伯特 已经做出决定了
But it is I, Julia Rainbird, who has made the decision.
我不需要她来鞭策我
I don’t need her to goad me on!
他们在我梦中丑陋的话语 使我生病
They’re making me ill with their ugly words in my ugly dreams.
告诉她该停止了 回去 不要管我
Tell her to stop it, to go away and leave me alone.
喔 不 不 别让她走
Oh, no. No, no. Don’t let her go!
-别让她离开 -哈丽叶
– Don’t let her go away. – Harriet?
哈丽叶 留下来 哈丽叶
Harriet, stay with us, Harriet.
你姐姐要和你说话
Your sister wants to speak to you now,
从她的心灵深处
from the depths of her soul.
怎么了 怎么回事
What’s wrong? What is it?
她说”我已经等了好久”
She says, “I’ve waited so long…
“想听到你说话 朱莉亚”
“to hear from you, Julia.
“没有你在 我很不快乐”
I’ve been so unhappy without you.”
是你 哈丽叶
It is you, Harriet.
喔 我很抱歉
Oh, I’m so sorry!
我不该让你那么做的
I-I should never have made you do it.
喔 都已经过去了
Oh, it’s all past now.
但是我会尽我所能地去弥补
But I’ll do what I can to make up for it.
如果他还活着 我会找到你的儿子
If he’s still alive, I’ll find your son.
我会带他到我身边并且爱他
And I’ll take him in my arms and love him…
有如我就是你 我可怜的哈利叶
as if I were you, my poor Harriet.
我会 我会待他如己出
And I’ll… I’ll make him one of us.
给予他一切 一切
And give him everything. Everything!
离太远了
Far away.
离太远 太远了
So far, far away.
但 但我需要她的协助
Bu-But I need her. I need her help.
我一个人做不到
I can’t do it alone.
你看 我需要她的记忆
You see, I need her memory.
那都已经40年了 我不知道孩子被带到哪里
It’s over 40 years ago, and I don’t know where the child was taken…
或是送给了谁
or who it was given to.
我不知道他现在在哪里 或他现在是谁
I don’t know where he is now or who he is.
对于衡量朱莉亚·兰伯特 真实的爱
The true measure of Julia Rainbird’s love…
在于她现在要如何去做
lies in what she does now,
藉由你的帮助 当然 还有我的
with your help, of course, and mine,
亲爱的 离开吧
and that of the dear, departed one…
是谁漂流远离了我们
who has drifted so far from us.
我们了解了 兰伯特女士 对吧
We understand him. Don’t we, Miss Rainbird?
噢 是的 我是 我愿意去做任何事 任何的事
Oh, yes. Yes, I do. I’m willing to do anything. Anything at all.
最后 幸福将会到来
In the end, there will be happiness.
从逝去的眼泪当中 沙漠般的心灵会开出花朵
From the tears of the past, the desert of the heart will bloom.
再见 朱莉亚·兰伯特 再见 布兰琪
Good-bye, Julia Rainbird! Good-bye, Blanche.
再见
Good-bye.
布兰琪夫人 你没事吧
Madame Blanche! Are you all right?
噢 这是
Oh. It was…
这到底是怎么回事
What in the world’s been going on here?
我觉得我好像做了什么事
I feel as though I’ve been properly done over.
你不记得发生什么了
Don’t you remember what happened? Mm-mm.
不记得细节了 布兰琪女士 只有大略
Not the details, Miss Rainbird, only the gist,
你应该知道我的意思
if you know what I mean.
我以为你会告诉我一些要点
Suppose you give me the gist of it.
喔 我不知道
Oh well, I wonder…
我能麻烦你弄点什么喝的
Could I trouble you for a sip of something? Ju-Just…
噢 当然 你要喝什么
Oh, of course. What would you like?
噢 随便给我一点混合的
Oh, a double shot of anyth…
-来点雪莉酒或许比较好 -噢 是的 没问题
– A spot of that sherry might be nice. – Oh, yes. Of course.
谢谢
Thank you.
-现在 请告诉我还记得的招魂内容 -说个大概
– Now, tell me what you remember of the seance. – In a nutshell?
拜托了
Please.
嗯
Well…
大约40年前 你安排
About 40 years ago, you arranged to have…
把你妹妹的小婴儿送给了别人
your sister Harriet’s baby given away without a trace.
如今你总是做噩梦 你困惑的良心告诉你
And now your bad dreams and troubled conscience tell you…
必须去找到长大了的小孩 并带他回家
to find the grown-up person, take him into the family…
给予他财富
and bestow your wealth on him.
-很好 -谢谢
– Excellent. – Thank you.
但我为什么 要强迫我妹妹把小孩送人
And why did I force my sister to give the child away?
我想 那个小孩可能是 私生子 兰伯特女士
I guess the kid was a… illegitimate, Miss Rainbird.
我不希望你以为我是个清教♥徒♥ 布兰琪夫人
I don’t want you to think me a puritan, Madame Blanche.
但是 40年前 未婚母亲
But 40 years ago, an unmarried mother…
并不像现在这么普遍
was not the commonplace it is nowadays.
尤其是在我们这样的家族
And in a family like ours,
不得不牺牲一切代价来掩盖丑闻
a scandal had to be covered up at all costs.
我明白
I understand.
我必须保持传统
And I’m still sufficiently old-fashioned,
并维护兰伯特家的名声
and sufficiently protective of the Rainbird name,
寻找失踪的继承人时
to want to seek the missing heir…
必须以私人并秘密的方式进行
in a private and secret fashion,
而不是去找侦探社
rather than go to detective agencies…
或是登报寻人
and put notices in the newspapers.
这是个明智的决定 兰伯特女士
A most wise decision, Miss Rainbird.
那么 现在 我们找到了必须请你帮忙的理由
Well, now, suppose we get to the reason…for my sending for you.
我已经78岁了
I’m 78 years of age.
我希望能带着一颗平静的心 跨进棺材
I would like to go to my grave with a quiet conscience.
特别是当我知道唯一的继承人 就在外面的某个地方
Particularly as I know that my only heir is out there somewhere,
是我的行为 剥夺了他兰伯特的姓氏
deprived by my acts of his true Rainbird name.
你能用你的力量帮助我吗
Will you help me with your powers?
如果你是诚心的 我可以
If in your heart you believe that I can,
我有责任让我们共同去尝试 兰伯特女士
then I owe it to both of us to try, Miss Rainbird.
不 我太老了 做不到了
No, I’m too old for trying.
我只来得及去看到结果
I’ve only time enough left for results!
帮我找到他 布兰琪夫人
Find him for me, Madame Blanche.
用你的精神力量 还有你的亨利
Use your spirit-control, your “Henry.”g