不管怎样,我只是想让你知道
Well, anyway, I just wanted you to know
你可能是总统的妻子。
that you might have been the president’s wife.
上♥床♥睡觉吧,前总统先生。
Come to bed, Mr. Ex-president.
是的,没错。
Yes, that’s right.
当你接到电♥话♥,告诉车♥库♥把我的车送过来。
And when you get that call through, tell the garage to send my car over.
对。对。
Yes. Yes.
我们现在开车去哪?
Where are we driving to now?
我们没地方开。我要去米尔堡。
We’re driving no place. I’m going to Millburgh.
但你答应带我去赛道的。
But you promised to take me to the track.
我知道这件事吗?
Did I know about this?
这个怎么样?
What about this?
你是这家公♥司♥的董事,是吗?
You’re a director of the company, aren’t you?
上面写着,“Tredway的收入增加了”
It says here, “Tredway’s increased earnings
“第一季度……”-帮我个忙,好吗?
“for the first quarter…” – Do me a favor, will you?
看笑话。
Read the funnies.
时代上没有。你不知道吗?
There aren’t any in the Times. Don’t you know that?
然后读“通缉令”,你可能需要一个。
Then read “Situations Wanted.” You may need one.
对?好的,让肖先生接电♥话♥。
Yes? Okay, put Mr. Shaw on.
对。洛伦?乔治·卡斯韦尔。
Yes. Loren? George Caswell.
呵呵?是的,糟透了。
Huh? Yes, terrible.
是的,我很震惊。
Yes, I was shocked.
听着,罗兰。。。
Now, look, Loren…
我当然看到了。我就在这儿。
I certainly have seen it. I’ve got it right here.
精彩的表演。
Remarkable showing.
听着,洛伦,我来告诉你我为什么打电♥话♥。
Now, look, Loren, I’ll tell you why I called.
是的,我收到了会议的电报,
Yes, I’ve got the wire about the meeting,
但在那之前见到你很重要。
but it’s very important that I see you before then.
正确的。我会等你的。
Right. I’ll be expecting you.
哦,你叫马丁小姐来了吗?-她在外面。
Oh, did you send for Miss Martin? – She’s outside.
打给特雷德韦小姐的电♥话♥怎么样?
What about the call to Miss Tredway?
肖先生,我跟电♥话♥公♥司♥查过了,
Mr. Shaw, I checked with the telephone company,
他们说这不仅仅是一个繁忙的信♥号♥♥,她的接收器已经挂断了。
and they said it isn’t just a busy signal, her receiver’s off the hook.
继续努力。叫马丁小姐进来。-是的,先生。
Keep trying. Send Miss Martin in. – Yes, sir.
马丁小姐,请你进去好吗?
Will you go in, please, Miss Martin?
你能把门关上吗?
Would you close the door?
请坐。-没关系,肖先生。
Sit down, please. – That’s all right, Mr. Shaw.
首先,
Well, first,
我想让你知道,马丁小姐,即使
I want you to know, Miss Martin, that even though there will be certain
组织内部不可避免的变化,你不用担心。
inevitable changes within the organization, you have nothing to worry about.
你和布拉德先生的亲密关系自然会对我们大有帮助
Your closeness to Mr. Bullard will naturally be of considerable aid to us
在处理那些个人政策的问题上
in handling those matters of personal policy
这对布拉德先生经营公♥司♥至关重要。
which was so vital in Mr. Bullard’s running of the company.
嗯,我的意思是,马丁小姐,在这个时候它会很有帮助
Well, what I mean, Miss Martin, is that it would be most helpful at this time
如果我能确定没有事实,
if I could be sure there were no facts,
布拉德先生的私人关系中没有误解的阴暗面
no dark areas of misunderstanding in Mr. Bullard’s personal relationships
这可能会伤害特雷德韦公♥司♥。
that could possibly hurt Tredway Corporation.
你想说什么,肖先生?
What are you trying to say, Mr. Shaw?
我要你告诉我你知道的一切
I want you to tell me everything you know
关于布拉德先生和朱莉娅·特雷德韦的关系。
about Mr. Bullard’s relationship with Julia Tredway.
特雷德韦小姐的父亲去世后,布拉德先生挽救了公♥司♥。
Mr. Bullard saved the company after the death of Miss Tredway’s father.
她崩溃时,他帮助她恢复了健康。
He helped her regain her health when she broke down.
他们成了好朋友。
They became good friends.
继续。-这是事实,肖先生。
Go on. – Those are the facts, Mr. Shaw.
但肯定。。。-所有的事实。
But surely… – All the facts.
我想你不太明白这一切的严重性。
I don’t think you quite understand the seriousness of all this.
也许是的,肖先生。
Perhaps I do, Mr. Shaw.
就这些了。
That will be all.
三振出局!
Strike three!
然后费城人就开始荡秋千了。
And Philly goes down swinging.
今天很厉害,洛帕特。
Pretty sharp there today, Lopat.
哦,不是洛帕特。他是个左撇子。我是艾莉·雷诺兹。
Oh, not Lopat. He’s a lefty. I’m Allie Reynolds.
好吧,艾莉,确保你在对抗老鹰的比赛中表现出色。
All right, Allie, just be sure you do as well against the Eagles.
谁起来了?埃迪·乔斯特。
Who’s up? – Eddie Joost.
爸爸?-是的,是的。
Dad? – Yeah, yeah.
低。-哦,我觉得不错!
Low. – Oh, that looked good to me!
现在,坚持住。
Now, hold it.
天哪,妈妈会拿到的。
Gee whiz, Mom will get it.
等一下。-是奥尔德森吗?
Just a minute. – Is that Alderson?
是比尔在工厂。-哦。
It’s Bill down at the plant. – Oh.
你好,比尔。
Hello, Bill.
是 啊。是 啊。
Yeah. Yeah.
你什么?
You what?
现在,等一下。再给我一次。
Now, wait a minute. Give me that again.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
好吧,当然是这样,一定是这样。
Well, of course that’s it, it’s got to be.
现在,听着,呆在原地。不要碰任何东西。
Now, look, stay where you are. Don’t touch a thing.
我马上下来。
I’ll be right down.
你觉得怎么样?我们一直都有。
How do you like that? We had it all the time.
哦,很好。
Oh, good.
现在,如果我们能在正确的压力下复♥制♥同样的东西。
Now, if we can just duplicate the same thing at the correct pressure.
赛前到工厂接我。-爸爸,你来吗?
Pick me up at the plant before the game. – Pop, you coming?
改变阵容,迈克。回头见。
Change in the lineup, Mike. I’ll see you later.
哦,这是个吉普。我会把乔斯特打倒的。
Oh, it’s a gyp. I would have struck Joost out.
你感觉怎么样,宝贝?-好吧,我想。
How do you feel, baby? – Okay, I guess.
出汗?-没有。
Perspiring? – No.
那么,来吧。我们去工作吧。
Well, then, come on. Let’s go to work.
现在,没有软的东西。
Now, none of that soft stuff.
妈妈,我不想伤害你。
Well, Mom, I don’t wanna hurt you.
别管妈妈,你只是把它们烧了。
Never mind Mom, you just burn them in.
快点,现在。就在这里!
Come on, now. Right in here!
比尤吉·贝拉强。
It’s better than Yogi Berra.
你开玩笑吧?
You kidding?
妈妈?-是的。
Mom? – Yup.
布拉德先生是个好人吗?-是的,他是。
Was Mr. Bullard a nice man? – Yes, he was.
爸爸什么时候当总统?
When does Pop become president?
噢,迈克,把他们扶起来!
Oh, Mike, get them up!
你不想让他这样吗?
Don’t you want him to be?
妈妈?
Mom?
少说多说,小子。加油!
Less talk and more pitch, sonny boy. Come on!
你最好不要等。
You better not wait.
那种混合物很容易被踢翻,我们就再也找不到地方了。
That mixture’s liable to kick over and we’ll be nowhere again.
你怎么说?-我支持你。
What do you say? – I’m with you.
乔?史提夫?-是的。
Joe? Steve? – Right.
贝尼戴克!
Benedeck!
贝尼戴克!
Benedeck!
你的人要花多长时间才能把盘片重新调好然后开始工作?
How long would it take your men to reset the platins and get rolling?
对不起,沃林先生。
Sorry, Mr. Walling.
现在不行。我是说哨子响后。-做不到。
Not this minute. I mean after the whistle. – Can’t do it.
除非另行通知,否则不得进行任何工作。
No work except straight production until further notice.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
塔台的命令。
Orders from the Tower.
好了,停下来。今天就这些。
Okay, knock off. That’s all for today.
你认为我们什么时候能再来一次?
When do you think we’ll be able to have another go at it?
也许永远不会。
Maybe never.
你好,弗雷德。有消息吗?
Hello, Fred. Any news yet?
他还在船上。
He’s still out on his boat.
现在,现在,现在,别担心。
Now, now, now, don’t worry.
如果我要派海岸警卫队去追他,我会去找杰西的。
I’ll get to Jesse if I have to send the coast guard after him.
不,不需要。你没什么可做的。
No, no need to. There’s nothing for you to do.
嗯,我和沃尔特的秘书商量过了,他要坐下午的飞机来。
Well, I checked with Walt’s secretary, and he’s coming in on the afternoon plane.
所以,你去吧。我知道在哪里可以找到你。
So, you go ahead. I’ll know where to reach you.
正确的。
Right.
我们该怎么办,沃林先生?
Where do we go from here, Mr. Walling?
我们已经四年没做过这样的好事了。
Four years since we’ve done anything good like that.
这就是我们现在做的,K-F线。
This is what we make now, the K-F line.
你看。
Look at it.
我记得布拉德先生来这里的时候,
I remember when Mr. Bullard used to come down here,
看到比这更糟糕的东西,
see stuff not half as bad as this,
把它捡起来砸在墙上。
and just pick it up and smash it against the wall.
“还不够好,”他常常大叫不够好!”
“Not good enough,” he used to yell. “Not good enough!”