不是这样的。-我不知道你在说什么。
That wasn’t it. – I don’t know what you’re talking about.
我和艾弗里·布拉德打架。你看不出来吗?
It was Avery Bullard I was fighting. Can’t you see that?
我本可以对付肖的。和你讨厌的人打架很容易。
I could’ve coped with Shaw. It’s easy to fight somebody you hate.
但我打不过艾弗里·布拉德。永远不会。
But I couldn’t fight Avery Bullard. Never could.
听着,弗雷德,你又累又烦。我们都很难过。
Now, look, Fred, you’re tired and upset. We’re all upset.
没用的,唐。-弗雷德,听我说!
It’s no use, Don. – Fred, listen to me!
艾弗里·布拉德不想让我当总统。
Avery Bullard doesn’t want me to be president.
他只想让我成为现在的我,
He never wanted me to be anything but what I am,
二号♥人物,永远不会多,永远不会少。
a number-two man, never more, never less.
我不相信。-哦,不,唐,这是真的。
I don’t believe that. – Oh, no, Don, it’s true.
如果不是这样,他几个月前就会让我当执行副总裁了。
If it weren’t, he would’ve made me executive vice-president months ago.
他不想要我。-那他想要谁?
He didn’t want me. – Then who did he want?
弗雷德,我想你知道去哪儿找杰西·格林。
Fred, I assume you know where to reach Jesse Grimm.
对。
Yes.
当你这么做的时候,最好让他知道特别会议的事
When you do, better make sure he knows about the special meeting
明天6:00董事会成员。
of the board tomorrow at 6:00.
什么时候决定的?
When was that decided?
我相信大家都同意,越快越好。
I’m sure we all agree, the sooner the better.
所有人都收到了电报。
Wires have gone out to everybody.
我再和沃尔特·达德利核实一下。晚安,先生们。
I’ll double check with Walt Dudley. Good night, gentlemen.
有件事我可以告诉你。
One thing I can tell you.
不会是他。
It’s not going to be him.
谁来阻止他?
Who’s gonna stop him?
如果是五年后,我可以告诉你谁可以。
If it was five years from now, I can tell you who could.
晚上好,巴德曼小姐。
Good evening, Miss Bardeman.
肖先生。。。-我想和达德利先生讲话。
Mr. Shaw… – I want to speak to Mr. Dudley.
哦,你是说,你想知道在哪里找到他?
Oh, you mean, you want to know where to reach him?
他住在芝加哥的黑石酒店。我以为你知道。
Well, he’s staying at the Blackstone in Chicago. I thought you knew.
我懂了。我得马上和他谈谈。
I see. I’ve got to talk to him right away.
请允许我用一下你的电♥话♥好吗?
Would you be good enough to let me use your telephone?
好吧,等一下!
Well, just a minute!
电♥话♥在那边。
The phone is over there.
肖先生。
Mr. Shaw.
肖先生!
Mr. Shaw!
休斯敦大学。。。沃尔特,我得和你谈一下。
Uh… I’ve got to talk to you for a minute, Walter.
你在哪个图表上找到这个,肖?
Which chart did you find this one on, Shaw?
你就想对他说这些吗?
Well, is that all you’re gonna say to him?
你以为谁会这样进来?
Just who do you think you are coming in here like this?
伊娃,等一下。
Eva, wait a minute.
这是我的公♥寓♥。你为什么不叫他出去?
This is my apartment. Why don’t you tell him to get out?
伊娃。-好吧,你还在等什么?
Eva. – All right, what are you waiting for?
你不想回到你的录音机上去吗
Don’t you want to get back to your Dictaphone
把你的特别报告交给总统?
and make out your special report to the president?
显然,你们俩今晚没开收音机。
Apparently, you two haven’t had the radio on tonight.
他死了。
He’s dead.
布拉德?死了?
Bullard? Dead?
你在撒谎。
You’re lying.
他今天下午在纽约中风了。他们今天晚上确认了尸体的身份。
He had a stroke in New York this afternoon. They identified the body this evening.
那个老人。
The old man.
死了。我不相信。
Dead. I don’t believe it.
公♥司♥将以最小的混乱继续经营。
The company will carry on with a minimum of confusion.
你可以赶上11点去芝加哥的飞机。
You can catch the 11:00 plane to Chicago.
早上和你的人聚在一起,向他们汇报情况,
Get together with your men there in the morning, brief them,
让他们接管。
let them take over.
你坐下午的飞机回来。
You get back here on the afternoon plane.
董事会要开会。。。-会议?
There’ll be a meeting of the board… – Meeting?
明天6点,选举新总统。
…tomorrow at 6:00, to elect a new president.
我想在那之前和你谈谈。
I’ll want to talk to you before then.
你在芝加哥的时候,我希望你不要接任何电♥话♥。
And while you’re in Chicago, I’d rather you didn’t take any calls.
米尔伯格打来电♥话♥。明白了吗?
Millburgh calls. Is that clear?
很自然,西尔维娅不会听到这件事的。
Naturally, Sylvia won’t hear about this.
听着,洛伦,这不是你想的。
Look, Loren, this is not what you think.
我来这里是因为。。。嗯,我不知道。
I come here because… Well, I don’t know.
嗯,这是家。我想这就是我坚持下去的原因。
Well, it’s home. I guess it’s what keeps me going.
她让我说我想说的,做我自己。
She lets me say what I want, be myself.
有些人不明白。。。
Some people wouldn’t understand…
我是说,不认识西尔维亚,但你。。。
I mean, not knowing Sylvia, but you…
我只要求你。。。
All I ask of you…
这是个好女孩,罗兰,还有。。。-嘴角,右边。
This is a fine girl, Loren, and… – Corner of your mouth, the right side.
穿上你的衣服,我开车送你去机场。
Put your clothes on, I’ll drive you to the airport.
你能在车里等吗?
Would you wait in the car?
伊娃。
Eva.
宝贝。
Baby.
听着,别担心,宝贝,一切都会好起来的。
Look, don’t worry, baby, everything’s gonna be all right.
当然。你会像照顾他一样照顾一切。
Sure. You’ll take care of everything like you just took care of him.
什么都不会发生。现在,别担心。
Nothing will happen. Now, don’t worry.
听着,亲爱的,布拉德先生死了,我得。。。
Look, honey, Mr. Bullard’s dead, and I’ve gotta…
肖在楼下。
Shaw’s downstairs.
我得走了。
I’ve got to go now.
亲爱的,别这么想。
Honey, don’t feel like that.
我向你保证,一切都会好的。
I promise you, it’ll be all right.
我明天下午坐飞机回家。
I’ll be home tomorrow on the afternoon plane.
伊娃。
Eva.
伊娃,你没事吧?
Eva, you all right?
你要我从芝加哥给你打电♥话♥吗?
You want me to call you from Chicago?
唐,你会变成一个失败者的。
Don, you’ll be a wreck.
我几分钟后就辞职。
I’ll quit in a few minutes.
弗雷德待久了?-嗯,够长了。
Fred stay long? – Mmm, long enough.
哦,我喜欢。
Oh, I like that.
他改变主意了吗?-嗯,嗯。
Did he change his mind? – Mmm-mmm.
是杰西·格林。
It’s gonna be Jesse Grimm.
弗雷德明早第一件事就是找到他。
Fred’s gonna get to him first thing in the morning.
你听起来很积极。
You sound so positive.
股东们没什么好说的吗?
Don’t the stockholders have anything to say?
股东们在选举董事会时有发言权。
The stockholders had their say when they elected the board.
七名董事投票,四名董事投票。
Seven directors will vote, four votes will elect.
杰西·格林将有他自己的一票,我的,弗雷德的和沃尔特·达德利的。
Jesse Grimm will have his own vote, mine, Fred’s and Walt Dudley’s.
我想达力和我们其他人一样受够了肖。
I think that Dudley’s about as fed up with Shaw as the rest of us.
朱莉娅·特雷德韦名字后面的问号♥是什么?
Well, what’s this question mark after Julia Tredway’s name?
隐马尔可夫模型?就这样。
Hmm? Just that.
先是她的父亲,现在是布拉德。
First her father, now Bullard.
谁知道她对公♥司♥的看法。
Who knows what she thinks about the company.
不管怎么说,她从来没有出席过董事会。布拉德有她的代理人。
Anyway, she’s never even shown up at a board meeting. Bullard had her proxy.
那就意味着肖只有他自己和乔治·卡斯韦尔?
Then that means Shaw has only himself and George Caswell?
帮助他进入公♥司♥的人。
Who helped him come into the company.
好吧,如果一切都解决了,你为什么还不睡?
Well, if it’s all settled, why are you still up?
唐,也许你该走了。
Don, maybe this is the time for you to leave Tredway.
不。
No.
但你可以做你一直想做的,靠自己,
But you could do what you always wanted to do, be on your own,
设计你想要的,建造你想要的。
design what you want, build what you want.
如果不是这间屋子过去几个月,你就活不下去了。
If it hadn’t been for this room the past few months, you couldn’t have lived.
我得确保不能在特雷德韦这里做
I’ve got to make sure that it can’t be done right here at Tredway
就像布拉德让我相信的那样。
the way that Bullard made me believe it could.
你不能逃避这样的事情,除非你知道它是没有希望的。
You don’t walk away from a thing like that, not till you know it’s hopeless.
如果你在布拉德手下做不到,
Well, if you couldn’t do it under Bullard,
你认为杰西·格里姆管理公♥司♥该怎么办?
how do you expect to do it with Jesse Grimm running the company?
杰西是个出色的制片人。-你告诉我他活在过去。
Jesse’s a fine production man. – You told me he lives in the past.
但他是我们阻止肖的最好机会。-这才是最重要的吗?
But he’s our best chance to stop Shaw. – Is that all that matters?
好吧,这么晚了我们也无能为力,是吗?
Well, there’s nothing we can do about it this late at night, is there?
弗雷德想让我竞选总统。
Fred wanted me to try for the presidency.
什么时候?
When?
今晚早些时候,回到塔楼。
Earlier tonight, back at the Tower.
你说什么?
What did you say?
我叫他忘了它。
I told him to forget it.
我不会在塔顶早死的,
I’m not gonna die young at the top of the Tower,
担心债券发行和股东大会。
worrying about bond issues and stockholders’ meetings.
那不是我来这里的原因,那不是我工作的目的。
That’s not why I came here, that’s not what I’m working for.
我是设计师,不是政客。
I’m a designer, not a politician.
我想。
I think.
我也这么认为。
I think, too.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!