对不起,马丁小姐。
I’m sorry, Miss Martin.
6点开行政会议,肖先生。
Executive meeting at 6:00, Mr. Shaw.
显然,今天纽约一定有一些进展。
Apparently, there must have been some development in New York today.
显然地。
Apparently.
马丁小姐,布拉德先生在会上有什么需要的信息吗?
Miss Martin, was there any information Mr. Bullard might want at this meeting?
你说我为他准备了什么?
Anything you suggest I have ready for him?
肖先生,我也不知道会议的内容。
Mr. Shaw, I don’t know what the meeting’s about either.
我不是在试探,马丁小姐,只是在问。
I wasn’t probing, Miss Martin, just asking.
当然。
Of course.
伊娃?
Eva?
你为什么不戴铃铛什么的?
Why don’t you wear bells or something?
我可以进去吗?-达德利先生在打电♥话♥。
May I go in? – Mr. Dudley’s on the phone.
事实上,他在打电♥话♥。
In fact, he’s in the phone.
哦?好吧,那你最好告诉他。
Oh? Well, maybe you better tell him then.
6:00的行政会议。-但是他。。。
Executive meeting at 6:00. – But he…
达德利先生得乘7点的飞机去芝加哥。家具展。
Mr. Dudley has to take the 7:00 plane to Chicago. A furniture show.
布拉德先生的命令,不是我的。
Mr. Bullard’s orders, not mine.
“布拉德先生的命令,不是我的。”
“Mr. Bullard’s orders, not mine.”
我没说我会和他在俱乐部吃晚饭,你说了!
I didn’t say I’d have dinner with him at the club, you did!
听着,你能拿着它吗?西尔维亚,请听我说。
Look, will you hold it? Sylvia, please listen to me for a minute.
布拉德准备任命一位执行副总裁,我。。。
Bullard’s getting ready to appoint an executive vice-president, and I…
好吧,那就无聊了!这正是我谋生的方式!
Well, be bored then! It happens to be the way I make my living!
等等,威尔。。。请稍等。
Hold it, will… Please hold it a minute.
你不在乎我是否和你在一起,
You don’t care whether I’m with you or not,
只是如果我不在,你就没什么好抱怨的了。
it’s just that if I’m not there, you won’t have anything to complain about.
西尔维亚?你好,西尔?
Sylvia? Hello, Syl?
你想要一份成绩单吗?
Would you like a transcript of that?
你让我监视所有重要的电♥话♥。
You told me to monitor all important calls.
你没有做任何承诺,任何一方都没有说什么
You made no commitments, nothing was said by either party
可以解释为对本公♥司♥或。。。
that could be construed as binding either on this company or…
拜托,现在不行。
Please, not now.
布拉德先生想让你参加今晚6点的行政会议。
Mr. Bullard would like you at an executive meeting at 6:00 tonight.
我可以更改您的预订吗?
Shall I change your reservation?
也许你得乘晚点的飞机。
Maybe you’ll have to take the late plane.
也许我会的。
Maybe I will.
你好?是的,他在这儿。
Hello? Yes, he’s here.
哦。请稍等。
Oh. Just a moment.
沃林先生,电♥话♥。-带个口信。
Mr. Walling, telephone. – Take a message.
是布拉德先生的秘书。她说这很重要。
It’s Mr. Bullard’s secretary. She says it’s important.
密度如何?-积少成多。
How’s the density? – Building up fine.
什么事,艾丽卡?
Yes, Erica?
嗯,一定是搞错了。
Well, there must be some mistake.
今天是我们测试新成型工艺的日子。
Today is the day we test the new molding process.
你确定他要我去吗?
Are you sure he wants me there?
嗯,电报上写着“执行委员会”,沃林先生。
Well, the wire says “executive committee,” Mr. Walling.
你不能推迟吗?
Well, can’t you put it off?
复♥制♥这个装置要花几个月的时间。
Lt’d take months to reproduce this set-up.
不是按时完成就是一点都没有。
Either it comes off on schedule or not at all.
对。是的,我会去的。
Yes. Yes, I’ll be there.
有什么问题吗?
What’s the trouble?
布拉德要我6点开会。
Bullard wants me in a meeting at 6:00.
你得在没有我的情况下拍这张照片。
You’re gonna have to make this shot without me.
但我们怎么能?假设出了问题。
But how can we? Suppose something goes wrong.
不会出错的。-你觉得他忘了?
Nothing’s gonna go wrong. – You think he forgot?
布拉德从不忘记。
Bullard never forgets.
我不明白为什么。。。-也许我们不该理解。
Then I don’t understand why… – Maybe we’re not supposed to understand.
这不关你我的事。
It’s none of your business and none of mine.
如果布拉德要开会,他有充分的理由。
If Bullard calls a meeting, he’s got a good reason.
他是个大块头。
He’s a big man.
今天过得很愉快,卡斯韦尔先生。
It’s been quite a day, Mr. Caswell.
温盖特在45分钟内为你卖♥♥出了很多股票,
That’s a lot of stock Wingate sold for you in 45 minutes,
像Tredway这样的活跃话题。
an active issue like Tredway.
电梯在哪?-放松,卡斯韦尔先生。
Where’s that elevator? – Relax, Mr. Caswell.
你自己说的。
You said it yourself.
你卖♥♥出了3700股你没有的股票,
You sold 3,700 shares of stock you haven’t got,
星期一早上你要少报10分。
and you’ll be covering it Monday morning at 10 points less.
为什么,那真是个杀戮。
Why, that’s a real killing.
你有什么好担心的?你身体很好。
So, what have you got to worry about? You’re in good shape.
除非,也许毯子下面的人不是艾弗里·布拉德。
Unless, maybe the man under the blanket ain’t Avery Bullard.
朱利叶斯。
Julius…
不,不。
No, no.
是布拉德。我看见他了。他死了。
It was Bullard. I saw him. He was dead.
你也看到他了,朱利叶斯。
You saw him, too, Julius.
我是个老人,卡斯韦尔先生。
I’m an old man, Mr. Caswell.
我的眼睛再也看不到那么好的钱了。
My eyes don’t see easy money so good anymore.
但我相信你的话。
But I take your word for it.
你拿到期末考试了吗?-随时可以。
Have you got the late finals yet? – Any minute now.
我能开车送你去什么地方吗?
Can I drive you someplace?
就在那里。
It was right there.
祝你周末愉快,卡斯韦尔先生。
Enjoy your weekend, Mr. Caswell.
期末考试?-是的。
Late finals? – Yep.
杂♥志♥、邮报和电视。-我数完之后。
The Journal, Post and The Telly. – After I count them.
哦,来吧,来吧。
Oh, come on, come on.
出租车!
Taxi!
鹳俱乐部。-是的。
Stork Club. – Right.
嘿,你不想找钱吗?
Hey, don’t you want your change?
马上就来。-我以为你说的是5点。
Be with you in a minute. – I thought you said 5:00.
你能把比克曼市中心医院给我吗?
Will you give me the Beekman Downtown hospital?
当然可以,卡斯韦尔先生。请坐三号♥展位。
Certainly, Mr. Caswell. Take booth three, please.
那是本杰明的“B”吗?
Is that “B” as in Benjamin?
对不起,先生,没有叫这个名字的人
I’m sorry, sir, but there’s been no one by that name
在过去的24小时里在这里入院。
admitted here during the past 24 hours.
也许是别的医院。
Perhaps it was some other hospital.
别告诉我。是比克曼在市中心。我要你。。。
Don’t tell me. It was Beekman Downtown. I want you to…
你好?
Hello?
谢谢你,卡斯韦尔先生。
Thank you, Mr. Caswell.
我想打个叫人电♥话♥。
I wanna make a person-to-person call.
Avery Bullard先生,
Mr. Avery Bullard, B- U-L-L-A-R-D,
Tredway公♥司♥,宾夕法尼亚州米尔堡。
Tredway Corporation, Millburgh, Pennsylvania.
请在四号♥展位拿。-是的。
Take it in booth four, please. – Yes.
接线员,这里是1940年3号♥广场。
Operator, this is Plaza Three, 1940.
乔治·卡斯韦尔先生打电♥话♥给艾弗里·布拉德先生,
Mr. George Caswell calling Mr. Avery Bullard,
Tredway公♥司♥,宾夕法尼亚州米尔堡,个人对个人。
Tredway Corporation, Millburgh, Pennsylvania, person-to-person.
是的,时间和费用。
That’s right, time and charges, please.
你真有胆量。
You have a big nerve.
我说过我会和你在一起的。这里发生了什么?
I told you I’d be right with you. What’s happening here?
我已经等了半个小时了。
I’ve been waiting a half hour.
你没看到我很忙吗?在酒吧等我。
Look, can’t you see I’m busy? Wait for me at the bar.
卡斯韦尔先生?-什么事?
Mr. Caswell? – Yes?
你觉得我能忍♥受多久?
How long do you think I’m gonna put up with this?
在酒吧。-卡斯韦尔先生?
At the bar. – Mr. Caswell?
什么事?-布拉德先生不在。
Yes? – Mr. Bullard isn’t in.
他们说他在路上,大约20分钟后到。
They say he’s on his way and he’ll be there in about 20 minutes.
20分钟?
20 minutes?
钱包?-没有。
Wallet? – None.
洗衣痕?-没有。
Laundry marks? – None.
应该是联邦法律。
Ought to be a federal law.
那西装呢?-没有客户标签。
What about the suit? – No customer label.
裁缝安德鲁齐怎么样?-棕榈滩警方试图找到他。
How about Andruzzi the tailor? – Palm Beach police trying to locate him.
他夏天关门。
He closes for the summer.
我们应该当裁缝的。
We should have been tailors.
车钥匙?-总经理正在检查。
Car keys? – GM’s checking on it.
他们只知道,这是一辆53年的凯迪拉克。
All they know, it’s a ’53 Cadillac.
还有别的吗?-衬衫上的花押字“AB”
Anything else? – Monogram on shirt, “AB.”
袖扣上刻着“AB”
Cuff links engraved, “AB.”
两个预测:
Couple of predictions:
一个,原来是个名字首字母“AB”的人
One, it turns out to be a guy with the initials “AB,”
两点,六点,我回家。
two, 6:00, I go home.
“我在两个果岭上。多少钱?”
“I’m on the green in two. How much?”
“300到1000。”“你来了,”他说。
“300 to 1,000.” “You’re on,” he says.