你跑到哪里去了?-机场。
Where did you run off to? – The airport.
哦,好吧,这就解释了一切。
Oh, well, that explains everything.
现在呢?茱莉亚·特雷德韦的。
And now? – Julia Tredway’s.
为什么?-她的选票。
What for? – Her vote.
为了沃尔特·达德利?-不,对我来说。
For Walt Dudley? – No, for me.
你听到我说的了吗?我要竞选总统。
Did you hear what I said? I’m going for the presidency.
是的,我听到了。-你就想说这些吗?
Yes, I heard you. – Is that all you’re gonna say?
你想让我说什么?-好吧,说句好话,干杯。
What would you like me to say? – Well, a good word, a few cheers.
你真的认为你能得到它吗?
Do you really think you can get it?
你得试试。-为什么?
You got to try. – Why?
为什么不呢?
Why not?
首先,因为我爱你。
Well, for one thing, because I love you.
我可不想看到你把你那漂亮的脑袋弄碎
And I wouldn’t enjoy seeing you crack that handsome head of yours
靠着石墙试图做不可能的事。
against a stone wall trying to do the impossible.
没有什么是不可能的。
Nothing’s impossible.
布拉德的台词,不是你的。-还是真的。
Bullard’s line, not yours. – Still true.
好吧,我知道你在想什么,但昨晚是几年前的事了。
Okay, I know what you’re thinking, but last night was years ago.
我改变主意了。
I’ve changed my mind.
照镜子看你的脸。
Look at your face in the mirror.
看看你的手。-因为我赶时间,
Look at your hands. – It’s because I’m in a hurry,
你一点也帮不上忙,玛丽。现在,你会。。。
and you’re not helping one bit, Mary. Now, will you…
五年来,我一直站在你身边看着你。
Five years now, I’ve stood by and watched you.
被骚扰,沮丧和否认,为什么?
Harassed, frustrated and denied, and for what?
努力保持梦想。
To try to keep a dream alive.
我很自私,唐。
I’m selfish, Don.
我想要一个我曾经爱过并结过婚的男人。
I want the man I was in love with and married.
我不会让你这样对自己。
I won’t let you do this to yourself.
我不会袖手旁观让公♥司♥
And I’m not gonna stand by and let the company
落入达力这样的懦夫手中,
fall into the hands of a weakling like Dudley,
或者像肖这样的加法器。
or an adding machine like Shaw.
生命太多了。整个城镇都岌岌可危。
There are too many lives involved. The whole town is at stake.
特雷德韦必须活着。
Tredway has got to be kept alive.
艾弗里·布拉德必须活着,不是吗?
Avery Bullard’s got to be kept alive, isn’t that what you mean?
你想坐在他的椅子上做他的鬼魂。
You want to sit in his chair and be his ghost.
你甚至开始听起来像布拉德了。
You’re even beginning to sound like Bullard.
哦,我们不要。
Oh, let’s not.
大学教师。
Don.
唐。。。-嘿,爸爸!
Don… – Hey, Pop!
再见,迈克。
Later, Mike.
天哪。他甚至没问我谁赢了比赛。
Gee whiz. He didn’t even ask me who won the game.
别担心,亲爱的,他会的。
Oh, don’t worry, sweetie, he will.
你好?
Hello?
不,他刚离开。
No, he just left.
玛丽,这很重要。
Mary, this is very important.
我要你给塔台打电♥话♥,抓住唐,
I want you to call the Tower, get hold of Don,
让他把会议推迟到我到那里。
and have him delay the meeting until I get there.
这是正确的。告诉他推迟投票。
That’s right. Tell him to hold up the voting.
正确的。
Right.
你确定格林先生会从这边过来吗?
You sure Mr. Grimm will be coming through this way?
对。
Yes.
特雷德韦公♥司♥。下午好。
Tredway Corporation. Good afternoon.
喂?
Hello?
请在那边,路易吉。
Over there, please, Luigi.
请靠窗。-是的,马丁小姐。
By the window, please. – Yes, Miss Martin.
谢谢,路易吉。
Thanks, Luigi.
路易吉,请不要进他的办公室。
Luigi, don’t go in his office, please.
艾丽卡,奥尔德森先生到了吗?-我没见过他。。。
Erica, has Mr. Alderson arrived yet? – I haven’t seen him…
他打电♥话♥给我了吗?有消息吗?-为什么,不,沃林先生。
Well, did he call me? Any messages? – Why, no, Mr. Walling.
特雷德韦小姐在吗?-是的,她在布拉德先生的办公室。
Is Miss Tredway here? – Yes, she’s in Mr. Bullard’s office.
她把一些私人文件放在他的保险箱里了。
She left some of her personal papers in his safe.
她坚持要我帮她打开。-哦。
She insisted I open it for her. – Oh.
沃林先生。
Mr. Walling.
有。。。
Is there…
有什么我能做的吗?
Is there anything I can do?
谢谢,艾丽卡。
Thanks, Erica.
特雷德韦小姐,我想和你谈一会儿。
Miss Tredway, I’d like to speak to you for a moment.
我知道你的感受。
I know how you feel.
那就让我一个人呆着吧。
Then let me alone.
我不想打扰你,但这很重要。-重要吗?
I hate to bother you, but this is important. – Important?
这和公♥司♥有关。-公♥司♥。
It has to do with the company. – The company.
我不想再听到任何关于它的话。
I don’t want to hear another word about it.
我要对肖先生说的话我都说了。
I’ve said all I’m ever going to say to Mr. Shaw.
肖?
Shaw?
我已经给了他充分的指示。
I’ve given him full instructions.
特雷德韦小姐,我不想让你认为我在这里。。。
Miss Tredway, I don’t want you to think that I’m here…
劝我不要卖♥♥完?
To urge me not to sell out?
再过一分钟,奥尔德森先生就会进来,
In another minute, Mr. Alderson will come in,
也不要催我不要卖♥♥完。
also not to urge me not to sell out.
我不明白你的意思。
I don’t know what you mean.
这个,沃林先生!一无所有的葬礼柴堆!
This, Mr. Walling! The funeral pyre of nothing at all!
祝你旅途愉快,朱莉娅。
Bon voyage, Julia.
对不起,你不能再多待了。
Sorry, you couldn’t stay longer.
特雷德韦小姐,你不能让这个。。。
Miss Tredway, you mustn’t let this…
哦,不。不,你不能,茱莉亚。你不能不讲理。
Oh, no. No, you mustn’t, Julia. You mustn’t be unreasonable.
我们不想那样,是吗?
We wouldn’t want that, would we?
好了,好了,亲爱的。你会没事的。那是个好女孩。
There, there, my dear. You’ll be all right. That’s a good girl.
你拥有世界上的一切生活:
You’ve got everything in the world to live for:
金钱,智慧,美丽。
Money, brains, beauty.
所以,你就坐在这里等着。
So, you just sit here and wait.
如果你等得够久,就说,
And if you wait long enough, say,
10年或20年,
10 or 20 years,
也许会有别的事情发生。
maybe something else will happen.
因为你知道,茱莉亚,不管事情有多可怕,
Because you know, Julia, no matter how horrible things are,
他们总是会变得更糟。
they can always get worse.
特雷德韦小姐?
Miss Tredway.
你说了些关于肖先生的指示。
You said something about instructions to Mr. Shaw.
是的,沃林先生。
Yes, Mr. Walling.
Julia Tredway的股份,
The holdings of Julia Tredway,
Tredway公♥司♥39500股普通股。
39,500 shares of common stock of the Tredway Corporation.
就在那里,就在那里,就在那里。
There it is, there it was, and there it goes.
清算将是迅速的,但很快。我引用肖先生的话。
The liquidation will be prompt, but swift. I quote Mr. Shaw.
你不会把你的股票投入公开市场吧?
You’re not going to throw your stock onto the open market, are you?
我不知道也不在乎。肖先生会处理一切的。
I don’t know and I don’t care. Mr. Shaw will take care of everything.
你不能那样做!你把公♥司♥卖♥♥了,
You can’t do that! You’re selling out the company,
艾弗里·布拉德的公♥司♥,你父亲的公♥司♥。
Avery Bullard’s company, your own father’s.
除了孤独和猝死,我还能从中得到什么?
What did I ever get out of it but loneliness and sudden death?
除了看到他们的背,我还能从他们身上得到什么?
What did I ever get out of them but the sight of their backs?
布拉德给了你一切。
Bullard gave you everything you have.
如果不是他,就没有股票了。
There wouldn’t be any stock if it hadn’t been for him.
你根本就不会在这里。
You wouldn’t be here at all.
我给了他10年的生命和我所有的爱!这还不够吗?
I gave him 10 years of my life and all my love! Isn’t that enough?
拜托,拜托,走开。
Please, please, go away.
特雷德韦小姐,在这个会议上。。。-我不感兴趣。
Miss Tredway, at this meeting… – I’m not interested.
但你肯定想看到我们选出一个代表。。。
But surely you want to see us elect a man who will stand for…
我告诉过你,我不在乎。对我来说没什么区别。
I told you, I don’t care. It won’t make any difference to me.
好吧,不管你在乎与否,你的选票都会算数。
Well, whether you care or not, your vote will count.
肖先生有我的代理人。现在,你能让我一个人呆着吗?
Mr. Shaw has my proxy. Now, will you let me alone?
如果你想刺死一个人,为什么不自己动手,
If you wanna stab a dead man, why don’t you do it yourself,
而不是让别人替你做?
instead of having someone else do it for you?
离开这里。-去吧,卖♥♥完!
Get out of here. – Go on, sell out!
粉碎他活着的一切!这就是你想做的,不是吗?
Smash everything he lived for! That’s what you wanna do, isn’t it?
回报他对公♥司♥的爱超过了他对你的爱?
Pay him back for loving the company more than he could love you?
你能离开这里吗?
Will you get out of here?
你好,沃利。-卡斯韦尔。
Hello, Wally. – Caswell.
没用。我试过了,只是水。
No use. I tried, it’s only water.
剩下的钱呢?-别担心,他们会来的。
Where’s the rest of this séance? – Don’t worry, they’ll be here.
哦,你好。
Oh, hello.
来点三手杜松子酒怎么样?
How about a little three-handed gin?
就我个人而言,我更喜欢喝点苦艾酒来代替马提尼。
Personally, I prefer to have a little vermouth-played martini instead.
早起的鸟儿不能抓住虫子,
A must for the early bird who fails to catch the worm,