Kenneth, this is such a surprise.
你跟我说起这旅馆老板是个小美人的时候
When you told me of an island run by a quaint little landlady
原来说的就是戴芬妮·卡梭
I had no idea it was Daphne Castle.
是啊 戴芬妮 把我们领到房♥间去吧
Yes, quite. Daphne, I wonder if we could go to our rooms.
我们累了
It’s been a long journey.
当然
Oh. Certainly.
安德烈
Andreas!
如果你人手不够 就让肯尼斯拎箱子吧
If you’re short-staffed, Kenneth can easily carry the bags.
一会给你们送去
They’ll be brought up in a minute.
晚上8点有鸡尾酒会
There’ll be cocktails tonight at eight o’clock.
你好好地歇会儿 养养神 阿琳娜
Do have a good, long, peaceful rest, Arlena.
您一定是霍勒斯·布拉特爵士介绍来的 请您 请您登个记
Oh, you… you must be Sir Horace Blatt’s friend. Perhaps… Perhaps you’ll sign in.
原来您是著名的赫尔克里·波洛
Oh, so you’re the famous Hercule Poirot, eh?
-您倒是心直口快夫人 -算是吧
-You are too amiable, madame. -Perhaps.
我希望您不是来暗中调查我的客人的吧
I hope you haven’t come to practise your sleuthing games on my guests.
他们个个都有些难言之隐
They’ve all got far too many skeletons in their cupboards
是不会和您合作的
to join in with enthusiasm.
我毫无打扰您和您客人的意思 夫人
It’s not my intention to derange you or your guests, madame.
旅游期间 我只想你们能够服务周到
Pendant les vacances my desires are simply a good valet,
早晨8点整
a… tisane de menthe poivrée
给我送来一杯香喷喷的薄荷茶
at eight o’clock in the morning precisely,
再拿一点蜡 一点蜂蜡 给我擦一擦皮鞋
and of course some wax, some beeswax for my shoes. That’s all.
其实今年吉尔伯特在事业上毫无起色
Actually, Gilbert had nothing to do with the success this season.
这些人哪 真不知道拿他们怎么办才好
Oh, my God, I really don’t know what we are going to do about them.
我觉得米勒夫妇实在太过分了
I really do think that the Millers have gone too far.
吉利是我的老朋友 雷克斯
Gilly is my oldest friend, Rex.
这我今天才听说
Oh, God, I didn’t know that!
-吉利是麦拉的老朋友 -我刚才告诉过他了奥德尔
-Gilly is Myra’s oldest friend. -I just told him, Odell.
你知道吉尔伯特是怎么议论女王的吗
Did you hear what Gilbert said about the Queen?
不知道
No.
你看 吉尔伯特说
Well, you see, Gilbert said…
你知道女王叫吉利什么吗
Do you know what the Queen called Gilly?
你喜欢这吗
Enjoying it?
我不想吃 这个很好喝 能不能 谢谢
I couldn’t have one. This was delicious, if I could… Thank you.
喝点什么吗 波洛先生
How about a cocktail, Monsieur Poirot?
我们这有各色各样的花色鸡尾酒
White Lady, a Sidecar, Mainbrace or Between the Sheets?
不 我要一杯黑的甜酒 或者香蕉蜜汁酒
No, if I could have a crème de Cassis or a sirop de banane.
-香蕉蜜汁酒有吗 -有的先生
-Do you have banana syrup? -Certainly.
哎呀
Oh, my!
就我来晚了
I’m the last to arrive!
吃根香肠吧
Have a sausage, dear.
你在屋里耗到现在 大概饿坏了吧
You must be famished, having to wait all that time in your room.
认识雷德芬夫妇吗 克里斯蒂娜和帕特里克
Have you… Have you met the Redferns? Christine and Patrick.
-阿琳娜亲爱的 -我的大主角
-Arlena, darling… -Arlena, my favourite leading lady!
你们也来了 奥德尔 麦拉
Why, if it isn’t Odell and Myra!
你们到这儿来干嘛
What on earth are you two doing here?
我们正在找你 阿琳娜 请你来当大主角
It’s wonderful to see you, Arlena. We have a fabulous show for you.
这个戏一定能轰动 宝贝
Oh, it’s a real humdinger, honey!
奥德尔说我们一定要亲自到这里来找你谈一谈
Odell insisted that we both come over here together to see you personally.
是吗 你们太好了 可惜我现在不演戏了
Well, it’s very sweet of you. But I’m sort of retired, you know.
我已经改行了 见过我丈夫吗
This is my new audience. Have you met my husband?
您好
How do you do?
您好 这个戏太好了 你不会不演戏的
How do you do? You’ll change your mind. You won’t be able to resist this one!
基拉就想演
Keeler’s mad to do it.
不过我们想听听你的意见再说
But we’re holding her off until you have a chance to look at it.
柯恩还专门为这个戏作了曲
And Kern, he’s done some of the best music…
阿琳娜 亲爱的 见到你真是太高兴了
Arlena, darling, it’s simply sensational to see you again!
-你好雷克斯 -您好我是肯尼斯·马歇尔
-Hello, Rex. -How do you do? I’m Kenneth Marshall…
对不起 我一定要跟你谈谈 阿琳娜
Excuse me. I must talk to you, Arlena darling.
急什么 雷克斯
Not now, Rexy-poo.
谢谢
Thank you.
干杯
Cheers.
你早啊 琳达 你那可爱的妈妈呢
Good morning, Linda. How is your lovely mother?
她不可爱 也不是我妈妈
She’s not lovely and she’s not my mother.
姑娘 没人跟你说过
Darling, didn’t anyone ever tell you
小姑娘犟头犟脑可不好吗
that peevishness is unbecoming in young ladies?
没有 只跟我说过不要和生人说话
No. But they told me not to talk to very strange men.
你们早 加德纳夫妇
Morning, Gardeners!
-早 -你早阿琳娜
-Good morning. -Oh, good morning, Arlena.
今天热得够呛
I think it’s gonna be a hot day.
您早啊 雷德芬太太
Good morning Mrs Redfern.
她还是那么苗条
Well, well, she’s in wonderful shape.
是啊 过去为了那张医生的假证明跟她打官司
Yeah. How much was it we paid Kleinfield, Klausewitz and Stummerhoppen
我们花了多少冤枉钱哪
to contest that phoney doctor’s certificate?
花了两万美金
$20,000.
阿琳娜 你穿着游泳衣真好看
Arlena, darling, you look quite divine in that outfit.
别说了 是你送的 还想干什么
Say no more. It’s yours. Next question?
我有件特别要紧的事
There is something quite frightfully important
-想跟你说 -说吧
-I have to talk to you about. -So talk.
最好私下谈
It’s a bit private.
听见他说的了吧 琳达 滚吧
You heard the little man, Linda. Scram!
说吧 什么事
Well, what is it?
阿琳娜 我想问一下
Arlena, I was wondering
我那本书的清样你看了没有
if you’ve had a chance to read the proofs of the biography yet?
我看了 雷克斯 是一口气把它看完了
Indeed I have, Rex. I simply couldn’t put it down.
我知道你会喜欢的
I knew you’d love it.
亏你把我的出生地点写得那么清 还有出生年月
What a busy bee you’ve been researching exactly where I was born… and when.
你们那儿有史以来
Well, there aren’t too many stars
就出了你一个大明星
were born in Tooting Bec at the turn of the century.
还有我怎么第一次当上《不朽烈焰》的大主角
And the sweet way you wrote about how I landed my first leading role
你也写得那么详细 你怎么知道的
in Flames of Eternity. However did you find out?
我收买♥♥了他妻子
I bribed his wife.
哦 你真鬼
Naughty Rex!
哦 那会儿多年轻 我把它都抛在脑后了
Ah, the days of my youth. But I’ve shoved all that behind me now, Rex.
你把你那本屁书也抛在脑后吧
Which is exactly what you’re going to do with your lousy book.
不过 阿琳娜 在纽约的时候你同意我出版的
But, Arlena darling, you promised. When we were in New York.
我把预支的稿费都花了 这本书一定得发行
I’ve spent the advance. I.. I simply must have that release.
别做梦了
Forget it.
别想让我出丑 让你来发财
You’re not going to barbecue me to keep yourself in sailor suits.
不过 阿琳娜 宝贝 这书
But, Arlena, angel, you must.
我说 别做梦 我不同意发行 我的话完了
I said forget it, I’m not going to sign that release. And that’s final.
你会后悔的 阿琳娜
You’re going to regret this, Arlena.
走着瞧吧
That’s a promise.
您早啊 马歇尔夫人 您早啊 布鲁斯特先生
Good morning, Mrs Marshall. Good morning, Mr Brewster.
您好
Hello.
你好
Oh, hello.
琳达 你来这儿干嘛 是来照看我 还是监视我
Oh, Linda, what are doing here? Acting as chaperone, gooseberry or spy?
想找人聊聊 我一个人太没劲了
I just wanted a chat. I don’t seem to be having much fun.
你想有劲哪 亲爱的 去找海蜇玩吧
If it’s fun you’re looking for, go play with the jellyfish.
哦 天哪 她跑起来像头病骆驼
Oh, my God! She runs like a dromedary with dropsy.
您早啊 夫人
Bonjour, madame.
骚货
Bitch!
不 快放我下来
No, no, put me… Put me down!
快放开我 不 不 不
Put me down! No, no, no, no!
我要喊人了 我要喊人了
I shall cry! I shall, I shall cry!
您不大喜欢水上运动或者日光浴吧 夫人
You do not care for the aquatic sports or the sunbathing, madame.
我也喜欢 可我晒不黑 有点像三色冰激凌
I wish I could. But I don’t go brown. I sort of resemble a cassata.
外头红的 上头一层又是白又是绿的
Pink skin, white blisters, and green in the face.
太不像您的丈夫了
Unlike your husband, I observe.
对 他样样运动都好
No, he manages those things rather well.
有时我想 他一定会觉得我很笨
Sometimes I think he must think I’m an awful goose.
怎么会呢 我这人也不太喜欢运动
But why, madame? I do not indulge in those sports myself
可是说实话 我这个人一点儿不笨
and yet I assure you, I am very far from being… a goose.
您在这儿 波洛先生
Ah, there you are, Monsieur Poirot.
我刚才接到您的朋友霍勒斯爵士的电♥话♥
I… I’ve just had a telephone call from your friend, Sir Horace.
他说有个什么放炮阀门坏了
He says he’s having trouble with his… piffle valve?
这种阀门还没发明出来呢 夫人
Ha! Such a valve still has to be invented, madame.
是啊 您这话说得对 我没听清楚
Well, I dare say you’re right, I wasn’t paying attention.
反正意思是他要晚一天到
Anyway, the result is, he’ll be 24 hours late.
你早 肯尼斯
Good morning, Kenneth.
你要去游泳吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!