别当画匠 他们是在墙上画画的
No, not a painter. Painters paint walls,
小狗也在墙上尿尿
and dogs pee on walls.
要当画家 你会努力吗
You’re gonna be an artist. You gonna work hard?
你要成为我的骄傲
You gonna make me proud?
爸爸 我对这个结果很抱歉
Sorry about how everything’s worked out, Dad.
这不是你的错
It’s not your fault.
我一直在想我长大之后要干什么
I’ve been thinking about what I wanna do when I grow up.
是吗 你决定了吗
Yeah? And what did you decide?
我或许还是当我的艺术家或者
I might still be an artist or I might
我会做一份普通工作 例如一个画匠
just do a normal job, like a painter.
不论你做什么 我都为你感到骄傲
I’d be proud of you no matter what you did.
-真的? -真的
– Really? – Really.
好的
Good.
我告诉过妈妈我不会久留
I told Mom I wouldn’t be long.
-把我的爱带给她 -我会的
– Give her my love. – I will.
再见 爸爸
Well, I’ll see you, Dad.
大卫?
David?
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
爸爸 那不是你的错
It’s not your fault, Dad.
大卫?
David?
大卫?
David?
大卫 收
大卫 圣诞见 爱你的爸爸
真是一段复杂的旅程
Well, it was a big trip.
如果你问我懂得了什么
And if you ask me what I learned,
我会告诉你 我也不清楚
I’d have to tell you I’m not sure.
我想如果我能重来一次
I know if I could do it all over again,
我会对孩子们要求少一些
I would ask less of the kids.
只要他们开心 就是对我最好的报答
As long as they were happy, that would be fine with me.
我想我应该不再
I know I have to stop thinking of
把他们都当做是小孩
them as if they’re still children.
我不能再告诉他们应该怎么做
I can’t tell them what to do anymore.
他们必须找到自己的路
They have to find their own way.
有些时候
And sometimes
你跟我说一些事情
You talked to me about things that
我应该更细心地听
I should have listened to you more carefully.
你把孩子们生活的细节
You presented me with the details
都告诉了我 但我…
of our children’s lives, and I…
我…我忽略了他们
I…I ignored them.
因此…
And for that…
即使你不想听 我知道
But that isn’t what you want to hear, I know.
你想知道最近的消息 好吧
What you want is the news. Well, the news is this.
罗伯特 艾米和萝西答应节假日的时候回来看我
Robert, Amy and Rosie promised to visit me for the holidays.
你知道吗 这次我相信他们
And you know what? This time I believe them.
而大卫…
And David…
大卫…
David…
我希望他能跟你一起过圣诞
I hope he’ll spend Christmas with you.
我回到纽约去买♥♥大卫的作品
I went back to New York to buy David’s painting.
那副肖像 我知道您说的是哪一幅
The portrait, I know which one you mean,
不好意思 已经卖♥♥掉了
but I’m afraid it’s sold.
卖♥♥掉了?
It is sold?
好吧…
Well…
你很熟悉这个艺术家还…
Were you familiar with the artist or…
是的 我…
Yeah, I…
不如我想象中的熟悉 不过没事
Yeah, not as much as I would like to have been, but, yeah.
谢谢
Thank you.
不如留下您的信息
Why don’t you give me your details?
如果我们有大卫的作品 我会通知您的
If anything of David’s comes in, I’ll let you know.
抱歉 请留步
Excuse me? Excuse me?
我刚刚看到你的名字
I just saw your name.
我真傻 我应该发现的
I’m stupid. I should have realized.
没关系
That’s okay.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
你知道 我认识大卫 他曾经
You know, I knew David. He used to
一直在画廊外面徘徊
hang out at the gallery all the time.
而且他也说过 如果不是他爸爸
And he used to say that if it wasn’t for his Dad,
他永远都不会成为一名画家
that he never would have become an artist.
他说 他可能就会刷墙
He said he would have ended up painting walls.
而狗在墙边尿尿
And that dogs pee on walls.
我们可能有一些他的作品放在仓库
Look, we might have something of his in storage.
如果你想要 我会帮你看一下
I can check if you’d like.
-好啊 -好的
– Okay, sure. – Okay.
我不敢说大卫的作品很有商业价值
Now, I won’t pretend David’s work was very commercial.
在这儿
Here it is.
他有自己的风格 而且他并不跟随潮流
He had his own style, and he wasn’t concerned with fashion.
不过就价值而言 我觉得他很独特
But for what it’s worth, I thought he was really special.
谢谢
Thank you.
我是弗兰克 我不在外面 我的意思是
Hello, this is Frank. I’m not out…I mean,
我暂时不在
I’m not here at the moment.
我可能在置办年货呢
I’m probably out shopping for the holidays.
如果你留下口讯 我会打回去 谢谢
But if you leave a message, I will call you back. Thank you.
不要笑 不过我答应
Don’t laugh, but I promised to cook the
今年第一次做火鸡
turkey for the first time this year.
全家人都来了 你抢到了最大的火鸡
I got the whole family coming. What’s the biggest bird you got?
来半打
Half a dozen of them.
买♥♥些贵的红酒来招待孩子们
And treat the children to some expensive wine.
在右边放些红的
You got some reds on the right.
好主意 如果让我说的话
Excellent choice, if I may say so, sir.
-那是最低价了 -这个最低了?
– That’s the sale price. Yeah. – It’s the sale price?
我还在想把旧的树换掉呢
I’m even thinking of replacing the old tree.
如果我把他们便宜一点卖♥♥给你
If I gave it to you for any cheaper,
我就赚不到钱了
I wouldn’t be making any money.
让我把它系紧
Let me tighten it.
它必须…你把它弄太弯了
It has to…you’re letting it droop too much.
我得把它弄送点 看起来如何
I need a little more slack to get around…how does this look?
你开玩笑?
You kidding me?
你的要再弄一下
Yours needs work.
是啊
Yeah.
那是什么声音
What’s that sound?
-那是什么 -火鸡
– What’s that? – Turkey.
-你在掐烤火鸡的时间吗 -是啊
– You’re timing the turkey? – Yeah.
效率可真高
That’s so efficient.
上帝啊
Hey! Jesus!
你完了…
Now you’re…
还没烤好 爸爸 我才看过
It’s not cooked yet, Dad. I just checked it.
你刚刚看了吗
You just checked it?
是啊 汁还是红的
Yeah, the juices are still red.
好吧 不如你继续做土豆 我弄火鸡
Well, why don’t you stick to the potatoes and I’ll do the turkey?
好的
Okay.
这个是你
This is you!
这里有你的名字 还有上面写着三年级
Look, it has your name and the third grade written on its butt.
你记得这个吗
Do you remember that?
我记得什么时候做的
I remember when I made this.
是啊
Yeah.
-爸爸 感觉还好吗 -是啊
– Hey, Dad, are you okay? – Yeah.
看看那只火鸡 外公
Check that turkey, grandpa.
爸爸 那可是只大鸟 最好小心点烤
Dad, that’s a big bird. You’d better cook it properly.
-爸爸 看一下鸡腿 -别担心
– Just check the leg, Dad. – Don’t worry.
-就是看一下 -我会的
– Just to make sure. – I will. I will.
妈妈应该还会
Well, Mom actually would have cooked
再烤30分钟的
it for at least another 30 minutes.
是啊 我还有些关于
Yeah, well, there’s something I need
妈妈的事情要告诉你们
to tell all of you about your mother.
即使我很爱她 而且她是个不错的厨师
As much as I loved her and as a good cook as she was,
在我们一起生活的41年里
in all the 41 years we’ve been married,
她总是把火鸡烤过头了
she always over-cooked the turkey,
每年 我都想告诉她
every single year. I just never had the heart to tell her.
好吧 太好了
All right. Perfect.
亲爱的 能帮我拍拍他的背吗
Hi, honey. Will you help me get him burped?
一起来
There we go.
罗伯特 如果你要 这个就给你吧
This one’s yours, if you want, Robert.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!