And who wouldn’t sympathize with a father in this situation?
爹地!
Daddy!
孩子们!
Children!
爹地,拜托!
Daddy, please!
戴斯蒙多伊在吗?
Is Desmond Doyle here? –
他就坐在那边小隔间里
He’s sitting over there in the booth.
抱歉打扰你们
Sorry to interrupt you.
我是尔尼斯特乔欧李瑞,马场赌徒
I’m Honest Joe O’Leary, racecourse bookie.
我负责保管你的法庭案件成果的帐册
I owned the book on the outcome of your court case.
投♥注♥在你身上的人很多 太好了
The punters backed you heavy. – Great.
我觉得这笔钱我不好意思留着…
I didn’t feel right in keeping this,
所以我想请你收下
so I want you to have it.
天啊
Jesus.
我的天
My God.
只有六百元,所以我想可能够支付 你的法庭费用
It’s only £600, so I thought it might go towards your court costs.
我不知该说什么,欧李瑞先生
I don’t know what to say, Mr. O’Leary.
什么都不用说,多伊先生 你瞧,我也是在孤儿院长大的
You don’t have to say anything, Mr. Doyle. You see, I grew up in an orphanage.
真希望我爸能有你这股勇气
I wish my dad had your guts.
祝你好运,晚安了,各位
Good luck to you. Good night, all.
晚安
Good night.
下个月我们要举办一次比赛
We’re organizing a race next month.
戴斯蒙多伊公益彩票 太好了
The Desmond Doyle Benefit Sweepstake. – Great.
把你的钱押注六号♥ 六号♥
Put your money on Slippery Sam. – Slippery Sam.
大好人,晚安了,愿神祝福你
Grand man. Good night, now. God bless.
这值得庆祝一下,这桌再开瓶酒来
This calls for a celebration. Another round for the table.
帮我弄杯柠檬汁
Make mine a lemonade.
什么? 柠檬汁? 你没事吧,孩子?
What? A lemonade? Are you all right, son?
不,我心情糟透了
No, I’m feeling terrible.
但也许该是我想办法好转时候了
But maybe it’s time I tried to feel better.
杰利
注意看球,孩子
Keep your eye on the ball, son.
挖出来
Dig it out.
挖出来 汤玛斯!
Dig it out. – Thomas!
反射动作不错,你会用的着的 重回爱尔兰球场,我明白
Good reflexes, you’ll need them. – Back in the Irish strip, I see.
帮我看事情看的更透彻 你有在玩橄榄球吗,尼克?
It helps me to see things more clearly. Did you play rugby yourself, Nick?
没有,我知道那是种美式足球 衍变而成的尼安德塔版球类运动
No, I understand it’s kind of a Neanderthal version of American football.
你那么认为吗?
Is that what you think?
没救了
Hopeless.
所以,不管怎样 你们怎会想到要来这球场?
So, anyway, why have I invited you to this sacred turf?
我是有点莫名奇妙 我也是
I was kind of wondering that. – So was I.
我也是,我早上绝不可能来此
Me, too. It’s not exactly how I planned to spend my morning.
你们知道吗…
You know,
当时我软骨受伤,被人抬上担架…
when my cartilage went, and they were taking me off on a stretcher,
我朝上看却看到这位父亲 他的小孩跨坐在他的肩膀上
I looked up, and I saw this father holding his little child up on his shoulders.
他们认为我是个英雄,但你们知道吗?
They thought I was a hero, but you know something?
我好嫉妒那个人,他才是我的英雄
I envied that man so much. He was my hero.
戴斯蒙要的只是孩子能跨坐在他肩膀上
All Desmond wants is to hold his kids up on his shoulders.
我们可以帮你完成那点心愿
We can help you to that.
但怎么做,汤姆? 不能上诉了
But how, Tom? There is no right of appeal.
菲立斯说的很明白了
Ferris made sure of that.
我们不需要上诉
We don’t need an appeal.
只要我们成立一件全新的案件 以完全不同的法规为基准
Not if we bring an entirely new case based on an entirely different principle of law.
我们禁止采用同样因素…
But we’re automatically barred from bringing the same facts
于早听过那些因素的相同法庭
before the same court that’s already heard them.
不是地方法♥院♥就是高等法♥院♥ 没别的地方了
Be it the District Courts or High Courts, we’ve nowhere else to go.
还有个地方可行
There is somewhere else to go.
最高法♥院♥
The Supreme Court.
最高法♥院♥?
The Supreme Court? .
这案子没办法去那里
We can’t go there with this
他们不会受理这种案件 他们只受理大案子
They won’t hear a case like this. They only deal with big stuff.
是的
Yes.
像是和爱尔兰宪法牴触的法律…
Like laws that contravene the Irish Constitution,
我一直在研读
which I’ve been reading.
等一下,等等
Wait a second. Hold on.
这方面有人挑战法律成功吗?
Has anyone ever successfully challenged the law on these grounds?
没有
No.
没有?没有
No? – No.
我觉得我们有何胜算? 谁晓得?
What chance do you think we’ve got? – Who knows?
但我看过原本无望的球队反败为胜例子
But I’ve seen games won by teams without any hope at all.
根本没救了
Bloody hopeless.
晚安,欢迎收
Good evening and welcome
看坎尼的简短会谈的首次报导
to the very first edition of Conversations with Canning
在此惊人发明的新媒体电视上
on this marvelous new medium of the television.
对那些收听我无线电节目的听众来说…
For those of you who listen to my show on the wireless,
希望我长得比你们想像中更好看
I hope I’m even better-looking than you thought.
现在,你们许多人…
Now, many of you
记得上个月令人悲伤的头条新闻:
will remember these sad headlines of last month.
“戴斯蒙的绝望”
“Desmond’s Despair.”
戴斯蒙此刻当然还未绝望
Desmond certainly isn’t despairing at the moment.
事实上,他正坐在这里,就在我身旁…
In fact, he’s sitting here, right beside me
在我们的超现代电视台
in our ultramodern television studio.
他有燃起了新希望的理由 是不是啊,戴斯蒙?
And he’s got new reasons for being hopeful, haven’t you Desmond?
是的!
Yes!
不要紧,你不必用喊的,我们听的很清楚
It’s okay. You don’t have to shout. We can hear you fine.
很公平
Fair enough.
他装扮起来是不是看起来很帅呀?
Doesn’t he look handsome when he smartens himself up?
他在学习,我一直叫他拿我作典范
He’s learning. I’ve always told him he should model himself on me.
…你女儿艾芙琳和两个儿子被非法带走
…that your daughter Evelyn and your two boys are being held illegally.
是的
Yes.
你打算对抗某顶尖人物?
And you’ll be taking on some pretty top people?
对,我们可以请教♥育♥部♥长作证
Yeah. We’re gonna call the Minister of Education as a witness.
我常问我自己 “戴斯蒙多伊的原动力为何呢?”
And I’ve often asked myself, “What drives Desmond Doyle?”
戴斯蒙? 我爱我的小孩
Desmond? – I love my children.
我讨厌一直和他们分离道别
I’m sick of saying goodbye to them all the time.
我只是不想教他们的童年在悲伤中度过
I just don’t want them to spend their whole childhood crying.
审判日期定了吗? 还没有
Has a date been set for the trial? – Not yet.
但我希望孩子们能回家过圣诞节
But I want my kiddies home for Christmas.
回家过圣诞节
Home for Christmas.
真是令人鼓舞的言论,节目最后…
That’s an inspiring note on which to end
坎尼的简短会谈
this little conversation with Canning.
真要命
Holy Jesus.
这玩意老收讯不良
This thing will never catch on.
…我们会密切追踪你的案子
…and we’ll be following your case closely.
现在播放…爱尔兰竖琴的优美旋律
And now, the beautiful strains of the Irish harp.
有好消息,也有坏消息
Some good news, some bad news.
先说好消息, 日期定了 十二月第二周
First, the good news. They’ve set a date. Second week in December.
太好了 开庭审理很好的时机
Great. – It’s a great time to have a trial.
就算法官在圣诞节也会同情 恐怕不是所有人都会
Even judges are sentimental at Christmas. – Not all of them, I’m afraid.
猜猜这回又碰到谁
Guess who we’ve got again.
臭鼬鼠菲立斯? 没错
Ferris the Ferret? – Yes.
显然他已晋升到最高法♥院♥了
He’s been elevated to the Supreme Court apparently.
运气不好
Lousy hack.
跟运气一点关系也没有
Luck’s got nothing to do with it.
若问我意见的话,州政♥府♥安排他过去 是想重挫我们
If you ask me, the State’s planted him there in an attempt to scupper us.
快点吃吧,还有很多
Come on, eat up, there’s plenty more.
吃吧,又大又好吃的香肠
Here, have a nice big fat sausage.
教你们吃了懒得动,可能让你们跑慢点
We’re gonna make you lovely and lazy. Might slow you up a bit.
抱歉,山姆,没你的份 你得比完赛才有得吃
Sorry, Sam, nothing for you. You’re gonna get your feast after the race.
开跑了,现在起点挤满了狗儿
They’re off, and it’s a close-packed field at the start now.
快点!
Come on!
保持住,小子
Stay up there, my boy.
保持住,对!
Stay up. Yes!
难分轩轾,脖子靠着脖子 飞毛腿山姆领先群雄
They’re battling it out, neck and neck. Slippery Sam’s edged in front.
当牠们来到转弯处时…
And as they come around the bend,
飞毛腿山姆更使尽浑身解数
Slippery Sam putting on a tremendous effort.
欧李瑞,你怎会知道?
O’Leary, how did you know?
就说是牠”饥”着想赢吧
Let’s say I knew he was hungry for a win.
大好人 戴斯蒙?
Good man. – Desmond?
爱尔兰时报读者票选你为年度风云人物
The readers of the Irish Times have voted you the Man of the Year.
对此你作何感想? 很荣幸,谁是第二名?
How do you feel about that? – I’m honoured. Who was second?
教宗 很公平
The Pope. – Fair play to him.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!