谢谢 反正我老是晕船
Thanks. – I always get sick on the ferry, anyway.
我刚在想,你知道吗,你跟我… 你真以为我要吻你吗?
I just think, you know, you and I… – Do you really think I’d kiss you now?
好像在吻湿褡褡的啤酒杯垫
It’d be like kissing a soggy beer-mat.
但你刚刚说… 不,我说你必须戒酒
But you just said… – No, I said you have to give up the drink.
得了吧,那是最困难的了
For God’s sake. That’s the hardest thing to do.
那是第二难的 第一难的是让你一家人回来团聚
The second hardest. Getting your family back is the hardest.
哦,我所有一分一毫
Oh, of all the money that ever I had
都花在很好的投资上
I spent it in good company
我所造成的伤害
And all the harm that ever I’ve done
哎呀! 全都报应在我身上
Alas, it was to none but me
如果我有足够钱可花
And if I had money enough to spend
足够空闲时间可坐一会儿
And leisure time to sit awhile
城里有位美丽姑娘
There is a fair maid in this town
已经完完全全掳走我的心
Who sorely has my heart beguiled
她那红嫩的脸颊和朱唇
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips
牢牢困住我的心
I own she has my heart in thrall
斟上一杯离别酒
So, fill to me the parting glass
道声晚安,敬祝各位愉快
Good night and joy be with you all
唱得好,戴斯
Good man, Des.
太棒了,唱得好
Lovely. Good man.
非常感谢各位
Thank you very much, everyone.
你们太好了,愿神祝福你们 希望下星期还能再见到你们
You’ve been wonderful. God bless you all. We hope to see you again next week.
好了,祝福你们,晚安
Okay. God bless. Good night.
走吧
Come on.
你没事吧?
You all right?
戴西,我…
Dessie, I…
看着我,你没事吧? 爸,别这样
Look at me. Are you okay? Dad, come on.
天啊!
Jesus!
爸! 谁帮我找个医生来
Someone get a doctor.
快,强尼! 去找医生来,快!
Here, Johnny! Go and run for a doctor, quick!
我在这里
I’m here.
戴西 我在这,老爸
Dessie. – I’m here, Dad.
孩子… 我们会接他们回来的
The kids. – We’ll get them back.
你和我一起去接
You and I, together.
爸
Dad.
亨利,欧马利神父来了
Henry, it’s Father O’Malley.
要是你听得见的话,唸一下忏悔文
If you can hear me, say the Act of Contrition.
阿门
Amen.
看,天使之光
Look, angel rays.
什么天使之光,亲爱的?
What’s angel rays, love?
是爷爷在让我们明白他在守护我们
It’s Granddad letting us know he’s watching over us.
他是我们的守护天使
He’s our guardian angel.
他告诉我关于天使之光的事
He told me all about angel rays.
老好人
Good old Dad.
我知道他并未离开我们
I knew he wouldn’t leave us.
早安,姬荷莉小姐 多伊先生
Good morning, Miss Gilhooly. – Mr. Doyle.
你收到信没? 什么信?
Didn’t you get the letter? – What letter?
取消约会的信
The one canceling this appointment.
我没收到什么信
I didn’t get any letter.
我今早特地请假来见他
I’ve taken this morning especially off work to see him.
谈谈我家人的事 他人呢?
This is my family we’re talking about. Where is he?
(擅闯者格杀勿论)
天啊
Jesus.
天啊,玛莉和约瑟夫!
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
莱洛! 希吉! 快来!
Lilo! Higgi! Come on!
抱歉,先生,是擅闯者
Sorry, sir. It’s a trespasser.
不要紧,他是我的客户
It’s all right. This is a client of mine.
客户,先生? 是的!
A client, sir? – Yes!
我们约好时间的!
We have an appointment!
有人要来的话,请先让我们知道,先生
Please let us know in the future, sir, if you’re expecting visitors.
你傻笑个什么劲? 你觉得很好玩吗?
What the hell are you smirking at? Do you think this is funny?
你以为你能随意取消约会 待人有如粪土吗?
Do you think you can cancel appointments and treat people like dirt?
多伊先生… 我不是在跟你讲话,美国仔
Mr. Doyle… – I wasn’t talking to you, Yank.
你们穿着体面、事业有成…
All you’re good for’s wearing sharp suits, doing fancy deals,
竟想来钓我们的女人
and trying to get hands on our women.
和我们的鱼! 戴斯蒙,讲理点
And our fish! – Desmond, be reasonable.
很抱歉我错过我们约会…
I’m sorry I missed our appointment,
但我真的已经无能为力了
but there’s really nothing more I can do for you anymore.
真的吗?
Really?
没救我孩子回来你会不好意思吗?
Your being sorry isn’t gonna get my kids back, now, is it?
我相信这位美国仔会很开心…
I’m sure the Yank here is having great fun
看到我这么没出息、没骨气的人
seeing what a lot of bloody spineless jellyfish we’ve got over here.
但你扪心自问,大人物
But ask yourself this, Mr. Big Shot.
万一是你家人呢?
What if it was your family?
你不会不顾一切救他们回来吗?
Wouldn’t you fight tooth and nail to get them back?
还是你只是个没心没肺的混♥蛋♥?
Or are you just another heartless, gutless bastard?
恭喜,戴斯蒙,你刚找到了一名律师
Congratulations. You just found yourself a lawyer.
真的吗?
Is that a fact?
谁? 我
Who? – Me.
那你不是药剂师啰?
So, you’re not a chemist, then?
如果你是美国人,怎会到此开业?
How come you can work over here if you’re a Yank?
事实上,我是爱尔兰人
Actually, I’m Irish.
我出生成长在基肯尼,一直到我九岁
I was born and reared in Kilkenny till I was 9.
后来才搬至美国,
Then we emigrated to the States,
接着又回来这里 在都柏林学院大学研读法律
and I subsequently came back here to study law at UCD.
所以他有资格上爱尔兰法庭辩护
So, he’s qualified to plead in Irish courts.
我长得像美国人对你有困扰吗?
Does my being a Yank bother you?
一点也不,我喜欢美国人
Not at all. I like Yanks.
多数美国人的祖先也是爱尔兰人
Most of them were Irish to begin with anyway.
但我付不起庞大律师费
But I can’t afford to pay you fancy money.
我不是为了钱才做的
I’m not doing this for the money.
你只需筹足够支付我们开销的钱就行了
You’ll just have to raise enough to cover our costs.
好
Right.
我真的很感激你们的帮忙
I really appreciate your help, so I do.
我们会尽力帮你的
We’ll do our best for you.
好,再见了 再见
Right. Cheerio. – Cheerio.
我们会尽力而为? 我们是一起的,朋友
We’ll do our best? – We’re in this together, my friend.
你以为我会和其他事务律师 一块接下这案子吗?
Do you think I’ll take this on with any other solicitor?
我们毫无胜算,不知道你为何接下来
We have no chance. I don’t know why you’re taking it on.
因为我清楚他的遭遇 不是别人而是我自己的错
Because I know what he’s going through, through no one’s fault but my own.
之前离婚我失去了我的亲生孩子
I lost my own kids in that divorce.
你不明白我们要面对什么困难 我很明白我们会面对何种困难
You don’t realize what we’re up against. – I do realize what we’re up against.
你凭什么认为有胜诉的机会? 你和…
What possible chance do you think you have, you and Mr…
多伊先生 多伊先生, 好了
Mr. Doyle. – Mr. Doyle here.
油漆工和什么? 修补匠?
A painter and, what, decorator?
对你来说就是工人
Master tradesman to you.
不谈其它的,费用可是吓人的昂贵
Apart from anything else, it will be prohibitively expensive.
除非是败诉
Only if we lose.
你会败诉的,先生… 比提
You’ll lose, Mr… – Beattie.
你会输的,因为如果你打赢这场官司…
You’ll lose, because if you were to win this case,
整个民法根基将会动摇
the whole basis of family law would be undermined.
相信我,绅士们,那情形不允许发生
And believe me, gentlemen, that will not be allowed to happen.
谢谢你的忠告,先生…
We thank you for your advice, Mr…
可以走了吧?
Shall we?
对了,部长…
By the way, Minister,
你这里装璜很差
your paintwork’s shite.
我们需要一位真正民法专家来指导我们
What we really need is an expert in family law to keep us right.
你知道吗? 我以为你是个专家
You know? – I thought you were an expert.
我二十年没接过民事案件了 只有基本知识
I haven’t done family law in 20 years. I’ve only a working knowledge.
你是指你不懂你所谈的?
You mean you don’t know what you’re talking about?
你不能参考书本吗?
Can’t you read some books?
不像你想像那么简单 法律领域非常诡谲多端
It’s not quite as simple as that. It’s a very tricky area.
还有个难题就是人人都害怕出庭作证
We’ve still got the problem that everyone’s terrified of taking on the Establishment.
那个教我们民法课的叫什么名字?
What was the name of that guy that lectured us about family law?
记得吗? 真正角色 汤姆康诺利
Remember? The real character. – Tom Connolly.
有一位软骨受伤前替爱尔兰 踢橄榄球的康诺利
There was a Connolly who played rugby for Ireland until his cartilage went.
我觉得他闲暇时研究了点法律 会是他吗?
I think he did a bit of law in his spare time. Would that be him?
承蒙各位抬爱,
Gentlemen, I’m flattered by your attentions,
但我两年前就退休了
but I retired two years ago.
简单地说,我不会再出庭辩护了
In short, I can no longer face speaking in court.
先生,你不用出庭辩护 拜伦先生会负责所有辩护部份