– Murder? – Yes, ma’am.
猴子杀了传令兵 然后逃走了
The monkeys have killed their orderly and escaped.
什么? 我不相信 怎么会这样?
What? I don’t believe it. How did it happen?
我不知道 我只知道他们杀了传令兵
I don’t know. All I know is they’ve killed their orderly
然后我接到命令要找到他们
and I have orders to find them.
路上小心 布兰登博士 今晚这里有很多车
Drive carefully, Dr Branton. There’ll be a lot of vehicles in the area tonight.
– 科尼利斯 你做了什么? – 我不是有意杀他的
– Cornelius, what have you done? – I didn’t mean to kill him.
他在取笑佐拉 我只是想拿盘子打他 请相信我
He was teasing Zira, and I thought I’d just hit him with a tray. Please believe me.
我信 科尼利斯 我信 可他们不信
I do, Cornelius, I do. But they won’t.
– 佐拉在哪儿? – 她在那后面 藏在灌木丛里
– Where’s Zira? – She’s back there, hiding in the bushes.
斯蒂薇 她要生了
Stevie, she’s in labor.
天啊 上车
Oh, God. Get in.
斯蒂薇… 你不会把我们带回营地吧?
Stevie… you won’t take us back to the camp?
趴下 我有更好的办法
Get down. I have a better idea.
现在先等等 很快 让我把话说清楚
Now wait a second. Just a moment. Let me get this straight.
你要我为两只逃亡的猿冒入狱的危险吗?
You are asking me to risk imprisonment for the sake of two fugitive apes?
我的回答是一千个
The answer is a thousand times
愿意 当然愿意
yes. Oh, yes.
我这是为了你 也为了斯蒂薇
I do it for you. And for Stevie.
– 为了你们两个杰出的朋友 – 现在是声名狼藉了
– And for your two distinguished friends. – Notorious now.
管他狼不狼藉呢!
To hell with notoriety!
一个丈夫应该做什么? 站在一边 看着他的老婆被侮辱?
What is a husband expected to do? Stand by and see his wife insulted?
上帝啊! 难道我们对彼此侮辱地还不够
Good God! Aren’t we rude enough to each other
要连动物一起侮辱吗?
without having to be rude to animals?
不管怎样 他不是有意杀那个男孩的 那是个意外
And, anyway, he didn’t mean to kill the boy. It was an accident.
我很欣赏你的做法 阿尔芒多
I appreciate what you’re doing, Armando.
你帮我们接生了上一个宝宝 现在你要接生下一个了
Well, you helped deliver our last baby and now you will deliver our next.
路易斯! 你怎么去了这么久?
Lewis! What took you so long?
我得想出个借口 他们以为我在做调查
I had to work out some excuse. They think I’m searching.
– 阿尔芒多已经被当成圣人了 – 哦 称不上
– Armando’s been a saint. – Oh, a minor one.
– 圣弗兰西斯会解决地更好 – 不会!
– Saint Francis would have fixed it better. – Never!
跟赫洛伊丝打个招呼
Say hello to Heloise.
– 这是你的教女 萨鲁米 – 你好 萨鲁米
– And your goddaughter, Salome. – Hello, Salome.
– 在马戏团出生的第一只黑猩猩 – 不 在洛杉矶已经有四只了
– The first chimp ever born in a circus. – No, Los Angeles has had four.
– 洛杉矶的不是马戏团 是动物园 – 纽约人是这么说的
– Los Angeles is not a circus. It’s a zoo. – So New Yorkers say.
路易斯来了
Lewis is here.
路易斯 我对他的死没有责任…
Lewis. I was not responsible for the death…
我知道 但你将要为孩子的出生负责
I know. But you will be responsible for a birth.
– 她怎么样了? – 现在每五分钟就阵痛一次
– How is she? – The pains are every five minutes now.
四分钟
Every four.
听我说 看着赫洛伊丝
Look. Look at Heloise.
她在向一个待产妈妈展示你的未来
She’s showing an expectant mother what to expect.
妈妈
Mama.
叫啊
Say it.
不要浪费你的呼吸和力气
Don’t waste your breath and strength.
你知道两只原始猿生的孩子是没有学过说话的
You know that the child of two primitive apes will never learn how to speak.
我正在练习
I’m getting into practice.
好了 很好
There, that’s good.
来吧
Come on.
我们要叫…
What are we gonna call…
他
Him.
麦洛?
Milo?
恭喜
Congratulations.
不抽?
No?
但是 先生…
But, sir…
队长 我完全明白你对我们最初建立的地方提出的意见
Captain, I’m fully aware that you’ve canvassed the areas we first established.
显然我们是错的 因为你还没有找到他们!
Evidently we were wrong because you haven’t found them yet!
谢谢
Thank you.
现在 迪克森博士 你能在一定误差内确定
Now, Dr Dixon, can you pinpoint the date
孩子的出生日期吗?
of the baby’s birth with any degree of accuracy?
我从没给她做过检查
Well, I never examined her.
但从表面看 我觉得是一周或十天
But, from appearances, I’d say a week to ten days.
如果分娩快到了 她不可能走远 猿猴去哪儿了?
If it’s that close, she can’t have gone far. Where do apes go?
找其它猿猴去了
To other apes.
当然
Of course.
队长 开始对市里所有的大小动物园 马戏团
Captain, start an immediate and systematic search
展开快速系统的搜索
of every menagerie, every zoo, every circus in the city.
我会让市警来支援你
I’ll augment your force with the city police.
随时报告最新情况
And keep me informed about results,
– 不管情况好坏 – 是 长官
– whether positive or negative. – Yes, sir.
– 路易斯会想办法的 – 对不起 我已经把一切都计划好了
– Well, Lewis will think of something. – I am so sorry. I had planned it all so well.
只要一个月 我们就要搬去弗罗里达州的冬季住房♥了
In just one month, we move on to our winter quarters in Florida.
我本来可以送你们到大沼泽地 亲爱的朋友们
I could have released you in the Everglades and, my dear friends,
你们本可以在那之后过上快乐的生活
you might have lived happily ever after.
但是现在… 我能怎么办呢?
But now… what can I do?
你做的已经够我们感谢你一辈子了
You have done enough to make us grateful to you for ever.
我这么做是因为猿类里我最爱黑猩猩
I did it because I like chimpanzees best of all apes.
而你们是黑猩猩里最好的
And you, the best of all chimpanzees.
我这么做是因为我讨厌那些
I did it because I hate those who try to alter destiny,
想要改变不可改变的命运的人
which is the unalterable will of God.
如果人类的命运就是有一天会被统治
And if it is man’s destiny one day to be dominated,
那就拜托上帝 让像你这样的人来统治他吧
then, oh, please, God, let him be dominated by such as you.
我现在唯一能帮你的就是
All I can now do to help you
把这个… 给宝宝
is give you this… for the baby.
– 这是圣弗朗西斯科的圣牌 – 他是谁?
– It’s a medal of Saint Francis of Assisi. – Who is he?
他是一个爱护所有动物的圣人
He was a holy man who loved and cared for all animals.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
我们会把它挂在宝宝的脖子上 当作保护符 怎么样?
We’ll hang it around the baby’s neck. For protection, huh?
– 谢谢 – 不客气
– Thank you. – Yes.
那么现在 亲爱的朋友
And now, my dear, dear friends,
在警♥察♥到来和看客聚集之前
before the police come and the audience gathers,
你们和可爱的宝宝必须走
you and your pretty baby must go.
路易斯已经在路上了
Lewis is on his way.
– 阿尔芒多 – 嗯?
– Armando. – Yes?
我想先跟赫洛伊丝道别
I should like to say goodbye to Heloise first.
要是她能说话 她会说她很伤心的
If only she could speak, she would say how sorry she is.
我知道 但我们能互相理解
I know. But we understand each other.
好吧
All right.
我们最远只能送你到这了
This is as far as we dare to take you.
警♥察♥封锁了所有出城的主要关口
The police have road blocks on every main exit from town.
– 这是你的必需品 – 谢谢
– Here are your supplies. – Thank you.
– 你会看地图吗? – 我是考古学家
– Can you read a map? – I’m an archaeologist.
我还可以画一张
I can even draw one.
好吧 我们在城市边界 这片油田的南边
All right. We’re at the city limits, at the southern edge of this oil field here.
等你们翻过这座山 那里会有更多油井 一个废弃的炼油厂
Once you’re over this hill there are more oil wells, an abandoned refinery
还有到东南部的海港
and a harbor down to the southeast.
这是已经不能出航的旧船的埋葬地
It’s a kind of graveyard for old ships that have become unseaworthy.
我还是孩子的时候在那里玩过 扯远了 在另一端有辆废弃的油船
I used to play there as a kid. Anyway, there’s a derelict tanker at one end.
– 你们可以在那里躲一周 – 一周?
– You could hide there for a week. – A week?
等风头过去 我们可以把你们偷运回马戏团
Until the commotion dies down a bit and we can smuggle you back to the circus.
然后就像阿尔芒多说的 你们可以跟他们到弗罗里达州
Then, as Armando says, you can travel with them to Florida,
在大沼泽地找到你们自己的聚居地 然后快乐地生活
found your own colony in the Everglades and live happily ever after.
是时候该向前看了
It’s time that you were moving on.
– 路易斯 – 嗯?
– Lewis. – Yes?
要是他们找到我们… 我们会被杀死吗?
If they find us… we shall be killed?
基本上是
Ultimately.
那…
Then…
要是那一天来了 给我们个机会自杀吧
give us the opportunity to kill ourselves if that moment should come.
求你了
Please?
我不该这么做 但我猜到你可能会问
I shouldn’t do this, but I guessed you might ask.
你是我亲过的第二个人类
You’re the second human I’ve kissed.
而你是第一个
And you are the first.
快点 佐拉! 现在别拖时间了
Come along, Zira! Now, don’t dawdle.
– 带着孩子的猿猴? – 赫洛伊丝?
– The ape with the kid? – Heloise?
哦 她已经在马戏团待了七年了
Oh, she’s been with the circus seven years now.
孩子的出生在十六天前就登记了
And the baby’s birth was registered 16 days ago.
看他长得多块 这是第一个在马戏团出生的黑猩猩!
Look how he’s growing. The first chimpanzee ever to be born in a circus!
你知道这有多了不起吗?
Do you realize what a distinction that is, huh?
就像是第一个在旱地上出生的鱼一样
It’s like being the first fish to be born on dry land.
没有发现
Nothing.
或者是第一个不用蛋生出来的鸟