But very wet.
婚床是属于两个人的
A marriage bed is made for two,
然而每个可恶的早晨 都是由女人来整理它
but every damn morning, it’s the woman who has to make it.
我们不仅有手 还有头脑
We have heads as well as hands.
我呼吁男性重视我们的能力
I call upon men to let us use them.
觉得怎么样 科尼利斯?
How do you like it, Cornelius?
真野蛮
Beastly.
现在我们即将看到腔躯龙莱迪 一种巨大的食肉恐龙
We are now approaching Antrodemus valens Leidy, a giant flesh-eating dinosaur.
它的学名由希腊语antron和demus组合而成 antron的意思是空心
Its scientific name is a compound of the Greek antron, which means hollow,
demus的意思是躯体框架 也就是脊柱或椎骨
and demus, which means body frame, referring to the backbone or vertebra.
这个小家伙是弯龙马什
Now, this little fellow is Camptosaurus Marsh,
一种原始的鸭嘴形恐龙
a primitive duck-billed dinosaur.
它的学名由希腊语campto和saurus组成
Its scientific name is a compound of the Greek campto,
campto的意思是易弯曲 saurus的意思是蜥蜴
which means flexible or bent, and saurus, which means lizard.
因此它的属名的意思就是”易弯的蜥蜴”
Its generic name therefore is “flexible lizard.”
1879年 耶鲁大学的O·C·马什
In 1879, OC Marsh of Yale University
描述了来自怀俄明州侏罗纪底层的第一个已知种
described the first known species from the Jurassic beds of Wyoming.
其他的标本发现于…
Other specimens have been found throughout…
– 她应该是受惊了 – 受惊 得了吧!
– It must have been the shock. – Shock, my foot!
我怀孕了
I’m pregnant.
科尼利斯回来之前我不会离开
I shan’t leave you until Cornelius is back.
– 不 不 – 不 按我说的 请坐下
– No, no. – No, I insist. Please sit down.
有什么需要吗 佐拉?
Now, is there anything I can get you, Zira?
那个… 我感觉有种奇怪的渴望…
Well… I have a strange craving…
那很自然
That is only natural.
我想喝升级版葡萄汁
For Grape Juice Plus.
– 升级版葡萄汁 – 就在冰箱里
– Grape Juice Plus. – It’s in the refrigerator.
好的
All right.
是这个吗?
Is this it?
来了
Here we are.
路易斯说只能喝一小口
Lewis said only a sip.
佐拉 这是很棒的营养品 我向你保证
Zira, it is an excellent restorative, I assure you,
尤其对孕妇来说 明白吗?
especially in cases of pregnancy, you know?
– 你知道怀孕多久了? – 战争前老早就知道了
– How long have you known? – Oh, since well before the war.
你介意我抽烟吗?
Do you mind if I smoke?
不 你现在这情况我不能抽
Oh, no. I shouldn’t. Not in view of your condition.
你们的战争谁赢了?
Who won your war?
不是我们的战争 是大猩猩的战争
It wasn’t our war. It was the gorillas’ war.
黑猩猩是活平…
Chimpanzees are pashi…
和平主义者
Pacifists.
我们待在后方 连敌人都没见过
We stayed behind. We never saw the enemy.
– 但是哪边赢了? – 都没赢
– But which side won? – Neither.
但是你不在那的话 你又怎么知道的?
But how do you know that if you weren’t there?
我们在太空中看到了明亮耀眼的白色光芒
When we were in space, we saw a bright, white, blinding light.
之后我们看到地球的边缘熔化了
And then we saw the rim of the Earth melt.
之后天空中出现了龙♥卷♥风♥
And then there was a tornado in the sky.
我要困死了
I feel magnificently sleepy.
飞船上的日期表
The date meter on the spaceship.
地球毁灭之后显示的哪一年?
What did it read after Earth’s destruction?
一九…
Nineteen…
七… 三
seventy… three.
之前呢? 出现白光和龙♥卷♥风♥之前?
And before? Before the white light and the tornado?
三九…
Thirty-nine…
五… 几年吧
fifty… something.
– 出现白光和龙♥卷♥风♥之前? – 三九…
– Before the white light and the tornado? – Thirty-nine…
五… 几年吧
fifty… something.
– 所以? – 有证据了 总统先生
– So? – You have evidence, Mr President,
未来智慧猿类会统治地球
that one day talking apes will dominate this Earth
三九五几年还把它摧毁了
and destroy it by 3950-something.
我觉得那时候我们就不再掌权了
I doubt that we shall still be in office by then.
宇航局的专家们
And according to the NASA experts,
还在仔细勘查那艘飞船 他们发现飞船上的仪器上有记录
who are still subjecting the spaceship to microscopic scrutiny,
你所推断的地球毁灭的精确年份
the precise year of what you merely infer to be Earth’s destruction
应该就是公元
is recorded on the flight synthesizer as 3955.
3955年
AD, presumably.
你希望我和联♥合♥国♥
Now, what do you expect me and the United Nations,
虽然未必是这个次序 对此做些什么呢?
though not necessarily in that order, to do about it?
杀害两个无辜者 来改变你所认为的未来吗?
Alter what you believe to be the future by slaughtering two innocents,
应该说是三个 有一个怀孕了
or rather three, now that one of them is pregnant?
希律王曾试图那么干 但基♥督♥死里逃生
Herod tried that and Christ survived.
– 希律王没有我们的发达设备 – 他也因此变得不受欢迎
– Herod lacked our facilities. – He also became very unpopular.
历史上都不受欢迎 我们不想变成他那样 不是吗?
Historically unpopular. And we don’t want that to happen, do we?
– 你是说… – 我是说我们的两位客人
– Are you saying… – I am saying that our two visitors
看起来是很有魅力也很平和的人
seem to be very charming, peaceful people,
或者说生物 选民很喜欢他们
or rather, creatures, and the voters love them.
你希望他们的后代统治地球吗?
Do you want their progeny to dominate the world?
只要下次选举时别统治就行
Well, not at the next election, no.
也许将来我们会发现后代也像父母一样好 谁知道呢?
But, one day, if the progeny turn out as well as the parents, who knows?
他们也许比我们做得更好
They may do a better job of it than we have.
好到把地球毁了?
By destroying the world?
你确定他们看到地球被摧毁了吗?
Are you quite sure that what they saw destroyed was the world?
你不确定吗?
Well, aren’t you?
我冷静地将其看做一种可能
I consider it dispassionately as a possibility.
而不是歇斯底里地认为就是事实
Not hysterically as a fact.
他们的自己的证言也说他们挑起了战争
We have their own testimony that they provoked the war.
他们似乎还惹怒了你
And they seem to have provoked you into the bargain.
我不是说你错了 海瑟伦 但除非你让我确信 你对未来的推断是可靠的
I’m not saying that you’re wrong, Hasslein, but before I have them shot against a wall
否则我不会杀死他们
I want convincing that the handwriting on the wall is calculably true.
现在… 说服我吧
Now… convince me.
通过他们的证言 我们知道
By their own testimony, we know
猿类将会获得语言交流的能力
that apes will acquire the power of intelligent speech.
而通过佐拉的证言 我们知道她现在怀孕了
By Zira’s testimony, we know that she’s pregnant with child.
通过我的证言 我们知道 如果我们允许孩子出生
By my testimony, we know it is genetically possible for this child,
从基因学上讲 它就有可能
provided that we permit its birth,
跟现在的丛林或动物园中的某只普通猿结合
to bear or beget a talking ape by a dumb one
生出一只会说话的猿
in a present-day jungle or a present-day zoo.
但你真的认为 我们现在刻意采取行动
But do you truly believe that by deliberate present-day action
就能消灭那种可能性 或者说改变未来吗?
we can neutralize that possibility and alter the future?
– 是的 总统先生 – 你也认为我们应该采取行动?
– Yes, Mr President, I do. – Do you also believe that we should?
即便我们有能力改变未来 我们有权那么做吗?
Given the power to alter the future, have we the right to use it?
不知道
I don’t know.
我为此绞尽脑汁 总统先生 但还是没找到答案
I’ve wrestled with this, Mr President, and I don’t know.
有多少种未来?
How many futures are there?
如果上帝存在 他为人类选择了哪种宿命?
Which future has God, if there is a God, chosen for man’s destiny?
如果我尽力促成对两只猿的毁灭 我是在违抗上帝的意志 还是在遵从?
If I urge the destruction of these two apes, am I defying God’s will or obeying it?
– 我是上帝的敌人 还是他的工具? – 刺客会说是后者
– Am I His enemy or His instrument? – An assassin would say the latter.
你赞成暗♥杀♥他们?
Do you approve of assassination?
我们宽恕对希♥特♥勒♥的暗♥杀♥
We condoned the attempted assassination
因为希♥特♥勒♥是恶魔
of Hitler because he was evil.
是 但我们会赞成 在他还是无辜婴儿的时候杀死他
Yes, but would we have approved killing him in babyhood when he was innocent,
或者干脆杀死他的母亲甚至远祖吗?
or killing his mother, or slaughtering his remote ancestors?
我们没有证据证明这两只猿是恶魔
We have no proof that these apes are evil.
– 有非常明显的迹象 – 比如?
– There are very strong indications. – Such as?
他们对委员会的回答中有犹豫和矛盾
There were hesitancies and discrepancies in their answers to the commission,
– 我认为如果加以更恰当的审问… – 你是说审问不够恰当?
– Which suggest to me that if properly interrogated… – Are you suggesting that they were improperly interrogated?
– 应该说不够专业 – 你想要更专业的?
– Let us say unprofessionally. – You want it professional?
– 完全专业的 – 跟委员会说吧
– The full works. – Tell that to the commission.
我尊重他们的意见
I’ll abide by their findings.
按总统的要求召集秘密会议之后
Having convened in secret session at the request of the president,
委员会作出以下临时建议
the commission makes these interim recommendations.
一: 应该告知公众 两只猿经过了
One: the public should be informed that the apes,
艰难的航♥空♥旅行和疲劳的公共活动
after their arduous space voyage and the fatigue arising from its publicity,
将会在安排好的秘密处所休息 地址不会公之于众
are to be afforded rest in a location whose identity will not be divulged to the public.
二: 因为有充分理由怀疑他们
Two: since, however, there is justifiable cause for suspecting
对委员会隐瞒了重要事实
that they have withheld vital information from us,
宇航猿事实上已在路易斯·迪克森的陪同下
the ape-onauts will in fact be escorted by Dr Lewis Dixon
前往军事设施11营
to the installation known as Camp 11,
在他的照料下由中情局对猿类进行审讯
held there in his care for interrogation by the CIA
奥托·海瑟伦博士将负责指导和监督
under the guidance and supervision of Dr Otto Hasslein.
我们在太空中看到了明亮耀眼的白色光芒…
When we were in space, we saw a bright, white, blinding light…
比这亮吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!