We are happy to be here. May we be unchained?
– 先生 你有什么要说的吗? – 无可奉告
– Gentlemen, do you have anything to say? – No comment.
无可奉告
No comment.
– 主席 请说句话 – 有一个词可以送给你们: 荒谬
– Mr Chairman, a word. – I will give you a one: preposterous.
– 能详细说明一下吗 主席? – 不 就允许我这么说
– Can you define that Mr Chairman? – No, just let me say this
作为委员会的主席 我们会仔细检查这起古怪事件的真♥相♥
as head of this commission. We will examine the facts of this bizarre affair
并把结论提交给我们的总统作为参考
and pass our conclusions on to the President of our Untied States for implementation.
简直是一堆废话啊
What a load of huggermugger.
无可奉告
No comment.
– 你将如何建议总统应对该种独特的情况? – 无可奉告
– How will you advise the President to handle this unique situation? – No comment.
好吧 海瑟伦博士 您能告诉我们您个人打算怎么处理呢?
All right Dr Hasslein, could you tell us how you personally would handle it?
各位先生 无可奉告
No, gentlemen. No comment.
就这样吧
Yet.
– 你们太棒了! – 非常了不起 那些掌声都是给你们的 但是…
– You were fabulous! – Marvelous. All that applause, but…
但是… 有一个时刻…
But… there was a moment…
– 是的 当他开始问道… – 佐拉
– There was. When he started to ask… – Zira.
– 科尼利斯 我觉得我们应该告诉他们 – 不
– Cornelius, I think we should tell them. – No.
– 我们只告诉路易斯和斯蒂薇 – 佐拉
– But only to Lewis and Stevie. – Oh, Zira.
我必须对一些人说实话
I have to be honest with someone.
科尼利斯 求求你
Cornelius, please.
你来告诉他们
You tell them.
好吧 你瞧…
Well, you see…
我们确实知道泰勒上校 我们非常爱他
We did know Colonel Taylor. We came to love him.
好吧 我不明白如果把这件事情告诉委员会有什么不好吗?
Well, I don’t understand What harm could there be in telling that to the commission?
在我们来的地方
Where we come from,
猿类不太喜欢人类
apes did not love humans.
他们… 把捕猎他们当作运动 就像你们会对动物做的那样
They… hunted them for sport, much as you would animals.
是的 我们会用他们的身体做实验 不管是活的还是死的
Yes, we used their bodies, alive and dead, experimentally.
为了解剖和科学研究
For anatomical dissection and scientific research.
好吧…
Well…
我们也会对动物做同样的事情
We do the same thing to animals.
我的意思是 作为科学家 我对他们表示同情 但是
I mean, as a scientist I sympathize, but
我认为大众不会平和的接收事情的真♥相♥
I agree that’s a revelation the masses would not take kindly to.
我认为你否认知道泰勒上校是正确的
I think you did the right thing in denying knowledge of Colonel Taylor.
还有另一个原因
There was another reason.
什么?
What?
他们一定会问我们他是否还活着
They would have asked if he was still alive.
– 所以他还活着吗? – 哦 他应该已经死了
– And is he? – Oh, no. He can’t be.
– 你怎么知道? – 因为…
– How do you know? – Cos…
透过飞船的窗户…
From the windows of the spaceship…
我们看到地球…
We saw the Earth…
毁灭了
destroyed.
准备开始
Stand by.
晚上好 比尔·邦德斯在洛杉矶为您报道
Good evening. This is Bill Bonds reporting from Los Angeles.
今早爆发了登月以来的最大新闻 两只猩猩说话了
The biggest story since the moon landing broke this morning when two apes talked,
我重复一遍 两只猩猩和总统调查委员会进行了对话
I repeat, talked to the Presidential Commission of Inquiry.
今晚我们邀请到了奥托·海瑟伦博士作为嘉宾
With me this evening is Dr Otto Hasslein.
他是白宫的资深科学顾问
He is a senior scientific advisor at the White House.
他会关于今天在会场上的历史性对话发表自己的看法
He’ll give his views on the crucial statement made at today’s session.
海瑟伦博士 据我回忆 当你问到雄性猩猩他从哪里来时
Dr Hasslein, as I recall, when you asked the male ape where he was from,
– 雌性猩猩回答”来自你们的未来” – 是的
– the female replied “From your future.” – Yes.
你相信她的话吗?
Do you believe that?
确信无疑 我认为这是唯一的解释
Absolutely. I think it is the only explanation.
也许这个解释需要更多的说明
Maybe the explanation needs some explaining.
您已经发表了数篇关于时空特性的资深学术论文
You’ve written several learned dissertations on the nature of time.
您可以用我们能够理解的词汇解释一下吗
Could you explain, in terms we can understand,
比如 一个人或者许多人是如何从过去穿越到未来的时空
how, for instance, a person, or persons, could travel from time past to time future,
或者怎么从未来穿越到过去呢?
or, indeed, vice versa?
邦德斯先生 我认为时空只能被一种人完全理解
Mr Bonds, I think time can only be fully understood
即拥有天赐的可以做无限回归分♥析♥的观察者
by an observer with a godlike gift of infinite regression.
你能为我们解释一下”无限回归分♥析♥”吗?
Could you explain “infinite regression” for us?
– 播放影片 – 非常乐意 事实上我有备而来正是为此
– Roll the film. – I’ll be more than happy to. As a matter of fact I came prepared to do just that.
现在 我们可以看到一幅风景画
Now, here’s a painting of a landscape.
画这幅画的画家说 “缺点东西 是什么呢?”
Now, the artist who painted that picture says “Something is missing. What is it?”
“是我自己 我也是我所画风景的一部分”
“It is I myself who was part of the landscape I painted.”
于是他在头脑中后退了一步
So he mentally takes a step backward,
或者说倒♥退♥ 然后画了一幅画家在画风景画的画
or regresses, and paints a picture of the artist painting a picture of the landscape.
但还是缺东西
But still something is missing.
也就是正在画第二幅画的他自己
That something is still his real self painting the second picture.
于是他再倒♥退♥一些 画了第三幅画
So he regresses further, and paints a third.
一副一个画家在画一个画家在
A picture of the artist painting a picture
画风景画的画
of the artist painting a picture of the landscape.
然后因为还是缺东西 他又画了第四幅和第五幅
And because something is still missing, he paints a fourth and a fifth
直到他画出一个画家在画一个画家
until he paints a picture of the artist painting a picture
在画一个画家
of the artist painting a picture
在画一个画家在画风景画的画
of the artist painting a picture of the artist painting a landscape.
所以无限倒♥退♥就是…
So infinite regression, then, is…
就是画家倒♥退♥至无限远点的时刻
It is the moment when our artist has regressed to the point of infinity
这时候他自己变成了他所画风景的一部分 他既是观察者也是被观察者
and himself becomes part of the landscape he painted, and is both the observer and the observed.
在那种特殊情况下 如果说他在观察时间的话
In that peculiar condition, what would he be observing
他会看到什么呢?
if he were observing, let’s say, time?
他会发觉时间就像一条拥有
He would perceive that time is like a freeway
无限多车道的高速公路
with an infinite number of lanes,
所有车道都从过去通向未来 然而通向的是不同的未来
all leading from the past into the future, however, not into the same future.
有可能车道A的司机撞车了 而车道B的司机安然无恙
A driver in lane A may crash, while a driver in lane B survives.
因此可以说 一位司机 通过改变车道 就能改变他的未来
It follows that a driver, by changing lanes, can change his future.
不难相信 在外太空黑暗而动荡的走廊中
It is not difficult to believe that in the dark and turbulent corridors of outer space,
受某些遥远行星的 甚至银河的灾难的影响
the impact of some distant planetary, even galactic, disaster
将这些猿送到了我们的时代
jumped the apes from their present into ours.
确实 证据就是他们已经到了我们这
Indeed, the proof lies in their arrival among us
而且他们证言也是这么说的
and in their spoken testimony.
非常感谢 海瑟伦博士
Thank you very much, Dr Hasslein.
这是我所报道过的最令人难以置信的故事
It’s the most incredible story this reporter has ever covered.
我想 这两位”宇航猿”已经通过
I think that by their intelligence and good humor,
他们的智慧与幽默
the so-called “ape-onauts”
俘获了全美国人♥民♥的心
have already captured the hearts of the entire American nation.
明天的委员会听证会之前不会要求他们露面
They will not be required to appear before the commission tomorrow.
那场听证会也会在私下召开
That hearing is going to be held in private.
但他们会从动物园医院转移到一家酒店
They will, however, be taken from the zoo infirmary to a hotel
也会有人带他们好好游览一下本市
and given an extended tour of the city.
这里是目击者新闻 我是比尔·邦德斯 晚安
This is Bill Bonds, reporting for Eyewitness News. Good night.
晚安
Good night.
– 你的行李 女士? – 当然是我的了!
– Your luggage, ma’am? – Of course it’s mine!
地址是?
Address, please?
动物园
The zoo.
四十
40.
能量下你的内侧腿长吗 先生?
May I measure your inside leg, sir?
– 不行! – 噢
– No! – Oh.
科尼利斯博士 你觉得我们的女性怎么样?
Dr Cornelius. Tell me, how do you find our women?
很人类
Very human.
说得好!
Very good!
打扰一下
Excuse me.
佐拉女士 我代表宠物杂♥志♥”皮毛和羽毛”…
Madam Zira, I represent Fur and Feather, a pet magazine…
你认为我是宠物吗?
Do you think I’m a pet?
我确实这么认为的
Well, yes, I do rather.
来点这个怎么样?
Say, why don’t you try some?
– 这是什么? – 类似于升级版葡萄汁
– What is it? – It’s sort of like grape juice plus.
慢点 就喝一小口
Wait, just a sip.
佐拉女士 你最喜欢什么水果?
Madam Zira, what is your favorite fruit?
葡萄
Grape.
这就是今晚贝弗利·维谢尔酒店的情况
And that’s the way it was tonight at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
明天 佐拉将会在海湾地区妇女俱乐部发言
Tomorrow, Zira is to speak at the Bay Area Women’s Club.
之后她将陪同海瑟伦博士参观自然历史博物馆
She’ll then accompany Dr Hasslein to the Museum of Natural History.
同时 科尼利斯将观看一场酬金拳击赛… 这是他首次观看
Meanwhile, Cornelius will attend a prizefight… that’s his first one.
然后 他将来到迪斯尼乐园 参加丛林巡航项目的一艘新船的下水仪式
Later, he’ll visit Disneyland to dedicate a new boat for the Jungle Cruise.
现在关注一下天气 晴朗的加州明天将不复晴朗
Now for a look at the weather. Sunny California will not be that tomorrow.
沿海地区出现多云天气 预计还将有小阵雨
Clouds will cover the coastal area with light showers predicted.
– 累吗? – 有点
– Tired? – A little.
感觉怎么样?
How is that?
很柔滑
Soothing.
但很湿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!