* And though I could never woo her *
∮ 我对她的爱之死不渝 ∮
* I’ll love her ’til I die *
∮ 你肯定听到了我的女神 ∮
* Surely you heard my lady *
∮ 在花♥园♥里歌♥唱 ∮
* Go down the garden singing *
∮ 所有的鸟儿都不出声了 ∮
* Silencing all the songbirds *
∮ 听着早晨的吟唱 ∮
* And setting the earlies ringing *
∮ 你肯定看到了我的女神∮
* But surely you see my lady *
∮ 就在花♥园♥里 ∮
* Out in the garden there *
∮ 比阳光还灿烂 ∮
* Rivalling the glittering sunshine *
∮ 满头的金发 ∮
* With the glory of golden hair *
对不起
Excuse me.
Do you know that piece from The Beggar’s Opera?
你知道Beggar歌♥剧中的那一章节吗?
– Oh, yes. – Shall we?
– 是的 – 我们能来一首吗?
∮ 少女就像花朵 ∮
* Virgins are like the fair flower *
∮ 闪着光彩 ∮
* In its luster *
∮ 在花♥园♥里 ∮
* Which in the garden *
∮ 点缀着大地∮
* Enamels the ground *
∮ 蜜蜂在旁边嗡嗡叫着 ∮
* Near it the bees in play *
∮ 拍动着翅膀 ∮
* Flutter and cluster *
∮ 美丽的蝴蝶 ∮
* And gaudy butterflies *
∮ 嬉笑玩耍 ∮
* Frolic around *
她弹得好吗?
Isn’t she playing marvelously?
是的…
Yes.
你把马车借给她真是好心…
How sweet to have lent your carriage to her…
所以现在她弹琴的手才够暖和
So that her fingers would be warm enough for the performance.
你的表演也很精彩
Your playing was lovely.
– 可比不上 Miss Fairfax – 不!
– Much inferior to Miss Fairfax’s. – No!
不,你做得不错
No. It was… very elegant.
∮ 腐烂,死去 ∮
* Rots, stinks and dies *
是 Campbell一家给她的礼物吧?
Was not that sweet of the Campbells to give her so generous a gift?
我可不喜欢惊喜
I don’t approve of surprises.
欢乐倒没增加多少,倒是带来了很多不便
The pleasure is never enhanced, and the inconvenience is considerable.
你那样说Campbell,就猜错了
Bad judgment on the Campbell’s part.
Miss Fairfax,我们再来一曲吗?
Miss Fairfax, shall we sing another?
那家伙只知道炫耀自己
That fellow thinks of nothing but showing off.
Jane的嗓子会唱哑的,Miss Bates?
Jane will sing herself hoarse. Miss Bates?
– 是吗 Mr Knightley? – 你应该让她歇一歇了
– Yes, Mr. Knightley? – You must put a stop to this.
– 她会不舒服的 – 你真的这么想?
– She’ll make herself ill. – Oh, do you think so?
– 是的 – 好,我来叫她,Jane?
– Yes. – Well, I shall. Jane?
– 什么事 姑姑? – 亲爱的,我想跟你说…
– Yes, Aunt? – Dear, I wonder if I might say a word to you…
你和 Mr Churchill的合唱
before you and Mr. Churchill begin another song.
你的嗓音真的很美,Jane
Your voice is so lovely, Jane,
我想你应该
I think you should make every…
Miss Woodhouse
Miss Woodhouse,
请原谅我的冒昧,我的舅母病了
you must forgive my intrusion, but my aunt has become ill.
倒不很严重,不过我在她跟前也许是个安慰
It is nothing serious, but my presence might bring her solace.
所以,我得离开这了 虽然我只需要告诉我父亲
Therefore, I must return. And although I expect my father at any moment,
不过我还得到你这来一趟
I could not leave without stopping here.
你不到你的朋友 Miss Fairfax 和 Miss Bates 那里去?
Not even five minutes to spare for your friends, Miss Fairfax and Miss Bates?
– 真不巧! – 不,在来这的路上我已经去过了
– How unlucky! – No. I stopped there on my way here.
他们太好了,我不想大惊小怪的
After all their kindness, I don’t wish to slight them.
但我想的不是Bates也不是我的舅母
But it is not the Bates nor my aunt that occupies my thoughts…
在我离开的时候
as I prepare to leave.
我有些私话得告诉你
There is something much more personal that I must say to you.
你肯定也知道我已经…
I think you can hardly be without suspicion that I have developed…
对某个人有感情了,这个人很温柔,很有爱心
certain feelings for someone of a most tender and devoted nature,
我一直在隐藏这种感情
which so far I have striven to hide.
是的,你总是让我感到很亲切
Yet you have always made me feel so wonderfully at ease,
自从我到这就遇到了你这样的朋友…
such a friend, since my very arrival…
现在没有必要在对你隐瞒这种感情了
that it not longer seems honorable to keep them from you.
简短的说吧,Miss Woodhouse 我不得不对你说
In short, Miss Woodhouse, I cannot help but say to you…
Mr Weston
Mr. Weston.
Mrs Weston已经答应给我们传递消息
Mrs. Weston has promised to correspond.
有她这样的信使真是太好不过了
The blessings of a female correspondent when one wants news.
她下一封信上我就会在Hilbury了
In her letters I shall be at Highbury,
我还会回来的
and here again… with you.
他爱上了我
Well, he loves me.
要不是他父亲正好进来,他就说出来了
He was on the verge of telling me when his father burst in.
他走后我有点低落,时有头疼
I felt listless after he left and had some sort of headache,
我也可能爱上他了
so I must be in love as well.
我必须说明,我期待的爱情可不是这样的
I must confess I expected love to feel somewhat different than this.
他走后,我可以感觉到我对他的爱有多深
I may determine how deep a love I feel through his absence.
真希望他明天就回来 因为明天我有一件难事要办了
How I wish he would be here tomorrow because there is a grim job to be done.
Mr Elton会带他新结婚的妻子来喝茶
Mr. Elton is bringing his new wife to tea.
你知道吗,你们家让我想起了Maple Grove
Oh, you know, your home reminds me of Maple Grove,
– 我哥哥Mr Suckling住的地方 – Suckling
– which is the seat of my brother, Mr. Suckling. – Suckling.
– 大厅?房♥子的大小? – 是的
– The hall? And the size of the rooms? – Yes.
我太惊讶了
I’m really quite struck by it.
我甚至幻想自己就住在这
I almost fancy myself there.
很高兴你喜欢这
I’m glad you can feel so at ease.
我的兄弟姐妹也会喜欢的
My brother and sister will be enchanted with this place.
人们总有很多理由结识新的朋友…
People who have extensive grounds are always pleased to meet other people…
很多理由
with extensive grounds.
恐怕你过奖了 Hartfield Surrey 是个很美的地方
I’m afraid you overrate Hartfield. Surrey is full of beauties.
别提 Surrey了!我总是说那个地方是 英国的花♥园♥
Don’t tell me about Surrey! I always say it is “the garden of England.”
是的,不过很多地方人们都那样叫
Yes, but many counties are called that.
哦?我想不是吧
Oh? I fancy not.
我只听过人们这样称呼 Surrey
I never heard any county but Surrey called so.

Mmm. Hmm.
哦!啊
Oh! Ah.
我对其他地方了解很少
Well, I know little of other places.
我们是那种
We are… a quiet set of people.
– 喜欢呆在家里的人 – 是的
– More disposed to stay at home. – Yes.
那个地方对你父亲的身体有好处
Your father’s health must be a great drawback to your seeing the country.
他为什么不去Bath?那对他有好处!
Why does he not try Bath? It would do him the world of good!
他以前去过,可没收到任何好处
He has… tried it before without receiving any benefit.
他只要精神饱满一点就好了
Oh, it will do him good if only to improve his spirits,
我想他太压抑了
which, I understand, are sometimes much depressed.
你一定得带他去!我说…
You must take him! A line from me and…
你在那个地方会遇到很好的一群人
you would have some of the best society in the place.
我的好友Mrs Partridge也在那
And my particular friend there, Mrs. Partridge…
谢谢你,不过我们是否去Bath 不需要在此讨论吧
Thank you, but our going to Bath is out of the question.
Mrs Elton,我还不知道你对音乐怎么样呢
Mrs. Elton, I have not asked you if you are musical,
人们都夸奖你很棒
and that is because your reputation has preceded you.

Oh, well…
镇上的人都说你演奏得很好
All the town knows you are a superior performer.
– 我确实喜欢音乐 – 是的,我太太…
– Well, I am dotingly fond of music. – Yes, my wife…
我的朋友说我的品位还不错
And my friends say I’m not entirely devoid of taste.
实际上 Mr “E”向我求婚时,我就告诉他
In fact, I told Mr. “E” when he asked me to marry,
我不像以前那样需要两驾马车了
I said I did not have to have two carriages as I did before,
房♥子都可以再小一点
and I could even accept a smaller house.
我以前的房♥子大得多
My house before was a good deal roomier, I assure you.
但是,这都不重要了
But, no, the world is not necessary to me…
因为这里才更好
because I am blessed with so many resources… in here.
不过,没有了音乐我的生活就会一片空白
“But,” said I, “without music my life would be a blank.”
你我应该办一个音乐俱乐部
In fact, you and I must establish a musical club!
这样我们可以定期在你这或我家聚会
We could have regular meetings at your house or ours.
因为我不想浪费自己的才能
Because I don’t want to give up my talent.
– 是吧? – Mrs Elton
– Do I? – Mrs. Elton,
我想这会是天大一件事…
I am certain it would take something more dramatic than a change of towns…
如果不让你发挥自己的伟大才能的话
to dislodge a thing as great as your talent.
我自己刻没说伟大这两个字
Oh, well, I myself don’t call it great.
只是我的朋友这么认为
I only know that my friends think so.

Ooh! Mmm.
我们见过了 Westons
We met the Westons.
我很喜欢她
Mmm, she is already a favorite with me.
她真的很淑女,我很惊讶!
And I was astonished that she was so ladylike!
她以前是你的家庭教师吧?
Was she not your governess?
Mrs Weston谦虚态度值得所有的女人学习
Mrs. Weston’s modest propriety makes her a model for any woman.
你知道我们在那的时候谁进来了吗?
Do you know who came in while we were there?
我想不出

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!