It looks as though it will be a very rewarding holiday for her.
我一直都在盼望着这个夜晚
I am so looking forward to this evening.
宴会就是宴会罢了 不过这可是个圣诞宴会呀
A party is a party, but a Christmas party!
Miss Smith 呢?
Where is Miss Smith?
我有些不好的消息
I have some sad news.
Miss Smith病了,她今晚不来了
Miss Smith is ill and cannot be with us this evening.
我们真是一大损失呀
Sad loss to our party.
大家每时每刻都会想她的
She will be missed at every moment.
不过,我想,我希望你也这么想
However, I feel, and I hope you will concur…
小型宴会才是最好的
that small parties are the best.
我倒宁愿少两个人,而不是多两个人
I would rather fall short by two than exceed by two.
真幸运呀…
And how fortunate…
是今天而不是昨天下了雪 不然今晚的宴会就开不成了
that the snow comes now instead of yesterday when it might have made our party impossible.
那样的话,咱们就真的很不幸了,是吧?
Now that would have been a real cause for sadness, would it not?
– 是的,你想来点Whisky吗? – 现在不要
– Yes, would you like a whiskey? – Not at the moment.
哦,谢谢,真的谢谢
Oh, thank you, thank you, yes.
这样的天气我可不喜欢
Weather of this severity is no friend of mine, I fear.
这一点我知道,Mr. Woodhouse
I know that too well, Mr. Woodhouse.
我儿子 Frank写信说了一些很让人高兴的事
My son Frank has written and told us something most exciting.
– Miss Woodhouse,你暖和吗? – 是的,谢谢你
– Miss Woodhouse, are you warm enough? – Yes, thank you.
– 你什么时候收到信的? – 今天
– When did you receive his news? – The letter arrived today.
打开信后,我们颇为惊讶, Frank说
And on the opening we had the most wonderful surprise. Frank said…
那些女士说有点冷
Some of the other ladies were saying they were not warm enough.
我真的很好,真的
I am quite comfortable. Yes.
我看到你太靠近壁炉了 所以我想你会不会太暖和了
I saw how close you were to the fire and thought perhaps you might be too warm.
Mr. Elton,我真的很好
Mr. Elton, I am in the perfect state of warmness.
一开始,我都不敢相信
At first I could not believe it,
所以我就让 Mrs. Weston自己读读
so I asked Mrs. Weston to read the letter herself…
我并没有做梦, Frank 真的说
to make sure I was not dreaming, but indeed Frank said…
Miss Woodhouse,我能否…
Miss Woodhouse, is there any effort I might make…
代替你来照顾你父亲?
on behalf of your father’s comfort?
你真好,不过我想他应该很好吧
You are very kind, but I can only imagine that he’s quite comfortable.
谢谢你的体贴
Thank you for being so thoughtful.
不,谢谢你这么想
No. Thank you for thinking I am thoughtful.
我想你能不能…
I wondered if perhaps…
帮我那些订书钉来?
you might be so kind as to bring me some punch?
我希望自己可以赶快完成使命
I only hope I can complete the task quickly enough.
别这么忙,不然我会不安心的
Please… I could not enjoy it if I knew that you had hurried.
真的太让人惊讶了
Thrilling. Simply thrilling news.
这就是信的结尾
And that was the end of the letter.
是酸果梅,妈妈,春天就快到了
Cranberry, Mother. It will soon be spring.
Emma,刚才不知道你有没有听我说…
Emma, I’m not sure I had your attention earlier…
因为有人很想陪伴你
with others so desirous of your company,
你知道吗 Frank要回来了
but I wanted to tell you that Frank is coming at last.
我真的想见见他
I so look forward to meeting him,
我是说如果你愿意和别人分享Frank的话
that is if you can bear to share him.
应该说这得看她舅母愿不愿意和我们分享了
That is if his aunt will share him with us. That’s what this depends on.
她已经答应了,不过还没定下日子
She has said yes, but has not given a date.
她还是比较细心的 这个时候可不适合长途旅行
Very prudent. This weather is by no means clement for the traveler abroad.
不适合的
Oh, no. No, no, no.
– 希望我没打搅你们 – 没有
– I hope I’m not intruding. – No.
我没法不想Miss Smith的情况
But I cannot stop thinking of Miss Smith’s condition.
她要是知道你这么关心她,肯定高兴死了
She will be happy to know of your concern.
我怎么能不关心?
How could I not be concerned?
情况已经很糟了
The whole situation is most alarming.
没什么,只是嗓子疼而已
There is nothing worse than a sore throat.
可是状况会每况愈下的
Its effects are exceedingly bleak.
所以
And that is why I must,
当着你朋友的面,我要请你别去看她了
in the presence of your friend, ask you to stop visiting her.
– 什么? – 你在冒险
– What? – You are putting yourself at risk…
我们不能让你这样,是吧 Knightley?
and we cannot allow that, can we, Knightley?
这公平吗?
I mean, is this fair?
我没有抱怨的权利吗?
Have I not some right to complain?
Emma,天气让你♥爸♥爸烦透了
Emma, the weather’s distressing your father.
他想回去了 Isabella和我想用马车带他回去了
He wants to leave. Isabella and I will take him home now in our carriage.
– 你愿意吗 – 先生,请别担心
– Will you… – Not to worry, sir.
– 我保证你的妻妹会无事的 – 谢谢
– I will insure that your sister-in-law is safe. – Thank you.
Mr. Weston?
Mr. Weston?
来呀,Mr. Woodhouse,加点衣服
Come, Mr. Woodhouse. Let’s wrap you up warmly.
– 这天气真的是… – Miss Woodhouse,请!
– Certainly the weather has… – Miss Woodhouse, please!
– 命运让我们单独在一起了 – 放开我的手!
– Fate has left us alone for a reason. – Release my hand!
不放,好不容易有这个机会表示…
I do not seize your hand so much as the opportunity to declare that I…
– 老天,别这样! – 求你了
– Good heavens, go back! – Please.
我希望
I am hoping…
不是,应该是害怕
No, fearing…
要是你拒绝,我就会死的
Ready to die if you refuse me.
我爱的真的是你
Surely my ardent attachment to you,
我控制不了自己的感情了,现在
my love and passion cannot help but have made an impression, and now…
– Mr. Elton,我是 Miss Woodhouse – 恩
– Mr. Elton, this is I, Miss Woodhouse. – Mm-hmm.
肯定是宴会罢你弄迷糊了
The party spirit has confused you.
我很乐意把你的意思转达给 Miss Smith
I am happy to deliver your message to Miss Smith.
– 对我可别这么说了 – Miss Smith?
– You must direct no more of it to me. – Miss Smith?
我要对她说什么?
What sort of message would I want to send to her?
– Miss Smith? – Mr. Elton,是究竟让你发昏了吧.
– Miss Smith? – Mr. Elton, the wine has weakened you.
如果酒精真的那么厉害 它只会让我勇敢地对你说:我爱你
If the wine has had any effect, it has been to strengthen my will to tell you I love you!
我真的很惊讶
My astonishment is beyond anything I can express.
你用对 Miss Smith的口气对我这样说话
For you to address me in this manner after your behavior to Miss Smith…
我可从没关心过Miss Smith是死是活
I never cared whether Miss Smith were dead or alive,
我只知道她是你的朋友
except that she was your friend.
有Miss Woodhouse在身边 谁还会想到Miss Smith呢?
Who can think of Miss Smith when Miss Woodhouse is near?
哦,不会吧
Oh, no.
我所作的一切都证明了我对你的爱
Everything I have said or done has been to prove my adoration for you.
不然我怎么会到伦敦去为你的画镶边呢?
Why else would I go to London to have your picture framed?
请允许我…
Allow me to…
让我来说说你的沉默的含义吧
Allow me to interpret the silence. You have long understood me.
请你往那边坐一点,别那样说了!
Sit back and kindly refrain from the intimacy of whispering!
我说的没错的话 你从来就没喜欢过 Miss Smith?
Am I to understand that you never sought to recommend yourself to Miss Smith?
这有什么惊讶的?你没看懂我写的谜语吗?
How can you be surprised? Did you not understand the riddle I wrote?
可那是写给 Harriet的呀!
That was for Harriet!
很明显我不是写给她的,我把它留在了你家
I most obviously did not address it to her, and left it at your home.
可是
But… Oh.
她是不错的姑娘,我想肯定会有男人喜欢
She’s a very good sort of girl. I’m sure there are men who would not object to…
可每个人都有自己的层次
Everybody has their level.
我不需要向MIss Smith求爱
But I need not so totally despair of an equal alliance…
来让我的朋友家人失望
as to address myself to Miss Smith.
– 先生 – 不能!
– Sir. – No!
我这些天一直想对你说
I sought to recommend myself to you through those visits.
先生,我一直把你看成我的朋友的追求者
Sir, I have seen you only as the admirer of my friend.
难以置信
I cannot believe that.
– 这一切都是错误 – 是她的错
– It is well that the mistake ends where it does. – It is her mistake.
– 也是我的错 – 她不会有事的
– It is mine as well. – She will manage her disappointment.
别在说她了
Leave her out of it.
你对我的话怎么想?
How do you feel about what I have said?
Mr. Elton
Mr. Elton,
我一直都是因为Harriet,才这么关心你…
any hopes I had with regard to you were for Harriet…
只是因为Harriet
and Harriet alone.
我亲爱的孩子
My dear child.
– 怎么了? – 哦,Miss Taylor…Mrs. Weston
– What is it? – Oh, Miss Taylor… Mrs. Weston.
事情真的乱了套…
There has been an overthrow of everything I’ve been wishing for…
是因为 Harriet和Mr. Elton的事
for Harriet and Mr. Elton.
最不像看到的事发生了
A development most unwelcome, most painful.
哦,天哪!
Oh, dear!
你不会相信的,可是…
You will not believe it, but…
Mr. Elton,你不要太惊讶
Mr. Elton, now prepare yourself, but…
Mr. Elton爱上了你
Mr. Elton is in love with you.
你知道?
You knew?
我曾怀疑过,那次宴会证实了我的猜测
I had my suspicions, but the party confirmed it.
最糟糕的是我还劝Smith要喜欢Elton
The worst of it is that I persuaded her to care for him.
如果我没这么做,我也就无所谓了 可是我就是这么做的
Had I not done that, I could bear anything, but it was I and I alone.
– 甚至连 Mr. Knightley 都警告过我 – Mr. Knightley?
– Even Mr. Knightley warned me. – Mr. Knightley?
因为我力劝Harriet拒绝Martin的求婚 他很是生气

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!