Yes.
他让别人牺牲很多,而自己却得到很多…
He got everything he wanted at great expense to others…
不让自己受丝毫损失
and at no cost to himself.
他真的让我很生气
He offends me deeply.
不过,我确实妒嫉过他
Yet, there is, there’s something in his situation that I envy.
我告诉你我们安了一条新的排水道了吗?
Did I mention that we are having a new drain installed?
你不问问我为什么妒嫉他?
You will not ask me the point of my envy?
也许那是因为你很聪明
Well, perhaps you are wise.
但是我…
But I…
我不聪明 Emma,我得告诉你你不愿意问的事
I cannot be wise. Emma, I must tell you what you will not ask,
– 虽然我也不希望说 – 那就别说
– though I may wish it unsaid the next moment. – Then do not speak it.
别让你的话让我们都受伤
Do not commit yourself to something which may injure us both to have said.
好的
Very well.
好的… 再见
Very well… good day.
Mr Knightley?
Mr. Knightley?
Mr Knightley
Mr. Knightley,
我很粗暴的打断了你,让你很难过
I stopped you ungraciously just now and gave you pain.
如果你想说什么,你肯定是考虑过的
If you have any wish to speak to me openly about anything you might have in contemplation,
作为朋友我不该拒绝你
as your friend I cannot refuse you.
真的,作为你的老朋友
Indeed, as your old friend,
你说什么我都愿意听
I will hear whatever it is you wish to tell me.
Emma!
Emma!
你想让我们永远保持这种友谊
You want our friendship to remain the same as it has always been.
– 但我要的不是这个 – 为什么?
– But I cannot desire that. – But why?
我知道我犯过错,如果你前几天在这
I know I made mistakes, but had you been here the last few days…
你就会看到我是多么想改变了
you would have seen how I have tried to change.
请对我说,我是你的朋友
Please, tell me I am your friend.
我不想把你成为我的朋友,因为
I do not wish to call you my friend because…
我想用更亲密的方式来称呼你
I hope to call you something infinitely more dear.
你知道我为什么不愿意做 Frank Churchill的朋友了吗?
Have you not wondered why I never befriended Frank Churchill?
因为我知道他想追求你
It was because I knew he was intended for you.
当你在野炊上羞辱Miss Bates 的时候
Indeed, when you insulted Miss Bates at the picnic,
我看得出他对你的影响有多么大
I thought that evidence of his influence over you.
我不能忍♥受这个
And I could not bear to see it.
所以我就离开这了
So I went away.
可是我去错了地方
But I went to the wrong place.
通常,我在哥哥那里可以得到安慰
My brother’s house is usually a place of comfort to me,
但见到你的姐姐总是让我想起你
but seeing your sister there kept you fresh in my mind.
这对我真是摧残
And the torture, I assure you,
太难受
was acute.
我只是在…
I only felt hope again…
听到Mr Churchill订婚以后才又有了希望
when I heard of Mr. Churchill’s engagement.
我就赶快会来了
And I rushed back,
想知道你的感情
anxious for your feelings.
来到你的身边
Came to be near you.
我冒雨驾车来的
I rode through the rain.
就算雨再大我也会来的
I… I’d ride through worse than that…
如果我能听到你对我说
if I could just hear your voice telling me…
我至少可以
that I might at least have…
有一丝的机会赢得你
some chance to win you.
Mr Knightley,我刚才没说话
Mr. Knightley, if I have not spoken…
因为我怕从美梦中醒来
it is because I am afraid I will awaken myself from this dream.
这不是真的
It cannot be true.
我真的不值得你
But I feel so full of error, so mistaken in my makeup to deserve you.
我也有缺点呀
What of my flaws?
我老是在你面前喋喋不休
I’ve humbled you and I’ve lectured you,
别人都无法忍♥受,你却忍♥受了
and you have borne it as no one could have borne it.
也许我们都有缺点才让我们两很适合
Maybe it is our imperfections which make us so perfect for one another.
愿意嫁给我吗?
Marry me?
嫁给我,我的完美朋友
Marry me, my wonderful, darling friend.
我们去你♥爸♥爸那吧
Let’s go to your father.
– 哦,亲爱的 – 怎么了?
– Oh, dear. – What?
– 我不能嫁给你 – 为什么?
– I cannot marry you. – Why ever not?
我父亲,开始是我的姐姐 后来 Mrs Weston也离开了他
My father. First my sister, then Mrs. Weston.
我要是走了,他肯定受不了的 就算是嫁给你这样他评价很高的人
I don’t think he could bear my leaving, even for a man he regards as highly as you.
我不能嫁给你,我不能丢下他,不能
I cannot marry you. I cannot abandon him. I cannot!
我不能伤害你父亲来让你高兴
I could not secure your happiness while attacking your father’s.
如果他的欢乐包括留在此地的话
As long as his joy requires your being at Hartfield,
就让这个地方也成为我的家好了
let it be my home too.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
现在,我不需要叫你Mr Knightley
Now I need not call you Mr. Knightley.
我要叫你我的 Mr Knightley
I may call you my Mr. Knightley.
MrWoodhouse的喜事,很快大家都知道了
The elation Mr. Woodhouse felt was soon shared by many.
祝福让这对恋人鼓舞很多
While these exchanges lifted the hearts of the couple,
可是有一个人的到来却不是
there was one visit which did not.
Emma k知道Harriet的欢乐…
Emma knew that the best chance for Harriet’s happiness…
就是让她也嫁出去
was that she might marry as well.
但 很难想象Harriet Smith…
But it seemed too much to hope that even Harriet Smith…
在一年内会爱上三个男人
could be in love with more than three men in one year.
Miss Woodhouse,我能进来吗?
Miss Woodhouse, may I come in?
你知道你不需要问的
You know you need never ask.
你一定要告诉我你怎么样了
Please do, and tell me how you’ve been.
你都好几个星期没来了
It seems weeks since you’ve been here.
是的,我离开开始是因为我会好受些
Yes. I stayed away at first because I thought it would be easier for me.
然后我离开是因为我要告诉你一些事…
Then I stayed away because I have something to tell you…
也许你不会喜欢
which I’m afraid you will not like.
Harriet,你说的没有让人不高兴的
Harriet, nothing you could say would ever be unpleasant.
是的,不过你也许会这么认为
This is. That is, I’m afraid you’ll think it is,
虽然我认为这是一场梦
though I think it as beautiful as a dream.
我已经答应嫁给 Robert Martin
I have consented to marry Robert Martin.
– 怎么回事? – 我离开这以后
– Whatever happened? – After I left here the last time,
再一个宴会上看到了他的姐姐
I saw his sister at a party.
自然我就和她聊上了
I fell easily into conversation with her,
她就邀请我去吃饭
and soon enough she invited me to dinner.
Mr Martin 当然也在场
Mr. Martin was there, of course,
我们谈得很投机
and we talked as though we had never been apart.
我走时,他问我第二天是否能再见到我
As I left, he asked if he could see me the next day.
我说可以,然后第二天…
I said that he could, and on the next day…
他又问第三天能不能见到我
he asked if he could see me the day after that.
第三天
And on the day after that,
他问我以后的每一天能否见到我
he asked if he could see me all the days ever after.
– Harriet – 我知道你很失望,不过…
– Harriet. – I know this disappoints you, but…
Harriet,你错会我的意思了
Harriet, you mistake me.
这是个好事,是我做媒人以来的好结局
This is the perfect end for my sad career as a matchmaker,
这样我就算完成任务了
a role I gladly relinquish by being instead so happily matched myself.
我想让你知道我只是想你能幸福
I hope you know that I only wanted your happiness.
现在你找到了,我就功♥德♥圆♥满♥了
Now that you have found it, it makes my own complete.
有些人可能觉得婚礼有点寒酸
There were those who thought the wedding a little shabby.
我对时装不太在行
I do not profess to be an expert in the field of fashion,
虽然我的朋友说我的眼光不错
though my friends say I have quite the eye.
但是我告诉你少了绸缎
But I can tell you, there is a shocking lack of satin.
太好了!太好了!
Bravo! Bravo!
但是参加这场婚礼的朋友们的
However, the wishes, the faith and the predictions…
祝福与诚实
of the small band of true friends who witnessed the ceremony…
最终以大团圆的方式结局了
were fully answered in the perfect happiness of the union.