Cautioned me? Why?
你认为我不关心Frank Churchill!
You do not think that I care about Frank Churchill!
什么意思?
Wha… What do you mean?
– 你,你说过你爱上了一个人 – 我不是说他
– You, you said that you loved a man… – I did not name him,
但我想喜欢他比喜欢 Frank Churchill 更有品位的
but I hope I have developed better taste than to choose Frank Churchill over him.
Frank Churchill
Frank Churchill.
而且,我从来都没想和他
Furthermore, I would never have even dreamed of him…
除了你说他不错
except that you told me he was wonderful.
是,不过我以为你…
Yes, but I thought you meant…
让我想起他可以表明我的品位
That raising my thoughts to him was a sign of my good taste.
– 这是你说的话 – 但是当时我指的是…
– Those were your words. – But I meant them in reference to…
要是没听到这番话,我都不会奢望
Without having heard them, I would never have dared to hope.
Harriet,请听我说!
Harriet, please!
在继续谈论这个问题之前 有些事我想说清楚
Before we can go on, there is something that I must clarify.
你是在说…
Is it possible that you are speaking of…
Mr Knightley?
Mr. Knightley?
是的
To be sure.
你不是说 Frank 为你所做的一切吗
But, y-you spoke of the service that Frank had done you…
– 他把你从吉普赛人那里救了出来 – 我没说呀
– in rescuing you from the gypsies. – I never said that.
我记得你说过
I recall it with perfect clarity.
如果我真说过被谁救了的话 我指的是Mr Knightley…
If I spoke of being rescued, I was thinking of Mr. Knightley’s…
就是当Mr Elton 羞辱我的时候 是他救了我
asking me to dance after Mr. Elton snubbed me.
就在那时候我才知道什么是高品位男人
That was when I knew how superior a man he was.
上帝!这真是个可怕的错误
Good God! This is a horrible mistake.
该怎么做呢?
What is to be done?
一定得做什么吗?
Must something be done about it?
你肯定认为比起 Mr Churchil来 我更配不上他
You must think him 500 million times more above me than Mr. Churchill.
– 是的,你说过… – Harriet?
– Yet, you did say… – Harriet?
你有没有
Have…
想过 Mr Knightley怎么看你的感情吗?
Have you any idea of Mr. Knightley’s returning your affection?
是的,我想过,你告诉过我…
Yes, I must say that I have. You told me…
让他的言行成为我的榜样,我就是这么做的
to let his behavior be the rule of mine, and so I have.
我这样想错了吗?
Am I wrong to hope as I do?
Harriet
Harriet,
我只想说Mr Knightley…
I can only venture to declare that Mr. Knightley…
是最不可能对一个女人表达感情…
is the last man on earth who would intentionally give any woman…
和他自己真正的感情一致的人
the idea of his feeling more for her than he really does.
这真不幸
This is tragic.
Harriet 喜欢
Why is it tragic that Harriet should attach herself…
你欣赏的男人有什么不幸的?
to a man who you admire so much?
我问了自己好多次,为什么会让我寝食难安
I have asked myself many times why this should have unsettled me,
我发现我并不是欣赏Mr Knightley
and I came to see that I do not admire Mr. Knightley as I have so long thought.
我爱他
I love him…
爱得很深很切
so dearly, so greatly.
除了你和父亲他的看法对我最重要
Outside of you and Father, his is the opinion which matters most.
– 哦,我的孩子! – 我对此还一无所知呢…
– Oh, my dearest child! – I did not know it…
直到可怜的 Harriet 说了他对Knightly的感情
until poor Harriet said she had the hope of him returning her feelings.
然后我就怕我可能失去他
Then I felt ill that I could lose him,
我想没有人可以嫁给 Mr Knightley…
and I knew that no one must marry Mr. Knightley…
– 只有我 – 上帝!
– but me. – How heavenly!
可是太晚了
But I am too late.
他在离开这的时候说过
Just before he left town he said…
他有一件困扰的事要和他哥哥讨论
There is a delicate and perplexing matter I must discuss with my brother.
我希望他哥哥叫他谨慎点
I hope his brother advises him to be careful.
毕竟,我们对Harriet的父母知道很少 他们也许是海盗呢
After all, we know nothing about her parents. They could be pirates.
亲爱的,要我提醒吗,我非常喜欢Harriet
My dear, I like Harriet very much, as I might remind you, do you.
但是记住她的感情之是她的
But remember, her feelings are evidence of her feelings only.
Mr Knigh对她有没有感情我们还不知道呢 要等到他回来才知道
Nothing can be known until Mr. Knightley returns.
我既渴望又害怕他回来
Oh, I long for it and fear it at the same time.
我不知道见到他我会怎样
I shall not know how to behave when I see him.
– 像他那样就行了 – 但是,上帝!
– Let his behavior be your guide. – But, oh, dear!
如果他看上去是高兴的 我就知道他决定娶Harriet了
If he seems happy, I shall know that he has decided to marry Harriet,
我不会,不会让他告诉我这件事的
and I will not, I know I will not be able to let him tell me.
我无法听他说这些
I could not bear to hear the words.
如果他看上去很悲伤 我就知道John建议他别娶Harriet
If he seems sad, I shall know that John has advised him not to marry Harriet.
那我就太爱John了!
I love John!
也许他悲伤是因为他还怕告诉我 他要娶我的朋友
Or, he may seem sad because he fears telling me he will marry my friend.
John怎么能让他这么做?我会恨John!
How could John let him do that? I hate John!
亲爱的,在他回来之前我们没什么可做的
My dear, nothing can be done until he returns.
在这之前,你得忘了他
And until he does, you must try to put him out of your mind.
你能吗?
Can you?
当然能
Certainly I can.
我失去了心,可还没有失去自♥制♥力
I may have lost my heart, but not my self-control.
亲爱的日记
Dear diary.
今天我努力不想 Mr Knightley
Today I tried not to think about Mr. Knightley.
我在和厨师谈话的时候,不想他
I tried not to think about him when I spoke about the menu with cook.
– 哦,Mr Knightley 会来吗? – 你为什么问这个?
– Oh, is Mr. Knightley coming? – Why do you say that?
炖羊肉是他最喜欢的
Lamb stew’s his favorite.
在花♥园♥的时候我也尽力不想他
I tried not to think about him in the garden…
我撕雏菊的花瓣…
where I thrice plucked the petals off a daisy…
来占卜他对 Harriet的感情
to ascertain his feelings for Harriet.
我想花♥园♥里真不该种雏菊
I don’t think we should keep daisies in the garden.
这种花真的很难看
They really are drab little flowers.
睡觉时,我也不想想他
And I tried not to think about him when I went to bed.
但有些事我必须得做
But something had to be done.
上帝,如果他不能和我共度一生
Dear Lord, if he cannot share a life with me,
我能否请求他也不和别人结合呢?
is it wrong to ask that he not share it with anyone?
我们就像现在这个样子过吧
That we go on as we go on now,
她可以随时到我家来
him stopping by at any hour,
成为我们生活中最明亮的风景
always the brightest part of our lives,
成为我们家最自然的朋友?
a natural and easy member of the family?
上帝,就算他一生未婚我也很高兴的
I would be content if he would just stay single, Lord.
只要他能不娶别人
That’s it. If he would just stay single, Lord,
我就满足了
that would be enough for me to be perfectly satisfied.
真的
Almost.
阿门
Amen.
Emma!
Emma!
原谅我
Forgive me.
我在开小差呢
Uh, I was, uh… I was lost in my thoughts.
你怎么样?
And how are you?
快乐吗?
Happy?
恩,我…
W-Well, I’m…
– 很高兴见到你 – 啊
– happy to see you, as always. – Ah.
– 我还不知道你回来了呢 – 刚回来
– I didn’t, uh, know that you were back. – Just.

Oh.
– 是的,刚回来 – 是的
– Yes, just. – Oh. Yes.
我要回家了
I’m on my way home.
我刚去过你家
I was just there.
– 我能陪你回吗? – 当然
– May I join you? – Of course.
哦,上帝
Oh, dear.
– 什么? – 什么?哦,哦!
– What? – What? Oh. Oh!
我在说要炖的鹿肉
Something about the deer we need for the venison stew.

Uh-huh.
– 我有些事得问你 – 哦,等一下
– There’s something I have to ask you. – Oh, wait.
你既然回来了,有些消息你会吃惊的
Now that you are back, there is some news that will surprise you.
什么消息?
Of what nature is this news?
是个好消息,是关于两个人婚礼的事
The very best. It is a wedding between two people…
是的,是 Jane和 Mr Churchill的婚礼
Oh, yes, between Jane and Mr. Churchill.
Mr Weston写信告诉我了
Mr. Weston wrote to me.
– 看来你一点都不惊讶 – 恩
– Undoubtedly you were not surprised. – Well…
不过我开始是一无所知
But I seem doomed to blindness.
时间会治疗你的伤口
Time will heal your wound.
– 我的伤口? – 我知道你…
– My wound? – I know you must’ve been…
对他的秘密感到很失望
cruelly disappointed by his secret.
他真是个恶棍
He’s a scoundrel.
你真好
You are kind.
我得告诉你 我早就看出 Frank 缺少某些品质
But I must tell you that I quickly saw that Frank lacked qualities,
比如诚实 对我来说这是做朋友所必需的
honesty being one of them, which are essential to me in any kind of friend.
Emma,对吗?
Emma, uh… Is that true?
他对我有影响,不过并没有伤害我
He imposed on me, but he has not injured me.
是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!