or any young lady.
好吧
Oh, Well.
我也不需要恐慌,既然可以说三个愚蠢的事
I need not be uneasy, as long as we’re allowed three dull things.
真的很蠢,我要说的真的很蠢
Very dull, in fact. I shall be sure to say three very dull things…
只要我开口的话,是吗?
as soon as I open my mouth, shan’t I?
可能有点困难
There may be a difficulty.
我不信,我想我是可以说些愚蠢的故事的
I doubt that. I’m sure I never fail to say things very dull.
是的,但有数目限制,只能说三个
Yes, dear, but you’ll be limited as to number. Only three.
哦!
Oh!
当然
To be sure.
对
Yes.
我…
I, I…
我…
I, I…
我明白了,我明白她的意思了
I, I see. I see. I see what she means.
我会馆好自己舌头的
Hmm. I will try and hold my tongue.
我肯定是不受欢迎的了
Oh, I must make myself very… disagreeable.
不然,她也不会对我这样一个老朋友这样说
Or, or she would not have said such a thing to an old… friend.
好的,只是三个
Well, Just three.
是的
Yes.
Miss Bates,你能陪我…
Miss Bates, will you give me the pleasure of your company…
– 再去采些草莓吗? – 哦,谢谢
– whilst I pick some more strawberries? – Oh, thank you,
Mr Knightley
Mr. Knightley.
好的
That would be charming.
Emma?
Emma?
你怎么能这样说Miss Bates?
How could you be so unfeeling to Miss Bates?
你对她这样大的年纪 这样处境的女士怎么这么无情?
How could you be so insolent to a woman of her age and situation?
我都不敢相信
I’d not thought it possible.
为什么不能说? 我敢说她都没懂我的意思
How could I help saying it? I daresay she did not understand me.
我敢说她都懂
I assure you she felt your full meaning.
她一直在说这件事
She cannot stop mentioning it.
真希望你听她说你真的好脾气能忍♥受她
I wish you could have heard her honor your forbearance in putting up with her…
她的处境不好!
when her society is so irksome!
我知道她很好,但你也要知道
I know there is no better creature in all the world, but you must allow…
她的身上也有很可笑的东西
that blended alongside the good, there is an equal amount of the ridiculous in her.
她和你处境相同吗
Were she prosperous or a woman equal to you in situation,
我不想和你吵我的言论自♥由♥问题
I would not quarrel about any liberties of manner.
但她很可怜!
But she is poor!
甚至她自出生以来就很可怜!
Even more so than when she was born!
如果她真的这样成为老姑娘的话 她的状况会更糟的
And should she live to be an old lady, she will sink further still.
她的处境很糟,你别这么乱释放情绪
Her situation being in every way below you should secure your compassion!
你做的很差劲,Emma
Badly done, Emma.
很差
Badly done.
她看着你长大,把你的关心当成荣誉
She has watched you grow from a time when her notice of you was an honor…
而今天
to this.
你却揶揄,嘲笑她
Humbling her and laughing at her…
还在很多人面前 别人会照着你的样子来对她的
in front of people who would be guided by your treatment of her.
啊!
Ah!
我真不想说这些
It is not pleasant for me to say these things.
不过,我还是想说
But I must tell you the truth while I can.
这证明我是你的朋友 可以给你最忠实的劝告
Proving myself your friend by the most faithful counsel,
我想也许某一天你也可以这样对我…
and trusting that sometime you will do my faith in you greater justice…
而不是像现在这样
than you do it now.
哦,下午好,Miss Woodhouse
Oh, good afternoon, Miss Woodhouse.
请进来
Please come in.
清等一下
Just a moment, please.
妈妈,告诉她我身体不太好,我上♥床♥了
Just tell her I’m unwell, Mother, and laid down upon the bed.
我正打算去拜访…
I’ve been planning a visit…
– …我是来告别的 – 你是说你是不行来的…
…first and say good-bye. – You mean, you walked…
– 这么冷的天? – 当然了
– all the way, and on such a cold night? – Certainly I walked.
亲爱的,我的老朋友和她的女儿怎么样了?
My dear, how did you find my old friend and her daughter?
Emma 刚刚拜访了Mrs和 Miss Bates
Emma has called on Mrs. And Miss Bates.
– 她总是这么善良 – 不是的,爸爸
– She always shows them such kindness. – No, Father.
是她们容忍♥了我这么久,是她们善良
They have been the ones to forebear and show me kindness.
你在傻话,女儿!你对她们那么怜悯
Nonsense, daughter! The charity you have given them…
是的我那是怜悯,而不是善良
I have given them charity but not kindness,
这样的一种品质 有些朋友可能怀疑我还有没有
a virtue which some friends may doubt I still have.
真朋友是不会这样怀疑的
The truest friend does not doubt…
而是希望
but hope.
我得走了
I must go.
我要离开这去看John和 lsabella
I’m leaving town to visit John and Isabella.
很抱歉我忽来晚了…
I’m sorry I was not here sooner…
不然我们可以多谈谈
so that we could have talked.
我也这样想
So am I.
你什么时候回来?
When will you be back?
不知道
I don’t know.
我有一件困扰我的事…
There is a delicate and perplexing matter…
我得和我哥哥谈谈
I must discuss with my brother.
那…
Well, then…
那…
Well, then…
Frank Churchill的舅母去世了 他去处理了
Frank Churchill’s aunt has died, taking him away.
这就增加了Harriet和他的机会 因为他舅母肯定是反对他们发展的
This strengthens Harriet’s chances with him, since the aunt was sure to object.
我还在弥补和 Miss Bates的关系
I continue in my efforts to make amends with Miss Bates.
虽然还没有多大起色
Though matters are not yet fully repaired,
但是我感到就快好了
I feel that a renewal of our friendship is ahead of us.
最重要的是,我很高兴
Above all, I am most gratified to say…
也许 Mr Knightley
that could Mr. Knightley…
Mr Knightley
Mr. Knightley…
嗯
Hmm.
对我很重要,他能看透我的心
Had been privy to my attempts, could he have seen into my heart,
我想这次他是不会责备我什么的了
I think he would not, on this occasion, have found anything to reprove.
Frank订婚了
Frank… is engaged.
我不敢相信!这么快?
I cannot believe it! So quickly?
快 ?订婚已经有一段日子了
Quickly? The engagement has been in place for some time.
Emma,Frank 是秘密订的婚
Emma, Frank has been secretly engaged…
和Jane Fairfax
to Jane Fairfax.
上帝!
Good God!
– 这不会是真的吧! – 他们十月就订婚了
– This cannot be the truth! – They’ve been engaged since October,
他们通过朋友 Charles Dixon 在 Weymouth订的婚
formed at Weymouth through their friend, Charles Dixon.
Mr Dixon!
Mr. Dixon!
他为此保密,因为他怕舅母反对
He kept it secret because he feared his aunt’s disapproval.
这让他父亲和我都很伤心
It has hurt both his father and me,
特别是他还会上还另一个人
most especially because of whom else it might hurt.
我知道你说的是谁
I cannot pretend that I do not understand what you mean by that.
但是我告诉你吧
But let me give you all the relief in my power.
曾经有段时间我确实挺喜欢他
There was a time when I was attached to Frank.
幸运的是,这早都结束了 我心里已经没有他了
Fortunately, that ceased and for some time I have felt nothing for him.
我最担心的就是这个
This was my greatest worry.
我想你肯定也知道我们猜你喜欢他
I’m certain you knew it was our wish you might be attached.
– 我们真的不知你会怎么想 – 不要为这个担心了
– Imagine what we felt on your account. – There is no need to worry about that.
他怎么这么对我?
Although how could he have come here and treated me in this fashion?
很残酷!真的很残酷!
It is cruel! Truly cruel!
是的,亲爱的 不过刚才你不是说你不爱他了吗
Yes, dear. But I thought you said you felt nothing for him.
是的,但是他并不知道
Yes, but he did not know that.
他真走运
He is benefiting from a very lucky coincidence.
Emma,他还是个不错的男人
Now, Emma, he’s a good man,
不论他这件事做的有多么错
however wrong this action might be.
亲爱的,你能帮我个忙 让Mr Weston安心吗?
Dear, might I entreat you to put Mr. Weston’s heart at ease?
他也很担心你
He’s been as worried about you as I.
你能告诉他你听到 Frank的订婚 有多么高兴吗…
Could you let him know how glad you are for Frank…
为他找到这样一位性格女孩?
to have found a girl of such steady character?
我不知道她有什么样的性格 才能嫁给这样一个…
I do not know how steady her character can be, engaging herself to a man…
为自己订婚遮遮掩掩的男人
who pretends not to be engaged,
欺骗了多少女孩的心
and then deceives attractive and feeling young women.
看,全英格兰最幸福的父亲来了!
Here is the luckiest father in all of England!
谢谢你
Thank you.
这一定是你听到过的最奇怪的事了
Is this not the oddest news you’ve ever heard about…
Mr Churchill 和Miss Fairfax?
Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax?
– 你知道么? – 你会认为我知道么
– Had you any idea of it? – Can you imagine that I knew…
我还要劝你别太在意呢?
when I was encouraging you to give way to your own feelings?
如果我知道的话,我就会给你提个醒了
Had I known, I would have cautioned you.
给我提醒 ?为什么?