I trust your uncle Churchill is in good health?
非常健康
Excellent health.
你听说那个让整个村子的舆♥论♥
And have you heard the choicest piece of gossip
都为之沸腾的消息吗
that has set all the tongues of the village aflame?
费尔法克斯小姐收到了一架非常优雅的钢琴
A pianoforte, very elegant, delivered to Miss Fairfax
就在这个早上 并且没有寄件地址
this very morning with no return address.
我从来没见过这么精致的乐器
I never saw so fine an instrument.
一家非常优雅的钢琴 没有寄件地址
A pianoforte, very elegant, and with no return address.
没有寄件地址
No return address.
简自己都一头雾水
Jane herself is quite at a loss.
非常困惑 不知是谁送来的
Quite bewildered to think who could have sent it.
的确很困惑
Bewildered, indeed.
你为什么笑
Why do you smile?
没有 你为什么笑
Nay, why do you?
我想我笑是因为开心
I suppose I smile for pleasure.
钢琴是非常拿得出手的礼物
A pianoforte is a very handsome present.
我想以前都没人送过钢琴
I rather wonder it was never made before.
费尔法克斯小姐可能
Perhaps Miss Fairfax has never been
从未在这里逗留这么久过
staying here so long before.
或者坎贝尔上校
Or that Colonel Campbell did not
没让她用他的乐器
give her use of his own instrument,
他的钢琴肯定被留在伦敦积灰了
which must now be shut up in London untouched by anybody.
她的头发做得好奇怪
She has done her hair in so odd a way.
我从来没见过这种发型
I never saw anything like it.
肯定是她自己的创意
Must be a fancy of her own.
我没见过别人做这种打扮
I see nobody else looking like her.
如果不是坎贝尔上校送的
If Colonel Campbell is not the giver,
那会是谁呢
who can be?
迪克森夫人
Mrs. Dixon?
也许是作为友谊的象征
As a token of her… her friendship, perhaps?
你觉得迪克森先生呢
What say you to Mr. Dixon?
迪克森先生
Mr. Dixon?
他救了她的命
He saved her life.
你听说了吗
Did you hear of it?
在水边的宴会 由于一起意外
A water party, and by some accident,
她险些掉下船
she was falling overboard.
是他抓住了她
He caught her.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
一曲二重奏
a duet.
你对此怎么看 爱玛
What do you say to this, Emma?
我为奈特利先生和简·费尔法克斯牵了红线
I have made a match between Mr. Knightley and Jane Fairfax.
奈特利先生和简·费尔法克斯
Mr. Knightley and Jane Fairfax?
那架钢琴是有人送给她的
This pianoforte’s been sent to her by somebody.
他一直最喜欢她
And she has always been a favorite with him.
今晚 出于礼貌 他派了马车去接她
Tonight, he sent his carriage for her as a courtesy
他自己步行来的
and walked himself.
这不殷勤吗
Was that not gallant?
韦斯顿先生
Mr. Weston.
♪ 仅以你的眼神向我敬酒 ♪
♪ Drink to me only with thine eyes ♪
♪ 我便会饮尽我的酒 ♪
♪ And I will pledge with mine ♪
♪ 或者在杯内留下一枚吻 ♪
♪ Or leave a kiss within the cup ♪
♪ 我不要美酒 ♪
♪ And I’ll not ask for wine ♪
♪ 这饥渴来自灵魂 ♪
♪ The thirst that from the soul doth rise ♪
♪ 着实想要啜饮 ♪
♪ Doth ask a drink divine ♪
♪ 但我只要一点爱情的蜂蜜 ♪
♪ But might I of love’s nectar sip ♪
♪ 便会对你一心一意 ♪
♪ I would not change for thine. ♪
“请不要审判您的仆人
“Enter not into judgment with thy servant,
主啊
O Lord,
因为在您的眼中
For in thy sight…
没人可以无罪”
shall no man living be justified.”
他结婚了
He’s married.
肯定认识得不久
It cannot be a long acquaintance.
他只离开了六周
He’s only been gone six weeks.
我的妻子 奥古斯塔·埃尔顿夫人
My wife, Mrs. Augusta Elton.
这房♥子和我兄弟
This house is very like
萨克林先生的枫园好像
my brother Mr. Suckling’s seat at Maple Grove.
非常像
Very like.
这相似程度很让我吃惊
I’m quite struck by the likeness.
是不是非常相似 亲爱的丈夫
Is it not astonishingly like, dear husband?
的确相似
Very like.
我几乎以为自己就在枫园
I really could almost fancy myself at Maple Grove.
我一进来看到楼梯
The staircase as I came in–
我就注意到楼梯多么相似
I observed how very like the staircase is.
和枫园里的位置一模一样
Placed in exactly the same part of the house.
我向你保证 伍德豪斯小姐 我非常高兴
I assure you, Miss Woodhouse, it is very delightful to me
能够回忆起枫园 那是我非常
to be reminded of a place I am so extremely partial to
偏爱的地方
as Maple Grove.
令人印象深刻的宅子
A most impressive residence.
你什么时候像我这样
Whenever you are transplanted
离家别居 伍德豪斯小姐
like me, Miss Woodhouse,
你就理解我看到
you will understand how very delightful it is
能让我回忆起故乡的东西
to meet with anything at all
有多么开心了
that reminds one of what one has left behind.
我们曾应邀拜访过兰道尔
We have been calling at Randalls.
韦斯顿一家真是友善
What pleasant people the Westons seem to be.
你猜我们在那里时 谁来拜访了
And who should call in while we were there?
奈特利
Knightley.
奈特利本人
Knightley himself.
当然 作为埃先生的亲密朋友
Of course, as so particular a friend of Mr. E’s,
我一直对同他见面抱有极大的好奇心
I had a great curiosity to meet him.
他总是提起”我的朋友奈特利”
“My friend Knightley” had been so often mentioned
我真等不及要见他
that I really was impatient to see him.
我要为我亲爱的丈夫说句公道话
And I must do my cara sposo the justice
他完全不必为他的朋友害臊
to say that he need not be at all ashamed of his friend.
“奈特利”
“Knightley.”
真不敢相信 “奈特利”
I could not have believed it. “Knightley.”
她以前都不认识他
Never met him before in her life
就叫他”奈特利”
and calls him “Knightley.”
还说他是个绅士
And to discover that he is a gentleman.
粗俗的暴发户
Upstart, vulgar being,
还满口”埃先生” 亲爱的新娘
with her “Mr. E” and her Cara Sposo.
爱玛
Emma.
-韦斯顿先生 -史密斯小姐
– Mr. Weston. – Miss Smith.
丘吉尔一家在里士满住下来了
The Churchills have settled at Richmond.
给
Here.
弗兰克要回来了
Frank is returning.
我们可以举办舞会了
We shall have our ball.
不 不
No. No.
你是弗兰克·丘吉尔
You are Frank Churchill.
是的
Of course.
你跳舞真好看
You dance so beautifully.
这真是太棒了
This is brilliant, indeed.
太出色了
This is admirable.
布置得真好 说真的
Excellently contrived, upon my word.
完美无缺
Nothing wanting.
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse.
你一定有阿♥拉♥丁神灯
You must really have had Aladdin’s lamp.
这简直就像童话中的一样
This is meeting quite in fairyland.
改造得真好
Such a transformation.
我们该坐哪 我们该坐哪
Now, where shall we sit? Where shall we sit?
简不能坐在通风口 别处都行
Now, anywhere where Jane is not in a draft.
你觉得我的礼服怎么样
How do you like my gown?
埃尔顿先生
Mr. Elton!
我不确定是不是太花哨了
I do not know whether it is not over-trimmed.
我很讨厌太花哨的东西
I have the greatest dislike to the idea of being over-trimmed.
不喜欢太华丽的衣服
Quite a horror of finery.
当然 我现在必须
Of course, I must put on
要戴点首饰 因为有这个需求
a few ornaments now because it is expected.
新娘要有新娘的样子嘛
A bride, you know, must appear like a bride.
但我平时的品味都是追求极简
But my natural taste is all for simplicity.
你觉得简的发型怎么样