Miss Woodhouse is coming.
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse.
哈丽特
Harriet!
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse!
你太蓬头垢面了
You’re so, uh… disheveled.
我总是在圣诞节生病
I’m always ill at Christmas.
快躺下吧
Get back in bed at once.
你会错过兰多尔斯的派对
You’ll miss the party at Randalls.
埃尔顿先生会去
Mr. Elton will be there.
我终于把弗兰克·丘吉尔盼来了
And Frank Churchill is expected at last.
埃尔顿先生还会讲经
And Mr. Elton’s sermon.
在圣诞节讲经
A sermon on Christmas Day.
每个礼拜日我都会抄经
I transcribe them every Sunday.
我会替你抄的
I will transcribe it for you.
你对我太好了 伍德豪斯小姐
You are so kind to me, Miss Woodhouse.
欢迎
Welcome!
欢迎各位朋友
Welcome, my friends!
欢迎
Welcome!
埃尔顿先生
Mr. Elton.
可怜的史密斯小姐怎么样了
How’s poor Miss Smith?
恐怕不大好
Oh, no better, I’m afraid.
她不能来真是派对的一大损失
Aw, such a sad loss to our party today.
史密斯小姐已经表达过歉意了
Miss Smith has sent her apologies.
我们每时每刻都会想念她
She will be missed every moment.
孩子们怎么样
How are the children?
一直在增加
Multiplying.
我唯一的休息时间是在办公室
My only moment’s rest is in the office.
弗兰克被耽搁在恩斯库博了 我很遗憾
Frank has been detained at Enscombe, I’m sorry to say.
今早我收到了他的来信
I had a letter from him just this morning.
丘吉尔要继承整个庄园
Mr. Churchill is to inherit the entire estate.
我听说那是约克郡最好的房♥子之一
I have heard it described as one of the finest houses in Yorkshire.
在阴沉的天气出门 回来时可能更糟
Going out in dismal weather to return probably in worse.
带走四匹马和四个仆人
Four horses and four servants taken out for nothing
只是为了打发五个游手好闲的…
but to convey five idle…
又是一封天花乱坠
Another fine, flourishing letter
而又充斥着虚伪和谎言的信吗
full of professions and falsehoods?
你的感觉真奇怪
Your feelings are singular.
似乎每个人都对他的信很满意
His letters seem to satisfy everybody else.
我怀疑这些信没有让韦斯顿夫人感到满意
I suspect they do not satisfy Mrs. Weston.
如果她是个重要的人
Were she a person of consequence herself,
他现在肯定已经来了
he would have come by now, I dare say.
你好像坚决认为他很糟糕
You seem determined to think ill of him.
我应该像其他人一样
I should be as ready to acknowledge his merits
承认他的优点 但是我只听说
as any other man, but… I hear of none
他长得很高大英俊
except that he is well grown and good-looking.
如果他没有别的长处
Well, if he has nothing else to recommend him,
那他就是海布里的宝藏
he shall be a treasure at Highbury.
我们不常看到优秀的年轻人
We do not often look upon fine young men.
不能要求他们具备所有的美德
Cannot ask for all the virtues into the bargain.
你要原谅我如此激进
You will excuse my being so much overpowered.
我们都怀有偏见
We are both prejudiced.
你不待见他 而我偏爱他
You against, I for him.
在他真正出现之前 我们不可能达成一致
And we shall have no chance of agreeing until he is really here.
偏见
Prejudiced?
我没有偏见
I’m not prejudiced.
是的 但我有偏见
Yes, but I am.
很有偏见 并且毫不感到羞耻
Very much, and without at all being ashamed of it.
我对韦斯顿夫妇的喜爱
My love for Mr. And Mrs. Weston
使我对他产生了明显的偏爱
gives me a decided prejudice in his favor.
伍德豪斯小姐真迷人
Charming Miss Woodhouse.
韦斯顿先生
Mr. Weston.
丘吉尔夫人掌管着恩斯库博
Mrs. Churchill rules at Enscombe.
一切都得听她的
Ev-Everything… gives way to her.
她下令 如果弗兰克
She has decreed that if Frank
不娶个有钱的夫人
does not marry a lady of some fortune,
她就会在遗嘱上将他完全除名
then he will be entirely cut out from her will.
那是嫉妒
There is jealousy.
她甚至嫉妒他对父亲的问候
She is jealous even of his regard for his father.
-嫉妒… -但你说她很喜欢她的外甥
– Jealousy… – But you say that she is so very fond of her nephew.
-她最喜欢他 -亲爱的爱玛
– He is her particular favorite. – Dear emma.
别以你的善良本性去理解恶人
Do not attempt, with your good nature, to understand a bad one.
顺其自然吧
You must let it go its own way.
我听说那是约克郡最好的房♥子之一…
Uh, I have heard it described as one of the finest houses in Yorksh…
现在的天气真应时
What seasonable weather we’re having.
今晚肯定会下雪
I dare say we shall have snow tonight.
今晚下雪吗
Snow? Tonight?
什么时候开始的
When did it commence?
我们应该立刻叫马车来
We shall call for the carriage right away.
才刚开始下 雪还不到两三厘米
It has hardly begun– barely an inch–
但雪下得很大
but it is falling fast.
你母亲去世时就下雪了
It was snowing when your mother died.
爸爸 我知道 我们回家吧
Papa, I know. We shall get you home.
该怎么办 爱玛
Well, what is to be done? Emma!
这里住得下
There is room for us all.
大家都可以住在这里
We have accommodation for all of you.
当然
Absolutely.
马匹状态不错
The horses are in good condition.
我钦佩您的决心 先生
I do admire your resolution, sir,
这种天气出去冒险…
venturing out in such weather…
韦斯顿夫人 派对
Mrs. Weston, the party.
我们无能为力 下雪了
There’s nothing we can do. It is snowing.
我们应该马上离开
We should go at once.
马车在哪里 詹姆斯在哪里
Wh-Where is the carriage? Where is James?
幸好我们有不止一辆马车
Of course, fortunately, we do have more than one carriage,
如果一辆被风吹翻…
so if one is blown over in the wind…
-亲爱的 别说了 -圣诞快乐
– Husband, please. – Happy Christmas.
非常抱歉 我们必须走了
I am so very sorry. We must leave.
还好弗兰克没来过圣诞节
I think we shall be very glad that-that Frank did not come at Christmas.
找找你的嗅瓶 爸爸
Look to your vinaigrette, Papa.
奈特利先生 你得把马车移开
Mr. Knightley, you must move your carriage.
-我爸爸不舒服 -驾走吧
– My father is not well. – Take it.
最先出发 能最早到家
It is first and will be the fastest.
你会得要命的风寒
You will catch your death.
你的丈夫不…不强健
Your husband is not… is not strong.
那我和你同乘
I’ll ride with you, then.
显然我可能会没命
Evidently, I may not survive.
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse.
埃尔顿先生
Mr. Elton!
我必须借此宝贵的机会
I must avail myself of this precious opportunity
表达你肯定已经知悉的感情
to declare sentiments which must be already well known.
埃尔顿先生 你喝太多了
Mr. Elton, please. You’ve drunk too much wine.
我深深的依恋
My ardent attachment.
埃尔顿先生
Mr. Elton!
你忘形了
You forget yourself.
如果你拒绝我 我就去死
I am ready to die if you refuse me.
你把我误认为我朋友了
You take me for my friend.
你有任何消息要给史密斯小姐
Any message you have to Miss Smith,
我都乐意传达
I shall be happy to deliver.
史密斯小姐
For Miss Smith?
给史密斯小姐传消息
A message for Miss Smith?
我一直以来从没想过史密斯小姐
I never thought of Miss Smith in the whole course of my existence.
从未怎么关注她 只把她当你的朋友
Never paid her any attentions but as your friend.
从未在乎她是生是死
Never cared whether she were dead or alive
只把她当你的朋友
but as your friend.
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse.
伍德豪斯小姐在前 谁还会想史密斯小姐
Who can think of Miss Smith when Miss Woodhouse is near?
我这么多日子来说的做的
Everything I have said or done for many weeks
都只为一个目的
has been with the sole view
向你表达我的爱慕
of making my adoration to yourself.
迷人的伍德豪斯小姐
Charming Miss Woodhouse…
请允许我解读这…