原来是这样
Good God.
那你知不知道 奈特利先生是否也对你心存爱慕
And have you any idea of Mr. Knightley’s returning your affection?
我认为我知道
I must say that I have.
他对我非常温柔体贴
He has shown me sweetness and kindness.
在唐维尔庄园时 他非常耐心地跟我描述了
And at Donwell, he took great pains to describe to me
他对佃农管理方面的细节
some particulars of the management of his tenant farms.
虽然我们被打断了 但在那之前
We were interrupted, but before we were…
他似乎就要问出口
he seemed almost to be asking me
我是否有所心动
if my affections were engaged.
好吧 但是有没有可能
Yes, but is it possible
他是在暗指马丁先生呢
that he might have been alluding to Mr. Martin?
也许他那么做是为了马丁先生
That he might have had Mr. Martin’s interest in view?
你认为奈特利先生喜欢的是你
You think of Mr. Knightley for yourself.
哈丽特
Harriet.
我并没有自以为是地觉得
I-I do not flatter myself
他对我心存爱慕
with any idea of his attachment to me.
哈丽特
Harriet.
我早该想到 他会喜欢我而不是你
I should have considered it too great a presumption
是个太离谱的假设了
even to think of him but for you.
哈丽特
Harriet.
我了解他不是那种
I know that he is the last man
刻意对女士过分热情
who would intentionally give any woman the idea
让人误解他的心意的人
of his feeling more for her than he does, so…
如果你相信
if you believe…
他爱着你
he loves you…
我是因为你才拒绝了马丁先生
I refused Mr. Martin because of you.
因为…
Because…
哈丽特
Harriet.
爱玛
Emma!
奈特利先生
Mr. Knightley.
你听说那个消息了吗
Have you heard the news?
费尔法克斯小姐和弗兰克·丘吉尔的事
Miss Fairfax and Frank Churchill.
我完全没预料到
I did not see it.
不过我近来似乎总是不善识人
But then I seem to have been doomed to blindness.
时间 我最亲爱的爱玛 时间会愈合伤痛
Time, my dearest Emma… time will heal the wound.
很快他就会离开了
He will soon be gone.
你会忘掉他的
You will forget him.
你这么说真贴心 但是你弄错了
You are very kind, but you are mistaken.
我对所发生的事未能察觉
My blindness to what was going on
致使我做了令自己羞愧的事情
led me to act in a way that I must always be ashamed of,
但除此之外我没什么遗憾的
but I have no other regret.
我所指的是
With respect to…
丘吉尔先生
Mr. Churchill.
他是男人的耻辱
He is a disgrace to the name of man.
而他却能娶到那位甜美的年轻女士
And is he to be rewarded with that sweet young woman?
简 简
Jane, Jane…
你将会过得很凄惨
you’ll be a miserable creature.
所有事都朝着对他有利的方向发展了
Everything turns out for his good.
他舅妈碍着他的事了 然后他舅妈去世了
His-his aunt is in the way, his aunt dies.
他卑鄙地利用了所有人
He uses everybody ill,
而 而大家都毫无怨言地原谅了他
and-and-and they’re delighted to forgive him.
他真是个幸运的家伙
He is a fortunate man, indeed.
你听起来好像非常嫉妒他
You speak as if you envied him.
我确实嫉妒他
And I do envy him.
爱玛
Emma.
从某方面说 他就是我的嫉妒的实体
In one respect, he is the object of my envy.
你不打算问我为什么
You will not ask me why.
你 你非常
You are… you-you are…
你非常坚定 我看出来了 对此毫不感兴趣
you are determined, I see, to have no curiosity.
你很理智
You are wise.
但我无法理智
But I cannot be wise.
我必须告诉你 爱玛 你不打算问出口的事
I must tell you, Emma, what you will not ask,
即便我说出口的下一秒就会后悔
though I may wish it unsaid the next moment.
那就不要说
Then do not speak it.
如果 你想作为一个朋友
If you wish to speak to me…
对我倾诉
as a friend
或者问问我作为一个朋友
or to ask my opinion…
有何看法
as a friend,
那我就听听你想说的话
I will hear whatever you like.
“作为朋友” 爱玛 那个词就是我害怕的
“As a friend.” Emma, that, I fear, is a word…
告诉我 爱玛
Tell me, Emma.
难道我就一点成功的机会都没有吗
Have I no chance of ever succeeding?
我最亲爱的爱玛
My dearest Emma,
我永远最亲爱的爱玛
for dearest you will always be,
我最亲爱的最深爱的爱玛 现在就告诉我
my dearest, most beloved Emma, tell me at once.
我不会长篇大论
I cannot make speeches.
如果我
If I…
如果我不那么爱你
If I… if I loved you less,
也许我还能夸夸其谈
then I might be able to talk about it more,
但你
but y-y-you-you…
你知道我是什么样的人
you know what I am.
我总是对你说教
I have… I have lectured you,
我总是责备你
and I’ve… I’ve blamed you, and…
而那一切你都容忍♥了
and you have borne it
全英格兰没有其他女人能像你那样容忍♥我
as no other woman in England could have borne it.
天知道我是个多么不合格的恋人
God knows I have been a very indifferent lover.
但你了解我
But you understand me.
你能理解我的感受
You-you understand my feelings.
你愿意嫁给我吗
Will you marry me?
爱玛
Emma.
爱玛
Emma.
爱玛
Emma.
-爱玛 -不行 我
– Emma. – No, I…
爱玛
Emma.
不行 我
No, I…

I…
我不能嫁给你
I-I cannot.
为什么不能
Why not?
哈丽特
Harriet!
-哈丽特 什… -她爱上你了
– Harriet? Wh… – She’s in love with you!
而且她相信你也爱她
And she believes that you may love her, too.
你邀请她跳舞了
And… and you danced with her!
还对她很体贴
And shown her kindness
在唐维尔庄园也对她照顾有加
and took notice of her at Donwell
还和她谈佃农的事 还
and spoke of farming and…
还似乎要问她
And seemed on the verge of asking
是否心动
if her affections were engaged!
对罗伯特·马丁 我想问她是否对罗布特·马丁心动
To Robert Martin! To Robert Martin!
这都是她告诉你的吗
She told you this?
我不能再伤她的心了
I cannot break her heart again.
我今晚就找罗伯特·马丁来
I shall… I shall call on Robert Martin this very evening.
我要催他再次
I shall urge him to put his suit
跟史密斯小姐示爱
to Miss Smith a second time.
他仍然爱着他 我敢肯定
He still loves her. I’m certain that he does.
他只需要再示爱一次就行了
He need only ask again.
这次不写信了 当面求爱
Not-not by letter, but in person.

No.
不行 得由我去
No, I must do it.
我得走了
I must go.
马丁先生
Mr. Martin…
我必须向你忏悔
I have a confession to make.
我给你带来了巨大的痛苦
I have caused you great suffering.
也同样带给我的朋友巨大的折磨
As I have also caused the suffering of my friend.
我最亲爱的朋友
My dearest friend.
Foundation
♪ 耶♥和♥华♥的圣徒们 在主的美好的世界 ♪
♪ How firm a foundation, Ye saints of the Lord ♪
♪ 为你的信仰构建了多么坚固的基石 ♪
♪ Is laid for your faith in his excellent word ♪
♪ 他已经说了许多 还能再说些什么 ♪
♪ What more can he say than to you he hath said ♪
♪ 你们这些逃向基♥督♥寻求庇护的人们 ♪
♪ You who unto Jesus for refuge have fled? ♪
哈丽特
Harriet.
罗伯特·马丁先生又向我求婚了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!