跟母亲打声招呼
Aron. Say hello to your mother.
卡尔
Cal.
-艾伦 跟母亲打声招呼吧 -哦
-Say hello to your mother, Aron! -Oh!
乔 不 不
Joe! No! No!
-再弹一首 -安静
-Play another song! -Quiet!

Five!
“我想念摇见着紫色梅子的 紫丁香树
I’m thinking of the lilac trees That shook their purple plumes
我想念沁凉如银的小溪
I’m thinking of the rivulet With its cool and silvery flow
溪中有老旧的灰石倒影 和石头旁的薄荷”
Of the old gray rock that shadowed it And the peppermint below”
-艾伦呢 -我不知道 我又不是我哥的褓姆
-Where is Aron? -I don’t know. I’m not my brother’s keeper.
-你去了哪里 -兜风
-Where did you go? -For a ride.
-你们在吵什么 -你
-What did you quarrel about? -You.
-你因为钱的事生气 -不 我不生气
-You’re angry about the money. -No, I’m not angry.
我喜欢 我觉得那很棒
I like it. I think it’s great.
我要离开了 要把那笔钱带走
I’m gonna go away and take that money with me.
我想我要做点小生意 就像我妈那样
I think I’ll start me a little business. Just like my mother did.
-你知道你♥妈♥的♥什么事 -我知道她在哪和做什么
-What do you know about your mother? -I know where she is and what she is.
我知道她为何离开你 她受不了了
And I know why she left you. Couldn’t stand it.
你并没有真的爱过她 就像你对我一样
You didn’t really love her any more than you do me.
因为你的善 你的正直
Because of your goodness, your rightness.
你从没有给过我和妈妈一点点
You never gave either one of us an inch ever…
你认为是对的事
from what you thought was right.
你不断原谅我们 但你从没爱过我们
You kept on forgiving us, but you never really loved us.
我知道你为何不爱我
I know why you didn’t love me.
因为我像妈妈
Because I’m like my mother…
而你并没有原谅自己 曾经爱过她
and you never forgave yourself for having loved her.
哦 是啊
Oh yeah.
我不会原谅他 我永远也不会原谅他
I’m not gonna forgive him. I’m never gonna forgive him.
-艾伦 在哪里 -他跟她在一起 跟他妈妈在一起
-Where is Aron? -He’s with her, with his mother.
如果你想知道 她就在蒙特瑞这里
She’s over there in Monterey, if you wanna know.
她在那里有很多房♥子
She owns one of them houses.
今晚我把 艾伦 带过去了 因为我很忌妒
I took Aron there tonight because I was jealous.
我这一生都在 忌妒 忌妒得我自己都受不了
I’ve been jealous all my life. Jealous, I couldn’t even stand it.
今晚 我甚至想买♥♥回你的爱
Tonight, I even tried to buy your love.
但现在我再也不要了
But now I don’t want it anymore.
-我再也用不着了 -卡尔 别这样跟你父亲说话
-I can’t use it anymore. -Cal, don’t talk to your father like that.
我再也不需要任何一种爱了
I don’t want any kind of love anymore.
完全不值得
It doesn’t pay off
没有未来
No future in it.
再也不想要了
Don’t want it anymore.
如果他想就让他走吧
Let him go if he wants to.

No.
不 我不要
No, I won’t.
你也恨我 对吧
You hate me too, don’t you?
我很怕你
I’m afraid of you.
你今晚对 艾伦 做的事
What you did to Aron tonight,
我不知道会对他产生什么影响
I don’t know what it will do to him.
我觉得我也有错
I feel like I’m to blame too.
-亚当 亚当 亚当 -在这 什么事
-Adam! Adam! Adam! -Here. What is it?
他醉了然复打了几场架 他好像疯了
drunk and had a couple fights. He’s gone kind of crazy.
他现在在车站 等等 我开车载你去 卡尔
He’s at the station now. I’ll drive you down in my car. Cal!
卡尔
Cal.
-你和 艾伦 之问出了什么事 -怎样
-What happened between you and Aron? -Why?
他好像疯了 喝醉了还跟人打架
He’s gone kind of crazy. He’s drunk and had a couple of fights…
好像有心要让自己受伤
and seemed determined to get himself hurt.
他要跟今晚的军车一起离开
He’s leaving on that troop train tonight…
他说他明天就要去国王城报到入伍
and says he’s gonna enlist tomorrow at King City.
亚当 在赶过去的路上 想在他离开前跟他谈谈
Adam’s on his way down there now to talk to him before the train leaves.
我想你最好也去
I think you better get down there.
-好 -我车子在下面
-Yeah. -My car’s downstairs.
艾伦
Aron.
艾伦
Aron.
♪ 因为我从头到脚都爱他 ♪
‘Cause I love from head to toesie.
♪ 我的爱人 ♪
Lovey mine
你知道中风是什么吗
Do you know what a stroke is, exactly?
那是由震惊所造成 使得脑部溢血
This one is a leakage of blood in the brain caused by shock.
以前发生过较小的溢血
There’s been earlier, smaller leakages.
左半部麻痹了 右半部部分麻痹
The left side is paralyzed, and the right side partly.
也就是说 你父亲已经不能动了
In other words, your father is nearly helpless.
-他会死吗 -他可能会活一周或一年
-Will he die? -He might live a week or a year.
也可能今晚就死
He might die tonight.
-他还认得我吗 -你得自己去求答案了
-Will he know me? -You’ll have to find that out for yourself.
再见
Good day.
谢谢
Thank you.
再见 医生 再见 山姆
Good day, doctor. Good day, Sam.
“坎恩 反抗他的兄弟 亚伯 并杀了他
Cain rose up against his brother Abel, and slew him.
坎恩离开并住在伊句园东的诺德”
And Cain went away and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
你为什么不到别的地方去
Now why don’t you go away some place?
-他说对了 -不
-He’s right. -No.
对 他是对的 我就该这么做
Yes, he is. He’s right. That’s what I’ll do.
我就该这么做
That’s what I’ll do.
谁来帮我洗这些东西啊
Who’s gonna wash these things for me?
谢谢
Thank you.
-哦 你在这里 -他怎么样
-Oh, there you are. -How is he?
他没事 他真是可亲
Oh, he’s fine. He’s my darling.
替他洗了脸 梳了头发
Washed his face, combed his hair.
我现在能进去吗
Can I go in there now?
只能一下子 我要他多休息 他需要很多睡眠
Just for a minute. I want him to rest. Gotta get lots of sleep.
-他到底怎么样 -在医院时没看到你吧
-How is he really? -Haven’t I seen you at the hospital?
-那你不是他的家人喽 -不
-Not part of the family, are you? -No.
我想也不是
I didn’t think so.
那我此可以告诉你 我这工作做不长久啦
Well, I can tell you, I won’t have this job for long.
真走运 总是碰到这种 又老又快死的人
That’s my luck. Always seem to get them when they’re old and ready to die off.
他看来很不错吧 他真是个合作的病人
Now doesn’t he look nice? He’s gonna be a darling patient.
甚至想对我笑呢 对不对 亲爱的
Even tried to smile at me, didn’t you, my dear?
-别让我的病人太劳累 -请你离开
-I don’t want you to tire my patient. -Please go.
小姐你听好 少对我颐指气使的
Now listen, miss, don’t you try to order me about.
我会报告医生
I’ll report you to the doctor.
能否请你离开房♥问 关上门
Will you go out of the room and shut the door?
父亲
Father.
你能听见吗
Can you hear me?
我做了错事
I did an awful thing.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我 我
I’m I’m…
崔斯克先生
Mr. Trask.
崔斯克先生 你听得见吗
Mr. Trask, can you hear me?
还是你只是不肯回 卡尔 的话
Is it just Cal you won’t answer?
你能回话吗
Can you answer?
我想你能听懂我的
I think you can understand me, though.
我想在你双眼复面 你仍和以往一样睿智
I think behind your eyes you’re just as alert as ever.
你明白我所说的一切 只是你无法表达
You understand everything I say, only you can’t show it.
崔斯可先生
Mr. Trask.
崔斯克先生 我很抱歉 这么大胆地跟你说话
Excuse me, Mr. Trask, for daring to speak to you this way…
但不被爱真的很痛苦 那是世界上最糟糕的事了
but it’s awful not to be loved. It’s the worst thing in the world.
别问我我是怎么知道的 我就是知道
Don’t ask me how I know that. I just know it.
那会让你又坏又残暴
It makes you mean and violent and cruel.
而那正是 卡尔 的感受 他向来如此
And that’s the way Cal has always felt, all his life.
我知道你并不想要这样 但这是真的
I know you didn’t mean it to be that way, but it’s true.
你从没有爱过他 你也从不要他的爱
You never gave him your love. You never asked him for his.
你从未要求他做什么事
You never asked him for one thing.
卡尔 要走了 崔斯克先生 但在他走之前
Cal is going away, Mr. Trask. But before he goes, well…
他做了一件很坏的事 我不是要你原谅他
Well, he did something very bad, and I’m not asking you to forgive him.
你必须给他一点暗示 让他知道你爱他
You have to give him some sign that you love him…
否则他永远不会成人
or else he’ll never be a man.
他会永远觉得罪恶和孤单 除非你能释放他
He’ll just keep on feeling guilty and alone unless you release him.
请你帮帮他吧
Please help him.
崔斯克先生 我爱卡尔 我要他完整 坚强
I love Cal, Mr. Trask, and I want him to be whole and strong…
而你是唯一能让他成长的人
and you’re the only one who can do it.
请你试试吧
So try, please try.
只要让他为你做点事
If you could ask him for something…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!