可是你没出去
But you’re not.
这样..
So, um..
跟你约会好吗?
how about a date?
马拉凯
Malachi.
我,噢,自己进来的.是的-你自己进来的,嗯
I, uh, let myself in. Yes.-Let yourself in, yes.
要我离开吗?
Shall I leave you two alone?
不用,先生.你的信
It’s not necessary, sir. Your mail.
和报纸
And your news.
谢谢你亲自送来-我的荣幸,先生
Thank you for the personal delivery.-My pleasure, sir.
另有一个消息.你父亲周末才会回来
One additional news item. Your father is returning at the end of the week.
我能否建议今晚的晚餐..
And may I assume from the intense odor of mayonnaise in the air..
弄些蛋黄酱?
that, uh, we will be dining in tonight?
事实上,不行,我们要出去
Actually, no. We’re going out.
同意吗?出去?
Aren’t we? Going out?
好啊
Sure.
我们要出去
We’re going out.
你看起来很漂亮
You look great.
有记录说,这里的食物是全市最棒的新开的食肆
The Chronicle, the food review, said it was the best new place in town.
最棒的,好吗?-很好
The best, uh..Isn’t this great?-It’s great.
好的-哦
Okay.-Oh.
很好
Okay.
很好,谢谢-应该的,先生
Great. Thank you.-Certainly, sir.
我母亲说你不必样样都喜欢
My mother said you don’t have to like everything..
但是都要尝一下
but you have to try everything.

Oh.
我母亲一直说,尝尝没错
My mother always said, “Pass the Velveeta.”
那是什么?-生牛肉
What is it?-Raw cow.
绝对的
Dead.
如果我扔了呢?
What if I throw up?
那我就该看着你了
Then I’ll take care of you.
快呀
Go ahead.
生牛肉片
Carpaccio.
生牛肉片
Carpaccio.
好吃吗?-很棒
Isn’t that great?-It’s great.
这种东西要多少钱?
What do they, um, charge for something like this?
不知道,噢,30元吧?
I don’t know. Uh, 30, was it?
30?哇喔
Thirty? Wow.
哇喔-怎么了?
Wow.-What?
没什么,很好吃
No, it’s great.
这地方很棒
This place is great.
其实不好,对不对?
It’s not great, is it?
维克多..
Victor..
嗨!-嘿,嘿!希尔!
Hi!-Hey, hey! Hil!
宝贝!发生什么了?
Baby! What’s going on?
这是维克多,这是吉姆
This is Victor. This is Jim.
你怎么样,吉姆?-好了,好了
How are you doing, Jim?-All right, all right.
来吧,我们一起来跳-我们一起跳吧?
Come on. Let’s jam.-Shall we dance?
不,不,我..-能帮我拿一下衣服吗?
No, no, I’m..-Could you hold my jacket?
是的,当然-不要紧张
Yes. Of course.-Don’t be nervous.
你在跳舞还是在占坑啊?
Are you dancing or taking up space?
小心.过来啦!-喔哦!
Watch out. Coming through!-Whoa!
对不起!对不起!
Excuse me! Excuse me!
抱歉,伙计
Sorry, man.
嗨-你好棒
Hi.-You were great.
谢谢
Thanks.
嘿,当心!
Hey, look out!
这地方也并不是那么好,对吧?
This place isn’t really that great either, is it?
你要回餐厅吗?-不要
Shall we go back to the restaurant?-No.
阿瑟·鲁宾斯坦
Arthur Rubinstein.
他奏这曲子时约八十岁了.我见过他
He was almost 80 when he played this. I met him.
我的..我母亲带我到他家,我跟他握过手
My..My mother took me to his apartment. I shook his hand.
手和打篮球的人一样大,人倒是好瘦
Size of a basketball player’s. This little, skinny man.
她怎么会认识他?
How’d she know him?
他是我父亲法律事务所的客户
He was a client of my father’s law firm.
哦.我很惊讶-我父亲是很厉害的人
Oh. I’m impressed.-My father is a very impressive man.
要是我喝了这个可以抽根烟吗?-不行
Do I get a cigarette if I drink this?-No.
这个怎么样?
How is this one?
呣-呣?
Mmm.-Mmm?
呣.还有更棒的在后头
Mm-hmm. And the hits keep coming.
但是太晚了-再一首.这是最棒的
It’s awfully late.-One more. This is the best one.
我相信你是在怀念一位美丽的死去的女子
I’m sure you have a story to go with it about some beautiful dead woman.
是的,我母亲
Yes. My mother.
这是她最爱的曲子
This was her favorite song.
她在我九岁时死了,她很美
She died when I was nine. She was beautiful.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
跳舞吗?
Dance?
谢谢约我出去
Thanks for the date.
我不再做化学治疗了
I’m done with the chemotherapy.
噢,那是最后一次-真的?
Uh, that was the last one.-Really?
对.那是个疗程,结束了
Yeah. It’s a course. It’s over.
你不是要检查吗?
I thought you had to take a test.
你要打电♥话♥给我大夫吗?-不要
Would you like to call my doctor?-No.
去呀,电♥话♥在桌子上-我说了不要
Go ahead. The number’s on the desk.-I said no.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
噢,那是你救我的报偿
Uh, that’s what you get for saving my life.
相信我,没事了
Believe me, it’s done.
噢,为了庆祝,我们要离开这里
And, uh, to celebrate, we are going away.
去哪?-去北方
Where?-Up north.
我好多年没离开这里了
I haven’t been out of here for years.
你父亲呢?-噢,我明早会给他电♥话♥
What about your father?-Uh, I’ll call him in the morning.
度个假
A vacation.
我必须完成我的论文,这儿五分钟门响一次
I need to finish my thesis. The door buzzes every five minutes here.
两星期一次-那将是个冒险
Once in two weeks.-It’ll be an adventure.
我们该有一次冒险,安全的冒险
We deserve an adventure, a safe adventure.
只要几小时车程就可回医院
It’s only a couple-hour drive right back to the hospital.
听着,我会签份契约,好吗?
Look, I will sign a contract, okay?
我,维克多·格迪斯,保证回来,万一出了什么事
I, Victor Geddes, promise to return if anything happens.
任何事,随你说
Anything. You name it.
例如你死掉吗?-不
Like you die?-No.
我不会死
I’m not going to die.
我会复原,但没有协助我做不到
I’m going to recover, but I can’t do it without help.
没有你我办不到
I can’t do it without you.
这里限速55-什么?
It’s a 55 zone.-What?
你再开快车,这破车会爆掉
If you drive any faster, this heap will blow up.
这不是破车
This is not a heap.
这是1974年的凯迪拉克,我自己买♥♥的
This is a 1974 Cadillac, bought and paid for by yours truly.
颜色也很棒-颜色很棒,车也很酷
Nice color too.-It’s a cool color. It’s a cool car.
维克多,你能说酷得不得了吗?
Can you say that, Victor? “Cool”?
我只会说时速70英里
I can say “70 miles an hour”. I can say that.
呃,那么..你来开吧?
Well, then..why don’t you drive?
不!请别那样,我不会.我不会开.希拉里
No! Please don’t do that. I can’t. I can’t drive. Hilary.
你开玩笑吗?-谢谢你的同情
Are you kidding me?-Thank you for your compassion.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我父亲有司机,我从没学过怎么开车
My father had a driver. I never learned how.
我想现在你该学了-不,拜托别那么做!
I think it’s time you started to learn.-No, please don’t do that!
很好玩,不是吗?-拿着..握着方向盘
It’s cool, huh?-Take..Take the wheel.
我会帮你的,我会帮你开在车道线中间
I’m helping you. I’m helping you stay between the lines.
对了,你做得不错.对了
There you go. You’re doing fine. There you go.
我知道为什么喜欢这里-为什么?
I know why you like it here.-Why?
因为所有这些建筑物都有修建的日期
‘Cause all these buildings have dates on them.
哦,看那.别看.看着路
Oh, look at that. Don’t look. Watch the road.
开快一点?-什么?
Going a little fast?-What?
我开玩笑的,你开得很稳嘛
I’m kidding. You’re driving, like, 23 miles an hour.
吓着你了?
Scared you?
谢谢
Thank you.
哦,看.嗨!
Oh, look. Hi!
我们才刚搬来!
We just moved in!
很友善的邻居
Kind and friendly neighbor.
来,让我来提
Here, let me get that.
没事-没事
It’s okay.-It’s okay.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!