– About what? – Well, it’s not right, surely,
我们受到这样的羞辱
for us to be humiliated in this way.
他又能怎样呢
Well, what could he do about it?
难道皇室下榻的时候
Is the staff always ridden over roughshod
仆人总这样被践踏吗
whenever royalty come to stay?
他们干吗随身带那么多仆人
Why do they bring so many servants with them?
或许是因为他们要跑遍全郡
Maybe it’s because they go from house to house around the county
所以想确保一切按他们的喜欢的方式来
and they need to know things are done the way they like.
难道我们就做不好吗
As if we couldn’t manage that.
我们不是足球 贝茨先生
We’re not footballs, Mr. Bates,
我们不该被这样踢走
and we don’t deserve a kicking.
但我们怎么跟巴罗说
But what are we to say to Barrow?
毕竟 他没做错什么
After all, he’s done nothing wrong.
他根本什么都没做 问题就在这里
He’s done nothing at all. That’s the problem.
但这似乎很不公平
But it feels very unfair.
这样啊
Oh, I see.
这就来了
So it’s now.
我已叫人去喊巴罗先生来了 老爷
I’ve sent down for Mr. Barrow to join us, milord.
您找我 老爷
You wanted to see me, milord?
卡森先生
Mr. Carson!
您怎么来了
What brings you here?
是这样的
Well, this is the thing.
皇室下榻期间 卡森会搬回来住
Carson is going to move back into the house for the royal visit.
什么
What?
您要回来做管家吗
You are coming back here as butler
我才是管家
when I am the butler here?
是的 这…
Yes, uh, that is…
我可以问问这事谋划多久了吗 老爷
Can I ask how long this has been planned, milord?
倒也说不上是谋划
Well, I wouldn’t say it’s been exactly planned.
因为我不太懂
Because I don’t quite understand
这下我怎么办
where it leaves me.
-你可以算是… -如果您允许
– Well, you can be a sort of… – With your permission,
我不想”算是”什么 老爷
I’d prefer not to be a “sort of” anything, milord.
如果有必要
I will surrender my position
造访期间我会让位
for the duration of the visit, if I must,
等陛下离开后 再继续为您服务
and serve you again when Their Majesties have gone,
如果这是您的意思
if you so wish.
-请不要认为… -对了
– Please don’t think that… – By the way,
锅炉出了问题 没有热水了
the boiler’s playing up, and there’s no hot water.
天啊 这可好
God, that’s all we need.
巴罗
Now, Barrow…
别担心 水管工很快就能修好 小姐
Not to worry. The plumber will soon have it mended, milady,
今晚和明早我们用水壶把热水
and we’ll bring water jugs up to the bedrooms tonight
拿上楼就好
and in the morning.
这又不难
It can’t be that hard.
三百年来不都这么干的
We did it for 300 years.
谢谢 卡森
Thank you, Carson.
真是顺利
Well, that went well.
您要解雇他吗
Will you sack him?
不 事实上 我还觉得挺有趣
No. As a matter of fact, I was quite interested.
我以前可从没觉得他是个有原则的人
I never thought of him as a man of principle before.
我得告诉他
I’ll have to tell him
我只是来为仆人采购的
I’m only ordering for the servants’ hall.
我恐怕是让他白抱希望了
I’m afraid I’ve got his hopes up.
正说着你呢
Speak of the devil.
快进来
Come in, come in.
我刚刚还说 你肯定想确认订单
I was just saying you’ll be wanting to finalize the order.
是吗
Were you, indeed?
真的 村里的人
Honestly, no one in the village
-张口闭口都在说这个 -当然了
– can talk about anything else. – Of course.
我知道这有点自作主张
Oh, now, I know it’s a bit of a liberty,
但我列出了所有你最喜欢做的菜的原料
but I’ve made a list of all the ingredients of your favorite dishes.
这么多年了 我早背熟了
I know them well enough after all these years.
但有些东西还得另买♥♥
But some things will have to be brought in,
所以我们真得抓紧了
so we should really get on with it.
我感谢你的一切努力 贝克韦尔先生
Well, I appreciate everything you’ve done, Mr. Bakewell…
我都要乐开花了
My heart is fit to burst,
真的
I don’t mind telling you.
我的小店为国王陛下提供了食物
I shall have fed the king-emperor from my own shop.
只可惜我父亲看不到了
If only my father were alive.
不然他肯定会很为我骄傲
He’d be so proud of me. He would.
他肯定本来就为你骄傲的 贝克韦尔先生
Well, I-I’m sure he’d be proud of you anyway, Mr. Bakewell.
不不 这可不一样
Oh, no, no, not like this, no.
这是我职业生涯的巅峰
This is the peak of my career.
也是我人生的巅峰
Well, the peak of my life, really.
大家都好嫉妒
Everyone’s so jealous.
我在我觉得你会需要的东西旁打了勾
Oh, now, I’ve put ticks next to the ones I think you’ll go for.
-是这样… -我猜午餐大概是
– Now, the thing is… – I’m guessing the luncheon
12个人左右
will be for around a dozen.
当然了 晚宴要更盛大
Of course, the dinner will be larger.
30个人差不多吧
Let’s say 30 or thereabouts?
如果我说错了请您纠正
You’ll correct me if I’m wrong.
-是这样… -您说对了 贝克韦尔先生
– Well, you see… – You’re not wrong, Mr. Bakewell.
但如果人数有变我们再告诉您
But we’ll say if the numbers change.
奶油水果蛋白饼不太实际
The pavlova’s not realistic.
还是俄式奶油蛋糕更保险
We’d be safer with a charlotte russe.
大部分能提前准备
We can do most of the work before.
我还能服侍他们
And I shall be serving!
想想看啊
Think of that!
我跟一个跟威尔士王子跳过舞的
I’ve danced with a man who’s danced with a girl
女孩跳过舞的男人跳过舞
Who’s danced with the Prince of Wales
-我激动疯了 -快停下 莫斯利先生
– I’m crazy with excitement – No. Stop it, Mr. Molesley.
完全乐坏了
Completely off the rails.
我的供应商都激动极了
All of my suppliers are so excited.
帕特莫太太
Mrs. Patmore,
我将永远对您感激不尽
I shall never be able to thank you enough,
哪怕我活到一百岁
not if I live to be 100.
我觉得自己是个骗子
I feel like a liar.
我该回去
I should go back.
让村里人把你当成卑微的
And lower yourself to a kitchen skivvy
厨房♥女佣吗
in the eyes of the village?
更别说让贝克韦尔先生难过一年了
Never mind ruining Mr. Bakewell’s year.
你不能这么做
You’ll do no such thing.
没带女仆 没带贴身男仆
No maid. No valet.
甚至没带保姆
No nanny, even.
都1927年了
It’s 1927.
我们是现代人
We’re modern folk.
保姆会照顾玛丽戈德
Nanny will take care of Marigold.
安娜会照顾你
And Anna can look after you.
是吗 真的吗
Really? Can she?
当然了
Of course.
就像以前一样 奶奶和伊泽贝尔都来了
Just like the old days. Granny’s here, and Isobel,
我们下午还要去拜访玛丽公主
and we’re paying a call this afternoon on Princess Mary.
我的新舞会裙到了吗
Has my new ball dress arrived?
还没呢 会来的
Not yet, but it will.
你好 玛丽
Hello, Mary.
你好吗
How are you?
你为王后陛下工作多久了 劳顿小姐
How long have you worked for Her Majesty, Miss Lawton?
-六年 -真有趣
– Six years. – How interesting.
能担此大任 你一定是个技艺高超的女裁缝
I expect you’re a skilled needlewoman for that job.
至少没人对我的手艺有过不满
Well, I’ve had no complaints.
我曾师从露西尔女士
I trained under Madame Lucile.
王后陛下想要个专业的裁缝
Her Majesty wanted a professional dressmaker.
于是便找了你吗
And they found you?
是我的声名让他们找到了我
My reputation found me.
快点 你们两个 快3点了
Come on, you two. It’s nearly 3:00.
我们需要做好准备
We ought to get ready.
-公主会参加阅兵吗 -谢谢
– Will the princess be at the parade? – Thank you.
-他们夫妇都会的 -我们说好几点到
– They both will. – What time are they expecting us?
我一直觉得玛丽公主非常悲伤
I always find her rather sad, Princess Mary.
她是皇室成员