The royal butler’s terribly scary.
巴罗活像看到眼镜蛇的兔子
Barrow looked like a rabbit in front of a cobra.
天啊 需要我下去吗
Oh, dear. Should I go down?
他们有数的
They know what they’re doing.
是吗 他们的工作严重滞后
Do they? They’re hideously behind.
蓝房♥的地毯上有块弄不掉的污渍
There’s a mark on the Blue Room carpet we can’t shift.
我也没给阅兵找到椅子
I have no chairs for the parade.
男仆的事也还没定下来
And we haven’t even decided on the footmen.
如果没人上来服侍 我自己再倒杯茶吧
I’m going to have another cup, if no one’s coming up to serve.
真不错
This is nice.
玛丽公主邀请我们明天去哈伍德喝下午茶
Princess Mary wants us for tea tomorrow at Harewood.
我还有一堆事呢
I’ve got so much to do.
不知这是不是表示这对年轻夫妇
I wonder if that means the young couple
住进了大宅里
have taken over the big house.
他们可算不上”年轻夫妇”
They’re hardly “the young couple.”
至少他不算
Well, he isn’t, anyway.
我一直觉得她很害羞
She always seems quite shy to me.
害羞的皇室成员
A shy royal?
这不自相矛盾吗
Is that an oxymoron?
反正 我们要去
Anyway, we’re going.
好吧
Right.
我会回雷比城♥堡♥ 然后周四在陛下
I will return to Raby Castle and come back to Downton
到唐顿庄园之前先赶来
in advance of Their Majesties on Thursday.
但国王陛下的贴身男仆 埃利斯先生
But His Majesty’s valet, Mr. Ellis,
和王后陛下的服装师 劳顿小姐
and Her Majesty’s dresser, Miss Lawton,
会住下 希望不会不便
will stay on, if that is convenient.
他们也可以去村里住
Or they can put up in the village.
不 我们会给他们安排房♥间的
No, we’ll find them rooms.
还有主厨科贝特先生
Then Monsieur Courbet, the chef…
不好意思
E-Excuse me.
-主厨科贝特先生吗 -对
– Mr. Courbet, the chef? – That’s right.
我们希望你能准备好厨房♥
We’d be very grateful if you could make the kitchens ready.
那我要订购什么呢
So, what should I order?
不用 他会把东西都带来
Nothing. He will bring it all.
我们不做饭吗
And we don’t cook any of the food?
为仆人做饭就好
Cook for the servants.
科贝特先生不会有那个时间的
Monsieur Courbet won’t have time for that.
这样啊
Oh, I see.
那真是值得期待呢
That is something to look forward to.
冷静点 帕特莫太太
Calm yourself, Mrs. Patmore.
如果这是这种事的规矩…
If it’s the way these things are done…
韦伯太太和四位男仆会在
Mrs. Webb and four footmen will arrive
前一天随科贝特先生到来
with Monsieur Courbet the day before.
这位韦伯太太
Who is this…
是吗 她是谁
Mrs. Webb, is it?
她是女管家
She is the housekeeper.
她还会带来两位女仆
She will also bring two maids with her.
女管家
The housekeeper?
就是陛下下榻期间
While Their Majesties are here.
还有女仆呢
And the maids?
她们负责铺床
They will make the beds,
清理浴室 什么的
clean the bathrooms– that sort of thing.
这样啊
I see.
那我和我的女仆就不参与准备工作了吗
So, my maids and I will not be involved in the preparations?
就是说下榻期间 你是管家
You mean, during the stay, you’ll be the butler, and…
不好意思 我可不是管家
Excuse me. I am not a butler.
我是国王侍从长
I am the king’s Page of the Backstairs.
那我们的下人就无事可做吗
So, our staff has nothing to do?
他们肯定能帮上忙的
I’m sure they can be useful.
但如果主厨 贴身男仆 女仆都在这里
But how can they eat and get dressed at Raby Castle
他们要怎么在雷比城♥堡♥吃饭更衣
if the chef and the valet and the maid are all here?
所有仆人都有两个
We have two of each.
主贴身男仆和主服装师
The principal valet and the principal dresser
会先于陛下赶到
will arrive in advance of Their Majesties,
同行的还有掌马官 侍女
who bring an equerry, a lady-in-waiting,
两位警探 和两个司机
two detectives and two chauffeurs.
另一个主厨从雷比去哈伍德
The other chef goes from Raby to Harewood.
有四位男仆随他走 另外四位来这里
Four footmen go with him, and the other four come here.
你们都懂了吗
Do you all understand me?
你总不能在王后面前
You can hardly heckle Lady Bagshaw
为难巴格肖夫人
in front of the queen.
我只是想避免犯罪
Well, I’m just trying to prevent a crime.
-谁说这是犯罪了 -我说
– Who says it’s a crime? – I do.
你在这事上就是专家吗
Oh, and you’re an expert in the matter?
我在什么事上都是专家
I am an expert in every matter.
你肯定能猜到
You must have some idea
她为何不希望罗伯特做她的继承人吧
why she doesn’t want Robert as her heir.
我完全想不出
I have none.
他是她最近的亲属
He is her closest relative.
布朗普顿在她家流传三个世纪了
The family have held Brompton for three centuries.
但她想捐给谁呢
But she wants to give it to who?
慈善机构吗
Charity?
还是宠物机构
The dogs’ home?
我倒以为
Well, I would have thought
家里要操心的事够多了
the family had enough to worry about.
那不是重点
That’s not the point.
好吧
Well, very well.
我们得努力探明她的理由
We must try and discover her reasons.
能有什么理由呢
Well, what possible reasons can there be?
那就是我想知道的
Well, that’s what I intend to find out.
-卡森 -小姐
– Carson. – Oh, milady.
请进
Please come in.
真是荣幸
This is an honor.
我不想给你添麻烦 但我需要你帮助 卡森
I don’t want to be a nuisance, but I need your help, Carson.
巴罗实在难担重任
Barrow just isn’t up to the task.
-什么意思 小姐 -他不肯清理银器
– Milady? – He won’t clean the silver.
-或者说他不肯让安德鲁清理银器 -什么
– Or he won’t let Andrew clean it. – What?
他说那个什么侍从长
He says the page of the… thingummy
-会选择用哪件银器 -这样啊
– will choose which pieces to use. – I see.
事实上 他晕晕乎乎的
The truth is, he’s in a sort of trance.
你愿意帮我吗
Won’t you help me?
我感觉自己的担子好重
I feel I’m pushing a rock uphill.
我早上就去 小姐 您别担心
I’ll be there in the morning, milady. Don’t you worry.
你太好了 卡森 别的不说了
You’re a treasure, Carson. That’s all there is to say.
我自己出去了
I’ll see myself out.
你就是没法对她说不
You could never refuse her anything.
那巴罗先生怎么办
And what about Mr. Barrow?
巴罗先生要不高兴就得受着
Mr. Barrow can like it or lump it.
那他肯定是得受着了
Then I’m afraid he’ll lump it.
我们在楼上晚餐后用餐
We have supper after the upstairs dinner,
你的时间肯定够
so you’ve plenty of time.
谢谢
Thanks.
两个贴身男仆怎么工作啊
How does it work with two valets?
我为国王准备在唐顿穿的
Well, I prepare His Majesty’s clothes
衣服和制♥服♥
and uniforms for Downton.
然后等米勒先生到了
Then, when Mr. Miller arrives,
我再把在哈伍德要用的东西备好
I get the stuff for Harewood ready.
然后我回伦敦 为他们的归来做准备
Then I head back to London and prepare for their return.
一环扣一环
It all overlaps.
所以是米勒先生为国王更衣
So, Mr. Miller’s the one who actually dresses the king?
除非他生病 那就是我来
Unless he’s ill. Then it’s me.
他常生病吗
Is he often ill?

No.
真不像话 他们高高在上地提出要求
I think it’s rubbish. They impose, they demand,
现在我们在自己家里却无所适从
and now we’re to be made nothing in our own house.
我不否认 真是让人失望
It’s very disappointing, I won’t deny it.
这水不怎么热
This water’s not too hot.
他们都在洗澡吗
Have they all been having baths?
我怎么知道
How should I know?
巴罗先生 你不该跟老爷说说吗
Mr. Barrow, don’t you think you should speak to His Lordship?
-说什么 -这不像话吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!