噢,我告诉你
Oh, I will.
又爆了
Out again.
詹姆士修女认为我是清白的
Sister James is convinced I’m innocent.
你和詹姆士修女私底下谈过了
So you talked to Sister James.
你当然会去找詹姆士修女谈
Well, of course you talked to Sister James.
你知道唐纳德的爸爸打他么?
Did you know Donald’s father beats him?
知道
Yes.
这难道不可能是孩子举止奇怪的原因
And might that not account for the odd behavior
碰巧被詹姆士修女看见
Sister James noticed in the boy?
有可能
It might.
那还有什么问题? 什么问题!
Then what is it? What?
你听说什么了?
(STAMMERING) What did you hear?
你看到什么了? 才让你如此确定
What did you see that convinced you so thoroughly?
有何关系?
What does it matter?
当然有!有何关系,我想知道有何关系
It matters! What does it matter? I want to know!
透过这扇窗
Out this window,
我看到你抓住威廉的手腕
I saw you grab William London’s wrist,
然后他挣脱开
and I saw him pull away.
真的? – 当然
Are you serious? -I am.
就这些?
That’s all?
嗯,就这些
Yeah. That was all.
那不能代表什么
That’s nothing.
你要干什么? – 我把你说的记下来
What are you doing now? -I’m writing down what you say.
这样我才能说服别人必须将你撤职
It might be important when I have to explain why you have to be removed.
今天早上,在我和米勒夫人谈话前
This morning before I spoke with Mrs. Miller,
我打电♥话♥给你以前在的教区求证了
I took the precaution of calling your last parish.
他说什么?
What did he say?
谁? – 牧师
Who? -The pastor.
我没问牧师,我和其中一个修女谈了谈
I did not speak to the pastor. I spoke to a nun.
你应该和牧师谈
You should have spoken to the pastor.
我和修女谈了
I spoke to a nun.
这不符合程序
You know that’s not the proper route for you to have taken, Sister.
教堂有明确规定,有事应该找牧师
The church is very clear. You’re supposed to go through the pastor.
为啥?你和他串通过了?
Why? You have an understanding, you and he?
不是,你没有权利去调查我的过去!
No, you have no right to go rummaging through my past!
看来你有所隐情
You have a history.
这是你五年来呆的第三个教区了
This is your third parish in five years.
为什么? – 打电♥话♥给牧师
Why? -CaII the pastor.
问他原因 我绝对是清白的
Ask him why I left. It’s perfectly innocent.
我不打 – 我是个正直的牧师
I’m not calling the pastor. -I’m a good priest.
不停的摧残一个又一个男孩 终有一天你会被揭穿
Go after another child and another child, until you are stopped.
你和哪个修女谈过? – 不告诉你
What nun did you speak to? -I won’t say.
我从未碰过任何一个孩子 – 你有!
Yeah, I’ve not touched a child. -You have!
你没有任何证据
You haven’t the slightest proof of anything.
但是我的信念
But I have my certainty.
在它的驱使下我会去你上任教区
And armed with that, I’ll go to your last parish
再上一任教区 还会找父母问问
and the one before that. If necessary, I’ll find a parent.
弗林神父,我说到做到
Trust me, Father Flynn, I will.
你没权利这么做!
You have no right to act on your own !
你宣过誓,顺从就是其中一条!
You have taken vows, obeience being one!
你在我们面前发过誓!
You answer to us!
你没有权利跨出教堂半步!
You have no right to step outside the church !
如果必要我会走出教堂
I will step outside the church if that’s what needs to be done,
义无反顾,即使永远不回来
though the door should shut behind me!
该做的我一定会去做 即使我因此下地狱!
I will do what needs to be done, though I’m damned to hell !
请你弄清楚 不要小看我
You should understand that, or you will mistake me.
再问你一次,是不是你给唐纳德·米勒酒喝的?
Now, did you give Donald Miller wine to drink?
你做过错事吗?
Have you never done anything wrong?
当然 – 不可饶恕的大罪?
I have. -No mortal sin?

Yes.
后来如何?
And?
我坦白了,神父
I confessed it, Father.
那么不管我做了什么
Then whatever I have done,
我也找我的神父忏悔了
I have left in the healing hands of my confessor.
和你一样
As have you.
我们是同类人
We are the same.
嗯嗯
Mmm-mmm.
不,我们不一样,不一样
No, we are not. We are not the same.
狗改不了吃屎!
A dog that bites is a dog that bites.
是不是你让唐纳德·米勒喝酒的?
Did you give Donald Miller wine to drink?
不是
No.
没有隐瞒?
Mental reservations?
没有
No.
你撒谎
You lie.
好了
Very well then.
如果你不离开我办公室,我走
If you will not leave my office, I will.
当我走出去,我一定追查到底
And once I go, I will not stop.
等等
FLYNN: Wait.
(ALO*YSIUS SIGHS)
我不能什么都告诉你,你理解吗?
I can’t say everything, you understand?
有些事我不能说
There’s things I can’t say,
而且说出来你都不会相信
even if you can’t imagine the expIanation, Sister.
(SIGHING)
记住,有些事你是没法理解的
Remember, there are things beyond your knowledge.
就算你确信,那也只是感觉,不是事实
Even if you feel certainty, it is an emotion, not a fact.
你去请求调职
You will request a transfer
在批准之前先休假吧
and take a leave of absence untiI it’s granted.
你让我一无所有
You’d leave me nothing.
唐纳德·米勒才一无所有
It’s Donald Miller who has nothing,
而你正是利用了他这一点
and you took full advantage of that.
我没做错什么 我关心他
I’ve done nothing wrong. I care about that boy.
为什么?
Why?
你对他笑?
‘Cause you smile at him?
你同情他?
And you sympathize with him?
安慰他,好像你们也感同身受?
And you talk to him as if you were the same?
你这个骗子
You are a cheat.
那孩子用信任的眼神看着你时
And that warm feeling you experienced
你所体验到的温暖感受 并不是真诚的感情
when that boy looked at you with trust was not the sensation of virtue.
相反,任何一个喝醉的酒鬼 都会有这种反应
That could be got by any drunkard with his tot of rum.
我可以和你斗争下去
I can fight you.
你输定了
You will Iose.
你的同情心哪去了?
Where’s your compassion?
不会施舍给你
Nowhere you can get at it.
呆着这冷静下吧
Stay here. Compose yourself.
可以打电♥话♥
You can use the phone if you’d like.
祝好,神父
Good day, Father.
我一点也不同情你
I have no sympathy for you.
我知道你是那种死不悔改的人
I know you are invulnerable to true regret.
把指甲剪掉
And cut your nails.
(ORGAN PLAYS PRAISE GOD, FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW)
CHOIR: (SINGING) Praise God, from whom all blessings flow
Praise him all creatures here below
Praise him above, ye heavenly host
Praise Father. Son and Holy Ghost
Amen
我不喜欢道别
I never like to say goodbye,
但每个人背后都有一阵风 推着他不断前行
but there is a wind behind every one of us that takes us through our lives.
我们看不见,也无法操纵他
We never see it. We can’t command it.
更不知道它的意图
we don’t even know its purpose.
我想在这里陪大家时间长一些
‘Cause I would have stayed among you longer.
但是风将带走我
but that wind is taking me away.
我会想念着这儿的
I will miss it here,
也会想念大家
and I will miss you.
不过我很感激那股未知的神秘力量
But I’m content that the power that propels me
一直将我往更好的地方
does so with superior knowledge
推进
as to what is for the best,
我坚信
and that is my faith.
下面我将走到大家当中
I would like to come down now among you
一一道别
and say goodbye
希望你们有安详的生活
and wish you peaceful hearts
安详的心灵
and loving hearts.
(ORGN PLAYING)
(CHOIR SINGING UBI CARITAS ETAMOR IN LATIN)
再见,参议员 – 神父
Goodbye, Senator. -Father.
卡罗,谢谢你
FLYNN: CaroI. Thank you so much. Thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!