but if we’re talking about something floating around
有些什么事 错也不在我孩子身上
between this priest and my son, it ain’t my son’s fault.
我不是这个意思 – 他只是个孩子
I’m not suggesting that. . . -He’s just a boy.
我知道 – 才12岁
I know. -Twelve years old.
如果要怪罪的话,也应该怪大人…
If someone should be taking blame, it should be the man. . .
我了解,完全同意 – 孩子没错
I know. I agree with you completely. -. . .not the boy.
你同意我说的 可是我却
You’re agreeing with me, but I got called
被叫到校长室 你知道我说的什么
to the principal, if you know what I’m saying.
我很关心唐纳德的身心健康
I am concerned about Donald’s welfare.
你真的认为神父让唐纳德喝圣酒?
You honestly think that priest gave Donald that wine to drink?
是的
Yes, I do.
那为什么我的孩子被免去了祭童的身份?
Then how come my son got kicked off the altar boys
是别人让他喝的 – 我知道
if it was a man that gave it to him? -I know.
孩子替大人背负罪名
The boy got caught, the man didn’t.
你还是在责怪我的孩子 – 不是
So you’re giving my son the blame. -No.
我儿子受到指责没什么关系
No probIem my son getting blamed,
而且你还知道内情 – 请让我说两句
and you know why that is. -Perhaps you should let me talk.
我觉得你情绪太激动了 – 修女,你不会去和神父作对吧
I think you’re getting upset. -Sister, you ain’t going against
他毕竟是你的上级
no man in a robe and win. He’s got the position.
他害了你的孩子 – 就让他去吧
And he’s got your son. -Let him have him then.
啥?
What?
只要到6月就好了
It’s just till June.
你知道自己在说些什么吗?
Do you know what you’re saying?
比你清楚
Know more about it than you.
我觉得这个男人
I believe this man is creating,
正在想法或已经与你儿子
or may have already brought about,
建立了非正当的关系
an improper relationship with your son.
我不管
I don’t know.
我很确信
I know I am right.
为什么你在没证据的情况下还能如此确信?
Why you gotta know something like that for sure when you don’t?
你还身为人母
What kind of mother are you?
抱歉,你还没渊博到有资格对我评论,修女
Excuse me, but you don’t know enough about life to say a thing like that, Sister.
我懂的够多了
I know enough.
你也许懂教条 但那都没用
You know the rules maybe, but that don’t cover it.
我知道那些是不能容忍♥的
I know what I won’t accept.
不接受也得接受,忍♥气吞声吧
You accept what you gotta accept, and you work with it.
这个男的在我的学校
This man is in my school.
他总得在某个地方吧
Well, he’s gotta be somewhere and
也许他也做过许多好事 – 他在摧残男孩们
maybe he’s doing some good, too. -He is after the boys!
也许有些男孩就喜欢被摧残
Well, maybe some of them boys want to get caught!
这就是他父亲打他的原因
That’s why his father beat him.
而不是因为喝了酒
Not the wine.
你在说什么?
What are you telling me?
我在说我儿子的性取向
I’m talking about the boy’s nature now,
而不是他做了什么坏事
not anything he’s done.
不能因为上帝的给予而怪罪到孩子
You can’t hold a child responsible for what God gave him to be.
我只在乎他们的行为,米勒夫人
I’m only interested in actions, Mrs. Miller.
但这孩子本性如此
But then there’s the boy’s nature.
这不是重点 – 少来了
Leave that out of it. -Well, forget it then.
是你步步紧逼,让我说的
You’re the one forcing people to say things.
我儿子之所以到这个学校来
My boy came to your school
是因为如果在公立学校 其他孩子会杀了他的
’cause they were gonna kill him in the pubIic school.
他父亲也不喜欢他
His father don’t like him.
他来到这个学校 孩子们也不喜欢他
He come to your school, kids don’t like him.
只有一个人对他好,就是牧师
One man is good to him, this priest.
你说他有说图吗?有的
Then does a man have his reasons, yes.
每个人都有,你也有
Everbody does. You have your reasons,
但是我会去弄清楚他为什么要对我儿子好吗?
but do I ask the man why he’s good to my son?
不会
No.
我不在乎原因
I don’t care why.
我儿子需要一个人照顾
My son needs some man to care about him
伴随他一路成长
and to see him through to where he wants to go.
谢天谢地这个有涵养的
And thank God this educated man
充满同情心的人愿意帮助他
with some kindness in him wants to do just that.
这行不通 – 到6月就好了
This will not do. -It’s just till June.
我要开除你儿子
I’ll throw your son out of this schooI.
为何要开除他?这又不是我儿子的错
And why would you do that if it didn’t start with him?
因为我要制止它发展下去
Because I will stop this.
以伤害我儿子而达到你的目的?
You’d hurt my son to get your way?
不仅仅对你儿子 – 把牧师也赶走
It won’t end with your son. -Throw the priest out then.
我会这样做的 – 那你找我做什么?
I am trying to do just that. -Then what do you want from me?
没什么
Nothing.
(SIGHING)
既然事实已经清楚了
As it turns out.
求你放过我孩子
(CRYING) Please leave my son out of this.
因为这个我丈夫肯定会杀了他的
My husband will kill that child over a thing like this.
我尽量
I will try.
我来不及了
I’m late.
修女
Sister,
我不清楚你是否和我站在同一边
I don’t know if you and me on the same side.
但我将和我儿子以及对我儿子好的人站在一起
I’ll be standing with my son and those who are good with my son.
很高兴见到你,祝好
It’d be nice to see you there. Good morning.
我可以进来吗?
May I come in?
必须有其他人在场
A third party would be required.
唐纳德的妈妈来这里干嘛?
Yeah. What was Donald’s mother doing here?
我们聊聊天 – 关于什么?
We were having a chat. -About what?
必须有其他人在场
A third party would truly be required, Father.
少来了,不需要其他人
No, Sister. No third party!
你我应该好好谈谈
Me and you are due for a talk!
你必须停止这种针对我的行为
You have to stop this campaign against me.
这取决于你 – 怎么说?
You can stop it at any time. -How?
坦白,然后辞职
Confess and resign.
你这是在诋毁我
You are attempting to destroy my reputation !
谁老是把我窗户打开
Who keeps opening my window?
你在这个学校都做了什么?
What are you doing in this school?
我只想做些有意义的事
I’m trying to do good.
说到这个
Even more to the point,
你在职期间都做了什么?
what are you doing in the prieasthood?
你只手遮天,要使这个教区回到从前
You are single-handedly holding this school and this parish back.
现在有什么? – 进步教育
From what? -Progressive education
一个受人欢迎的教堂
and a welcoming church.
神父,不要岔开话题
You can’t distract me, Father.
不是我的言行有问题,是你的
This is not about my behavior, it’s about yours.
不,这都是由于你没有根据的猜疑引起的
No, this is about your unfounded suspicions.
的确,我有猜疑 – 别去捡了,又不重要
That’s right. I have suspicions. -Just leave that. It’s not important.
我来决定
I will decide
重不重要
what’s important.
你为什么怀疑我?我做了什么?
Why do you suspect me? What have I done?
你让那个孩子喝酒 还让他替你背负罪名
You gave that boy wine, and you let him take the blame.
无稽之谈 你和麦克宁谈过了?
That’s completely untrue. Did you talk to Mr. McGuinn?
麦克宁只知道那孩子喝了圣酒
All McGuinn knows is that the boy drank wine.
但是他不知道他为什么喝
He doesn’t know how he came to drink it.
那他妈妈有什么补充?
Did his mother have something to add to that?
没有
No.
那不就结了 – 我不能接受
So that’s it. -I am not satisfied.
那就再问问孩子
Ask the boy then.
他会庇护你 – 他为何要这么做?
He’d protect you. -Why would he do that?
因为你曾引诱他 – 你疯了吧
Because you have seduced him. -You’re insane.
你固执己见,认为我让他偷喝了圣酒
You’ve got it in your head that I corrupted this child
无论我说什么你都不会相信
after giving him wine, and nothing I say will change that.

That’s right.
但这个酒没直接关系
But this has nothing to do with the wine.
在这件事发生之前你早就对我不信任了
Not really. You’ve had a fundamental mistrust of me before this incident.
是你让詹姆士修女监视我的,对吧?
It was you that warned Sister James to be on the lookout, wasn’t it?

That’s true.
你承认了 – 完全承认
So you admit it! -Certainly.
可是为什么?
Why?
我能看透人
I know people.
就因为这个
That’s not good enough.
这个理由足够了 – 怎么说?
It won’t have to be. -How’s that?
你告诉我你都做了些什么
You will tell me what you have done.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!