没事的
It’s all right.
GIRL 1 : He doesn’t like me. GIRL 2: That is so easy!
GIRL 3: My parents are gonna be so angry at me.
(CHILDREN LAUGHING)
好了,安静
JAMES: Okay. Be quiet.
安静!
I said be quiet!
如果哪个学生再讲话 马上送他到校长室
The next one of you that speaks out of turn gets sent right to the principal.
问题是
Now the question was,
帕特里克·亨利著名的言论是什么?
what was Patrick Henry’s famous remark?
唐纳德 – 什么?
Donald. -Sister?
刚刚的问题是?
What was the question?
(BOY WHISPERS ANSWER)
不要提醒他 吉米,放下手
Nobody help him. Jimmy, put your hand down.
唐纳德·米勒,起立
Donald Miller, stand up.
唐纳德,刚刚的问题是什么? – 我不知道
What was the question, Donald? -I don’t know, Sister.
那就表明你根本没听讲
It means you weren’t listening.
是的,修女
Yes, Sister.
问题是,帕特里克·亨利著名的言论是什么?
The question was, what was Patrick Henry’s famous remark?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
“不解放,吾宁死!”
“Give me liberty or give me death !”
詹姆士,到校长室去
James Hurley, down to the principal’s office.
快去!
Now!
(KNOCKING ON DOOR)
(SIGHING)
米勒夫人 – 嗯
Mrs. Miller? -Yes.
进来
Come in.
请坐
PIease, have a seat.
我在换灯泡
I was changing a bulb.
我还以为记错时间了 没人开门
Thought I might had the wrong day. You didn’t answer.
嗯?
Huh?
噢,别告诉别人
Oh, well, just between us,
我在用耳机听广播
I was listening to a transistor radio with an earpiece.
现在居然做到这么小巧了
Look how tiny they’re making them.
从学生那里没收的
I confiscated it from one of the students,
可是我却迷上了
now I can’t stop listening to it.
你喜欢音乐吗?
You like music?
不,听新闻
No. News reports.
我过去常听遍所有新闻
Years ago I used to listen to all the news reports,
因为当时我丈夫在意大利参战
because my husband was in Italy, in the war.
你结过婚? – 嗯
You were a married woman? -Yes.
他战死了
But then he was killed.
你丈夫来吗?
Is your husband coming?
他得工作 我也只有半小时时间
Couldn’t get off work. I only have half an hour myself.
明白了,有好多事要问问你
I see. Of course. It was a lot to ask.
唐纳德表现怎么样?
How’s Donald doing?
他所有课程都通过了 成绩中等
He’s passing his subjects. He has average grades.
噢,太好了
Oh. Good.
他因为被除去祭童的身份而很失落
He was upset about getting taken off the altar boys.
嗯,他有说为什么吗?
Mmm. Did he explain why?
他说他因为偷喝圣酒
He said he was caught drinking altar wine.
的确
That is the reason.
这样也无话可说
Well, that seems fair.
但他是个好孩子 只是一时糊涂
But he’s a good boy, Sister. He fell down there,
但他是个好孩子 本质不坏
but he’s a good boy pretty much down the line.
他在家表现呢?
How is he at home?
他父亲经常酒后往死里打他
His father beat the hell out of him over that wine.
噢,他太过分了
Oh, he shouldn’t do that.
你不要教我丈夫怎么做 还是敬而远之比较好
You don’t tell my husband what to do. You just stand back.
我丈夫不希望唐纳德来这里念书
My husband didn’t want Donald to come here.
为何? – 他觉得会给他带来麻烦
Why? -He thought he’d have trouble
因为和其他孩子一起 但目前还没有什么麻烦
with the other boys, but that hasn’t really happened.
那就好
Good.
弗林神父非常照顾他
That priest, Father Flynn, been watching out for him.

Yes.
(KNOCKING ON DOOR)
打扰了
Excuse me.
詹姆士,你不去上课来这里干嘛?
James Hurley, what are you doing out of class?
詹姆士修女叫我来的 – 为啥?
Sister James sent me down. -What for?
在课堂上讲话 – 回去,闭紧你的嘴
Talking. -Well, go back up and shut up!
快去!去!
Go! Go!
怎么啦?
What’s going on?
不关你的事,回♥教♥室去
None of your business. Now go on. Go back to class.
废话
Bullshit.
你说什么? – 没啥!
What’d you say? -Nothing !
你还有20分钟?
You have 20 minutes, you say?
我还得走过去
It’s just that I have to walk to work.
在哪上班? – Parkchester厂
Where is work? -Parkchester.
我得在中午前开始清扫 不然来不及回家给唐纳德开门
If I don’t start cleaning by noon, I’m not home to let Donald in.
我可以和你一起走吗? – 好的
May I walk with you? -I don’t mind.
6♥4♥分之8
JAMES: Eight sixty-fourths.
谁知道最大公分母是什么?
Who can tell me what the common denominator is?
没人吗?
Nobody
回来了,吉米?
Back already, Mr. Hurley?
在问你话呢 – 少来管我
I said, back already, Mr. Hurley? -Leave me alone!
你以为你是谁!
Who do you think you’re talking to?
这是我的班级,小子 搞明白点
This is my classroom, boy! Don’t you forget that.
对不起
I’m sorry.
(JIMMY SNIFFLING)
吉米,对不起
I’m sorry, Jimmy.
你见过弗林神父?
ALO*YSIUS: Have you met Father Flynn?
只是在做弥撒时见过 私底下里没有
Just seen him on the altar. Haven’t met him face to face.
平时都是从唐纳德那里听说
No, just, you know, heard from Donald.
他说些什么?
And what does he say?
弗林神父这样,弗林神父那样
You know, “Father Flynn, Father Flynn.”
他很敬仰神父 神父平时也抽时间关心他,这正是孩子需要的
He looks up to him. Man gives him his time, which is what the boy needs.
他需要关心
He needs that.
米勒夫人,现在可能有个不好的事情
Mrs. Miller, we may have a problem.
你要见我,我就知道肯定有事情
I thought there must a been a reason you wanting to see me.
校长可是日理万机
Principal’s a big job.
说白点吧,只要坚持到6月
I just want to say though, it’s just till June.
什么意思?
Excuse me?
不管是什么事情 唐纳德只要坚持到6月就好了
Whatever the probIem is, Donald just has to make it till June.
那时他就上高中
Then he’s off into high school.

Right.
若唐纳德能从圣尼古拉斯毕业
If Donald can graduate from St. Nicholas,
他就有机会进入比较好的高中
he has a better chance of getting into a good high school,
那也就意味着有机会上大学
and that would mean an opportunity at college.
不是关于他学业的事
I don’t see anything at this time
目前他的学业还算顺利
standing in the way of his graduating with his class.
那就是我唯一关心的 – 不一定
Well, that’s all I care about. -I doubt that.
其他还有什么
Try me.
关于弗林神父和你儿子的关系,我有点担心
I am concerned about the relationship between Father Flynn and your son.
你说担忧 你担忧什么?
You don’t say. Concerned. What do you mean, concerned?
只是我猜测的
That it may not be right.
人非圣贤,孰能无过
Well, there’s something wrong with everbody,
不管是什么都是可以原谅的 我就在那工作
and their soul gotta be forgiven. I work right there.
坦白讲,我很担心
I am concerned, to be frank,
弗林神父也许对你儿子有不当举动
that Father Flynn may have made advances on your son.
也许?
May have made?
我不能确定
I can’t be certain.
没证据? – 没有
No evidence? -No.
那就是也有可能根本没什么
Then maybe there’s nothing to it.
我觉得肯定有什么
I think there is something to it.
我觉得是弗林神父让唐纳德喝圣酒的
I think Father Flynn gave Donald that altar wine.
他为什么要这么做?
Why would he do that?
(SIGHS)
唐纳德最近有没有奇怪行为 – 没
Has Donald been acting strangely? -No.
一点都没有? – 一如既往
Nothing out of the ordinary? -He’s been himself.
好吧 – 修女,我不想惹上任何麻烦
All right. -Look, Sister, I don’t want any trouble.
我不是…不知道你是否真的理解了
I don’t. . . I’m not sure you compIetely understand.
我想我明白你想说什么
I think I understand the kind of thing you’re talking about,
但我不想被卷进去
but I don’t want to get into it.
什么话?
What’s that?
我没多少时间了 恕我冒犯
Look, I only have a few minutes. Not to be disagreeing,
但若要是在神父和我儿子之间

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!