Yes?
雷蒙德修女,嗯
Sister Raymond? Mmm.
那叫她把脸和脖子洗干净 3点来见我
Well, you tell her to wash her face and her neck and report to me at 3:00.

Yeah.
抱歉,关于圣诞庆典
Excuse me. The Christmas pageant.
我想还得想明白
(CLEARS THROAT) We must be careful
怎么合理安排唐纳德·米勒
how Donald Miller is used in the pageant.
不要紧 – 神父
Easy there, Sister. -Father.
唐纳德·米勒有何不同?
All right, what about Donald Miller?
在庆典上我们必须妥善安排
We must be careful, in the pageant,
既不能让唐纳德·米勒躲在一旁 也不能让他太显眼
that we neither hide Donald Miller nor put him forward.
因为他的肤色? – 正是
Because of the color of his skin? -That’s right, yeah.
为什么? – 神父,你还不知?
Why? -Oh, come, Father.
我们应该像其他孩子一样公平对待他
I think he should be treated like every other boy.
可是你却给予了他额外的关注
Well, you yourself singled the boy out for special attention.
你和他在办公室单独谈过话吧? 一周前
You held a private meeting with him at the rectory. A week ago?

Yes.
我们到底在谈论什么 – 唐纳德·米勒
What are we talking about? -Donald Miller.
他回到教室时行为有点古怪
The boy acted strangely when he returned to class.
是吗?
He did?
他从办公室回来后是有点古怪
When he returned from the rectory, a little odd, yes.
你知道原因吗?
Can you tell us why?
有什么奇怪的地方?
How did he act strangely?
他. . .
He. . .
我也不知道怎么形容 他把头耷拉在桌子上. . .
I’m not sure how to explain it. He laid his head on the desk and. . .
你是说你有点印象?
Do you mean you had some impression?

Yes.
就因为他刚从办公室回来 你们就来问我?
And he’d come from the rectory, so you’re asking me?
嗯,正是
Mmm. That’s it.

FLYNN: Hmm.

ALOYSIUS: Mmm.

Mmm.
(CLEARING THROAT)
你们还要讨论庆典吗? 这才是我来的原因吧?
Did you want to discuss the pageant? Is that why I’m here?
还是你们本来要讨论这件事
Or is this what you wanted to discuss?
这个
This.
这令我心里发毛
Well, I’m a little uncomfortable.
为什么? – 你觉得呢?
ALO*YSIUS: Why? -Why do you think?
我得对孩子的健康成长负责
The boy’s well-being is my responsibility.
(PHONE RINGING)
他不是好好的么
His well-being is not at issue.
对这个回答我可不满意
ALOYSIUS: I’m not satisfied that that is true.
他回到教室时很失落
He was upset when he returned to class.
你说过什么? – 没啥
Did he say something? -No.
那在办公室发生了什么?
What happened in the rectory?
(RINGING CONTINUES)
发生?
Happened?

Mmm.
没什么,就是谈谈话
Nothing happened. I had a talk with the boy.
关于什么? – 私人事情
What about? -Private matter.
他才12岁,有什么私人事情
He’s 1 2 years old. What could be private?
(RINGING CONTINUES)
我该去… – 不行
ShouId I get. . . -ALOYSIUS: No.
我不喜欢你的语气
I object to your tone.
弗林神父,这跟语气没啥关系
This is not about my tone or your tone, Father Flynn.
而是找出真♥相♥ – 找出什么真♥相♥
It’s about arriving at the truth. -Of what?
你心知肚明!不是吗?
You know what I’m talking about, don’t you? Hmm?
你在尽力控制表情吗?
And you’re controlling the expression on your face right now, aren’t you?
我的表情?
My face?
你到底想指控我什么?
What exactly are you accusing me of?
弗林神父,我不是指控你
I’m not accusing you of anything, Father Flynn.
我只是请求你告诉我们在办公室发生的事情
I am asking you to tell me what happened in the rectory.
我不想再谈论这个了
I don’t wish to continue this.
要是你不满意
And if you’re dissatisfied with that,
你去找本尼迪克特阁下谈吧
I suggest you speak to Monsignor Benedict.
我只当你太专注于工作了 才会如此
I can only imagine this unfortunate behavior is the result of overwork.
祝安,修女,修女
Have a good morning, Sister. Sister.
他还有酒气
There was alcohol on his breath
从你那回来时
when he returned from his meeting with you.
酒气?
Alcohol?
我闻到了
I did smell it on his breath.
嗯?
Well?
别管这个了 – 不行
Let this alone. -No.
(SCHOOL BELL RINGING)
(STUDENTS CHATTERING)
别着急,神父 还要来点茶吗?
Take your time, Father. Would you like some more tea?
叫你别再管了
You should’ve let it alone.
不可能
Not possible.
麦克宁发现唐纳德偷喝圣酒
Mr. McGuinn caught Donald drinking altar wine.
我知道后就叫他来 他满含眼泪
When I found out, I sent for him. There were tears,
求我保留他祭童的资格 我觉得他很可怜
and he begged not to be removed from the altar boys. I took pity on him.
我告诉他如果其他人不知道的话 我就让他继续担任
I told him if no one else found out, I’d let him stay on.
太好了,终于释怀了 谢天谢地
What a relief. That explains everything. Thanks be to God.
看到了吧,完全是个误会
Look, Sister, it was all a mistake.
我可以去问麦克宁吗?
And if I talk to Mr. McGuinn?
随便去找他
Talk to him, by all means.
不过既然秘密泄露了
But now that the boy’s secret’s out,
我只有免除他担任祭童的资格
I’m gonna have to remove him from the altar boys.
这是我尽力想避免的
That’s what I was trying to avoid.
原来你一直在保护他
JAMES: You were trying to protect the boy.
当然
That’s right.
换我我也会这样做
I might have done the same thing.
还有办法让唐纳德继续当祭童么?
Is there a way Donald could stay on the altar boys?
如果一个孩子偷喝圣酒,他就不能继续担任了
If the boy drank altar wine, he can’t continue as an altar boy.
当然
Of course.
你满意了?
Are you satisfied?

Yes.

Hmm.
好了,我该走了 还要写东西
Well, I’ll be going. I have some writing to do.
不容异说的布道? – 对
ALOYSIUS: Intolerance. -That’s right.
对于你的处理方式我很不满意
I’m not pleased with how you handled this.
再见,再见
Sister. Sister.
太好了. . .
Well. . .
终于弄明白了
What a relief. He cleared it all up.
你相信他?
You believe him?
当然
Of course.
是不是选择相信他比较容易?
Isn’t it that it’s easier to believe him?
我们可以去向麦克宁求证
But we can corroborate his story with Mr. McGuinn.
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
是啊
Yes.
这些人自视聪明
These types of people are clever.
不过我相信他 – 才不
Well, I’m convinced. -You’re not.
你只是希望早点解决此事 活在单纯的世界里
You just want things to be resolved so you can have simplicity back.
这事不想在掺和了
I want no further part of this.
(SIGHING)
我会揭穿他
I’ll bring him down.
你为什么如此肯定他在撒谎?
How can you be so sure that he is lying?
经验
Experience.
你就是看不惯他
You just don’t like him.
你看不惯他用圆珠笔
You don’t like it that he uses a ballpoint pen.
看不惯喝茶还要放三颗糖
You don’t like it that he takes three lumps of sugar in his tea.
看不惯他喜欢听《结冰的雪人》
You don’t like it that he likes Frosty the Snowman,
所以在你心里面认定他就是邪恶的
and you are letting that convince you of something terrible, just terrible.
可是我也喜欢听《结冰的雪人》
Well, I like Frosty the Snowman!
我认为学校不像监狱那样管理 会更好
And I think it would be nice if this school weren’t run like a jail,
我觉得自己热爱教历史也是无可厚非的
and I think it’s a good thing that I love to teach history
甚至可以激发同学们的兴趣
and that I might inspire my students to love it, too.
要是你据此判断我不适合做老师
And if you judge that to mean that I am not fit to be a teacher,
那你去做个样子我看看
then so be it!
坐下
Sit down.
(LIGHT BULB BLOWS OUT)
瞧瞧,把我灯泡都弄坏了
Look at that. You blew out my light.
在古斯巴达,重大事项是由声音最大的人决定
In ancient Sparta, important matters were decided by who shouted loudest.
还好我们不是在古斯巴达
Fortunately, we are not in ancient Sparta.
你真的认为学校里的孩子

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!