我也许在加玛夫瀑布见过你 没有 我不钓鱼
Maybe I saw you up Klamath Falls way. Nope. I don’t fish.
你不钓鱼 黎先生
You don’t go fishing, Mr. Neff. Neff. It’s the name.
我记得了 在科瓦利斯的黎氏 我跟他们没关系
There’s a family of Neffs in Corvallis. No relation.
那个姓黎的是汽车经纪
Let me see. This man’s an automobile dealer in Corvallis.
听说很德高望重
A very reputable man, too, I’m told. All right, Mr. Jackson.
谢先生 你可以去支帐部
Suppose you go down to the cashier’s office.
11楼27室
Room 27 on the 11th floor.
他们会支付费用
He’ll take care of your expense account
及今晚火车票
and your ticket for the train tonight.
今晚
Tonight?
明天早上
Tomorrow morning would suit me better.
会比较好
There’s a very good osteopath in town…
我想去看城里的著名整骨医生 整骨医生
I’d like to see before I leave. Osteopath?
不要将费用计算在内
Well, just don’t put her on the expense account.
再见
Well, goodbye, gentlemen.
幸会再见
It’s been a pleasure. Goodbye.
太好了 华达
There it is, Walter.
纸快包不住火了
It’s beginning to come apart at the seams already.
谋杀永远不会完美 迟早揭发
Murder’s never perfect. Always comes apart sooner or later.
若有两人参与 就更快东窗事发
And when two people are involved, it’s usually sooner.
现在知道狄太太和某人参与
Now, we know the Dietrichson dame is in it, and a somebody else.
不久就会知道某人是谁
Pretty soon we’ll know who that somebody else is.
他一定会出现
He’ll show. He’s got to show.
他们总要在某时某刻见面
Sometime, somewhere, they’ve got to meet.
两人阵脚大乱
Their emotions are all kicked up.
是爱是恨并不重要
Whether it’s love or hate doesn’t matter.
他们始终无法不接触对方
They can’t keep away from each other.
他们以为两人参与是双倍安全
They may think it’s twice as safe because there are two of them.
其实不是双倍安全
But it isn’t twice as safe.
而是二十倍危险 他们犯下谋杀罪
It’s 10 times twice as dangerous. They’ve committed a murder…
这不像坐火车
and it’s not like taking a trolley ride together…
可以在不同站下车
where they can get off at different stops.
他们会被困在一起
They’re stuck with each other and they’ve got to ride…
直至终点
all the way to the end of the line.
这是单程车 终站是坟墓
And it’s a one-way trip, and the last stop is the cemetery.
她已经申请索偿
She put in her claim.
我将会还击
I’m gonna throw it right back at her.
她即管控告我 我已准备迎战
Let her sue us if she dares.
她和某人
I’ll be ready for her and that somebody else.
他们会一起自掘坟墓
They’ll be digging their own graves.
狄太太 这里是杰利店打来
Mrs. Dietrichson? This is Jerry’s Market.
我们收到你要的
We just got in a shipment of that English soap
英国肥皂
you were asking about.
你今天能来取吗 谢谢 狄太太
Will you be coming by today? Thank you, Mrs. Dietrichson.
嗨 华达过来
Hello, Walter. Come over here.
什么事 大事不妙
What’s the matter? Everything’s the matter.
巴顿会拒绝你索债
Keyes is rejecting your claim.
他虎视眈眈着
He’s sitting back with his mouth watering,
等待你提出控告
waiting for you to sue.
他想你控告 但你不可以
He wants you to sue, but you’re not going to.
他凭什么阻止我 他理直气壮
What’s he got to stop me? He’s got plenty.
他知道事件如何发生
He’s figured out how it was worked.
知道火车上是另有其人
He knows it was somebody else on the train…
还找到一个可以作证的目击者
and he’s dug up a witness he thinks can prove it.
证明什么 若他拒绝 我就控告
Prove it how? If he rejects that claim, I have to sue.
是吗 告上法庭后
Yeah? And then you’re in court
就会是非不断
and a lot of other things are going to come up.
例如关于你和首任狄太太
Like, for instance, about you and the first Mrs. Dietrichson.
我和首任狄太太怎么了
What about me and the first Mrs. Dietrichson?
她的死去经过 还有你戴黑帽
The way she died.
在你需要
And about that black hat you were trying on
黑帽之前
before you needed a black hat.
露娜跟你说那些天花乱坠的故事
Lola’s been telling you some of her cockeyed stories.
她一直在晃你 坦白说 是我一直见她
She’s been seeing you. I’ve been seeing her, if you want to know.
令她不会说出她知道的事情
So she won’t yell her head off about what she knows.
她只是在你面前
She’s putting on an act for you,
假哭搏同情
crying all over your shoulder, the lying…
不要扯她
Keep her out of this.
下水
All I’m telling you is we’re not going to sue.
因为你嫌钱腥
Because you don’t want the money anymore…
不想要钱
even if you could have it, because she’s…
她突然令你觉得惊为天人
made you feel like a heel all of a sudden?
已经与钱无关
It isn’t the money anymore.
性命攸关
It’s our necks. We’re pulling out, do you understand?
因为那祁巴顿 你别骗我
Because of what Keyes can do? You’re not fooling me, Walter.
是因为露娜 你对她父亲所做的
It’s because of Lola, what you did to her father.
你害怕她
You’re afraid she
终有一天会发现
might find out someday and you can’t take it, can you?
我说不要扯她下水
I said, leave her out of this.
我说的是我
It’s me I’m talking about.
我不想你丢下我 别再说
I don’t want to be left out of it. Stop saying that.
事情未能如我们所愿
It’s just that it hasn’t worked as we wanted.
我们无法脱身
We can’t go through with it, that’s all.
我们已经脱身
We have gone through with it.
艰难时期已过
The tough part is all behind us.
只要镇定 不要软化
We just have to hold on now and not go soft inside…
象开始时齐心合力
stick close together the way we started out.
小心
Watch it.
我爱你 华达 我恨你
I loved you, Walter, and I hated him.
但我遇上你前从没想过这样做
But I wasn’t going to do anything about it, not until I met you.
是你一手计划 我只想他死去
You planned the whole thing. I only wanted him dead.
我就是亲手害死他的人
And I’m the one that fixed it so he was dead.
你是这个意思吗 没人可以退出
Is that what you’re telling me? And nobody’s pulling out.
我们要一起开始 一起结束
We went into this together, we’re coming out at the end together.
大家都要彻头彻尾 你要记住
It’s straight down the line for both of us, remember?
对 我记得
Yes, I remembered.
就如我记得你所说 巴顿
Just like I remembered what you had told me, Keyes…
关于坐车
about that trolley car ride…
一定要在终站下车
and how there was no getting off till the end of the line…
终站是坟墓
where the cemetery was.
然后我想到坟墓是给谁的
And then I got to thinking what cemeteries are for.
是用来给死人的
They’re to put dead people in.
那是我第一次
I guess that was the first time
这样想起菲莉
I ever thought about Phyllis that way.
死亡
Dead, I mean.
若她死了会怎样
And how it would be if she were dead.
我那星期见过露娜三四次
I saw Lola three or four times that week.
有一晚我跟她到好莱坞露天剧场
One night we went up into the hills behind the Hollywood Bowl.
我知道这听起来很疯狂
I guess it sounds crazy, Keyes, but it was only with her that…
但是跟她在一起 我才能够放松
I could relax and let go a little.
你为什么哭
Why are you crying?
有事跟我说
Not gonna tell me, huh?
当然会告诉你 我只会跟你说
Of course I will, Walter. I wouldn’t tell anybody else but you.
是尼诺 他怎么了
It’s about Nino. Zachetti? What about him?
他们合谋杀死我父亲 他和菲莉
They killed my father together. He and Phyllis.
他是帮凶 我知道
He helped her do it. I know he did.
你为什么这样说
What makes you say that?
我跟踪他
I’ve been following him.
他每晚逗去家里找她
He’s been to her house, night after night.
一直以来菲莉都和他一起
It was Phyllis and him all along.
也许他只是骗我
Maybe he was just going with me as a blind.
谋杀当晚
And the night of the murder…
你答应不会向别人透漏
You promised me you weren’t gonna talk like this anymore.
他应该在加州大学讲座后来找我
He was supposed to pick me up after a lecture at UCLA.
但他爽约 他说他病了
But he never showed up. He said he was sick.
病了
Sick!
他不能出现
He couldn’t show up,
因为我爸在火车上
because the train was leaving with my father on it.
也许我想得太多 想傻了
Maybe I’m just crazy. Maybe it’s all in my mind.
对 你想得太多
Sure, it’s all in your mind.