那又怎样
So what? And he didn’t put in a claim.
他没有索债 为什么呢 你想说什么
Why didn’t he put in a claim? Why? What are you driving at?
我两小时吃晚餐 发现想不通
Walter, I had dinner two hours ago and it stuck half way.
那个隐形人又出来了
That little man of yours is acting up again, huh?
狄先生的案件不寻常
There’s something wrong with the Dietrichson case.
为什么 因为他没索债
Why? Because he didn’t file a claim?
也许他没有时间
Maybe he just didn’t have time.
也许他不知道自己购买♥♥保险
Maybe he just didn’t know that he was insured.
不 不可以
No. No, that couldn’t be it.
你亲自送保单给他吗 是的
You delivered the policy to him personally, didn’t you?
你收到他的支票
Yeah. You got his check?
当然
Sure I did.
还有没有苏打水 没有
Got any bicarbonate of soda? No, I haven’t.
我跟这隐形人一起26年了
Walter, I’ve been living with this little man for 26 years.
他从没令我失望 这案件有问题
And he’s never failed me yet. There’s got to be something wrong.
也许卢敦说得对 不是自杀
Well, maybe Norton was right. Maybe it was suicide.
不是自杀
No. Not suicide.
但也不是意外 那是什么
But not an accident, either. What else?
听好 华达
Now look, Walter.
有人购买♥♥了一份
A guy takes out an accident policy that’s worth $100,000…
若死于火车会获赔十万元的保险
if he’s killed on a train.
两周后 他的确死于火车
Then two weeks later, he is killed on a train.
但不是火车意外
And not in a train accident, mind you,
而是从了望台调下来
but falling off some silly observation car.
你知道这个几率有多高
Do you know what the mathematical probability of that is?
大约几十亿分之一
One out of I don’t know how many billions.
那人还是断腿的
And add to that the broken leg.
不会是这样的
No, it just can’t be the way it looks.
事有蹊跷 例如什么
Something has been worked on us. Such as what?
谋杀
Murder?
你有没有薄荷
Don’t you have any peppermint or something?
对不起 要苏打水 不用了
Sorry. Want a little soda water? No, no, no.
你怀疑谁
Who do you suspect?
我喜欢为自己行个方便
Maybe I like to make things easy for myself.
但我倾向怀疑受益人
But I always tend to suspect the beneficiary.
你是指他妻子
You mean the wife? Yeah.

That wide-eyed dame
一无所知的大眼太太
that just didn’t know anything about anything.
你傻了 她不在火车上
You’re crazy, Keyes. She wasn’t even on the train.
我知道
I know she wasn’t, Walter.
我没说自己知道事情经过
I don’t claim to know how it was worked, or who worked it…
但我知道事情的确发生了
but all I know is that it was worked.
我要去杂货店
I’ve got to get to a drugstore.
这东西就像心头大石
This thing feels like a hunk of concrete inside me.
晚安 华达晚安 巴顿
Good night, Walter. Good night, Keyes.
明早在公♥司♥见好
See you at the office in the morning. Yeah.
若不是卢敦和他的公♥司♥政策
I’d like to move in on her right now, tonight.
我今晚就打算
If it wasn’t for Norton and his striped-pants ideas
对付她
about company policy…
我会派警♥察♥监视 令她晕头转向
I’d have the police after her so fast it’d make her head spin.
他们会将她放在榨汁机
They’d put her through the wringer…
你知道会得到什么
and, brother, the things they would squeeze out.
但你没有证据追查
Only you haven’t got a single thing to go on, Keyes.
不多 只有26年经验
Not too much. Just 26 years experience…
及数据资料
all the percentage there is,
以及心头这块大石
and this hunk of concrete in my stomach.
可以给我一点火
Can I have one of those things?
再见 巴顿 再见 华达
Good night, Keyes. So long, Walter.
他知道多少 他什么也不知道
How much does he know? He doesn’t know anything.
只有预感
It’s those stinking hunches of his.
但他无法证明什么吧
And he can’t prove anything, can he?
只要我们小心 我们暂时不能见面
Not if we’re careful. Not if we don’t see each other for a while.
多久 直至事情淡化
How long a while? Until this dies down.
你不了解巴顿
You don’t know Keyes.
他一咬住就不会放开
Once he gets his teeth into something, he never lets go.
他会调查你 紧盯着你
He’ll investigate you, have you shadowed.
他会从现在起盯着你
He’ll watch you every minute from now on.
你害怕吗 宝贝 我很害怕
You afraid, baby? Yes, I’m afraid.
不是害怕巴顿 而是害怕我们
But not of Keyes. I’m afraid of us.
我们的关系已经变了
We’re not the same anymore.
我们是为了一起而这样做
We did it so we could be together,
但这却令我们分开
but instead of that it’s pulling us apart.
不是吗 你在说什么
Isn’t it, Walter? What are you talking about?
你不再在乎我们能否再见
And you don’t really care whether we see each other or not.
别这样说 宝贝
Shut up, baby.
太平保险 午安
Pacific All Risk. Good afternoon.
你好 黎先生
Hello, Mr. Neff.
你好 我是狄露娜
Hello. Lola Dietrichson.
你不记得我吗 当然记得
Don’t you remember me? Yes. Yes, of course.
我能跟你谈一下吗
Could I talk with you just a few minutes?
有没有地方可以单独谈
Somewhere where we could be alone?
有 来我的办公室
Oh, yes. Come into my office.
发生了什么事吗
Is it something about what happened?
是 关于我父亲的死
Yes, Mr. Neff. It’s about my father’s death.
我很难过 狄小姐
I’m terribly sorry, Miss Dietrichson.
我可以单独用办公室一会吗
Lou, do you mind if I use the office alone for a few minutes?
没问题 华达
No. It’s all yours, Walter.
看我 黎先生
Look at me, Mr. Neff.
我不是神经失常 亦没有哭
I’m not crazy. I’m not hysterical. I’m not even crying.
但我觉得整件事有很大问题
But I have the awful feeling that something is wrong…
我尝过这种感觉…当我母亲死去
and I had that same feeling once before, when my mother died.
你母亲何时死去
When your mother died?
我们住在箭头湖 六年前的事
We were at Lake Arrowhead. That was six years ago.
我们在那有小屋
We had a cabin there.
我母亲因为肺炎
It was winter and very cold.
病得很重
My mother was very sick with pneumonia.
她有一名护士
She had a nurse with her.
小屋里有我们三人
There were just the three of us in the cabin.
有一晚我起床走到母亲的房♥间
One night I got up and went into my mother’s room.
她发高烧 说话迷糊
She was delirious with fever.
被铺全在地上
All the bed covers were on the floor
窗户大开
and the windows were wide open.
护士不在房♥间
The nurse wasn’t in the room.
我尽快替母亲盖上被铺
I ran and covered my mother up as quickly as I could.
此时我听见门口打开
Just then I heard a door open behind me.
护士站在那里
The nurse stood there.
她默不作声 但她的眼神
She didn’t say a word, but there was a look in her eyes…
令我无法忘记
I’ll never forget.
两天后我母亲死去
Two days later, my mother was dead.
你知道那护士是谁
Do you know who that nurse was?
谁 菲莉
No. Who? Phyllis.
我试图跟爸爸说 但是我只是小孩
I tried to tell my father, but I was just a kid then.
他不相信我 半年后 她就嫁给他
He wouldn’t listen to me. Six months later she married him…
我一直安慰自己说
and I kind of talked myself out of the idea
她不会这样做
she could have done anything like that.
但这种感觉回来了
But now it’s all back again,
我父亲也死去
now that something’s happened to my father, too.
不要胡言乱语
You’re not making sense, Miss Dietrichson.
你♥爸♥是从火车掉下
Your father fell off a train.
对 事发两天前
Yes, and two days before he fell off that train,
菲莉做了一件事
what was Phyllis doing?
她在房♥间对着镜子
She was in her room in front of a mirror, with a black hat on…
戴着黑帽 披着黑纱
pinning a black veil to it.
急不及待想看看悼念的外表
As if she couldn’t wait to see how she would look in mourning.
你一定是受惊 狄小姐
You’ve had a pretty bad shock, Miss Dietrichson.
那些事是你想象出来的吗
Aren’t you just imagining these things?
我望着她在镜子里的眼神
I caught her eyes in the mirror.
跟母亲死去前一模一样
They had that look in them they had before my mother died.
一模一样
That same look.
你不喜欢继母 是吗
You don’t like your stepmother, do you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!