我们会登上世界各大报头版
We’ll be on the front page of every newspaper in the world.
我自己去
I’ll go alone.
家族里其他人 多喜欢你都不重要
Doesn’t matter how much you’ve charmed the rest of his family…
只有母亲说了算
But mother is the only one that counts.
她是关键
She’s the key.
而且很难讨好
Tough nut to crack.
她受过教育
She’s an educated woman.
那一代没多少人念过书
From a generation where such a thing is rare.
给你两个建议
I would say two things.
另口刻意讨好她
Don’t try to impress her.
别暗示你跟她儿子有多亲近
And don’t imply you’re as close to her son as you’re obviously are.
谢谢
thank you!
送给你
for you.
戴安娜 这是哈斯纳的父亲 拉希德
Diana, I’d like to introduce you to Hasnat’s father, Rashid.
欢迎 亲爱的 你好
Welcome, my dear. Hello.
戴安娜
Now then, Diana…
你很会记名字吗
How good are you with names?
戴安娜 这是哈斯纳的母亲 娜希德
Diana, this is Hasnat’s mother, Naheed.
你好
Lovely to meet you.
谢谢
Thank you.
西里拉克里夫爵士
Sir Cyril Radcliffe.
这个英国人
An Englishman by that name?
只花了五星期 便决定九千万人的命运
Is given 5 weeks to decide the fate of 90 million people.
他的顾问是谁呢 蒙巴顿
And who advices it? Mountbatten.
你前夫最喜欢的舅公
Your former husband’s favorite uncle.
穆♥斯♥林♥在一边 印度教与鍚克教♥徒♥在另一边
Muslims go one way, Hindus the other.
六百万人穿越新的边界 大多徒步走
6 billion people crossed the new border.
过程中难免有冲突和屠♥杀♥
Inevitably, there are crashes and massacres.
一百万人因而丧命
One million people die.
当时我16岁
I was 16.
无法忘怀也不能原谅
And I can’t forget that.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对 英国人丝是 优雅地道歉
Yes, the English always say sorry so beautifully.
停电了
It’s a power cut.
-过来 戴安娜 -好了吗
-Come on Diana… -Ready?
真好玩
That was fun.
戴安娜 我要你见哈斯纳的祖母 亚帕奶奶
Diana, I want you to meet Hasnat’s grandmother, Nanny Appa.
你好
Hello.
她说你是年轻的母狮
She says that you are a young lioness.
请你见谅
You must forgive me.
我忍♥不住说出对英国人的看法
I can’t help saying my piece about the British.
各位请尽量放松
Now everyone please, try very hard to relax.

Say cheese.

Cheese!
天啊 好神奇
God, it was magical.
那就像一场幸福人生的美梦
It was like a dream of how life should really be, children and…
三代同堂 一个大家庭
Grown up and grandparents living together, one big family.
知道你祖母叫我什么吗
You know what your grandmother called me?
年轻的母狮
A young lioness.
她说的话永远都对
She’s right, as always.
或许那就是未来
Perhaps that’s the future.
当狮子
Being lions?
不 住在国外
No. Living abroad.
不可能啊
But that’s impossible.
我的工作 你儿子
My work, your boys.
我知道 我儿子
Yes I know, my boys. But…
但什么事都有可能 不是吗
Anything’s possible, isn’t it?
我们必须让它成真
We just have to make it possible.

Yes.
对吗
Yes?

Yes.

Yes?

Yes.
如果幸运的话 我们都会变老
All of us, if we’re lucky, grow old.
但是在未来
But in the future,
老人的人口比例将大幅提高
old people will make a much larger percentage of the population.
包括我在内 老人势单力薄
The old, and that will include me, will be weak.
但我们不会是少数 这将是我们人生的最后战役
But we won’t be ware. This will be the final battles of our lives.
我们必须建立敬老的文化
And we must fight them, by establishing a habit of respect
打赢这些战役
for the older generation.
让我们的能力跟上时代 那么即时到了90岁
And by keeping our own skills fresh, so that when we’re in our 90s…
我们依然能充满活力
We can still be active contributing members
对社区与家庭做出贡献
of our communities and families.
谢谢
Thank you.
好啊
Bravo.
真精彩
Bravo…
-教授 -请叫我克里斯钦
-Professor. -Please, call me Christian.
克里斯钦
Christian.
戴安娜
Diana.
我想告诉你一个秘密
I want to tell you something confidential.
我很会保密 自己的秘密除外
I’m very good at keeping secret except my own.
我爱上一个心脏外科医师
I’m in love with a heart surgeon.
他还在攻读博士学位
He’s still finishing his PhD, but…
但我认为他是天才
I believe he’s a man of genius.
他的专长在哪方面
What’s his training?
他是张任谦的得意门生
He was a favorite pupil of Victor Chang.
现在跟着亚库教授
He’s now with Professor Yaku.
挺优秀的
That’s some reference.
我想嫁给他
I want to marry him.
不过他十分注重隐私
But, he’s a very private man.
我们受不了英格兰
We can’t cope with England, so…
正认真考虑住在国外
I’m thinking seriously about living abroad.
你要我帮他找工作
You want me to find him a job.

Yes.
我儿子威廉
It was my son, William…
建议我清理旧衣橱里 那一堆过时的洋装
Who suggested I should clear a load of clothes out of my closet.
才骨给爱♥滋♥危机信托基金
And give the proceeds to the AIDS Crisis Trust Charity.
希望各位记得带着支票簿 用在这次车♥库♥清♥仓♥
I hope you’ve all remembered your check books for the garage sale.
抱歉 拍卖♥♥
Sorry, auction.
也许带一些洗衣袋
And maybe some big laundry bags.
好将衣服带回家
So you can carry your clothes home.
我不会留下来看 害你们尴尬
Now, I’m not gonna stay and watch here and embarrassed you.
请大方下标
But please, be generous.
因为有许多人
Because there are so many people who need you…
需要你们慷慨解囊
To be generous.
谢谢
Thank you.

Hello?
我是戴安娜 我们刚降落
This is Diana, we’ve just landed.
告诉我 情况如何
So tell me, how did it go?
什么
What?
550万美元
$5,5 million?
太棒了
Yes!
世界心脏外科权威 来函向我要履历
A written request for my CV from the world’s most famous heart surgeon.
好让我应征工作
To go with my job application.
出现了一点小差错
There’s been a slight mistake.
我应征波士顿的工作
Did I apply for a job in Boston?
奇怪 我怎么不记得
Funny I don’t remember it.
进度太快了点
Things have got ahead of themselves.
更怪的是 我好像钱取了
Funnier still, I actually seemed to have got the job.
我们谈过要住在国外
We talked about living abroad.
但是我们没有认真讨论
But we weren’t really talking about living abroad.
你是个优秀的医生
You’re a wonderful doctor…
我只是运用我的人脉
I was simply using my connection.
我不要你的任何东西
I don’t want anything from you.
我努力好久才有今天的生活
I’ve worked long and hard to get myself a life…
不要擅自调整它
Don’t go and reorganize it without asking.
我努力要让我们能在一起
I was trying to find a way for us to be together…
丝得有人想想办法
Someone has to do something.
如果你不懂我对工作的感受
If you don’t understand how I feel about my work…
我们怎么在一起
How can we be together?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!