把你的电♥话♥号♥码也写上
Your telephone number as well.
-先生 你以前来过这吗? -来过 大约在一年前
-You ever been over here before, sir? -Yes. Yes, about a year ago.
-写好了 -谢谢你
-There you are, sir. -Thank you.
温地斯先生 房♥子前有一群人
Mr. Wendice, there’s quite a crowd in front of the house.
我建议咱们从院子出去
I was going to suggest we left by the garden.
-门是不是在另外一头 -没错
-Isn’t there a gate at the far end? -Yes.
我怕可能锁了
The gate may be locked.
-你去看看好吗 -当然好
-Would you mind taking a look, sir? -Certainly.
他对你和温太太的事 知道多少?
How much does he know about you and Mrs. Wendice?
-你说什么? -你从纽约给温太太
-I beg your pardon? -You wrote a letter to Mrs. Wendice…
写了封信 那封信就在死者的口袋里
from New York. It was found in the dead man’s inside pocket.
我没有提 因为我不能肯定温先生对这事知道多少
I didn’t mention it because I wasn’t sure how much Mr. Wendice knew.
你知道信是怎么会在那人口袋里
Have you any idea how it got there?
不知道
No.
-东尼呢 -他在院子里
-Where’s Tony? -He’s just gone into the garden.
温太太 当你皮包掉了时
Mrs. Wendice, when you lost your handbag…
-你是不是也掉了一封信? -没有
-did you lose a letter as well? -No.
玛歌♥ 那封信在死者口袋里被找到了
Margot, it was found in the dead man’s pocket.
你掉了那封信 对吗?
You did lose it, didn’t you?
是的 我是掉了信
Yes, I did.
我原来问过你的 对吗?
I asked you that before, didn’t I?
是的 但我丈夫不知道这件事
Yes, but you see, my husband didn’t know about it.
这个人是否在勒索你呢?
This man was blackmailing you, wasn’t he?
玛歌♥ 东尼一定得知道这件事
It’s no good. Tony will have to know.
-不要 -我们唯一能做的事
-No. -It’s the only thing we can do.
温太太掉了我的信之后
After Mrs. Wendice lost my letter…
她收到了这两张便条
she received these two notes.
去年十月…
Last October?
你看过这个人多少次?
How many times have you seen this man?
我从来就没有看过他
I’ve never seen him!
-哈利戴先生 我要你跟我们来 -好的 当然
-Mr. Halliday, come with us. -Yes, of course.
温太太
Mrs. Wendice…
当你来做笔录时
when you make your statement…
也许还有别的警官在场
there may be other police officers present.
我要先警告你 你说的任何话
I shall warn you first that anything you say…
都会被记下来并被用来当证据
will be taken down and may be used in evidence.
现在别管你告诉了我什么
Now never mind what you’ve told me so far.
我们先暂时忘掉吧
We’ll forget all about that.
但是从现在起要告诉我们 你对这个男人确实知道什么
But from now on, tell us exactly what you know about this man…
以及昨夜确实发生的事
and exactly what happened last night.
如果你想隐瞒任何事
If you try and conceal anything at all…
那可是对你非常不利的
it may put you in a very serious position.
我希望你能说明这些话的意思
I wish you’d explain what you mean by this.
我会的
I will.
现在你承认你杀了此人
Now, do you admit that you killed this man?
而你会说你是出于自卫吧?
Well, you say you did it in self-defense.
不幸的是 没有证人
Unfortunately, there were no witnesses…
所以我们只有你的话来证实
so we’ve only your word for that.
但是探长 我在电♥话♥里有听到
But I heard it all, inspector, over the telephone.
温先生 你在电♥话♥里听到了什么
What exactly did you hear, Mr. Wendice?
我听到了断断续续的叫声
I heard a series of faint cries.
你有没有听到什么显示挣扎的声音呢?
Did you hear anything to indicate that a struggle was going on?
我听到的是我太太所告诉我的
What I did hear, inspector, is perfectly consistent with what my wife told me.
所以你真正知道这件事 全是你太太告诉你的 对吗
So all you really know of the matter is what your wife told you, isn’t it?
而你认为此人来偷你家东西
Now, you suggest that this man came to burgle your flat.
但这事是没有证据的
But there’s no evidence of that.
然而 他勒索你可是有证据的
There is evidence, however, that he was blackmailing you.
-勒索 -东尼 我怕这是事实
-Blackmail? -Yes, I’m afraid that’s true, Tony.
而你认为他是从窗户进来的
And you suggest he came in by the window.
我们知道他是从那门进来的
And we know that he came in by that door.
但是他不可能 那门是锁住的
But he can’t have come in that way. That door was locked.
而只是两把钥匙
And there are only two keys.
我先生的在他那 我的在包里
My husband had his with him. Mine was in my handbag.
就在这
Here.
你可以让他进来呀
You could have let him in.
你是认为是她自己让他进来的?
Are you suggesting she let him in herself?
眼前看来 这是他唯一进来的方法
At present, that appears to be the only way he could’ve entered.
你难道不相信我被攻击了吗?
Don’t you even believe I was attacked?
你想我是怎么会有 这些擦伤的?
How do you think I got these bruises on my throat?
你自己可以弄那些擦伤
You could have caused those bruises yourself.
一只丝♥袜♥在窗户外面被发现
A silk stocking was found outside the window.
那上面打了两个结
It had two knots tied in it.
这事对你可有任何意义吗?
Does that mean anything to you?
我想那就是他用的丝♥袜♥
I suppose it must have been the stocking he used.
我们找到了一只的另外一只 藏在这个垫板下面
We found the twin stocking hidden underneath this blotting pad.
你可以解释攻击你的人为什么要这么做吗
Can you explain why your attacker should do that?
不能
No.
那双袜子是你的吧
Those stockings were yours?
-不是 -我们知道是你的
-No! -We know they were.
有一只的跟部用丝补过 所用的丝和原来的不同
One of the heels had been darned with some silk that didn’t quite match.
我们在你的针线盒里找到这种丝
We found a reel of that silk in your mending basket.
东尼 这里原来有一双丝♥袜♥的
Tony, there was a pair of stockings here.
我听说过警♥察♥故意放置线索以确保能破案定罪
I’ve heard of the police deliberately planting clues to ensure a conviction.
他的手下 在这待了好几个小时
His men were here for hours last night.
他们可以拿了 那只袜子随便处理
They could have taken those stockings and done anything.
当然 也许还在门垫上
Of course. Probably wiped his shoes…
-擦鞋呢 -喂
-on the doormat as well. -Hello?
喂 罗杰 感谢上帝你在
Hello, Roger, thank heaven you’re in.
我是东尼?温地斯 我们昨夜遭小偷了
Tony Wendice here. Listen, we had a burglary last night…
-玛歌♥受到了攻击 -玛歌♥? 她受伤了吗
-and Margot was attacked. -Margot? Was she hurt?
她没事 但是那人被杀死了 警♥察♥在这
She’s all right, but the man was killed. The police are here.
别笑 他们认为玛歌♥故意杀了他
Don’t laugh. They are suggesting that Margot killed him intentionally.
先生 我可不会这么说
I wouldn’t say that if I were you, sir.
-这可真是妙 -可笑 对吧?
-Well, that’s a good one. -Yes, it is funny, isn’t it?
罗杰 你可否到梅维分局来一趟
Could you come around at once, Maida Vale Police Station?
-可以 马上就去 -多谢 老兄 再见
-Yes, be there right away. -Thanks, old boy. Goodbye.
亲爱的 没关系 罗杰会到分局来
It’s all right, darling. Roger’s gonna meet us there.
温先生 我要忠告你们…
Mr. Wendice, I should advise you…
我们的律师会给我们忠告的 谢谢你
Our lawyer will give us any advice we need, thank you.
玛歌♥…
Margot…
-你的皮包 -谢谢
-here’s your handbag. -Thank you.
-你要来吧 -探长 我当然要去
-You are coming? -But of course, inspector.
是呀…我只是… 我只是不知道
Yes. Well, I just… I mean, I just wondered.
我控诉你在九月廿六日
I charge you, that on the 26th of September…
你有意的谋杀了查尔斯亚历山大♥史♥望
you did willfully murder Charles Alexander Swan.
你对这项指控 有什么话要答辩吗
Do you wish to say anything in answer to this charge?
而你 在你这一生的任何时间
And did you, at any time in your life…
会见过这个叫史望的人吗
meet this man Swan?
你收到一封哈利戴写给你的信
You received a letter from Mr. Halliday.
这封信在死者口袋里被找到了
This letter was found in the dead man’s pocket.
现在你说你不认识他
Now you say you did not know him.
你们可有认定犯人 玛歌♥?玛丽?温地斯
Do you find the prisoner, Margot Mary Wendice…
有罪还是无罪?
guilty or not guilty?
有罪
Guilty.
本庭对于你的判刑是将你送回你所来的地方去
The sentence of this court is that you be taken to the place…
从那里到 一个依法执死刑的地方
from whence you came, from thence to a place of lawful execution.
-哈啰 马克 -东尼
-Hello, Mark. -Tony.
我…
I…
你有任何来自内政部长的消息吗
Have you gotten any news from the home secretary?
那就是明天了?
Then it’s tomorrow?
东尼 我知道你肯做任何事以救她的命
Tony, I take it you’d do anything to save her life.
我们已经做了一切了
We’ve done everything.
没有 东尼 我们没有什么都做
No, we haven’t done everything.
我想了好几个星期
I’ve been trying to figure out something…
要找出法子来
just in case it came to this.
现在我相信这是她唯一的机会
I really believe it’s her only chance.
那就说来听听
Let’s have it.
玛歌♥被定了罪 因谁都不相信她
Margot was convicted because nobody believed her story.
检方认定她 一个谎接着一个谎说
The prosecution made out she was telling lies…
陪审团又相信他 这案子有什么
and the jury believed him. What did his case really amount to?