谋杀你的老婆
Murdering your wife.
我几乎希望你会去告 等她听了
I almost wish you would.
我们就会有 我们这生最大的笑料
When she heard that, we’d have the laugh of our lives.
-你难道忘了什么吗 -我有吗
-Aren’t you forgetting something? -Am I?
你今晚告诉了我相当多的事情
You’ve told me quite a lot tonight.
-是什么呢 -假设我告诉他们
-What of it? -Suppose I tell them…
你如何 跟踪她到柴西区的工作室
how you followed her to that studio in Chelsea…
以及看他们煮通心粉这些事情
and watched them cooking spaghetti and all that rubbish.
-这些话他们会信吧 -当然会
-Will that ring a bell? -It would.
他们会认为是你自己跟踪她的
They’d assume you’d followed her.
-我为什么要跟踪她呢? -你为什么偷她的皮包呢?
-Me? Why should I? -Why should you steal her handbag?
你为什么 给她写那些勒索信呢?
Why should you write those blackmail notes?
你能证明你没有那么做吗?
Can you prove you didn’t?
你当然不能证明是我♥干♥的
You certainly can’t prove I did.
那就成了你的话对抗我的话
It’ll be a straight case of your word against mine.
那就是使他们困惑 你能说些什么呢?
That would puzzle them, wouldn’t it. What could you say?
我只要简单的说你今晚半醉的
I should say that you came here tonight half-drunk and tried to borrow money…
到这来因为是大学同学的关系
on the strength that we were at college together.
向我借钱我拒绝时 你提起什么一封属于我太太的信
When I refused, you said something about a letter belonging to my wife.
就我的了解你想把信卖♥♥给我
As far as I could make out, you tried to sell it to me.
我把所有的钱给了你 而你把信给了我
I gave you what money I had, and you gave me the letter.
信上有你的指纹 还记得吗?
It has your fingerprints on it, remember?
然后你说如果我到警♥察♥局去
Then you said if I went to the police…
而你告诉他们我要你去谋杀我太太的疯狂故事
you’d tell some crazy story about my wanting you to murder my wife.
在你要更进一步说明时 老兄
Before you go any further, old boy,
可要考虑那是有不便之处的
do consider the inconvenience.
你要知道 我是相当有名气的
You see, I’m quite well-known.
而报上也会有你的照片出现
There’d be pictures of you, as well.
而迟早女房♥东和房♥客的代表们
And sooner or later, there’d be a deputation of landladies and lodgers…
就会出现来对你的言行做证
who would step forward to testify to your character.
而几乎可以确定总有人看过你跟华莉丝小姐在一起
And someone is almost certain to have seen you with Miss Wallace.
我注意到你很小心的跟她在一起时不被看到
You were careful not to be seen around with her, I noticed.
你总和她 在远离人群的地方见面
You usually met in out-of-the-way places…
在那里你才不会被人认出来
where you wouldn’t be recognized.
诸如在宾里可的那家小茶坊
Like the little teashop in Pimlico.
那是她的主意 不是我的
That was her idea, not mine.
那地方有点寒酸 对不对?
Yes, it was a bit crummy, wasn’t it?
不是个可以 带凡登太太去的地方
Hardly the place to take Mrs. Van Dorn.
还有 凡登太太知不知道关于亚当斯先生
By the way, does Mrs. Van Dorn know about Mr. Adams…
威尔逊先生…以及华莉丝小姐呢?
and Mr. Wilson and Miss Wallace?
你打算跟凡登太太结婚吧?
You were planning to marry Mrs. Van Dorn, weren’t you?
-你真聪明 行了吧? -不是
-Smart, aren’t you? -No, not really.
并不真是我只是有时间想
I’ve just had time to think things out…
把我自己放在你的处境
put myself in your position.
所以我才知道你会同意的原因
That’s why I know you’re going to agree.
-是什么使你认为我会同意呢? -和赶驴的道理一样
-What makes you think I’ll agree? -The same reason…
后面是棍子 前面是胡萝卜
a donkey with a stick behind him and a carrot in front…
它就总是往前走 而不退后了
always goes forwards, not backwards.
告诉我胡萝卜是什么
Tell me about the carrot.
现金一千英磅
One thousand pounds in cash.
-干一件谋杀案 -只要几分钟的工作 如此而己
-For a murder? -For a few minutes’ work, that’s all it is.
而且不用冒险 我保证
And no risk, I guarantee.
这该会对你有吸引力吧
That ought to appeal to you.
你可是如履薄冰啊
You’ve been skating on pretty thin ice.
-我不知道你在说什么 -你该知道的
-I don’t know what you’re talking about. -You ought to know.
所有的报上都有 中年妇女被发现死亡
It was in the papers, “Middle-aged woman…
由于用药过量什么的
found dead due to an overdose of something.”
显然她用那药有段日子了
She’d been taking the stuff for some time…
而谁也不知道她那药的来源
and nobody knows where she got it.
可是我们知道 对不对?
But we know, don’t we?
可怜的华莉丝小姐
Poor Miss Wallace.
这个一千英磅…
This £1000…
在那里呢?
where is it?
在一个 寄物处的一个小手提箱里
It’s in a small attache case in a checkroom.
-那里 -在伦敦的一个地方
-Where? -Somewhere in London.
当然 我们不用再见面了
Of course, we don’t meet again.
等到你交了货
As soon as you’ve delivered the goods…
我会把 存根和箱子的钥匙寄给你
I shall mail you the checkroom ticket and the key to the case.
拿这一百英磅当作行动资金
You take this £100 on account.
警♥察♥可能会从这些钞票上
The police would only have to trace one of these notes…
查出你我有关 而我们一起送办吗
back to you to hang us both from the same rope.
他们查不出来的 这一整年 我每周都多支领廿英磅
They won’t. For a whole year, I’ve been cashing an extra £20 a week.
总是领五英磅的钞票
Always in fivers.
并在我闲虾时 再把钞票换成旧钞
I then change them for those at my leisure.
-让我看看你的银行帐目 -当然没问题
-Might I see your bank statement? -By all means.
别碰
Don’t touch.
往前翻一页
Turn back a page.
这一年来 你的余额少了一千英磅
Your balance has dropped by over £1000 during the year.
如果警♥察♥问你这件事呢?
Suppose the police ask you about that.
我每周期去赌两次赛狗
I go dog-racing twice a week.
他们会去查收你赌注的人
They’ll check your bookmaker.
跟你一样 我总找通风的人下注
Like you, I always bet on the tout.
满意了吗?
Satisfied?
你要我什么时候下手呢?
When would this take place?
明天夜里
Tomorrow night.
明天夜里 绝对不可能
Tomorrow! Not a chance!
我得考虑这件事啊
I’ve got to think this over.
一定得在明天动手
It has to be tomorrow.
我已经把事情安排好了
I’ve arranged things that way.
在那里动手?
Where?
差不多就在你现在站的地方
Approximately where you’re standing now.
-怎么动手? -明天晚上哈利戴
-How? -Tomorrow evening, Halliday…
她那美国男友和我要去参加一个纯男性的派对
the American boyfriend, and I will go out to a stag party.
她会待在家里 她会很早上♥床♥
She’ll stay here.
并收听周六的戏院无线电转播
She’ll go to bed early and listen to theater on the radio.
她在家时总是这么做的
She always does when I’m out.
在差三分十一点时 你从大门进到房♥子里来
At exactly three minutes to 11, you’ll enter the house through the street door.
你会找到这个门的钥匙
You’ll find the key to this door…
在这里的楼梯地毯下面
under the stair carpet here.
-第五阶 -就是那一阶
-The fifth step. -That’s the one.
直直走到窗户这边来
Go straight to the window…
藏身在窗簾后面
and hide behind the curtains.
十一点整时 我会到饭店电♥话♥亭
At exactly 11:00, I’ll go to the telephone in the hotel…
去打电♥话♥给我老板
to call my boss.
我将拨错号♥码 这个号♥码
I shall dial the wrong number, this number.
这是我所有我所要的
That’s all I shall do.
等到电♥话♥铃响的时候 你会从她卧房♥门下方看到灯亮
When the phone rings, you’ll see the light go on under her bedroom door.
当她把门打开的时候 灯光就会照到这屋子里来
When she opens it, the light will stream across the room.
所以在她接电♥话♥前不要动
So don’t move until she answers the phone.
必须要声音越少越好
There must be as little noise as possible.
等你完事之后 把话筒拿起来
After you’ve finished…
轻轻的吹声口哨 然后挂上
pick up the phone and give me a soft whistle and hang up.
不管你做了什么 什么也别说
Don’t speak, whatever you do. I shan’t say a word.
我什么也不会说 我听了你口哨
When I hear your whistle, I shall hang up and redial…
我会挂上重拨 这次拨对的号♥码
the correct number this time.
然后 我会像没事发生和我老板谈
I shall then talk to my boss as if nothing had happened
并且回到餐会去
and return to the party.
然后呢? 说下去呀
What happens next? Go on.
你会看到这放的行李箱
You’ll see the suitcase here.
里面装着我和清洁工的衣服
It contains clothes of mine for the cleaners.
把它打开 把衣服倒到地上
Open it and tip the clothes out onto the floor.
然后 把香烟盒和这些杯子装进去
Then fill it with a cigarette box and some of these cups.
把箱盖给盖上 但是锁别扣上
Close the lid, but don’t snap the locks.
然后就把行李箱留在现在那里
Then leave the suitcase there, just as it is now.
看来我像匆忙的离去的
As if I’d left in a hurry.
没错 现在是窗户了
That’s the idea. Now, the window…
如果是扣上了 把它打开 并推开别关
If it’s locked, unlock it and leave it open.
然后打你进来的原路出去
Then go out exactly the same way you came in.
-从这扇门出去 -没错
-By this door? -Yes.
这是最重要的事了
And here’s the most important thing.