他一离开分局就打电♥话♥来给我
Call me back when he leaves the station.
好的 长官
Right, sir.
怎样 哈利戴先生 你找到没?
Well, Mr. Halliday, have you got it?
我没找到 那温太太的钥匙呢
I don’t think so. Where’s Mrs. Wendice’s key?
用了我正好半小时 找到这把钥匙
It took me just half an hour to find it.
但是如果钥匙在那里 刚才温地斯为什么不用呢?
But if it was there, why didn’t Wendice use it just now?
他没用是因为 他不知道钥匙在那
He didn’t use it because he doesn’t realize it’s there.
他仍然以为 钥匙在他太太皮包里
He still thinks it’s in the handbag.
你几乎是接近正确答案了
You see, you were very nearly right.
他告诉史望他会把你的钥匙放在楼梯地毯下面
He told Swan that he would leave your latchkey under the stair carpet.
并且告诉他离开时再放回原处
And told him to return it to the same place when he left.
但是当史望被杀之后 我们自然认为你的钥匙
But as Swan was killed, we assumed that your key…
应该在史望的口袋里
would still be in one of Swan’s pockets.
这是他的一个小错误
That was his little mistake because Swan had done…
因为史望所做的正是你建议的
exactly as you suggested, Mr. Halliday.
他把门打开
He unlocked the door…
然后在他进门之前 把钥匙放回原处了
then returned the key before he came in.
从那时起 那钥匙就一直在那了
And it’s been out there ever since.
而温地斯 从史望口袋里拿的钥匙
And the key Wendice took out of Swan’s pocket…
-并放回她的皮包里的是… -史望自己的钥匙
-and returned to her handbag was… -Swan’s own latchkey.
你猜怎样 甚至我也没立刻猜到
Mind you, even I didn’t guess that at once. Extraordinary.
在史望尸体上没有找到钥匙一直在困扰着我
You know, it had always puzzled me that no key was found on Swan’s body.
总之 大多数人身上都带钥匙
After all, most men carry a latchkey about with them.
然后 我有了灵感
And then I had a brain wave.
我把在你皮包里的钥匙拿着
I took the key that was in your handbag…
到他的女友凡登太太家去 而把她家的大门打开了
to his girlfriend’s, Mrs. Van Dorn’s, and unlocked the door of her flat.
然后我借了她的电♥话♥ 打电♥话♥给苏哥兰场
And then I borrowed her telephone and called Scotland Yard.
-你为什么带我到这来呢? -因为你是唯一可能把钥匙
-Why did you bring me here? -You were the only other person…
放在外头的另一个人
who could possibly have left that key outside.
我…我一定得查出来你是不是知道钥匙在那里
I had to find out if you knew it was there.
如果我知道呢?
Suppose I had known?
你并不知道
You didn’t.
-马克 -怎样? 亲爱的
-Mark. -Yes, darling?
我想我就要崩溃了
I think I’m going to have that breakdown.
-哈伯探长 -欧布兰?
-Inspector Hubbard? -O’Brien?
是 他刚离开分局
Yes. He’s just left the station.
好的
Right.
努力再多支持一会儿
Try and hang on just a little longer.
威廉斯 他刚离开分局
Williams, he’s just left the station!
-他往这走时打个暗号♥给我 -把手巾借我一下
-Give me a thump if he comes this way. -Do you have a handkerchief?
现在怎么样了?
What happens now?
迟早他会回到这来的
Sooner or later, he’ll come back here.
我拿走了他的钥匙 他就会试用皮包里的那一把
As I’ve pinched his latchkey, he’ll try the one in the handbag.
当那一把开不了门时 他就了解他的错误 细心一想
When that doesn’t fit, he’ll realize his mistake.
就会到楼梯地毯下去找
Put two and two together and look under the stair carpet.
要是他不去找 我们这些猜谜
But if he doesn’t do that, all this is guesswork.
-什么也证明不了 -完全正确
-We can’t prove a thing. -That’s perfectly true.
但是 一旦他把那扇门打开了 就一切真♥相♥大白了
But once he opens that door, we shall know everything.
-然后呢? -我要亲自打电♥话♥给内政部长
-What will you do then? -I’m to phone the home secretary.
-他现在正等待电♥话♥呢 -那温太太呢?
-He’s standing by for a call now. -And Mrs. Wendice?
就没有什么好怕的事了
Will have nothing else to fear.
-还好吗? 玛歌♥ -是的 我很好
-All right, Margot? -Yes, I’m all right.
你们俩现在别出声
Quiet, now, you two.
-他在干嘛? -他在想
-What’s he doing? -He’s wondering why…
为什么那把钥匙开不了门
that key doesn’t fit.
他往后面入口去了 他又停下了
He’s going around to the back entrance. He’s stopped again.
他现在在看着皮包
He’s looking at the handbag now.
他想要回忆起来他是什么时候把钥匙放回去的
He’s trying to remember when he put the key back in there.
他现在放弃了
Now he’s given up.
我怕这回我们没法子了 他往街那头走了
I’m afraid we’ve had it this time. He’s going way down the street.
等等 他又停下来了
Hold it. He’s stopped again.
他转过身来了
He’s turning round.
他在盯着那把钥匙看
He’s staring at the key.
当然嘛 那是史望的钥匙
Of course, that’s Swan’s key, isn’t it?
现在他想明白了 他很快的往回走
Now he’s got it! He’s coming back fast.
他想起来了
He’s remembered.
马克 正如你所说的 在纸上谈兵是可能会成功的
Well, as you said, Mark, it might work out on paper, but…
但是… 探长 恭喜你
Congratulations, inspector.
还有…
By the way…
玛歌♥ 你怎么样了?
How about you, Margot?
是的 我可以做一件事
Yes, I could do with something.
-马克? -我也可以
-Mark? -So could I.
探长 我想你还在值班吧?
I suppose you’re still on duty, inspector.