我得说 我怀疑过像这类的事
I must say, I suspected something like that.
你是说你查都不查这件事了? 她明天就要被吊死了
You’re not going to check up on this? She’s being hanged tomorrow.
这所有的事已经不是我掌管了
All this has been out of my hands for months.
这些个月来 审判 上诉
There’s been a trial and an appeal…
当然 这事你觉得无所谓对吧
Of course it wouldn’t mean much to you.
你得承认你逮捕错了人了
You’d have to admit you arrested the wrong person.
-我想你还是走吧 -你说对了 我会走的
-I think you’d better go. -You bet I’ll go.
但你犯了一个错误
But you’ve made one mistake.
当玛歌♥听到这件事会怎样呢?
What will happen when Margot hears this?
-当然 她会否认的 -而且也许她会改她的遗嘱的
-She’ll deny it, of course. -And perhaps she’ll change her will.
马克 你就会白忙一场了
You’ll have done it all for nothing, Tony.
如果我告诉你他所编的故事 会有谁会相信我吗?
If I’d told that story of his, would anyone believe me?
没有 不可能的
No, not a chance.
在每一次执行死刑之前总会有人来这一套的
Before nearly every execution, someone comes forward like this.
今天这么一来
This must have been distressing for you…
-你一定很不好受 -你想他们会让他见她吗?
-coming as it did. -You suppose they let him see her?
我现在不希望有事再烦她了
I don’t want her upset just now.
跟你律师谈 他可以阻止的
Have a word with your lawyer. He might be able to prevent it.
在有人动那些钱的脑筋前 还是存进银行去吧
You should get that money in the bank before somebody pinches it.
谢谢你 我想我会去存的
Thank you. I think I will.
我希望哈利戴先生 没在外面等我
I hope Mr. Halliday’s not waiting outside to see me.
你不介意去看看 确定他已经走了吧?
Would you mind just taking a look, sir, to make sure he’s gone?
-他走了 -那好
-All clear. -Good.
还有 先生 他们要我告诉你
By the way, sir, I was asked to tell you…
有些属于温太太的东西在分局
there are a few belongings of Mrs. Wendice at the station.
-是什么东西呢 -一些书以及她的皮包
-What sort of things? -Just books and a handbag.
他们希望你找时间去拿
They’d like you to come and collect them.
-你是说明天以后? -对 如果你愿意 今天也行
-You mean, after tomorrow? -Yes, or today if you like.
就问值班警佐就行了 他知道
Just ask the desk sergeant. He knows all about it.
是的 再见 温先生 我想我们不会再见面了
Well, goodbye, Mr. Wendice. I don’t suppose we shall meet again.
再见 谢谢你 探长
Goodbye, inspector, and thank you very much.
-梅维分局 -我是探长
-Maida Vale Police. -Chief inspector here.
快给我接欧布兰警佐
Give me Sergeant O’Brien, quick.
-欧布兰 -哈伯
-O’Brien here. -Hubbard.
欧布兰 我又进来了
Look, O’Brien, I’ve got back in again.
-开始按计划行事吧 -立刻办 长官
-Start the ball rolling. -Right away, sir.
哈伯探长
Inspector Hubbard.
是我 马克哈利戴
It’s me, Mark Halliday.
你想要怎样? 有什么主意?
Now what are you up to? What’s the idea?
-你在这干嘛 -这个你别管
-What are you doing? -Never mind.
-我不知道你为什么来这 -你还是快走吧 探长
-I was wondering why… -Get out of here.
-听着… -闭嘴
-Listen, inspector… -Shut up!
如果你要救温太太 别说话 让我处理这事
If you want to save Mrs. Wendice, keep quiet. Let me handle this.
你可能…
How are you possibly going to…?
这是怎么回事啊?
Look, what is all this?
他们说我们是扁足警♥察♥
They talk about flatfooted policemen.
愿圣人保护我们来对抗一个业余的高手
May the saints protect us from the gifted amateur.
你最好预备好接受一个惊奇 哈利戴先生
You’d better prepare yourself for a surprise, Mr. Halliday.
玛歌♥
Margot!
马克
Hello, Mark.
-东尼呢 -他…
-Where’s Tony? -He…
-他出去了 -他什么时候会回来呢
-He’s gone out. -When will he be back?
我们不知道
We’re not sure.
-刚才是你按门铃吗 -是的
-Was that you who rang just now? -Yes.
-你为什么不给我开门呢? -你有钥匙
-Why didn’t you let me in? -You’ve got a key.
-为什么不用呢? -我用了
-Why didn’t you use it? -I did…
-可是打不开锁 -对了 你知道是为什么呢?
-but it didn’t fit the lock. -You know why, don’t you?
不 我不知道 锁被换掉了吗?
No, I don’t. Has the lock been changed?
把你的皮包给我看一下
May I have your bag a moment?
这把钥匙是谁的?
Whose key is this?
我想这把是我的
I thought it was mine.
我不知道
I don’t know.
到底是怎么回事啊?
What’s going on here?
你丈夫已经说明这个了 你要知道
Your husband’s explained this, you know.
你现在可以全都告诉我们了
You can tell us all about it now.
那是什么?
What is it?
我不明白
I don’t understand.
对 我相信你是不明白的
No, I don’t believe you do.
-皮尔逊 -是的 长官
-Pearson. -Yes, sir.
把这皮包送回分局去
Take this handbag back to the police station…
-并把那辆车开走 -是的 长官
-and get that car out of the way. -Yes, sir.
等等 你这呆子 你不能这样上街
Wait a minute, you clod. You can’t walk down the street like that.
你会被逮捕的 把皮包放到这里来
You’ll be arrested. Here, put it in this.
玛歌♥ 你是怎么到这来的?
Margot, how did you get here?
我不知道
I don’t know.
大约一小时前 典狱长来看我
About an hour ago, the warden came to see me…
他说 我要被带回家
and just said I was to be taken home.
然后两个探员带我到这儿来了
Then two detectives brought me here.
他们说 我可以走了 可是我打不开门
They said I could go, but I couldn’t get that door open.
东尼到那去了?
Where’s Tony?
他今天早上该来看我的
He was supposed to visit this morning…
而他们说他不能来了
and they said he couldn’t come.
他发生了什么事了吗?
Has anything happened to him?
没有 没有事
No. Nothing.
探长 我不是想要干涉
I don’t want to interfere…
但是 你可以告诉我们你到底在做什么呢
but do you think you could tell us what you’re up to?
温太太 我要告诉你的事可能会吓到你
Mrs. Wendice, what I’m about to tell you may come as a shock.
怎样呢?
Yes?
我们非常怀疑你的丈夫计划了要谋杀你
We strongly suspect that your husband had planned to murder you.
东尼安排了史望那晚来这杀你
Tony arranged for Swan to come here that night and kill you.
你知道这件事有多久了?
How long have you known this?
-你自己不怀疑这件事吗? -不 从未怀疑过
-Did you suspect it yourself? -No, never.
然而…
And yet…
马克 我是怎么了?
What’s the matter with me, Mark?
我好像对什么都没感觉了
I don’t seem able to feel anything.
我是不是该崩溃或什么的
Shouldn’t I break down or something?
那只是行动迟缓 如此而己
It’s delayed action, that’s all.
过几天之后 你就会有最棒的崩溃了
In a couple of days, you’re gonna have the most wonderful breakdown.
你是什么时候发现的? 先生
When did you find out, sir?
头一个线索来得相当意外
Well, the first clue came quite by accident.
我们发现你丈夫在所有的地方
We discovered that your husband had been spending…
花费了大量的现金 全是一磅纸钞
a large number of pound notes all over the place.
最后总数超过了三百英磅
It ran into over £300.
而开始的时间 大约就是你被捕时
And it appeared to have started at about the time you were arrested.
现在我得知道他那些钱是从哪以及怎么弄来的
Now, I had to find out where he got that money and how.
然后我想起来了 在你被捕之后我们搜过这间屋子
Then I remembered that after you were arrested we searched this flat.
我在这书桌上 看见他的银行帐目
And I saw a copy of his bank statement in that desk.
所以昨天下午我到监狱去 并且要求看你的皮包
So yesterday afternoon, I went to the prison and asked to see your handbag.
我要这么做的目的是摸走你的钥匙
While I was doing this, I managed to lift your latchkey.
很不合规定 当然 但是我就是不服输
Highly irregular, of course, but my blood was up.
然后今天早上当你丈夫出去时
And then this morning, when your husband was out…
我回到这来看他的帐目
I came back here to look at his statement.
我没看到 因为我进不了这扇门
I never saw it because I never got through that door.
你看 我从你皮包里拿来的钥匙
You see, the key that I’d taken from your handbag…
不是开这个锁的
didn’t fit the lock.
威廉斯
Williams?
温地斯
Wendice.
这可真是好险呀
That was a near one.
梅维分局 我是欧布兰
Maida Vale Police. O’Brien speaking.
哈伯 听我说 欧布兰 他发现了他的大衣了
Hubbard. Look, O’Brien, he’s found out about his raincoat.
他刚回来 可是进不来 我想现在
He just came back and couldn’t get in.
他是往分局去的路上了
I think he’s on his way to the station now.
皮尔逊把皮包送到了没有?
Has Pearson arrived with the handbag?
-送到了 长官 -很好
-Yes, sir. -Good. Now, listen.
把那些书和皮包给温地斯
Give Wendice those books and the handbag…
并且确定他看到那把钥匙
and make sure he sees the key.
最好叫他查看皮包里的东西 而且要他签收
Better make him check the contents and sign for them.
如果他要他自己的钥匙和大衣
If he wants his own key and raincoat…
-告诉他我到哥拉斯哥去了 -知道了
-tell him I’ve gone to Glasgow. -Right, sir.
-有问题吗? -没有 那好
-Any questions? -No questions.