只有三样东西 我的信她的丝♥袜♥
Just three things: My letter, her stocking…
以及在史望身上 没有钥匙的事实
and the fact that because no key was found on Swan…
她一定是自己让他进来的
she must’ve let him in.
-别想告诉我… -等等 东尼
-Don’t tell me… -Wait a minute.
听我说 这是你进来的地方
Now, hear me out. This is where you come in.
你得到警方去 告诉他们一个故事
Now, you’ve got to go tell the police and tell them some story.
任何会说服他们 玛歌♥没说谎的事
Anything to convince them Margot wasn’t lying after all.
警♥察♥不像是会相信我的话
The police aren’t likely to believe anything I tell them.
东尼 我写这东西许多年了
Tony, I’ve been writing this stuff for years.
我想出了一件 让你告诉他们的事
I’ve figured out something for you to tell them.
现在我们 把环给一个一个的连上
Now, let’s take those points one by one.
玛歌♥说她绝对没有让史望从这扇门进来
Margot says she never let Swan in through this door.

Okay.
他反正是把门打开了
He must have opened it somehow.
假设你告诉警方你把你的钥匙留在外头什么地方了呢
Suppose you tell the police that you left your key out here somewhere?
那么史望就可以自己进来了
Then Swan could have let himself in.
-他怎么知道钥匙在那里呢? -是你告诉他的
-How did he know it was there? -You told him.
但我有廿年没见过史望了
But I haven’t met Swan in 20 years.
东尼 史望己死了
Tony, Swan is dead.
我们得善加利用这一点
We’ve gotta make the most of that.
你可以说任何关于他的故事 你甚至可说
You can tell any story you like. You can even say…
你们俩见了面你们一起计划了这整件事
you two met somewhere and planned this whole thing together.
计划什么?
Planned what?
你是认为我安排史望
Are you suggesting I arranged for Swan to come here…
-来勒索她? -不是
-to blackmail her? -No.
是来杀她的
To kill her.
-来杀玛歌♥ -就是这样
-Kill Margot? -That’s it.
-为什么呢 -因她这么说的
-Why? -Because she said so.
他从窗簾后头走出来
“He came from behind the curtain…
他想要把我勒死
and he tried to strangle me.”
好 这就是他所做的
Okay, that’s what he did.
你所要做的是 就是支持她所说的
Just support everything she said.
这就是我整个的构想
Don’t you see? That’s my whole idea.
那你的信呢? 人是不会去杀
What about your letter?
他想勒索的人的
A man doesn’t kill the person he blackmails.
-这样讲不通 -我知道 我对这点担了一下心
-That doesn’t make sense. -I know. It worried me too.
但我也想出了解决的方法
But I’ve got that licked.
你告诉他们你自己 偷了她的皮包
You tell them that you stole her handbag yourself.
我为什么要这么做呢?
Why should I do that?
因你想要看我的信
Because you wanted to read my letter.
当你看了我的信你发怒了决定给她个教训
When you read it, you got mad and decided to teach her a lesson.
所以你写了那些勒索便条
You wrote those blackmail notes.
谁也不能证明你没有写
Nobody can prove you didn’t.
你也可以说 你没在车站看见史望
And you can also say you never saw Swan at Victoria Station.
你编的好把他和我的信 扯上关系
You just invented that to try to connect him with my letter.
你看不出来这上面的关连吗?
You see how it all hangs together?
可是你的信在他口袋被找到的
But your letter was found in his pocket.
-是你放进去的 -什么时候放的
-You put it there. -When?
就在警♥察♥到这前那段时间
Sometime before the police arrived.
而你还可以…
And you could have also…
同时放置那只丝♥袜♥
planted the stockings at the same time.
马克 我为什么找人来杀玛歌♥呢
Mark, why should I want anyone to kill Margot?
我知道
I know, Tony.
东尼 我们难于去面对
It’s tough for us to see because we…
因为我们两人都爱她
We both love her.
但是我们现在需要一个理由
But we need a reason now.
我们非常的需要这个理由
We need it badly!
我们来拿一个古老库存的动机
Let’s take one of the old stock motives.
-玛歌♥有立遗嘱吗? -有 我相信他立了
-Had Margot made a will? -Yes, I believe she had.
-谁是受益人 -我想是我吧
-Who was the beneficiary? -Why, I am, I suppose.
-这就是你的理由 -上万的夫妻
-There’s your reason! -Thousand of husbands and wives…
彼此留钱给对方 也没说会彼此谋杀的呀
leave money to each other without murdering each other.
警方 一个字也不会相信这个说法
The police wouldn’t believe it. They’d take it as a man…
一个拼命想救他太太的男人
trying desperately to save his wife.
总之 是值得一试的
Well, I certainly think it’s worth that try.
他们不会为了 谋杀不成而吊死你
Face it, they can’t hang you for a murder that never came off.
顶多是你在监狱里待上几年
The most you’d get would be a few years in prison.
感谢之至
Thanks very much.
东尼 救她一命这是很小的代价
It’s a small price to pay. You’d save her life!
马克 这话出自你口可真好
That’s fine coming from you, Mark.
要不是因为你 她不会有生命之危
Her life wouldn’t be in danger at all if it hadn’t been for you.
由于她和你之间的关系
It’s because of her association with you…
她失去了陪审团的同情心
that she lost the sympathy of the jury.
别会错意 马克
Don’t get me wrong, Mark.
只要有点机会 我当然会去做
If there was the slightest chance of this coming off, I’d do it.
但是 那一定要有说服力
But it’s got to be convincing.
比方说 我怎能说动史望干这事
For instance, how could I have persuaded Swan to do a thing like this?
你若应给他钱或是什么的
You offered him money or something.
什么钱 我什么钱也没有
What money? I don’t have any.
有的 玛歌♥的钱
Yes! You’d have had Margot’s.
那要好久我才能到手呀
It would be months before I get my hands on that.
人们不会让你 欠钱去干谋杀案的
And people don’t commit murder on credit.
不会的 我…我怕你得想个比这更好的说词
No, I’m… I’m afraid you’ll have to think of something better than that.
我知道你是想要伸出援手 但
I know you’re trying to help.
你能想像会有谁相信这故事吗
But can you imagine anyone believing a story like that?
能 我能 如果你使他们相信
Yes, I can. If you make them believe it!
我不知道怎么说 你得跟我去
I wouldn’t know what to say. Come with me.
东尼 这才真是个错误呢 他们知道我写的东西
That would be a mistake. They know the stuff I write.
就没机会了
We wouldn’t stand a chance…
探长 你好
Hello, inspector.
是为了我太太的事吗?
Is it about my wife?
-先生 不是 我怕不是 -那么是为了什么呢?
-No, sir, I’m afraid not. -Then what is it?
我正在调查一件和三周前
I’m making inquiries in connection with a robbery that took place…
-所发生的抢案有关连的事 -能等几天吗?
-about three weeks ago, sir. -Can’t it wait a few days?
当然可以 先生 我对你的处境是很能体会的
Of course, sir. I’m very conscious of your position.
如果容我说 我想说我是多难过
If I may, I’d like to say how deeply sorry I am…
是的 探长 有何我可效劳之处
Yes, inspector, all right. Now, how can I help you?
一个在里伯利街工厂的出纳在他的办公室被攻击了
The cashier of a factory in Ledbury Street was attacked in his office…
而两个男子抢走了几百英磅
and two men made off with several hundred pounds…
多数是一英磅的钞票
mostly in pound notes.
这跟我有何关呢 像这种案件
What is all this to do with me?
所有的警♥察♥单位 全被要求去寻找
In these cases, all police divisions are asked to keep a lookout…
花大把钱的人
for anyone spending large sums of money.
-我明白了 -我不知道
-I see. -And I was wondering…
-你最近有没有为了现金 卖♥♥了什么东西 -什么
-if you’d sold anything recently for cash. -Why?
我的警佐 有一天在威尔斯修车厂
My sergeant happened to be making inquiries…
进行调查工作 而查出来了
at Wales’ Garage the other day, and it appears that you…
你最近在那有一笔为数大约…
settled an account there recently for…
刚超过六十英磅的交易
just over £60.
那时候我身上有现金
Yes, I happened to have quite a bit on me…
所以我就以现金支付了
so I settled for cash.
我明白了 你是否 刚从你的银行里提了钱呢
I see. Had you just drawn this money from your bank?
你去过我的银行去吗? 探长
Have you been to my bank, inspector?
去过 事实上我去过 但是他们不肯帮助我
Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. But they wouldn’t help me.
银行帐目都被严密看守着的
Bank statements are always jealously guarded.
我要怪的是你没有先来找我
Yes, but I’m rather surprised you didn’t come to me first.
反正只是列行公事
It was only a routine matter after all.
我不想来打扰你
I didn’t want to disturb you.
你那些现金是那儿来的? 先生
Where did you get it, sir?
这事跟你有关吗?
Is that any of your business?
如果钱是偷来的 就是我的事了
If it was stolen money, yes, sir, it is my business.
-你不介意我抽烟吧 -请便
-Do you mind if I smoke? -Go ahead.
你真的认为我在接收贼款吗?
Do you really think I’ve been receiving stolen money?
除非你告诉我钱是哪儿来的
Until you tell me where you got it,
我就不知道该怎样想了 对吧
I shan’t know what to think, shall I?
如果你这钱是来自某个陌生人
You see, if you got this money from someone you didn’t know…
那可能就是我们要找的人呢
I mean, that might be the very person we’re looking for.
哈啰
Hello.
-先生 这是你的吗? -什么东西
-Is this yours? -What is it?
谁的钥匙在地板上
Somebody’s latchkey. It was lying on the floor just here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!