Hey, Pop.
为什么 请问 你们怎么把他推到这里
What–? What the heck do you–? Ma’am, why do you have him out here?
还好吗 感觉怎么样
You okay? How you feeling?
我…
I….
没事 我给你 给你写了一封信
I mean, it’s nothing, but I wrote you– I wrote you a letter.
不 不 现在别看 先不用
No, no, don’t read it now. You don’t have to–
我觉得你不会 还是等我走了再看
I didn’t think you’d– Why don’t you read it when l’m not around?
算了 不管那些了 我念给你听
You know what? The hell with it. I’ll just read it to you.
亲爱的爸爸
“Dear Dad.
有些话我想告诉你
There’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you.
还记的几年前
You remember a few years back…
在我中枪之后
…when I got shot.
你想知道在我昏迷之前
Well, you wanna know the very first thing…
最先浮现在我脑海里的
…that entered my mind at that moment?
是什么吗
Right before I blacked out?
是硬币
Coins.
我好像又回到了八岁那年
Suddenly I was 8 years old again.
去参观美国铸币厂的时候
I was on that tour of the U.S. Mint.
我听着导游介绍硬币的铸造过程
I was listening to the guide explain how coins are made.
它们怎样由金属片打♥压♥出来
How they’re punched out of sheet metal
怎样打磨成形
and how they’re rimmed and beveled.
怎样刻上图形和清理干净
How they’re stamped and cleaned.
每一枚硬币都经过人为筛选
And how each and every batch of coins are personally examined…
以防忽略掉任何一点细小的瑕疵
…in case any have slipped through with the slightest imperfection.
你还记得吗 爸爸
Do you remember that, Dad?
还记得我们去费城的旅行吗
I mean, do you remember that trip to Philadelphia we took?
那时我脑海突然闪现了一个念头
That’s what popped into my head.
我就像美国♥军♥队铸造出的一枚硬币
I’m a coin of the United States Army.
我在1980年入伍 进过严格的选拔
And I was minted in the year 1980.
进过严格的选拔
I’ve been punched from sheet metal.
之后进过了艰苦的训练和磨砺
I’ve been stamped and cleaned.
最后成为了一名合格的军人
And my edges have been rimmed and beveled.
但是现在我却身中两枪
But now I have two small holes in me.
我已经不是一个完整的军人了
So I’m no longer in perfect condition.”
怎么样 爸爸 我们俩就是两个硬币
How about it, Dad? You know, we’re just a couple of coins here, huh?
还有 还有件事
“But there’s one– There’s one more thing…
我想告诉你
…that I want to tell you too.
我被击中后 在我昏迷之前
After I got shot, you know, right before I blacked out.
想知道我最后想到的是什么吗
You wanna know the very last thing I thought of?”
对不起
I’m sorry.
最后想到的是
The very last thing I thought of….
想知道我最后想到的是什么吗
You wanna know the very last thing I thought of?
对不起 我不想催你
I’m so sorry, I don’t want to rush you…
我们还有别人要来
…but we have another service coming in.
约翰
John.
你怎么回来了
What brings you home?
因为我爸爸
It’s my dad.
你♥爸♥爸还好吗
How’s your dad?
他…
He….
真抱歉
I’m sorry.
真希望我知道
I wish I had known.
没事
It’s okay.
也改变不了什么
It wouldn’t have made any difference.
真为你伤心
I’m so sorry.
他是 曾是个好人
He’s…He was a really good man.
你还是做到了 是不是
You finally did it, huh?
小马野营所
Camp Horse Sense.
没有
No.
我没有 我努力过
I didn’t. I tried.
从父母那接管这里以后 就开了一个夏天
It only lasted one summer after we took over this place from my parents.
太贵了开不起
It was…. It was expensive.
进去吗
Do you want to come inside?
就我一个人
It’s just me.
你什么时候回去
When do you have to go back?
处理好我爸爸的后事
As soon as I get my dad’s stuff squared away.
安定下来了吗
Have you settled down yet?
没有
No.
那你一定有不少约会
But you must be dating a lot, huh?
我觉得你不会把它叫约会
No. I don’t think you can call it dating exactly.
很高兴见到你
It’s so good to see you.
在这里 还活着
Here. Alive.
等一下 我去 抱歉
Hold on. I’m just gonna– I’m sorry.
喂
Hello?
不 我很好
No, I’m fine.
我…
I….
约翰在这里
Well, John…John is here.
对 约翰·泰里
Yeah, John Tyree.
我一会就去
Yeah, I’m gonna leave soon.
好的 一会见
Okay, I’ll see you.
大概20分钟就到 好吗
I’ll be there in like 20 minutes, okay?
我也爱你 再见
I love you too. Bye.
他想见你
He wants to see you.
等等 怎么?
Wait, what?
是提姆
It’s Tim?
最后他被确诊 很悲观
Initially after he was diagnosed, he was so optimistic.
他没有放在心上 一直照顾艾伦
He wasn’t concerned, all he cared about was Alan…
确实令人感动
…which was inspiring.
一直到癌症扩散到晚期
It wasn’t until after the cancer spread
我注意到他的变化
to stage four that I noticed a big change.
什么癌症
What kind of cancer is it?
淋巴瘤
Lymphoma.
他把自己关在房♥间里
He’s had it with being cooped up in that room…
出来的话就来这里
…so he basically just spends all his time out here.
有时候和艾伦一起
Sometimes with Alan.
-我能买♥♥个脆皮蛋糕吗 -艾伦 还记得约翰吗
– Can I have a crumble cake? – Alan, do you remember John?
你好 约翰
Hello, John.
你好 艾伦
Hey, Alan.
长大了
He’s gotten big.
-还好吗 -很好
– How are you? – Good.
我去给他买♥♥个蛋糕
I’m gonna get him a crumble cake.
好主意 他一直在念叨
Oh, that’s a good idea. He’s been talking about that.
走 艾伦
Come on, Alan.
我想你肯定想揍我一顿
I guess you must want to kick my ass, huh?
在这儿我什么也干不了 对不对
There’s not a lot I can do about it here, is there?
一切都是我精美的计划
It’s all part of my master plan.
该死的计划
Hell of a plan.
我爱她
I love her.
我以前的生活 现在都消失了
Everything that happened in my life before, it’s gone now.
无影无踪
It’s been wiped clean.
我想告诉你
I wanted to tell you that.
对不起
And I’m sorry.
很抱歉你远在天边 却发生这样的事
I’m sorry for how it happened with you so far away.
但现在我知道艾伦会有人一直照顾他
But I know now that Alan will always have someone to take care of him.
有可靠的人监护
He will always be in good hands.
其实她一直爱着你
She still loves you, you know.
为什么是黑的
Why is it black?
很明显 从脸上就可以看出来
It’s plain as day, you can see it all over her face.
我也不想是真的
I wish that weren’t the case…
但她从没有像过去看你那样看我
…but she’s never looked at me the way she used to look at you.
你应该知道
You should know that.
小心点 艾伦
Be careful, Alan.
他还是喜欢那些马
He still loves those horses, huh?
他会一直在外面 睡觉的时候才回来
Yeah, he’ll be out there till bedtime.
我得让他出院
I gotta get him out of that hospital.
他应该回家
He needs to come home.
在德州有个公♥司♥ 有一种试验药物
There’s a company in Texas with an experimental drug.
也可能有用
That might help.
可是保险公♥司♥当然不会支付
But the insurance companies don’t pay for it, of course.
我父母一年前把海边的房♥子卖♥♥了
My parents sold their beach house a year ago.
那简直是上天赐的
Which was a godsend.
我们还进行了几次募捐