我保证会一直写信
I promise I’ll write all the time,
我保证我会告诉你所有的事
I promise I’ll tell you everything,
对我要有耐心
Be patient with me,
因为你要等好长时间才能收到这些信
it may take a while for these letters to get back to you,
我们已经开始在外执行任务了
we’ve already been deployed out on a mission.
跟上 士兵们 动起来 咱们走
Come on, soldier, move it, move it. Let’s go!
问题是我们不能用本地的邮政系统
The problem is we can’t exactly use the local postal system here,
而且这里也不能上网
and there’s no such thing as internet connection,
所以我只能通过航♥空♥邮寄往外发东西
so l have to send everything from here out by airmail,
-你能帮我发出去吗 -可以可以
– Can you get this out for me? – Yeah. Yeah.
-别弄丢了 好吗 -好 没问题
– Don’t lose it, all right? – Yeah, I gotcha.
不幸的是 我没法说出我的具体地址
Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to say exactly where here is,
我只能告诉你我们被派往的地方
all I can tell you is where we’ve been sent…
让我无比的想念美国
…makes me miss America very much,
我想念查尔斯顿
and the lack of anything resembling an ocean
因为这里没有任何像海的地方
makes me miss Charleston,
我周围的所有东西都让我想念你
and everything around me makes me miss you,
我们总游走各地
we move around a lot,
所以信可能会迟到或不按顺序到
so letters tend to come late and out of order,
我们也许该把信都编上号♥
we may want to number our letters…
这样就能知道写信的顺序了
…just so we know which order we wrote them in,
但当信到达时
but when they do finally get here…
就是美好的一天
…it’s a good day,
-每当没有信时 -好啦 来看看吧
– whenever they don’t… – All right, let’s see here.
不是我的 不是我的
Not for me. Not for me.
不是我的 还不是我的
Not for me. And not for me.
意料之中
Figures.
-不是 -也没有你的信
– …It’s not, – Nothing for you either.
但是我知道信会来的 我知道
But l know they’ll still come, l know it,
是啊
That’s right.
第八封信
Letter number 8,
亲爱的John 我回到我父母的农场过周末
Dear John, I’m back at my parents’ farm for the weekend,
而这里住着一些你可能认识的人
and they have some house guests you may know,
莎文娜
Savannah!
莎文娜
Savannah!
我认为那匹马跟你很配
I think that horse suits you just fine.
今天我带着艾伦出来骑马
I took Alan out riding with me today,
这是他第一次骑马
it was his first time on a horse,
你骑得很好 艾伦
You look good on that horse, Alan.
你肯定听过马的感应这种事
You’ve heard of horse sense,
马♥会♥察觉到危险
horses are somehow able to sense danger?
能察觉到邪恶的事物
Sense out evil?
那么 我觉得患孤独症的孩子也一样
Well, I think autistic kids have that too…
所以我想到这个主意
…so l had this idea,
这个梦想就是
This dream,
我想办一家专为孤独症儿童开设的夏令营
I wanna open up a summer camp for autistic kids,
我从来没见过他这个样子
I’ve never seen him act like this before.
你饿了吗
Are you hungry?
在这里他们可以随心所欲的骑马
Where they can ride horses as much as they want,
你饿吗
Are you hungry?
他们的生活中会有这么一次
For once in their life,
一个能让他们无忧无虑的地方
a place where they won’t have to worry about a thing,
你觉得如何 是个白日梦吗
What do you think? Pipe dream, huh?
不 这不是个白日梦
No, it’s not a pipe dream,
这是个完美的梦想
It’s a perfect dream,
安瑞捷 圣诞快乐
Erget. Merry Christmas.
约翰 给约翰·泰里先生的
John, to a Mr. John Tyree.
-闭嘴 -7封信?
– Shut up, man. – Seven?
-别跑 -我能留着这封吗
– Stop moving around. – Can I keep this one?
第33封信
Letter number 33,
亲爱的莎文娜 好消息是
Dear Savannah, the good news is
我们被派往一个新地方
we’ve been sent somewhere new,
尽管我仍然无法告诉你是什么地方
although I can’t tell you where that is either,
坏消息是这地方真的让我很想念老地方
the bad news is, this place actually makes me miss the old place,
但是这里会有满月 让我想起了你
but it’s a full moon here tonight, which makes me think of you,
因为我知道无论我身在何处
because I know that no matter what I’m doing,
无论我在做什么
no matter where I am…
我们看的都是同一个月亮
…this moon will always be the same size as yours,
只不过是千里共婵娟
half a world away,
亲爱的约翰
Dear John…
大多数夜晚 我带着对你的忧虑入睡
…most nights I fall asleep worrying about you,
担心你身在何处
wondering where you may be out there,
但不是今晚
not tonight,
今晚你与我同在
tonight you’re here with me,
昨天我拜访了你的父亲
I visited your dad yesterday,
夏天快过去了
Summer’s almost over and
我想在返校前去看看他
I wanted to see him before I went back to school,
我希望这样没事
I hope that’s okay,
我给你做了一个派
I made you a pie.
他给我做晚餐
He made me dinner,
因为是周日所以我们吃的面条
It was Sunday so we had lasagna,
我请他讲讲他收藏的硬币
and I got him talking about his coins,
所以我们的交流挺多的
so we had plenty of conversation,
这枚有点像是淘汰品 品相很差的硬币
This one is kind of a cull, a coin that’s in really bad shape.
对大多数收藏者来说毫无价值
Worthless to most collectors.
但对你来说不是
But not to you.
是的 对我来说不是
No, not to me.
你最喜欢哪一枚硬币
What is your favorite coin?
在你收藏的所有硬币中
Out of all the coins that you have,
你最最喜欢的是哪一枚
what is your absolute favorite coin?
有这样的硬币吗
Do you have one?
78年杰斐逊错版
‘Seventy-eight Jefferson mule.
这是我的最爱
That’d be my favorite.
绝对是
Definitely.
为什么 它价值最高吗
Why? Is it worth the most?
它确实值不少钱 但不是最贵的
Well, it’s worth a lot, not the most.
但是 你知道
But, you know….
它背后有什么鲜为人知的故事吗
What’s the story behind it?
这里有一枚
Here’s one….
所以我只好问你了 约翰 不论你在哪里
So I’ll ask you instead, John, wherever you may be,
那背后的故事是什么
亲爱的莎文娜
Dear Savannah,
只因我承诺过你要对你知无不言
only because I promised to tell you everything,
谢谢
Thank you.
在我7岁的时候 我买♥♥了一个冰淇淋
When I was 7 years old, I bought an ice cream cone,
在回家的路上
On the way home,
我发现找回的零钱中有一个不是硬币
I noticed one of the pennies wasn’t actually a penny,
我不知道
I don’t know.
不清楚 从未见过这种东西
I don’t know. Never seen anything like it.
你找的吗 小伙子
Did you find this, son?
是吗
Yeah?
这是个错铸硬币
No, it’s a mule.
-是什么 -错铸硬币 一个铸错的硬币
– It’s a what? – A mule. An error coin.
他们时而会犯错
Every now and then they make mistakes…
一批硬币偶然的溜走 这东西
…batch accidentally slips through, this thing…
正面是五分反面是一分 错铸硬币
…head’s a nickel, tail’s a penny. mule.
相对来说显得挺新鲜
Really more of a novelty than anything.
记得你曾说过的马的感应吗
Remember the horse sense you were talking about?
这孩子找到这个 我会买♥♥下的
–The kid found it l will buy it anyway.
20块钱
Twenty bucks.
-不 谢谢 -我爸爸也有这种感应
– No, thank you. – Well, my dad has it too,
等一下 等等
Now, wait a minute. Hang on.
让我再看一眼吧 很快的
Let me take another look at that real quick.
约翰 咱们走吧
John, let’s go.
真见鬼
I’ll be damned.
-你知道这是什么吗 -不知道
– Do you know what this is? – No.
看一下这个
Look at that.
这就是你的硬币
That’s your coin.
你想听我的建议
You want my advice?
父亲对父亲的
Dad to dad?
留着它