We’ve done a few fundraisers.
但没想到这么快就花光了
But I never would have guessed that we would run out so fast.
留下来吃饭 好吗
Stay for dinner, okay?
你现在喝酒了
So you drink now.
只是吃饭的时候喝一两杯
Just a glass or two at dinner.
几年前提姆让我养成习惯了
Tim got me started a couple years ago.
你怎么那样看我
Why are you looking at me like that?
什么意思
What do you mean?
我怎么看你了?
How am I looking at you?
不一样了
Differently.
你想让我怎么看你?
I don’t know, how do you want me to look at you?
你现在不一样了
You’re different.
我不知道
I don’t know…
我不知道为什么来这里 在做什么
I don’t know why I came here. I mean, what are we doing?
我们坐在这里 吃饭 聊天
We’re sitting here and we’re eating and we’re talking…
可是并没有实质的内容
…but no one’s actually saying anything.
你想让我说什么 想谈什么
What do you want me to say? What do you want to talk about?
为什么你不打电♥话♥
Why didn’t you call?
为什么不给我打电♥话♥
Why didn’t you call me?
我不值得你给个更好的解释吗
I mean, did I not deserve any more explanation than…
就一封信打发我
…that letter?
你本该给我打电♥话♥的
You could have called me?
本可以给我机会 改变主意
You could have given me some sort of chance to change your mind?
不觉得你欠我吗
Don’t you think you owed me that?
我不能
I couldn’t.
不能
You couldn’t?
你就一点不想我 不给我电♥话♥
You thought that little of me that you couldn’t have just called me.
为什么
Why?
因为我不能
Because I couldn’t.
给我个答案 为什么 为什么不打
Give me an answer. Why? Why not?
-因为我不能 -原因
– Because I couldn’t. – An answer.
因为听见你的声音 我就会变主意
Because just hearing your voice, I would have changed my mind.
你就想听这个吗 约翰
Is that what you wanna hear, John?
大老远来就为听这句话
What you came all this way to hear?
你觉得外面世界很艰难
You think it was tough out there?
可没有你我容易吗
Think it was easy for me without you?
没有你
You thought that every single day it wasn’t…
我哪天不像是在跑马拉松一样呢
…a goddamn marathon of my life without you?
提姆病了
Tim was sick.
他病了 需要我
He was sick and he needed me.
他要我帮他
He needed me to help him.
帮着艾伦 还有很其他的事
He needed me to help him with Alan, with everything.
我很孤独 不知道自己在做什么
I was alone and I had no idea what I was doing.
我没有打算这样 我不知道这一切会发生
I didn’t plan this. I didn’t know that it was gonna happen to me.
但就是发生了
But it did.
你以为我没有努力过吗
You don’t think I’ve tried?
无数次我拿起电♥话♥ 想打给你
I picked up the phone a thousand times to try to call you.
你以为我愿意这个样子
You think that I really wanna be standing here
站在你面前吗
in front of you like this?
我没办法
I had no choice.
我知道
I know.
每一封信我都保留下来了
I saved every single one of them.
你去过这么多地方
You’ve been so many places.
我想黄色信封是来自非洲的
I think the yellow envelopes are from Africa or something.
是吗
Really?
我还保留着第一封 最初的那封
I even have your first, your very first letter to me.
提姆的水费单
Tim’s water bill.
对不起
Sorry.
没事
It’s okay.
真希望有更多那样的信
Hope you have more where that came from.
我要煮点咖啡
I’m gonna put a pot of coffee on.
我该走了
I should go.
很快会再见你的吧
I’ll see you soon, then?
回答我
Say it back.
我说了 你总会回复
When I say it, you say it.
还记得吗
Remember?
约翰
John?
说啊
Just say it.
再见 莎文娜
Goodbye, Savannah.
我想你不记得我
I don’t think you remember me.
但你一定认识我爸 比尔·泰里
But I believe you knew my father, Bill Tyree.
当然 我认识 但好久没见他了
Oh, yeah, of course I did. I haven’t seen him in a while, though.
他还好吗
How is he?
刚刚去世
He recently passed.
节哀顺变
I’m sorry.
我想你曾要一次性购买♥♥他收藏的硬币
I think you might’ve offered to buy his coin collection one time.
对不对
Is that right?
对 不止一次
Sure did. More than once.
只是好奇
Just out of curiosity,
你觉得他的收藏值多少钱
How much do you think a collection like his is worth?
那么多 我不知道 我得看看
A collection that big? I don’t know, I’d have to see it.
听着 我只拿了一品相
Look, I only got about one condition.
所有错币 他都放在了一起
All the mules, they gotta stay together.
你可以成套的卖♥♥掉或自己收藏
You can sell them as a set or keep them for yourself.
他们应该放在一起
They have to stay together.
你真要把所有硬币都卖♥♥给我
You’re really going to sell me all his coins?
是的 没错
Yes, sir.
除了一个
All but one.
5美分的一面 我们留在这 会有掩体
This comes up nickel, we’re gonna set up right here. We got shade.
若是一美分那面 我们就去山脊 可见度好
It comes up penny, we’ll be up on the ridge. We got visibility.
-是一美分那面 -好 去山脊
– That’d be penny side. – All right, let’s go to the ridge.
中士
Sergeant.
谢谢
Thank you.
亲爱的约翰
Dear John…
已经五年没有用笔
…it’s been almost five years since I wrote with an actual pen…
在纸上写过信了
…on an actual sheet of paper,
我想可以告诉你
I thought I could write and tell you…
自从上次见你之后发生的一切
…all that’s happened since I saw you last,
你走了几周后
a few weeks after you showed up here…
提姆收到匿名的捐助
…Tim received an anonymous donation,
一份保险公♥司♥
a donation that was enough to give him…
付不起的捐助
…what the insurance companies wouldn’t
给了时间
Time,
可以回家了
Time to finally come home,
和他儿子共度时光
Time to spend with his son,
有机会说再见
Time to say goodbye,
我所经历的时间
The problem with time, I’ve learned…
不管是最初和你共度的两周
…whether it’s those first two weeks I got to spend with you…
还是最终和他度过的两个月
…or those final two months I got to spend with him…
最终时间会消逝
…eventually time always runs out,
我不知道现在你在世界哪个角落约翰
I have no idea where you are out there in the world, John,
但是 我已经没有权利去获知这一切
But I understand that I lost the right to know these things long ago,
不管过多少年
No matter how many years go by…
我知道一件事是真的
…I know one thing to be as true as it ever was,
很快会再见面
I’ll see you soon, then,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!