“I’m up for running up on them crackers in their city hall.”
你永远在电台上听不到这个
You’ll never hear that shit on the radio.
你根本就没机会在电台里听到有人这么说
Never in a million years will you hear somebody say on the radio,
我准备好在他们的市政大厅里同他们进行对峙了
“I’m up for running up on some crackers in city hall.”
还有
And
人们已经不再问谁杀了Biggie Smalls
people have stopped asking who shot Biggie Smalls.
但如果你从事娱乐行业你还是黑人,你每天都会思考这个问题
But if you in show business and black, you’ll wonder about that every day.
因为他们有可能也会这样对你
‘Cause they might get you, too.
Biggie Smalls 上的是这个幼儿园
Biggie Smalls was in this daycare center.
Miss Jenkins, Miss Green,
Miss Jenkins, Miss Green,
Miss Pennick 是他们的老师
Miss Pennick was their teachers.
她们还在这里,她们已经教学30多年了
And they’re still here. They’ve been here for the past 30 years.
所以下一个 Biggie Smalls 有可能就在这
Man. So the next Biggie Smalls might be here now.
你也不清楚 可能吧
You don’t even know. He may be.
对啊,我刚才跟你说的就是这个意思
That’s it. This is what I just finished telling you.
好,好
All right. All right. Okay.
所以出了这个校门,有可能有下一个
So out of here, you will get the next
大明星 没准,没准下一个 Biggie
star. Maybe… Maybe Biggie Smalls.
…另一个 Biggie Smalls.
…another Biggie Smalls.
这就是那个老幼儿园
This the old daycare center right here, man.
你也在这上学吗?
DAVE: You were in here, too?
我没在这,但我小侄子在这
No, I didn’t go here, though my little nephew used to go here.
我总是来这里接他
I used to always come here to pick up my nephew.
我有一个来自 Junior MAFIA 的兄弟,他妈妈在这里上班
One of my niggas from Junior MAFIA, his mom used to work in here.
所以,就都是在这一片区域
Word? You know, just all around the way, man.
就这一片
All down here.
整个 Junior MAFIA’ 都是这一片的?
So the whole Junior MAFIA’s from around this way?
对,所有人 Kim, 所有人
Yeah. Yeah, everybody. Kim, everybody.
对啊, Kim 过去住在…
Yeah, Kim used to live…
她住在另一个 St. James.
She lived on the other St. James.
在 Lafayette,离这边两个街区
That’s two blocks down this way on Lafayette.
Jay-Z, 他是来自贫民区
Jay-Z, he from Marcy projects.
在那边两三个街区
That ain’t but about two, three blocks on that side.
Junior MAFIA, Biggie, 离这边两三个街区,懂吧?
Junior MAFIA, Big, he’s two blocks back down this way, you know what I’m saying?
所以
So, I mean, you know,
都是我们自己努力的成果
we kind of put it down ourselves.
你们影响了全世界
You influenced the whole world.
对啊,当然了,当然
Yeah, yeah. For sure, for sure.
这都是街区里的事,我们也没什么别的事做
It’s just like it’s a ‘hood thing, man. Like we ain’t got shit to do out here.
音乐就是你的全部
That’s all you got to do, is music, man.
这是让我们很多人不惹麻烦的关键
That was something that kept a lot of us niggas out of trouble.
大家都能自♥由♥一点
Kept motherfuckers off the corner.
不然警♥察♥有可能要来找麻烦
Would have been police out there fucking with you.
你一听音乐
You go in the crib, you listen to some music.
才能让你忘记那些事情
That’s the only thing that kind of cleared the nigga head.
你们没因为钱起过争执吗?
And the money never came between you?
没有,从没有
No, never that. Never that.
大家都是一起长大的
‘Cause we all grew up together.
到头来,我不再做音乐了
At the end of the day, I ain’t gotta make another record no more,
但是兄弟们还是兄弟们,我们都是一起长大的
but those will always be my niggas, ’cause I grew up with them.
这事比嘻哈还要大
It was way bigger than hip-hop.
这就是,我们的工作
Kind of like, that was our work.
那些都是我兄弟,都是一起长大的
Those were my niggas right there. I grew up with them
正因为如此,我们从来不因为什么事吵架
since we was like this, so nothing would ever come between us.
You know what I’m saying?
You know what I’m saying?
我就不一样了,我的老朋友们我一个不见
Me, on the other hand, I don’t see none of my old friends.
那帮王八蛋都是疯子
Them motherfuckers is crazy.
如果你在看的话,我说的就是你
And if you watching this, I mean that shit.
♪(IT’S BIGGER THAN HIP HOP)
♪(PERFORMING IT’S BIGGER THAN HIP HOP)
♪ 这事要大于嘻-哈,嘻-哈,嘻-哈 ♪
(RAPPING) ♪ It’s bigger than hip-hop Hip-hop, hip-hop ♪
♪ 它要大于 ♪ ♪ 说吧 ♪
♪ It’s bigger than ♪ ♪ Say it ♪
♪ 它比什么大? ♪ ♪ 说吧 ♪
♪ What it bigger than? ♪ ♪ Say it ♪
♪ 比什么大? ♪ ♪ 说吧 ♪
♪ What it bigger than? ♪ ♪ Say it ♪
♪ 它比什么大? ♪
♪ What it bigger than? ♪
♪ 音乐一旦响起,你就感受不到疼痛 ♪
♪ One thing about music When it hit, you feel no pain ♪
♪ 白人们说这会控制你的思想 ♪
♪ White folks say it controls your brain ♪
♪ 我知道那不过是商业运营的游戏,我也准备好应对挑战 ♪
♪ I know better than that That’s game, and we ready for that ♪
♪ 两位士兵充当整个集团的首脑,事实上,谁在掌权? ♪
♪ Two soldiers head of the pack Matter of fact, who got the gat? ♪
♪ 我的军队何在? ♪
♪ And where my army at? ♪
♪ 比起沉默更要主动出击 ♪
♪ Rather attack and not react ♪
♪ 说回音乐,这高人一等的偏见可没反应在 ♪
♪ Back the beats, it don’t reflect on how many records get sold ♪
♪ 你们关于性,毒品的摇滚乐上 ♪
♪ On sex, drugs, and rock and roll ♪
♪ 或者是你们那些故意延期的专辑上 ♪
♪ Whether your project gets put on hold ♪
♪ 真实世界里,我们只是有些想法的普通人 ♪
♪ In the real world We just people with ideas ♪
♪ 当浓烟和相机消失,他们同我们一样也是普通人 ♪
♪ They just like me and you When the smoke and camera disappear ♪
♪ 真实世界里,有些事比那些吹牛逼的专辑更重要 ♪
♪ In the real world It’s bigger than all these fake-ass records ♪
♪ 比如让穷♥人♥们获得财富,让女士们获得尊敬 ♪
♪ When poor folks got the millions and my sisters get respect ♪
♪ 如果你刚开始说唱,你最好放轻松 ♪
♪ If you check, one, two My word of advice to you is just relax ♪
♪ 表达你的真实想法如果不成功也并不可惜 ♪
♪ Just do what you got to do If that don’t work then here’s the facts ♪
♪ 不管你是好斗的,高贵的,凶狠的,挑起气氛的,在体育场大合唱的 ♪
♪ If you a fighter, rider, biter, flame-igniter, crowd-exciter ♪
♪ 或者只是想单纯度过好时光,只要说 ♪
♪ Or you wanna just get high, then just say it ♪
♪ 但如果你是个骗子,赝品,弄虚作假,喊狼来了的那个人 ♪
♪ But then if you a liar, liar, pants on fire Wolf- crier, agent with a wire ♪
♪ 当你的歌♥声响起我就会知晓 ♪ ♪ 说吧 ♪
♪ I’m gonna know it when I play it ♪ ♪ Say it ♪
♪ 这事比什么要大? ♪
♪ What it bigger than? ♪
♪ 这事要大过嘻-哈,嘻-哈,嘻-哈 ♪
♪ It’s bigger than hip-hop Hip-hop, hip-hop ♪
♪ 是谁杀了2Pac,如果我们不能查明,他们也会找上我们 ♪
♪ Who shot 2Pac? If we don’t get them, they gonna get us all ♪
♪ 我己经准备好在在市政大厅里与他们对峙了 ♪
♪ I’m down for running up on them crackers In the city hall ♪
♪ 我们是为了你们而斗争,所有的兄弟们,要保持real ♪
♪ We ride for y’all All my dawgs, stay real ♪
♪ 别总想着你的专辑销量 ♪
♪ Nigga, don’t think your record deal ♪
♪ 能让你吃饱穿暖,衣食无忧 ♪
♪ Gonna feed your seeds and pay your bills ♪
♪ 实际上并不能 ♪
♪ Because they’re not ♪
♪ MC们获得一点小小的成绩就失去自我 ♪
♪ MCs get a little bit of love And think they hot ♪
♪ 吹嘘着他们挣到的大钱 ♪
♪ Talking about how much money they got ♪
♪ 天哪,你们这些人的专辑听起来都一样 ♪
♪ Nigga, all y’all records sound the same ♪
♪ 我受够了那些假匪帮,为了流行而作出的妥协只为了在电台获得更多播放 ♪
♪ I sick of that fake thug, R&B, rap scenario All day on the radio ♪
♪ MV里也是 ♪
♪ Same scenes in the video ♪
♪ 这单调的材料令人乏味 ♪
♪ Monotonous material Y’all don’t hear me, though ♪
♪ 这些唱片公♥司♥就像贩毒一样将这些专辑分发 ♪
♪ These record labels sling our tapes like dope ♪
♪ 被厂牌签约,身处最火热的行列 ♪
♪ You can be next in line and signed ♪
♪ 努力创作,却最后一无所有 ♪
♪ and still be writing rhymes and broke ♪
♪ 你是要豪华汽车还是要正义公平?是追逐梦想还是苟且过活? ♪
♪ You rather have a Lexus or justice? A dream or some substance? ♪
♪ 宝马车?大项链?还是自♥由♥? ♪
♪ A Beemer, a necklace or freedom? ♪
♪ 我这样的人不搞虚假diss那一套,我只保持清醒 ♪
♪ See, a nigga like me don’t player-hate I just stay awake ♪
♪ 这是真正的嘻哈精神,而我希望它永不停歇 ♪
♪ This is real hip-hop, and it don’t stop ♪
♪ 知道我们将所有的赝品赶出街区 ♪
♪ Till we get them crackers off our block ♪
♪ 他们管他叫嘻-哈,嘻-哈,嘻-哈 ♪
♪ They call it hip-hop Hip-hop, hip-hop ♪
♪ 它要大过 ♪
♪ It’s bigger than ♪
♪ 什么? ♪
♪ What? ♪
♪ 比什么要大? ♪
♪ What it bigger than? ♪
♪ 嘻-哈,嘻-哈 ♪ ♪ 比什么大? ♪
♪ Hip-hop, hip-hop ♪ ♪ What it bigger than? ♪
♪ 比什么大? ♪
♪ What it bigger than? ♪
♪ 它要大过 ♪
♪ It bigger than ♪
♪ 嘻-哈,嘻-哈 ♪
♪ hip-hop, hip-hop ♪
♪ Dead prez有着真正的狠货,我们保持音乐的本真 ♪
♪ D.P.’s got that crazy shit we keep it crunked up ♪
♪ 来吧,再大声一点 ♪
♪ Come on, blaze this shit ♪
♪ Dead prez有着真正的狠货,我们保持音乐的本真 ♪
♪ D.P.’s got that crazy shit We keep it crunked up ♪
布鲁克林我们爱你
Brooklyn, we love you.
谢谢
Thank y’all.
放了 Aaron Patterson.
Free Aaron Patterson.
看这个,看这个,对准没有?
DAVE: Look at that. Look at that. All right, all right.
准备好没? 这是为了Dead Prez整的
Ready? This is for Dead Prez right here.
特别为 Dead Prez 做的
This is especially for Dead Prez.
Pow!
Pow!
这是人类历史上造的最革命的鞋了 Ya basta!
The most revolutionary shoe known to man. Ya basta!
谁能想到? Ya basta. Ya basta.
Who knew that? Ya basta. Ya basta.
够了就是够了,混♥蛋♥们
Enough is enough, motherfuckers.
你得把我们写进段子里啊, Dave.
You need to get us in a skit, Dave.
我们也是很有天赋的好吧
You know what I’m saying? We can do this.
我们也能做这个,能跳一整天
We can do this. I’ll dance all day.
观众里面有多少人能说唱?
How many people in the audience can MC?
九百人都能说唱