那会还是,相当早的时候
And that was like, you know, much earlier times.
他当时戴了一个巨大个的丝绒王冠
So he had on this big, velvet crown, you know.
就在那会…记得那会啥都要搞成蝙蝠侠吗?
This is around the time… Remember when everything was Batman?
整那种蝙蝠标志,你们南边不时兴这个?
Big Batman buttons. Y’all didn’t do that down south?
好吧,有些人整这个
Okay, well, a few people did that. Okay.
他穿了个那种漆皮的靴子
But he had on these patent leather boots
旁边有那种
with these big
像警徽的玩意在靴子两边
police badge things on the boots,
把裤子塞进去,再戴一个绒帽
with his pants tucked in, with a velvet hat.
他一进来,就开始
And he came in and he started…
就开始做那种牙买♥♥加的那种方言
He started doing like, some real like Jamaican-type patois.
所以,我最开始认识他们的五年
So for like the first five years that I knew them,
我不知道他们其实是海地人
I had no idea they were Haitian.
我以为他们是牙买♥♥加人,因为你知道…
You know, I thought t hey were Jamaican. ‘Cause they just, you know…
他们说话都是那样的
You know, they talk like that.
你要是总统你要干什么?
What would you do if you was president?
我要是总统,我就停止战争
If I was president, I would stop the war.
我要提供给一大堆人
I would provide, like, a whole lot more people
工作的机会
with job opportunities.
我要给乐队里的大家都发奖学金
I would give everybody in this band that need it scholarships.
我要…阿门
I would… Amen.
挺好
All right.
对,奖学金
BOY: Right there! Scholarships!
哟,你要是总统你要怎么办,小哥?
Yo, what would you do if you was president, thug?
我要给大家发更多的奖学金
I’d give, like, everybody, like, more scholarships
给那些需要的人
that who needed them.
她刚说完奖学金,大哥
She said scholarships already, man.
不要学别人说的,经济救助,给那些有需要的人
Don’t be biting what she said. Financial aid. For who needs it.
什么,经济救助? 对
What was that word, “financial aid”? Yeah.
因为我哥们 Matlock 要回家了
‘Cause my dude Matlock had to go back,
我希望他还能在这里
and I wish he was still here.
这就对了,我们来开始这首歌♥
WYCLEF: That’s what it is. So we’re gonna do this song right here.
♪(PRESIDENT)
♪(PERFORMING PRESIDENT)
(SINGING) ♪ 假如我成了总统 ♪
(SINGING) ♪ If I was president ♪
♪ 在周五竞选成功 ♪
♪ I’d get elected on Friday ♪
♪ 在周六被刺杀 ♪
♪ Assassinated on Saturday ♪
♪ 在周日被埋葬 ♪
♪ Buried on Sunday ♪
♪ 周一再回来工作 ♪
♪ Then go back to work on Monday ♪
♪ 假如我成了总统 ♪
♪ If I was president ♪
♪ 如果我是总统 ♪
♪ If I was president ♪
♪ 如果我是总统啊 ♪
♪ If I was president Yeah, yeah ♪
♪ 不要再在战争上花上无数的金钱 ♪
♪ Instead of spending billions on the war ♪
♪ 我们要用这些钱 ♪
♪ We can use that money ♪
♪ 来帮助穷♥人♥ ♪
♪ So we can feed the poor ♪
♪ 因为我知道在 Flatbush 有人♪
♪ ‘Cause I know someone in Flatbush ♪
♪ 下雨天就是在洗澡 ♪
♪ When it rains, that’s when they shower ♪
♪ 高喊着“对抗强权” ♪
♪ Screaming “fight the power” ♪
♪ 那就是穷苦人饱腹的时候 ♪
♪ That’s when the vulture devours ♪
♪ 假如我成了总统 ♪
♪ If I was president ♪
♪ 在周五竞选成功 ♪
♪ I’d get elected on Friday ♪
♪ 在周六被刺杀 ♪
♪ Assassinated on Saturday ♪
♪ 在周日被埋葬 ♪
♪ Buried on Sunday ♪
♪ 周一回来继续工作 ♪
♪ Then go back to work on Monday ♪
♪ 假如我成了总统 ♪
♪ If I was president ♪
♪ 假如我成了总统 ♪
♪ If I was president ♪
♪ 如果我成了总统 ♪
♪ If I was president ♪
砰!
Boom!
看到这么多黑人在上大学真好,你们懂吧?
It’s good to see all these black people in college. You know what I’m saying?
听着,我得跟你们讲
And listen, man, I’m gonna tell y’all like this.
不要因为任何事怪罪白人,自己争取,明白吗?
Don’t blame the white man for nothing. Get yours, you understand?
我刚来这个国家时,我连英语都不会说
I came to this country, I ain’t know how to speak English.
我是自学的,我去了图书馆
I made something of myself. I went to the library.
英语是我的第三语言,才学会怎么说英语
English is like my third language. I just learned how to speak English.
所以那套说辞“这事都赖白人”…
So the thing about all of that, “Yo, the white man responsible for that”…
白人啥也赖不着
White man ain’t responsible for shit.
社区里都设了图书馆
They got libraries in the ‘hood.
要是没有的话,告诉你们市长
And if they don’t got libraries, tell your mayor,
你们州长,不管是谁
your governor, whoever, in your county,
在社区里设点他妈的图书馆
to put some motherfucking libraries in the ‘hood.
我知道在这拍摄呢,我不应该对你们孩子说脏话
I know what the camera’s saying. I shouldn’t be cursing to you kids,
但反正网上啥都有了
but this shit is all over the Internet anyway.
我的妈
DAVE: Holy shit!
不好意思
Excuse my language.
听着
Man, listen.
我们啥也不能干了
There’s nothing we can’t do.
到此为止了
Let’s all go from here, man, and try to do some good.
上帝保佑你们,谢谢你让我们聚在这里
God bless you all. Thank you for letting me come here.
谢谢你们,所有演出的艺术家
Thank you, all the artists, for being here.
世界因我们而震撼
We shook up the world.
世界因我们而震撼!
We shook up the world!
晚安,上帝保佑你们
Good night. God bless you.
你知道吗?我现在就可以跟你说,我不会忘了的
You know what? I’m gonna tell you right now, I’ll never forget this.
这是我入行以来最棒的一天
This is the best single day of my career.
我为你骄傲 我很开心 谢谢
I’m proud. I’m so happy. Thank you.
谢谢你的分享,女士
Thank you for sharing it with me, ma’am.
我的荣幸
Hey, my pleasure.
谢谢你让我们来到这里
Thank you for letting us be here.
我的荣幸
My pleasure.
要回来啊 哦,我会回来的
Come back. Oh, I’ll be back, Luz.
你还没见着我真面目呢
You haven’t seen the last of me.
我不想见…
I don’t want to see…
(邪恶的大笑)
(LAUGHING EVILLY)
♪(PARTING WAYS)
♪(PERFORMING PARTING WAYS)
♪ 尽管我们将要分别,请记住 ♪
(SINGING) ♪ Though we are parting ways, remember this ♪
♪ 我们还会相聚 ♪
♪ We shall come around ♪
♪ 眼神再度交换 ♪
♪ To touch eyes again ♪
♪ 爱是一切的基础 ♪
♪ Love is the foundation ♪
♪ 为的是生命的循环 ♪
♪ The purpose be to recycle life ♪
♪ 大千世界,融为一体 ♪
♪ The promise shall bring us to one ♪
♪ 最后是跳动的心脏 ♪
♪ beating heart in the end ♪
大家都是特别亲切,就像是出来玩
Everybody was so down-to-earth, and just hung out
为我们表演,我们都很开心
and gave us their time. We had a good time.
跟我妈妈说两句
Say something to my mom, real quick.
妈妈,等一下,你儿子在这吸毒呢!
Mama. Hold on one second. Your son’s smoking crack.
把那玩意放下,你在干什么?
Put that pipe down. What are you doing?
不管你是谁,身份如何
And it doesn’t matter who you are, what you are,
你从哪里来,你都能实现梦想
what you’ve come from, you can do what you want.
因为很多人,那些名人,他们地位很高
‘Cause all of those people out there, they’re celebrities, they’re in high places,
但他们也是人,就像我一样
but they’re regular, just like me.
他们看到我做好本职工作会很高兴
They was happy to see me doing my work
就像我看他们一样
like I’m happy to see them doing theirs.
看到机会就要抓住
You see an opportunity, just seize it.
像 Eminem 说的,you only got one time.
Like Eminem say, you only got one time.
Don’t miss your opportunity.
Don’t miss your opportunity.
我们要开始长途旅行了,又一段路程
We’re going on another long trip, another long voyage.
希望最后咱们坐的是一辆车
Hope y’all end up riding with us.
看起来今天不会下雨
Look like it’s going to be a little drier today, though.
♪ 谈起爱情 ♪
CODY CHESNUTT: (SINGING) ♪ Talking about love ♪
♪ 上帝赐予的爱 ♪
♪ God-given love, God-given love ♪
我还有一个,一个布鲁斯式的
DAVE: I also have a number that’s a blues number.
你要听吗?
Would you like to hear it?
你就来点,像是…
You just play some, like…
来点 Muddy Waters 那样的,就这样
Yeah, some Muddy Waters. Yeah, just like that.
好了,现在是好玩的部分
All right, but here’s the fun part of the bit,
大家每人都能唱一段
is everybody can sing a verse.
♪ 今儿早上醒过来 ♪
(SINGING) ♪ I woke up this mornin’ ♪
♪ 大概四点十五 ♪
♪ About quarter of four ♪
♪ 躺回被窝 ♪
♪ Went back to sleep ♪
♪ 八点再次醒来 ♪
♪ Then I woke up at 8:00 ♪
♪ 又躺回被窝 ♪
♪ Went back to sleep again ♪